Count the 1947 Championship! We have 18 rings! (updated)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
DIECISIETE!*

* (c) Dr. Laker. All rights reserved.

I need to see if anyone has infringed on my copyright.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Chick Hearn w/ George Mikan
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject:

LakerDynasty6.0 wrote:
Glad to see this thread resurrected...

Just want to add: the chowderheads are really the buffalo braves moved down south to san diego as the clips and then up to LA. That 78 ownership swap where Braves owner John Y. Brown Jr. swapped franchises with then-Boston Celtics owner Irv Levin, who then moved the team to San Diego, where it was renamed the San Diego Clippers So, you can subtract three from the chowderheads total!

Whatever happened to CYLakers who had some great posts on this thread!

While this reduces the Celtics championships by 4 (should be 4 since 78, not 3), doesn't this then mean the Clippers are owners of 12 championships thanks to the swap?

In any event, it makes sense that the Clippers are my other most hated franchise after the Celtics, as they technically are the Celtics.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 6:28 am    Post subject:

They aren't tied.

#1 Lakers 18 titles
#2 Celtics 17 titles
#3 Bulls 6 titles
#4 Spurs 5 titles
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 7:20 am    Post subject:

Hey, Celtics have won 1 championship the last 22 seasons.

Lakers? 6. We'll catch them and surpass them. Winning in 2010 was so sweet against the Celtics. And getting another in 2020 was great too.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 8:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Lakers? 6. We'll catch them and surpass them. Winning in 2010 was so sweet against the Celtics. And getting another in 2020 was great too.

But currently, they're much better positioned than us to win #18. Case in point, they have a 1 in 4 chance to win it all this season while we're out of the playoffs. Next season, their roster will probably not change much while we still have Westbrick's contract on our book. The race is tied currently but we probably will have to sweat it out for the next few seasons if it were to remain tied.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 8:07 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But currently, they're much better positioned than us to win #18. Case in point, they have a 1 in 4 chance to win it all this season while we're out of the playoffs. Next season, their roster will probably not change much while we still have Westbrick's contract on our book. The race is tied currently but we probably will have to sweat it out for the next few seasons if it were to remain tied.

Nothing is guaranteed. How many championships did that great OKC team win? Things may or may not break right for them. But it's a fact that in the past 22 seasons, Celtics have 1 championship. So I do believe we will surpass them in my lifetime.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 8:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Nothing is guaranteed. How many championships did that great OKC team win? Things may or may not break right for them. But it's a fact that in the past 22 seasons, Celtics have 1 championship. So I do believe we will surpass them in my lifetime.

Tatum is 24 and Brown is 25. Assuming they will be in their absolute prime in the next five years while staying in Foston, they will have a "very good" chance of winning #18. Including this year, they will have 6 chances at it while the Lakers don't even own their own frp until 2027. The Lakers have two aging superstars (one very injury proned) while not having much capspace and assets in order to improve their roster.

While the Lakers have just won #17, their outlook is not good. Foston's outlook is very good. While Foston might not win a ring in the next 6 years, they also have a decent chance at winning multiple rings.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 8:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

A shot on goal doesn't automatically mean a score, but the more shots you have the more likely you are to score. Once you reach close to the top then you tweak and tune and try again. The emphasis is on tweak and tune.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 8:37 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Tatum is 24 and Brown is 25. Assuming they will be in their absolute prime in the next five years while staying in Foston, they will have a "very good" chance of winning #18. Including this year, they will have 6 chances at it while the Lakers don't even own their own frp until 2027. The Lakers have two aging superstars (one very injury proned) while not having much capspace and assets in order to improve their roster.

While the Lakers have just won #17, their outlook is not good. Foston's outlook is very good. While Foston might not win a ring in the next 6 years, they also have a decent chance at winning multiple rings.

Sure. They may have shots, but again, I laugh when people assume a 5-10 year championship window. Nothing is guaranteed. Look at all the injuries and how hard it is to win a championship in today's NBA. Which is why I'm grateful that we won in 2020.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 8:38 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

A shot on goal doesn't automatically mean a score, but the more shots you have the more likely you are to score. Once you reach close to the top then you tweak and tune and try again. The emphasis is on tweak and tune.

Sure. But we have no idea what the next Lakers team will look like when LBJ is gone too. They can quickly reload in the next few years too so there's a chance we may be up there with the Celts again quickly. (or not).
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 8:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Sure. They may have shots, but again, I laugh when people assume a 5-10 year championship window. Nothing is guaranteed. Look at all the injuries and how hard it is to win a championship in today's NBA. Which is why I'm grateful that we won in 2020.

I'm also very grateful for our 2020 championship but I'm not grateful for the current outlook of the team. Not grateful of the fact that we probably would not be legit contender again for at least another 5 years as we pay for the championship mortgage.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 8:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Sure. But we have no idea what the next Lakers team will look like when LBJ is gone too. They can quickly reload in the next few years too so there's a chance we may be up there with the Celts again quickly. (or not).

Your statement applies to every single team, every single team can reload and there's a chance every single team can be up there with the Celts again quickly.
The reality is at this moment the Celtics are closer and, using a track & field analogy, "look fresh". That's all that i got from the OP's post and it seemed reasonable to me, even though I detest the Celtics.
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 2:24 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I'm also very grateful for our 2020 championship but I'm not grateful for the current outlook of the team. Not grateful of the fact that we probably would not be legit contender again for at least another 5 years as we pay for the championship mortgage.

And, it could be longer. If LBJ keeps to his dream of playing here with his son.

Jeanie wants to make sure he is happy playing here.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Just a reminder the Lakers have 18 championships and the Celtics have 17 championships
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:20 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Just a reminder the Lakers have 18 championships and the Celtics have 17 championships

Damn skippy!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: