Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 10:57 am    Post subject:

Just got back from England. You think people in the US aren’t wearing masks, I saw waaaaaaay fewer masks in England then even my part of Florida. In London mask use was few and far between. In Southampton and Eastborne I don’t think I saw a single person wearing a mask.

Also the re-entry Covid test requirement that the US still has for some reason even though almost every country has dropped it is even more pointless after experiencing it. I did a telehealth proctored rapid test using the BinoxNow tests through eMed. The Indian call center proctor didn’t give a single (bleep) and didn’t even instruct me to do the test properly. They just want you off the visit quickly. Then they send you a pdf of the results. The airlines don’t give a (bleep) and barely glanced at the results. I seriously could have just generated a word document and shown it to them and they wouldn’t have cared. The entire thing it’s totally pointless now.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 4:19 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
Just got back from England. You think people in the US aren’t wearing masks, I saw waaaaaaay fewer masks in England then even my part of Florida. In London mask use was few and far between. In Southampton and Eastborne I don’t think I saw a single person wearing a mask.

Also the re-entry Covid test requirement that the US still has for some reason even though almost every country has dropped it is even more pointless after experiencing it. I did a telehealth proctored rapid test using the BinoxNow tests through eMed. The Indian call center proctor didn’t give a single (bleep) and didn’t even instruct me to do the test properly. They just want you off the visit quickly. Then they send you a pdf of the results. The airlines don’t give a (bleep) and barely glanced at the results. I seriously could have just generated a word document and shown it to them and they wouldn’t have cared. The entire thing it’s totally pointless now.

It's basically every person for themselves. No guidance, no mandates, no standards, no consistency. Just everyone do whatever!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 4:59 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
trmiv wrote:

It's basically every person for themselves. No guidance, no mandates, no standards, no consistency. Just everyone do whatever!

Taking my first airline flight post-mandate tomorrow. Of course I will be wearing my mask throughout the whole process . . . airport, flight etc. But I'm kind of apprehensive to see just how bad the lack of masking will be. Hopefully I won't have to deal with any idiots who question my decision along the way . . . don't think that would go well.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 4:06 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
trmiv wrote:

Taking my first airline flight post-mandate tomorrow. Of course I will be wearing my mask throughout the whole process . . . airport, flight etc. But I'm kind of apprehensive to see just how bad the lack of masking will be. Hopefully I won't have to deal with any idiots who question my decision along the way . . . don't think that would go well.

I hope everything goes well!
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 5:26 am    Post subject:

Hope it goes better than ours! Ours was such a hassle for unrelated to Covid ways I won’t be flying again soon. Flying sucks. Flying internationally sucks more. Flying internationally with connections is even worse. Doing that all with a 9 year old and a 1 year old with a car seat and everything else a baby needs is an experience I don’t want to relive any time soon. Top that off with multiple airline screw ups that made us literally have to run through the airport to get to all four of our flights. Just a damn nightmare.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 7:36 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
Hope it goes better than ours! Ours was such a hassle for unrelated to Covid ways I won’t be flying again soon. Flying sucks. Flying internationally sucks more. Flying internationally with connections is even worse. Doing that all with a 9 year old and a 1 year old with a car seat and everything else a baby needs is an experience I don’t want to relive any time soon. Top that off with multiple airline screw ups that made us literally have to run through the airport to get to all four of our flights. Just a damn nightmare.

Thank you (and CL). So far so good . . .

That does sound hellish. I'm in SeaTac waiting for my flight. I would say I'd be surprised if the percentage of mask wearers is as high as 10 percent.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 1:28 pm    Post subject:

I was sitting on the aisle in row 2 for my flight, so I did an informal head count of mask wearers boarding the plane. Definitely hovering right at the 10% mark at most. None of the flight crew wore masks.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 2:47 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
I was sitting on the aisle in row 2 for my flight, so I did an informal head count of mask wearers boarding the plane. Definitely hovering right at the 10% mark at most. None of the flight crew wore masks.

Disappointing but not surprising. #smh
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 4:11 pm    Post subject:

WION

(North Korea: Over 2 million 'Fever' cases reported | COVID supplies flown in from China | WION)

Quote:
North Korea is battling its first COVID-19 outbreak. Over 2 million 'fever' cases have been reported so far while 65 have been reported dead.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Traveled last week. I’d say about 5% wore masks on the plane. Our layover was in Vegas and that seemed like germ central, lol.

I’ve had two families in my immediate circle with Covid in the past two weeks. Not sure what the stats are but it’s feeling like it’s rising again.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 10:05 am    Post subject:

Second booster in the arm.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 1:42 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Disappointing but not surprising. #smh

Interestingly, on my return flight from LA to Seattle today, the mask count is much higher, at least a third.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Were you expecting it somewhere else?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 6:18 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Sadly, no options were given.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Sadly, no options were given.

Glad to hear it. Thought I was missing out on something.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 8:29 am    Post subject:

2nd booster. I'm on mass transit 2x a week and I'm scheduled for a flight in 2 weeks.

I've got a goose egg at the injection site.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 9:10 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
2nd booster. I'm on mass transit 2x a week and I'm scheduled for a flight in 2 weeks.

Hope all goes well!
KobeStark
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Been working the last 2+ years in COVID land (Emergency Room Nurse/COVID unit), hence the minimal time spent in LG. 300+ pages in the COVID thread, what I miss?
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 9:40 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:

Hope all goes well!

Thanks. Fewer symptoms this time. Not a true chill, but I could tell my temp was slightly elevated. Some muscle soreness on day 2. Low energy for about 1.5 days. Not bad at all.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:38 am    Post subject:

WHO: COVID origins unclear but lab leak theory needs study

"...the World Health Organization is recommending in its strongest terms yet that a deeper probe is required into whether a lab accident may be to blame.

That stance marks a sharp reversal of the U.N. health agency’s initial assessment of the pandemic’s origins, and comes after many critics accused WHO of being too quick to dismiss or underplay a lab-leak theory that put Chinese officials on the defensive."
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:35 pm    Post subject:

NewsNation

(How effective will Moderna's newest shot be? | NewsNation Prime)

Quote:
Dr. Anthony Harris joined NewsNation "Prime" to talk about how effective Moderna's newest COVID-19 booster shot will be against the virus. Harris said the new booster will be quite effective in increasing antibodies to fight COVID-19.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:05 pm    Post subject:

I was in a show last month in Central California, about 1% people wore masks.. and I got a MAGA old lady coming to my face and tells me “scientistsfrom Harvard, Yale, Stanford all said masks don’t work”
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:25 am    Post subject:

So my wife is just getting over Covid. Pretty sure our 1 year old had it too before her as she had a few days of fever and light cough, but is back to normal now. Oddly even though we’re in the same house and sleeping in the same room, I didn’t get it. Our 9 year didn’t either, but she just got her booster like 3 weeks ago so that’s not super surprising. I haven’t been boosted since November when I was last eligible. My wife was boosted that same month. I have a work friend that had the same experience where her youngest and partner got it, but she and her older daughter didn’t. Weird how that works.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
So my wife is just getting over Covid. Pretty sure our 1 year old had it too before her as she had a few days of fever and light cough, but is back to normal now. Oddly even though we’re in the same house and sleeping in the same room, I didn’t get it. Our 9 year didn’t either, but she just got her booster like 3 weeks ago so that’s not super surprising. I haven’t been boosted since November when I was last eligible. My wife was boosted that same month. I have a work friend that had the same experience where her youngest and partner got it, but she and her older daughter didn’t. Weird how that works.

My sister's husband got it, but not my sister or her two kids (same household) . . .

My brother's wife and daughter got it, but not my brother, same household . . .

Good luck to you and your loved ones.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 314 of 318
Jump to: