******** 2022 NBA Playoffs Thread ********
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 158, 159, 160 ... 297, 298, 299  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 11:16 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
The Celtics trusted their prospects and didn't trade them for AD, now is getting the dividends.

That's because AD's father said that AD wouldn't stay a Celtic after his contract ended the next season.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Magic fell in love with the LA kid narrative

Imagine a guy from LA, that went to UCLA, leading the Lakers to a championship

And Lonzo has proved himself an extremely valuable piece and would have been a perfect fit next to LeBron and AD.

Tatum on the other hand just like Ball would have been traded along with BI for Anthony Davis.

So this "What if we drafted Tatum instead?!?!!?" talk ends at "He'd be on New Orleans now with BI and Zion instead of on the Celtics with Smart and Brown". And that's about it.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 11:29 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
danzag wrote:

And Lonzo has proved himself an extremely valuable piece and would have been a perfect fit next to LeBron and AD.

Tatum on the other hand just like Ball would have been traded along with BI for Anthony Davis.

So this "What if we drafted Tatum instead?!?!!?" talk ends at "He'd be on New Orleans now with BI and Zion instead of on the Celtics with Smart and Brown". And that's about it.

I don't see a single scenario where Rob, Klutch and company pass up on AD. That was the expectation when Lebron joined the "baby Lakers", and they were sending hints that management would need to give up anyone necessary to get him. We knew they were on a timer. Maybe they give up a little less (keep Hart or the #4).
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 11:34 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
The Celtics trusted their prospects and didn't trade them for AD, now is getting the dividends.

So far 1 ring to nil

Some people just don't get it. For the first time in all my years at LG, I'm going to make myself my first signature to address this ridiculous issue:

Last edited by joeblow on Sat May 14, 2022 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 11:40 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

Pretty sure the Celtics would've taken a championship over getting taken to Game 7 by a Bucks team missing their 2nd best player.

They could very well get both.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:43 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Monday morning QB's are ALWAYS right.

Contrary to what Magic fed Laker fans, Lonzo was not a home run prospect. He wasn’t even the best PG prospect in his own draft. I routinely questioned Lonzo as a prospect before the draft.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:58 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Contrary to what Magic fed Laker fans, Lonzo was not a home run prospect. He wasn’t even the best PG prospect in his own draft. I routinely questioned Lonzo as a prospect before the draft.

I understand what you are saying. That being said, it is all a crap shoot and nobody really knows at the end of the day. I get more pissed about all the head scratching moves (ie Caruso or trading for Muscala). Making bad moves (no matter how small they seem at the time) seem to have a multiplying and compounding impact. It sucks that these moves were made with known commodities (unlike foreshadowing how a college kid is going to develop).
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
I think the Heat come out of the East.

They would definitely beat Boston in a series. MIL with Middleton, I'm not sure.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 2:07 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
danzag wrote:

Pretty sure if it was Tatum instead of lonzo, we’d have a lot of assets left, probably even keep BI, or the number 4 pick.
lonzo is not even close to Tatum no matter how Some lakers fans overate him.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 2:14 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
defense wrote:
Tatum is sink or swim.

He will shoot you to the win
Or chuck you to a loss
Major ball hog seeking individual goals first

Sounds like Kobe? Lol

Yes but kobe was more talented and got away with it more
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Man, Tatum is legit

Under 25 goes

Giannis then Luka/Jokic then Tatum/Booker/Ja/Zion then the BI/Kat/Embiid/Trae of the world (maybe Embiid and Zion flip)
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 3:00 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
danzag wrote:

The guys who wasted that draft pick probably would have doubled down on stupid and traded Tatum
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Jim Owczarski

Khris Middleton has been ruled out for Game 7 vs. the #Celtics.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 3:59 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Quote:
Jim Owczarski

Khris Middleton has been ruled out for Game 7 vs. the #Celtics.

Kind of expected. Either way, hard to see the Bucks winning tomorrow. They had the perfect opportunity to close it out at home and lollygagged the entire way with their drop coverage on 3pt shooters. Giannis will need to score 40+ and play 44+ minutes for them to have a chance. And if Bud goes with his wack ass rotations and puts George Hill on Tatum again, kiss their chances goodbye.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 4:57 pm    Post subject:

All these Tatum fans.....I would like to see your reactions if Tatum has another poor efficiency game when his team has the bigger pressure to succeed. All these Tatum nuthuggers are going to pretend their praise of him never existed. I trust Jaylen Brown and Al Horford far more mentally than Tatum. Tatum is a Chris Webber.....a big time talent who doesnt have what it takes to win the big one. And no one here will dare argue Tatum was a better player than Webber. Too bad the Celtics dont have quite the number of mental chokers like the old Kings did: Webber, Christie, Stojakovic, Divac with 2 ice cold assasins in Bibby and Bobby Jackson.

So easy and cliche to praise Tatum after a 46 pt outing. Im willing to call out that he will disappoint in Game 7. If Im wrong i will take all the insults I rightfully deserve but if Im right about Tatum as he shows himself to be what I always thought of him as, then I will gloat on here.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 5:13 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
I think the Heat come out of the East.

They would definitely beat Boston in a series. MIL with Middleton, I'm not sure.

Dude MIL with Middleton this time around would spank the current Heat no problems. If that series went 6 games I would be surprised. This current team is much different than the one that the Heat faced in the bubble of 2020. As Kobe said, once you win the title, your mentality and confidence completely changes. I can definitely see that with the Bucks. The Bucks of 2020 would not have put the 7 game fight with the current Celtics without Middleton that they are doing now. They would have faded away and lost without putting up much of a fight like they used to do pre-2021 once the wall was properly set up to stop Giannis.

Reminds me of 1999 Spurs vs Lakers and 2001 Spurs vs Lakers. Talent difference between the two Lakers teams were negligible as was the case with San Antonio but the mentality and execution was completely different.

Last edited by 1995Lakers on Sat May 14, 2022 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 5:16 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:
danzag wrote:

Pretty sure if it was Tatum instead of lonzo, we’d have a lot of assets left, probably even keep BI, or the number 4 pick.

New Orleans wasn't trading Davis for anything less than our pick + our two top lottery picks.

You're only keeping BI or Tatum IF you still had Randle and we didn't cause we wouldn't give him an extra season.
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Bruins lost game seven. Let's hope the Celtic continue the trend.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Celts also bent over for AD by offering just about anyone or anything including Tatum. It's just that AD chose LA. Imagine if AD had chosen the Celts, we would have had something like Bron, BI, and Garland in our starting lineup right now. I wonder what Vogel could have done with Hart and Lonzo. We might be without #17 but we would be loaded AF.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:06 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Celts also bent over for AD by offering just about anyone or anything including Tatum. It's just that AD chose LA. Imagine if AD had chosen the Celts, we would have had something like Bron, BI, and Garland in our starting lineup right now. I wonder what Vogel could have done with Hart and Lonzo. We might be without #17 but we would be loaded AF.

Celtics did not offer Tatum. They were willing to offer Brown but not Tatum.

This is why between that and AD’s dad saying AD wouldn’t sign in Boston, the Lakers/LeKlutch were bidding against themselves.
kobe8One
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:09 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

UCLA product at No.2 is already a mistake. Examples: WB and Love we called them trash here.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 9:12 pm    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
danzag wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

So far 1 ring to nil

Some people just don't get it. For the first time in all my years at LG, I'm going to make myself my first signature to address this ridiculous issue:

People really like to overreact. Have I mentioned anything about the Lakers? The truth is they now seem like one of the better teams in the playoff. What would they be if they sent Tatum and Brown to the Cavs? No one knows.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:46 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
joeblow wrote:
danzag wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

So far 1 ring to nil

People really like to overreact. Have I mentioned anything about the Lakers? The truth is they now seem like one of the better teams in the playoff. What would they be if they sent Tatum and Brown to the Cavs? No one knows.

Fair enough... but I'm still keeping my sig.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 7:12 am    Post subject:

No Scott Foster today for the Suns game.
That's BS Adam Silver!!!!! 😂
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 8:10 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

The Celtics didn’t do that
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 158, 159, 160 ... 297, 298, 299  Next
Page 159 of 299
Jump to: