Head Coach Mr. DARVIN HAM Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 11:28 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
Megaton wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm with SAS. Why isn't Mark Jackson's name in the..

No no no no…no. I’m gonna stop you right there. Because, just no.

You’re seriously asking why no team is interested in a religious zealot, absolute nutcase, and just a downright bad person, and a horrible mind in the coaching field, isn’t getting a coaching gig?

Just stop. Be better.

Why does he still have the broadcaster gig? I personally hate both him and Van Gundy ... I can't believe we can't find better talent.

Truly a wonder indeed. I wish I had answers for that one. I would rather have Reggie Miller there and THAT is saying something.

I read a lot of posts about broadcasters people don't like. Matter of opinion. I like Mark and Stan. After Vinny and Chick, all others are amatures.

I can’t believe there is someone like you that exists to die on a hill defending a legit horrible human being like Mark Jackson. For a profession that he’s not even good at.

Come on, dude. Please tell me this was all just trolling bullcrap. Please!

That's a hill you bulldozed and formed. I didn't know about some of Mark's shortcomings. I judged him by his coaching acumens, not his personality faults. I'm being educated on Jackson's personality cracks.

I can't believe there is someone like you so shortsighted as to not understand everyone doesn't think alike and be insulting to those who don't think like them. Your lol shows just how shallow you are. As Gumby would say: Bye

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue May 24, 2022 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 11:35 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
RestEasyBlackMamba wrote:
There's a reason Mark Jackson has not been offered a job in like 10 years.

As in the above post, I'm asking what are they? If you have creditable evidence to support the reason please post them. If not.....

It's my experience some are posting what they HEARD not what they KNOW

It's what we infer. You're right about that. There was a lot of negativity about his time with the Warriors. We infer that this is why no one has given him another shot as a head coach. We would never actually "know" unless some team executive came out and said "We wouldn't touch Mark Jackson with a ten foot pole after what happened with the Warriors." They never do that.

THIS is the kind of information I was looking for, not hearsay. Russillo explains why he let Mark go. I take those as his reasons and surmise they may be reasons for other organizations not hiring Mark. I've HEARD Mark didn't swear and took offense at those who did.

I hate it when people post accusations without offering proof. I try not to do that.

Oh. So you just never read any of the articles about Mark Jackson over the years. That's okay. We don't have a required reading list on this board.

Honestly AH, I only looked at Mark's coaching. I'm learning things I never gave thought to. You know me, I don't hide or claim, I am what I am and will stand with who I am. Read my location, I don't know all. I'm reevaluating Mark as a person, I know what he is as a coach. I really don't GAF about what posters think, I'm me and will always be that.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 11:36 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
History has shown that teams will look past egregious character histories if the talent/production is good enough. See: Aroldis Chapman

Mark Jackson was also not regarded as a great coach. He might have a few good qualities (good leader of men maybe?) but he gets overly romanticized for "teaching them grit and defense." Meanwhile, they were completely average offensively the three years he was there (never improved), and this was a team that would end up being one of the greatest offenses of all time.

Does he strike anyone as an imaginative mind? Someone who's going to bring some radical new offensive or defensive concepts? Or just say platitudes and give rah-rah speeches? He was an okay coach by 2011 standards. He'd get destroyed in 2022.

I mostly agree with this. I don't think his past behavior is all that terrible. He is hyper-religious and may be a homophobe. Okay. Let's talk about Jason Kidd and Chauncey Billups, for starters. No, the real problems with Mark Jackson are that he wasn't that great a coach, he turned off his players, and he doesn't come off as having a creative basketball mind.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 11:38 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Oh. So you just never read any of the articles about Mark Jackson over the years. That's okay. We don't have a required reading list on this board.

Honestly AH, I only looked at Mark's coaching. I'm learning things I never gave thought to. You know me, I don't hide or claim, I am what I am and will stand with who I am. Read my location, I don't know all. I'm reevaluating Mark as a person, I know what he is as a coach. I really don't GAF about what posters think, I'm me and will always be that.

Sure. Take my prior comment at face value. I understand that you didn't read the prior articles about Mark Jackson. You weren't required to.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Lakers are going to snooze and let Ham go to charlotte. It's the obvious choice that pleases everyone involved. Don't overthink this! Just move on to getting him top notch assistants
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 2:12 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
Lakers are going to snooze and let Ham go to charlotte. It's the obvious choice that pleases everyone involved. Don't overthink this! Just move on to getting him top notch assistants

I think the Lakers are hoping this happens so they can sign Stotts to a cheap short term deal and pretend they wanted Ham but darn it he went somewhere else while they were still doing their due diligence!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Since TV personalities like SAS were pushing for Mark Jackson for a head coaching job, we now have an answer why he has been frozen out. Unfortunately, it looks bad for Mark Jackson and probably why they kept it under wraps.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 2:38 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers made overtures to Juwan Howard. He declined. It's troubling when an organization as prominent as the Lakers is finding it difficult to sign an elite head coach. Our FO is in shambles.

Quote:
“Many saw Juwan Howard as an intriguing option for L.A. However, the one-time NBA All-Star is reportedly not interested in the position.” ESPN Sources: Michigan coach Juwan Howard recently declined a Los Angeles Lakers overture on the franchise's head coaching job.

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 2:43 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The Lakers made overtures to Juwan Howard. He declined. It's troubling when an organization as prominent as the Lakers is finding it difficult to sign an elite head coach. Our FO is in shambles.

Quote:
“Many saw Juwan Howard as an intriguing option for L.A. However, the one-time NBA All-Star is reportedly not interested in the position.” ESPN Sources: Michigan coach Juwan Howard recently declined a Los Angeles Lakers overture on the franchise's head coaching job.

That’s only troublesome if he interviews with someone else. He’s coaching his sons at Michigan.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 2:44 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Quote:

its really not when you look a little further and understand that he is trying to coach his 2 boys
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 2:45 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers are intrigued with getting college coaches they should look to see if Coach K is interested in coaching.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 2:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Quote:

google is free my guy
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

That’s only troublesome if he interviews with someone else. He’s coaching his sons at Michigan.

They are just clickbaiting and developing narratives, and it is working because people only read titles and tweets, not the full story
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Get Darvin Ham and then hopefully Ham brings on Atkinson or Stotts to his staff. Or both.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:30 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Get Darvin Ham and then hopefully Ham brings on Atkinson or Stotts to his staff. Or both.

Get Sam Cassell to round out the staff
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

google is free my guy

I know that my guy. That's where I got that quote. I know who he's coaching. If you have something to add please feel free to do so. I did some research and found this from google
Quote:
According to Wojnarowski, Howard elected to remain at the University of Michigan, where he will coach his two sons, Jace and Jett, next season.

youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:59 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Does anyone have the exact quote where Stein says Lakers are waiting on Rivers? I don't see it. I only saw the one where the Lakers may not be set on just the 3 finalists.

Doc would be the biggest mistake ever. Completely overrated coach. His only real success was when he had five hall of famers on the court and then he nearly screwed it up. Even if he could coach, he covered Lakers banners when he was a Clippers coach and that can never be forgiven. No Doc.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 4:21 pm    Post subject:

youcantguardme wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Does anyone have the exact quote where Stein says Lakers are waiting on Rivers? I don't see it. I only saw the one where the Lakers may not be set on just the 3 finalists.

Doc would be the biggest mistake ever. Completely overrated coach. His only real success was when he had five hall of famers on the court and then he nearly screwed it up. Even if he could coach, he covered Lakers banners when he was a Clippers coach and that can never be forgiven. No Doc.

Getting Doc would be the equivalent of trading for Westbrook last year.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 4:56 pm    Post subject:

youcantguardme wrote:
epic_ wrote:

I wonder what would Doc say if he's hired as our next coach.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 5:03 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

google is free my guy

I know that my guy. That's where I got that quote. I know who he's coaching. If you have something to add please feel free to do so. I did some research and found this from google
Quote:
According to Wojnarowski, Howard elected to remain at the University of Michigan, where he will coach his two sons, Jace and Jett, next season.

Why does Howard saying no cause you to say we can’t find an elite coach and the FO is in shambles?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

google is free my guy

Quote:

Why does Howard saying no cause you to say we can’t find an elite coach and the FO is in shambles?

It had nothing to do with my saying the Lakers can't find an elite coach. That was prompted by the list. Juan was an aside. Our FO is in shambles. I'm pretty sure you realize that.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue May 24, 2022 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 5:27 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

I’m guessing that Atkinson would prefer to learn from Kerr instead of Ham. One of those guys will be working for Mitch.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

google is free my guy

Quote:

Because we aren’t talking to any elite coaches and our FO makes mistakes on top of mistakes.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Can we move on from Juwan Howard and the nonsense he didn’t want the Lakers because the job sucks.
He’s got a great gig coaching his sons.
Do people not read???
Duh…it’s not because the Lakers are not intriguing.
So stupid…
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 5:37 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Can we move on from Juwan Howard and the nonsense he didn’t want the Lakers because the job sucks.
He’s got a great gig coaching his sons.
Do people not read???
Duh…it’s not because the Lakers are not intriguing.
So stupid…

Agreed. Too much was read into my mention of him. His sons are his reason. He was in danger of losing the opportunity to coach them.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 30 of 277
Jump to: