OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7883, 7884, 7885 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 2:33 pm    Post subject:

While we're talking about far-fetched trades for stars, I think James Harden is underrated at this point. I think his last 2 destinations haven't been good fits for him. He's had to play next to established offensive options and "eat" less. That's a big adjustment from what he was doing in Houston.

If the Lakers need/want to move on from LeBron and still want to compete, I'd actually take a shot at James Harden. He's in that scorer/play-maker mold that fits so well next to AD. He took Russell Westbrook to the 2nd round, which may be more impressive than winning a championship.

Harden has leverage if he wants to leave. His player option allows him to be traded anywhere. He can leverage the Philly to trade him or watch him walk. It's the situation CP3 used to get traded to Houston.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
While we're talking about far-fetched trades for stars, I think James Harden is underrated at this point. I think his last 2 destinations haven't been good fits for him. He's had to play next to established offensive options and "eat" less. That's a big adjustment from what he was doing in Houston.

If the Lakers need/want to move on from LeBron and still want to compete, I'd actually take a shot at James Harden. He's in that scorer/play-maker mold that fits so well next to AD. He took Russell Westbrook to the 2nd round, which may be more impressive than winning a championship.

Harden has leverage if he wants to leave. His player option allows him to be traded anywhere. He can leverage the Philly to trade him or watch him walk. It's the situation CP3 used to get traded to Houston.

Someone proposed a LeBron and Westbrook trade to Philly for Harden and Harris, would you guys be okay with that?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Wouldn’t surprise me to see AD and THT 2 Chicago natives get traded to the Bulls in a Vucevic/LaVine package

That is more likely than Westbrook from the Bull’s perspective. I’m just not sure that I’m sold on Lavine.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Japago wrote:

Someone proposed a LeBron and Westbrook trade to Philly for Harden and Harris, would you guys be okay with that?

Definitely. I would try to re-direct Tobias to a 3rd team for multiple role players. But if that's not out there, I'd take him. It's not that he wouldn't make for a good 3rd option, but I think the Lakers need solid/good role players more than a 3rd option at this point.

Westbrook probably needs to be re-directed to another team in that instance. I don't know if Daryl Morey wants the Westbrook experience again after his season in Houston.

But in the situation James Harden is in, he can exert really good leverage. James Harden walking for nothing takes them out of contention, while getting LeBron back keeps them there.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
DD20045 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Wouldn’t surprise me to see AD and THT 2 Chicago natives get traded to the Bulls in a Vucevic/LaVine package

How could any trade surprise you? You propose 50 trades a day in this forum, so you've gone through almost every permutation of every possible trade.

O Rly? Since April I have probably proposed about 4-5 trades in this thread you little meanie

Thats per day, right?

Check my post history I don’t post a lot of trade ideas probably only a few per every month

Post as many as you want bro, just be happy 😃
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

League executives reportedly believe the Kings will trade the No. 4 pick for a win-now veteran. sactownroyalty.com/2022/5/22/2313…

Russ on the way kings 😂
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

League executives reportedly believe the Kings will trade the No. 4 pick for a win-now veteran. sactownroyalty.com/2022/5/22/2313…

Russ on the way kings 😂

Lol what are they gonna do with De'Aaron Fox?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

How could any trade surprise you? You propose 50 trades a day in this forum, so you've gone through almost every permutation of every possible trade.

O Rly? Since April I have probably proposed about 4-5 trades in this thread you little meanie

It's cute that you actually believe it.

But I appreciate that reality is not the anchor you tether yourself to.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

Russ on the way kings 😂

Wouldn't be a bad idea.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DD20045 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Thats per day, right?

Check my post history I don’t post a lot of trade ideas probably only a few per every month

Post as many as you want bro, just be happy 😃

Thanks bro, I love LG and my LG fam
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:

The problem, let alone his laziness/decline, is part of the reason harden wanted to leave Brooklyn is because he didn’t want to shoulder the load while Durant missed games.

Trading for harden would create the same problem in Brooklyn with AD being unreliable health-wise.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Devin Booker and Karl-Anthony Towns are now officially eligible to sign supermax extensions by earning All-NBA honors. They can sign this offseason for a projected four years, $210.9M.

2024-25: $47.1M
2025-26: $50.8M
2026-27: $54.6M
2027-28: $58.4M

If they do this, Lakers 2024 cap plans go up in smoke.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

With Zach LaVine not making an All-NBA team, he’s eligible for 5 yr/$212M max contract but not the supermax.

What’s the contract any other team can sign him to?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

With Zach LaVine not making an All-NBA team, he’s eligible for 5 yr/$212M max contract but not the supermax.

Only 3 teams have major cap space this summer
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

Zach LaVine (with no All-NBA)

Chicago: 5 years $212.3M

Not with Chicago: 4 years $157.4M

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/1529260826154115073
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

Zach LaVine (with no All-NBA)

Chicago: 5 years $212.3M

Not with Chicago: 4 years $157.4M

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/1529260826154115073

Thank you
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 10:43 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Wouldn't be a bad idea.

...at least for us
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 10:51 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
The Hawks could be a team where Russ could excel. They have one of the best shooters in Trae Young along w/Kevin Huerter.

I know the Hawks are looking to trade either Collins or Capela.

Maybe a Russ for Capela + Gallinari deal might be of interest to ATL.

John Collins, please! If we were able to get him and Capela (both signed for many years) in exchange for Westbrook (ATL cap relief), two future FRPs, and any additional pieces the Hawks want besides Lebron and AD, it would be an amazing summer for us.

Capela - 6'10"
AD - 6'10"
Collins - 6'9"
Lebron - 6'9"
<any guard>

The team would be huge like we were in 2020, with even better defense on paper.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 6:07 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I hate this time of the year.

Imagine 4 more months of IG proposing absurd trades every damn day. Sigh.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 6:10 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I hate this time of the year.

Imagine 4 more months of IG proposing absurd trades every damn day. Sigh.

That someone is Philly IG 😂

Imagine watching harden in playoffs and knowing his history and thinking, hmm this is that guy
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 7:41 am    Post subject:

Harden is Westbrick 2.0. Watch how our FO will end up with Harden.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 8:47 am    Post subject:

Brooklyn not willing to give Irving a long term extension according to a Nets beat writer let the Irving to Lakers talk begin..
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:16 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Brooklyn not willing to give Irving a long term extension according to a Nets beat writer let the Irving to Lakers talk begin..

Not that I particularly want (or expect) it to happen, but a theoretical trade centered on Russ for Kyrie would be hilarious given the reunions.

KD/Russ 2.0 on BKN (insert Simmons for Harden)
LeBron/Kyrie 2.0 on LAL (insert AD for Love)
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:27 am    Post subject:

Westbrook + Nunn + 2027 1st round pick to BRK for Irving and Curry
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:29 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

This is no surprise. He burned bridges with the vaccine thing. Also, he just turned 30. That isn't quite at the level of a red flag, but there is an element of risk with a long-term extension of a guard at that age. If you combine that with his behavior, it's not surprising that the Nets are hesitant about investing in Irving on a long-term basis.

Now he needs to decide whether to opt out and test the market. That would be risky because of his questionable reputation. He could find himself in an elevated version of the Schroder debacle. But Kyrie might just do it anyway.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7883, 7884, 7885 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7884 of 8560
Jump to: