Dodgers 2022 thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 432, 433, 434  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Well this is interesting timing...

Jon Morosi
@jonmorosi
·
1m
News: #Dodgers announce 1-year contract with reliever Blake Treinen for 2023.
@MLBNetwork
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Meh, things happen. Annoying loss but this team is too good for me to care so much about it. Especially coming off a 7 game win streak. Some of y'all need to go outside, lol.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Meh, things happen. Annoying loss but this team is too good for me to care so much about it. Especially coming off a 7 game win streak. Some of y'all need to go outside, lol.

Every game matters. Can't take winning the division for granted. The grind of last season was a huge factor in us running out of gas in the NLCS and not being at full strength.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 2:04 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Every game matters. Can't take winning the division for granted. The grind of last season was a huge factor in us running out of gas in the NLCS and not being at full strength.

Sure, but the tenor of this thread is a bit much. Lots of disaster takes about a team that is clearly the class of the league.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Sure, but the tenor of this thread is a bit much. Lots of disaster takes about a team that is clearly the class of the league.

Hey, if you're cool watching Muncy do his Cody Bellinger 2021 impression this year, that's certainly a choice. I'm not OK with it.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Fabian Ardaya
@FabianArdaya
·
12m
Blake Treinen's extension with the Dodgers, a source told The Athletic, picks up his 2023 option (worth $8 million) and adds a conditional option for 2024.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 2:12 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Well this is interesting timing...

Jon Morosi
@jonmorosi
·
1m
News: #Dodgers announce 1-year contract with reliever Blake Treinen for 2023.
@MLBNetwork

Great news. Makes up for the loss today. Wonder how much he got. If Jansen and Kimbrel are worth $16M, Treinen's gotta be worth at least that, if not more.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 2:13 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Fabian Ardaya
@FabianArdaya
·
12m
Blake Treinen's extension with the Dodgers, a source told The Athletic, picks up his 2023 option (worth $8 million) and adds a conditional option for 2024.

interesting. Wonder how much is the 2024 option and who owns it?

Maybe Treinen was worried about this injury hurting his market?
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 2:21 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Fabian Ardaya
@FabianArdaya
·
12m

I looked it up, and it's actually the Dodgers picking up his TEAM option...So, the team obviously must have really good visibility into his current injury, and are certain that it's not serious.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2021-01-05/dodgers-build-bullpen-resign-blake-treinen-two-year-contract
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 2:32 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Fabian Ardaya
@FabianArdaya
·
12m

I looked it up, and it's actually the Dodgers picking up his TEAM option...So, the team obviously must have really good visibility into his current injury, and are certain that it's not serious.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2021-01-05/dodgers-build-bullpen-resign-blake-treinen-two-year-contract

Yeah, I don't get the deal from Treinen's point of view.

If the Dodgers feel good about Treinen's current injury, then surely Treinen feels equally as good.

So, the Dodgers owed him at least $1.5M for the buyout. If they picked up the option, it's another $6.5M (or $8M total).

So, for guaranteeing that option now, Treinen gives the Dodgers another option for 2024:

Quote:
Treinen will earn $8MM in 2023, as The Athletic’s Fabian Ardaya reports that the extension will guarantee the club option. The deal also gives the Dodgers a conditional option over Treinen for 2024.

The Dodgers announced a contract extension with right-hander Blake Treinen that will officially keep the reliever in the fold for the 2023 season. Treinen was already controlled for 2023 via a club option, which would’ve paid him $8MM if exercised (or $1.5MM if bought out).

Treinen's turning 34 next month, so if this is his age 34 season, then he's under team control for his age 35-36 seasons as well.

That means he won't hit free agency until his age 37 season. Yeah, I just don't understand this move from Treinen's perspective. He's getting paid less than Jansen.

I would understand it if his 2024 option was worth $20M with a $5M buyout, or something close to that. We'll see.

But having control over Treinen for 2 more years is just fantastic. And at a great rate.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 2:51 pm    Post subject:

^
The injury has to play a factor in this. Perhaps there's some chance he won't return this season and that he could be compromised next season as well, and perhaps he'll make it back in August and then be totally fine.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 2:56 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
The injury has to play a factor in this. Perhaps there's some chance he won't return this season and that he could be compromised next season as well, and perhaps he'll make it back in August and then be totally fine.

For sure, that's the only reason it would make sense for Treinen is if he's worried about the injury affecting his market.

But if his injury worries Treinen, then it must worry the Dodgers as well.

I'm just saying there can't be a case where the Dodgers aren't too worried about the injury but Treinen is.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 4:52 pm    Post subject:

We're up 9-0

Anderson has been amazing.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 5:25 pm    Post subject:

10-0 so far —- this game was over pretty early
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 5:30 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Hey, if you're cool watching Muncy do his Cody Bellinger 2021 impression this year, that's certainly a choice. I'm not OK with it.

Not at all what I said. I just said people are getting crazy over a loss for nothing.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 5:39 pm    Post subject:

not complaining, but what is that substance on Anderson's hat? is that legal? lol
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Anderson about to get us a complete game shutout. Wow
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Anderson has really only had one poor game . That was the one that he gave up 7 runs to the Phillies. Other than that he's not given up more than 2 runs a game. Another under the radar dumpster dive by Friedman.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:16 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Anderson has really only had one poor game . That was the one that he gave up 7 runs to the Phillies. Other than that he's not given up more than 2 runs a game. Another under the radar dumpster dive by Friedman.

I don't know if it's dumpster diving when we paid him $8M
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:25 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

$8.5m is about the price for 1 WAR. Before today's game he had 0.5 fWAR so he's on the way.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 10:09 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

$8.5m is about the price for 1 WAR. Before today's game he had 0.5 fWAR so he's on the way.

Decent pitching is so scarce that 8 million on a short deal is pretty cheap.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 4:10 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Decent pitching is so scarce that 8 million on a short deal is pretty cheap.

We might be the only team in mlb to consider spending $8M as dumpster diving.

I think when we spent $8.5M on Heaney, people considered that to be alot.

Compare that to what the Giants paid Alex Wood last year: $3M.

I'd say $3M would be dumpster diving. $8M I'd say is paying market price for mediocre pitching.

Anderson and Heaney together came out to $16.5M. That's quite alot of money. That's the same as paying Kershaw $17M.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 9:59 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:

This place is really calm compared to a lot of other places I’ve seen after a loss. Also the fact that the winning streak ended IS a reason to be frustrated, especially with two late blown leads.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 10:03 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
SD: 7
SF: 0

At this point, I don't know if I should be rooting for SD or SF.

SD's right on our tails right now. Should they win today, they'd be 1/2 game behind. I think SD is this year's version of last year's SF Giants.

Dodgers: 27-13
Padres: 27-14 (should they win this game)

Well at least if the Giants keep struggling it turns into a 2 team race instead of the 3 team race I was worried about. I’m really happy to see the Giants with 5 straight losses and a 22-19 record. Has to be so frustrating for them after the magical year they had last year.

The Yankees record is a 29-13. Dodgers at 28-13. That surprises me after the Yankees record looked much better than any other team about a week ago.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Trea Turner quietly has a 16-game hitting streak.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 432, 433, 434  Next
Page 119 of 434
Jump to: