OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7847, 7848, 7849 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 6:11 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Good thing 76ers didn't fire Rivers otherwise the Lakers might have hired him and started another coaching carousel.

I still think Vogel is still the best of all of the currently available headcoaches. We should have kept the headcoach and fired the GM and try to find more young, energetic players like Caruso thru the undrafted market for Vogel.

That would require Jeanie actually knowing basketball, and having a competent basketball mind advising her, instead of Linda.

They screwed up and put it all on the coach to save their butts. So now those same people that screwed up can lean on a new "strong voice" to get the team back into playoffs with 45 wins and they can pat themselves in the back.

It's really sad to see play out.

It's Jeanie's World until her siblings couldn't stand it anymore and gave her a vote of no confidence. I think only her five siblings could force her to sell. The fans could help by not supporting the team so they might actually start losing money. That would make any owner sell real fast.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 7:55 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Good thing 76ers didn't fire Rivers otherwise the Lakers might have hired him and started another coaching carousel.

I still think Vogel is still the best of all of the currently available headcoaches. We should have kept the headcoach and fired the GM and try to find more young, energetic players like Caruso thru the undrafted market for Vogel.

That would require Jeanie actually knowing basketball, and having a competent basketball mind advising her, instead of Linda.

They screwed up and put it all on the coach to save their butts. So now those same people that screwed up can lean on a new "strong voice" to get the team back into playoffs with 45 wins and they can pat themselves in the back.

It's Jeanie's World until her siblings couldn't stand it anymore and gave her a vote of no confidence. I think only her five siblings could force her to sell. The fans could help by not supporting the team so they might actually start losing money. That would make any owner sell real fast.

There is a big difference between real life and a public forum. The lakers are a big time brand and they are not going anywhere

People will go to watch the lakers play… it’s one of the hottest tickets in LA
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 9:42 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Westbrook to NY for Randle/Noel/Fournier

Noel essentially replaces Dwight next year and we get 2 guys that would fit better then Westbrook and could easily get traded if it doesn’t work out.

Not a fan of Julius and why does NYK do that? Salary dump?

It clears cap space for them when they can go star hunting for FAs next summer

So we take salary but no assets back

Westbrook is a negative asset. Teams are asking the Lakers for a 1st to take him. Any trade that ships Westbrook out for rotational pieces that doesn't require the Lakers to include any draft picks is the best you're going to get.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 9:54 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

This! Frank got the shaft as he paid a price for Rob's ineptitude. Going from Frank to Doc would have been a downgrade. Unfortunately for us, the coaching menu is not good. One would think that Rob would have had a coach in mind before offing Frank. Not only will we end up taking a hit in regards to stability, but we "may" end up taking a hit in terms of coaching. Sure Frank had his warts (what coach does not), but I would have preferred that we had kept him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 9:56 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Reaves
Monk
Simmons
Bron
Ad
Wins west loses to bucks.

So Simmons becomes a stand in the corner and shoot 3’s guy? Yuck.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 9:58 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Westbrook to NY for Randle/Noel/Fournier

Noel essentially replaces Dwight next year and we get 2 guys that would fit better then Westbrook and could easily get traded if it doesn’t work out.

Not a fan of Julius and why does NYK do that? Salary dump?

It clears cap space for them when they can go star hunting for FAs next summer

So we take salary but no assets back

Westbrook is a negative asset. Teams are asking the Lakers for a 1st to take him. Any trade that ships Westbrook out for rotational pieces that doesn't require the Lakers to include any draft picks is the best you're going to get.

We are taking 96m/4yr salary of randle and 18.8m of Fournier for a year more then Westbrook

That’s a lot
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:08 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

This! Frank got the shaft as he paid a price for Rob's ineptitude. Going from Frank to Doc would have been a downgrade. Unfortunately for us, the coaching menu is not good. One would think that Rob would have had a coach in mind before offing Frank. Not only will we end up taking a hit in regards to stability, but we "may" end up taking a hit in terms of coaching. Sure Frank had his warts (what coach does not), but I would have preferred that we had kept him.

Frank Vogel Interviewed For Hornets Head Coaching Job
https://lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-frank-vogel-interviewed-for-hornets-head-coaching-job/2022/05/12/
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:41 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

There is a big difference between real life and a public forum. The lakers are a big time brand and they are not going anywhere

Attendance was bad during the post Kobe, pre lebron years.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 11:08 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Exactly. If you only read this forum u would think we are some organization that's never won before.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 11:47 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Exactly. If you only read this forum u would think we are some organization that's never won before.

And you would think that this is the same organization that won before. It isn’t, Jerry Buss is gone and they now have his brain dead kids.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:16 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Was it bad?

Everything I have seen concerning attendance always has the Lakers among league leaders in attendance every season. And typically among the leaders of visiting attendance spikes around the league.

Lakers are a draw. Even in bad Laker years, opposing fans love to see the Lakers beaten.

No shows may go up during bad years. But the ticket has been sold.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Was it bad?

Everything I have seen concerning attendance always has the Lakers among league leaders in attendance every season. And typically among the leaders of visiting attendance spikes around the league.

Lakers are a draw. Even in bad Laker years, opposing fans love to see the Lakers beaten.

Lakers have always been in the 9-11 range, even with Lebron: http://www.espn.com/nba/attendance

Zo was a galvanizing player and summer league basically sold out with him. I remember BI getting hype as well.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:31 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

The actual facts say otherwise:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/197529/nba-home-attendance-of-the-los-angeles-lakers-since-2006/

The also made record profits during those years:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/286029/operating-income-of-the-los-angeles-lakers-national-basketball-association/
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:40 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Was it bad?

Lakers have always been in the 9-11 range, even with Lebron: http://www.espn.com/nba/attendance

Zo was a galvanizing player and summer league basically sold out with him. I remember BI getting hype as well.

That's because of the size of the building.- Staples (now Crypto) is 15th (out of 30) in seating capacity. In terms of % of seats sold, the Lakers are always top-5 and usually top-3.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Would D'Antoni going to the Hornets make a Russ trade more or less likely?
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 1:28 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

And you would think that this is the same organization that won before. It isn’t, Jerry Buss is gone and they now have his brain dead kids.

Why are you here? Why do you care?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Was it bad?

That's because of the size of the building.- Staples (now Crypto) is 15th (out of 30) in seating capacity. In terms of % of seats sold, the Lakers are always top-5 and usually top-3.

They were 10th this year
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 3:35 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:

I think Dantoni would welcome Westbrook running his offense when Ball isn’t, but really don’t think taking on Gordon Hayward or Scary Terry appeals to the fiscally conservative Lakers.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 4:33 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:

Are they giving us Lamelo?
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 5:15 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

The guy absolutely hates Jeannie. It's kind of comical that he wrote "brain dead kids", but he doesn't think Jimbo is one of them.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 7:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Reaves
Monk
Simmons
Bron
Ad
Wins west loses to bucks.

So Simmons becomes a stand in the corner and shoot 3’s guy? Yuck.

That team defense and breaks.
If they go half court offense, unfortunately it might be AD at the corner.
But I'd take my chances with 2 elite playmakers.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 10:52 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1525898511803359236?s=21&t=e_cEDM3HBuxprZx2gVxjeA

This smells like Morey trying to prey on the Lakers asset management stupidity hoping they give up a FRP for Doc
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 10:57 am    Post subject:

There’s no way the Lakers can seriously be interested in Doc? This front office can’t be that stupid can it?

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 11:36 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1525898511803359236?s=21&t=e_cEDM3HBuxprZx2gVxjeA

This smells like Morey trying to prey on the Lakers asset management stupidity hoping they give up a FRP for Doc

We should get a 1st for taking Doc off their hands.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 12:39 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
AD23 wrote:

The guy absolutely hates Jeannie. It's kind of comical that he wrote "brain dead kids", but he doesn't think Jimbo is one of them.

Disclaimer up front: I am not a mod and am happy not to be a mod. I'm not your mom or your dad. I am not the hall monitor. You are going to do whatever you want to do, and you don't care about what I think or what anyone else thinks. Fine.

I'm going to say it anyway: When you post stuff like this, you make yourselves look like juvenile asses. When you call someone a Clippers fan or whatever, you look like someone who never quite got past junior high school.

Carry on.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7847, 7848, 7849 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7848 of 8560
Jump to: