Could the Lakers Realistically Get Zach LaVine? It's a Long Shot, But Possible

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 2:33 pm    Post subject: Could the Lakers Realistically Get Zach LaVine? It's a Long Shot, But Possible

Hey All,

Latest @BleacherReport Could the Lakers Realistically Get Zach LaVine? It's a Long Shot, But It's Possible https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10035583 - I'm inundated with the question daily, figured it was worth digging into. I see no evidence LaVine wants to leave CHI to LA, but here's the what if

Cheers,

EP
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 4:13 pm    Post subject:

I think I might prefer Harden over LaVine the age factor makes it hard but Harden is durable while LaVine misses a ton of games every year.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 11:08 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I think I might prefer Harden over LaVine the age factor makes it hard but Harden is durable while LaVine misses a ton of games every year.

First of all this should be in trade & free agent thread but Eric has star status. As far as comments thus far, this is a crack pipe dream!
I don’t want Russ, but don’t want Harden’s increasely faded game to add to LBJ who is IMO, a second or third option nowadays!

I would take Lavine over Harden any day moving forward, but Bulls aren’t that stupid to do a deal like that. Let’s face it we’re stuck with Russ for another year & by all means Jeanie needs to sell this team & I don’t know what she hasn’t learned from pop or last 10 years & need all this contradiction from the same A-holes who have been in her ear for a long time including LBJ & everyone!!!

JUST STOP IT, Jerry West was the answer back then & still is way beyond any & all mentioned! I don’t know her dislike for Jerry but you need one person to straighten out this mess & joke of a once proud franchise! LBJ & anyone currently connected to Lakers is not the answer!!!
HC: Riley
seble24
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 8:25 am    Post subject:

We need to stop chasing another "star" and build a real roster.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 1:16 pm    Post subject:

seble24 wrote:

arguable that quality depth would be the better move than "star" power
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Also

Latest @SportsBizClass Potential Restricted Free Agents for July 2022 https://www.sportsbusinessclassroom.com/potential-restricted-free-agents-for-july-2022/ - bookmark for updates - the pending restricted free agents, provided they're issued qualifying offers
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 2:31 pm    Post subject:

No thanks
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 6:16 pm    Post subject:

seble24 wrote:

This, and I'm not even sure how LaVine fits in with our current roster.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 5:38 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
seble24 wrote:
This, and I'm not even sure how LaVine fits in with our current roster.
Legitimate question

For next season, would he supercede LBJ or AD as the top offensive options?

As a Max Player, would you want him to morph into a Pass First PG - plus why would he want to do it, especially since having a legitimate PG is a high priority and his salary would be very detrimental in acquiring a strong bench
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 11:27 am    Post subject:

The idea would be - in theory - a better version of Monk - and addition by subtraction re: RW

not that I think it's realistic at this point

also:

Latest @SportsBizClass Players with Pending Options Before July Free Agency https://www.sportsbusinessclassroom.com/players-with-pending-options-before-july-free-agency/ - another one to bookmark for updates as options are taken/declined!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 3:45 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
seble24 wrote:

inarguable. Bron is old and has age-related injuries. Zach seemingly has nagging injuries that certainly won't go away with our uniform. AD is either brittle or really unlucky and either net the same results.
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Sorry I really don’t know the answer to this…..but how much cap would Lakers need to sign LaVine?

I believe Westbrook is on the books for $47M sooooo could they make a deal with Westbrook kinda like Paul and the Suns? Say he declines the $47 then gets a 3 year $60M, so $20M a year?

Would this open up $27M to sign LaVine?

YES we all are focused on how to send Westbrook packing but maybe it’s the extension as the only options to get more talent. Will just have to swallow the next 2 years with Westbrook and then trade his 3rd year expiring $20M contract.

Anyone let me know if this would be possible? Thanks
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
emplay wrote:
seble24 wrote:
inarguable. Bron is old and has age-related injuries. Zach seemingly has nagging injuries that certainly won't go away with our uniform. AD is either brittle or really unlucky and either net the same results.
Bron is still among the top five players in the NBA

Of the players that played the most games (http://www.espn.com/nba/seasonleaders/_/league/nba/sort/gamesPlayed), within the top 20 - Only Mikhail Bridges is the only playes that played major minutes (78-82 minutes at 30+mpg) while being a key member of their team

Of players that played 76-78 games, those that played 30+ MPG include Harrison Barnes, KCP, Halliburton and DeRozan are players with any significance.

Of players that played 75-76 games, only Jayson Tatum are of any significance to their teams.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:01 am    Post subject:

Balto wrote:
Sorry I really don’t know the answer to this…..but how much cap would Lakers need to sign LaVine?

I believe Westbrook is on the books for $47M sooooo could they make a deal with Westbrook kinda like Paul and the Suns? Say he declines the $47 then gets a 3 year $60M, so $20M a year?

YES we all are focused on how to send Westbrook packing but maybe it’s the extension as the only options to get more talent. Will just have to swallow the next 2 years with Westbrook and then trade his 3rd year expiring $20M contract.

So what you're asking is for Russell Westbrook to opt out of $47 mil on the word of Rob Pelinka - who made his career by stabbing a blind man in the back as an agent, getting the Cavs to opt out Carlos Boozer on the agreement that he would re-sign with the team? Boozer left for more money to Utah

Russ opts out on a non-binding, functionally illegal deal on a future contract and Rob "changes his mind" and Russ never recovers that money.

So on that alone, it's not practical
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 12:00 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
Balto wrote:

So what you're asking is for Russell Westbrook to opt out of $47 mil on the word of Rob Pelinka - who made his career by stabbing a blind man in the back as an agent, getting the Cavs to opt out Carlos Boozer on the agreement that he would re-sign with the team? Boozer left for more money to Utah

Russ opts out on a non-binding, functionally illegal deal on a future contract and Rob "changes his mind" and Russ never recovers that money.

So on that alone, it's not practical
Rob, like Klutch to Scott Boras and every good agent, always try to get the most $$$$$ but they never make the final decisions
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 2:20 pm    Post subject:

The fact we can't even do a straight swap with russ+picks for lavine already makes it near impossible to achieve.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 11:14 pm    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
The fact we can't even do a straight swap with russ+picks for lavine already makes it near impossible to achieve.
aren’t they both free agents - lol!
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 1:18 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

I wish Russ was an FA this year.

It doesn’t change the fact doing a sign and trade with Chicago for Lavine/Russ alone is next to impossible due to matching salaries.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 8:35 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

It doesn’t change the fact doing a sign and trade with Chicago for Lavine/Russ alone is next to impossible due to matching salaries.
Can't trade Westbrook until he signs his $47M contract - lol
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 9:22 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

?? what do you mean? Westbrook is under contract and trade-able right now.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 10:50 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

Can't trade him either way unless the lakers want to get the short end of the stick.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Visited @SethPartnow to talk hoops - how the playoffs may impact team construction this offseason. Some Suns, Lakers and of course, @SportsBizClass https://www.callin.com/episode/callin-shots-ep-66-playoffs-lakers-and-the-DdQjLJBOgO
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:38 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

Can't trade him either way unless the lakers want to get the short end of the stick.

I'd rather the team sucked for a season with a chance to rebuild than trade away our future for a chance to squeeze into the playoffs.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:49 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

I'd rather the team sucked for a season with a chance to rebuild than trade away our future for a chance to squeeze into the playoffs.

It's quite likely that you'll get your wish given Jeanie's distaste for the (repeater) tax.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: