Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1198, 1199, 1200 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:39 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
I mean when is training camp?
Shooting now would be 4 months of shooting.
That's not enough?

Their was a video of him eating seafood with his friend a couple of days ago let’s hope he starts taking the training method serious.

Oh crap.
Not seafood!
Noooooooo!
We're screwed.
Why didn't you mention that sooner?
I'm off the keep AD boat.

I know your joking but on a serious note yes.. AD has always been known to be a chill dude, he has commercials of him eating chips, he had the wedding last year prior to the season tipping off and god knows how much mental that took off of him mentally and physically, I know Laker fans have the right to be frustrated with him and despite his short comings he’s still gonna get us a very nice haul if he gets traded.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
That's not enough?

Their was a video of him eating seafood with his friend a couple of days ago let’s hope he starts taking the training method serious.

Oh crap.
Not seafood!
Noooooooo!
We're screwed.

I know your joking but on a serious note yes.. AD has always been known to be a chill dude, he has commercials of him eating chips, he had the wedding last year prior to the season tipping off and god knows how much mental that took off of him mentally and physically, I know Laker fans have the right to be frustrated with him and despite his short comings he’s still gonna get us a very nice haul if he gets traded.

The only issue Lakers fans should have with AD is his injuries.
And occasionally not being aggressive in games.
But the guy puts up numbers especially in the playoffs.

What's ridiculous is crying about not shooting since April and eating seafood.

Wanting to trade for him due to not trusting his health is valid. But adding this other bogus "issues" as valid reasons to trade him is borderline... well you know.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:01 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
That's not enough?

Oh crap.
Not seafood!
Noooooooo!
We're screwed.

The only issue Lakers fans should have with AD is his injuries.
And occasionally not being aggressive in games.
But the guy puts up numbers especially in the playoffs.

What's ridiculous is crying about not shooting since April and eating seafood.

Wanting to trade for him due to not trusting his health is valid. But adding this other bogus "issues" as valid reasons to trade him is borderline... well you know.

The issue in your post is that you said you want him to be aggressive but if he ends up being aggressive he tends to tweak something or fall awkwardly to a point were he ends up with a freakish injury that sidelines him for multiple weeks, you will rarely find a passionate Anthony Davis fan like me but he needs to change his approach not only to his injuries and aggressiveness but also how he handles himself.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Passive AD = trash
Aggressive AD = more likely get injured

Basically it’s pick your poison with this guy, Lakers have to sell high on AD, no time to pissing away his trade values, this team is NOT winning a chip with a 38 year old LeBron and AD.

Last edited by SGV-Laker fan on Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:20 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Passive AD = trash
Aggressive AD = more likely get injured

Basically it’s pick your poison with this guy, Lakers have to sell high on AD, no time to pissing away his trade values, this team is NOT winning a chip with a 48 year old LeBron and AD.

I like epic’s passion in trying to find the argument in trying to make the AD situation look good, but I know the frustrations right now, I don’t mind rolling with AD next year but I wouldn’t get all mad if he gets moved in the right deal.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:04 pm    Post subject:

That’s the problem, who believes that any AD deal will end up being the “right” deal?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:32 pm    Post subject:

I don’t care what AD or any other player does during the offseason. Unless mandated in the contract, it’s on that player to take ownership of career.

But if they don’t produce, yes the criticism will be loud and all this stuff about not touching a basketball since April 5th will come back into focus.

It’s on AD to shut people up when the clock on the season starts.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:50 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
That’s the problem, who believes that any AD deal will end up being the “right” deal?

As long as we get draft compensation and quality assets, you can live with the results, I don’t expect us to get Luka or Giannis but I could see someone really good.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I’m guessing since yesterday the pro-AD trade crowd has increased by a good percentage, last summer he was supposedly training like crazy and had a special trainer to help him avoid injuries yet this past year he really didn’t make any Improvements and still ended up sitting out weeks and weeks because of freakish injuries, I hope this summer is different and next year is more enjoyable but I’m not counting on it, it will be interesting to see what the FO has in store, they can’t have their franchise guy acting like this when we need to win right now.

I doubt what the "pro-AD trade crowd" or any other fan crowd thinks will affect the Lakers plans.

The interesting thing is whether there will be any spin put out regarding this video. It was, after, only a 5 second clip.

Will:

-- AD say nothing.

-- AD say "I never shoot a basketball in the first two months after the season ends."

-- AD say something like, "The video was cut off. I was just saying I hadn't shot a basketball in a competitive situation since April 5th, since that's when the season ends."

-- AD say, "That video was shot in late April."

-- AD say, "You're fired" to whoever shot the video.

Their is no denying in this instance, his work ethic has been questioned in recent years if you don’t believe me google it.

Last two years, AD has been hurt and the Lakers haven't done well. Is the criticism of his work ethic simply because of those two things, or because he doesn't have a good work ethic? I have no idea. It's virtually impossible for fans to know what a player's offseason work ethic is like. We tend to just presume what their work ethic is like based on their season performance.

Ultimately, all that matters is whether AD stays healthy next year and performs well. If he doesn't, criticism of all sort will rain down on him. If he performs well and stays healthy, people will rave about him.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:20 am    Post subject:

It's overblown...I mean given when we last saw him he looked pretty banged up (and still was a presence) he should be resting for a spell.....AD really shouldn't be a laker fan scapegoat....there is no question he is a top tier talent...injuries happen, it sucks...I'm GSW fans were bummed to lose Klay for basically two years and KD....
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:33 am    Post subject:

I think the lingering fear is Anthony may have partially torn his achilles last year and has been prolonging the inevitable, a full tear. It means subsequent injuries may have resulted from overcompensation. I don't know whether partial tears repair with rest.

I felt that way when Dangelo had plasma injection for his knees. Lonzo had the same shot. Both look fine today.
carjoch831
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:31 am    Post subject:

AD's injury last season is not due to poor work ethic or lack of passion. A guy dove on his knee and the ankle due to basketball play (blame Monk for always throwing an alley-oop on every AD pick n roll). How can you blame AD for that?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:54 am    Post subject:

carjoch831 wrote:
AD's injury last season is not due to poor work ethic or lack of passion. A guy dove on his knee and the ankle due to basketball play (blame Monk for always throwing an alley-oop on every AD pick n roll). How can you blame AD for that?

Because they're (bleep) (bleep) who hate AD
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:32 am    Post subject:

carjoch831 wrote:

blame Monk for passing the ball to AD? you have to be joking.

let's face it, AD is not a gamer. he's borderline lazy. he's not Kobe... doesn't have the killer instinct.. lacks the will to win... always gets injured. almost the MO of his career.

But he's gonna go by with his freakish talent, Lakers just gonna have to live with that, and the mediocrity that follows.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:35 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
carjoch831 wrote:

Because they're (bleep) (bleep) who hate AD

Let's try to be factual here...since facts are a good source of information I think we can all agree. In the last 4 years AD has missed the following games during the season
`
2019 26
2020 20
2021 46
2022 42

So now he's going to be 30.....I would think based on the numbers it's a pretty safe bet he'll miss at least 20 games....that's probably on the low end considering he's going to be depended on playing a lot of minutes with this roster. Especially if we keep Russ right? We have a 38 year old Bron and the MLE probably not going to a big or backup center...and the rest of the roster are going to be minimum deals. Now do you see why most fans don't see a great year from AD ahead? A 38 year old Bron and a 34 year old Russ coming back with no other legit big to help AD out. This is more than people hating AD...this is being realistic.
carjoch831
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:49 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

blame Monk for passing the ball to AD? you have to be joking.

let's face it, AD is not a gamer. he's borderline lazy. he's not Kobe... doesn't have the killer instinct.. lacks the will to win... always gets injured. almost the MO of his career.

But he's gonna go by with his freakish talent, Lakers just gonna have to live with that, and the mediocrity that follows.

Rewatch the games prior to the ankle injury every Monk-AD pick n roll its lob/alley-oop...you have to mix it up (bounce pass)

Please read my post.... I'm not blaming Monk for passing the ball to AD its the type of passes he made that put AD at risk of injury.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:25 am    Post subject:

carjoch831 wrote:

so then why does everyone cry about him needing to fix his core? From your take it doesn't matter what he does in the off season because his injuries are just dumb-luck.
carjoch831
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:50 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

so then why does everyone cry about him needing to fix his core? From your take it doesn't matter what he does in the off season because his injuries are just dumb-luck.

of course, it matters but I was referring to his 2 main injuries last season. What can you do in the off-season to avoid injury when a man dives on your knee and a rolled ankle on a basketball play?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:58 am    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GarysheffieldJr/status/1536433698861486081
carjoch831
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Not AD defender but watch JJ Redick's take on First Take. Lets not over react...

I think AD mentioned before that he focuses on weight training and conditioning the first 2 months of his off-season training.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject:

carjoch831 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Not AD defender but watch JJ Redick's take on First Take. Lets not over react...

I think AD mentioned before that he focuses on weight training and conditioning the first 2 months of his off-season training.

He needs to find a team trainer that a yoga trainer that will help him learn how to avoid freakish injuries, by no means am I running out hoping AD gets traded because of not shooting a basketball but I’m concerned that he’s content with getting a max extension and seems to be doing whatever he wants, I hope I’m wrong, I’m not the only 1 who has the same concerns.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:21 pm    Post subject:

carjoch831 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

of course, it matters but I was referring to his 2 main injuries last season. What can you do in the off-season to avoid injury when a man dives on your knee and a rolled ankle on a basketball play?

his injuries had zero to do with what shape he was in. So why change his offseason routine outside of getting shots up?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:41 pm    Post subject:

carjoch831 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

For those who won't bother to click

JJ Redick wrote:
This is not a big deal at all. Every professional athlete has an off-season routine...

I didn't take a shot in any off-season until after July 4th. Didn't matter if we lost in the first round, conference finals, finals whatever. I took time to get my body right. I spent all of May, all of June in the weight room doing mobility, doing Pilates, doing conditioning; I got my body right.

And then once July 4th weekend happened. I was in there 6 days a week shooting, I took Saturdays off. I know a lot of guys across the NBA that follow a similar routine.

Seriously. Not a big deal.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:57 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
carjoch831 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

JJ Redick wrote:
This is not a big deal at all. Every professional athlete has an off-season routine...

I didn't take a shot in any off-season until after July 4th. Didn't matter if we lost in the first round, conference finals, finals whatever. I took time to get my body right. I spent all of May, all of June in the weight room doing mobility, doing Pilates, doing conditioning; I got my body right.

And then once July 4th weekend happened. I was in there 6 days a week shooting, I took Saturdays off. I know a lot of guys across the NBA that follow a similar routine.

No, b-b-b-b-but JUST-MING and IG said AD doesn't care about the game
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:18 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
epic_ wrote:
carjoch831 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

JJ Redick wrote:

No, b-b-b-b-but JUST-MING and IG said AD doesn't care about the game

We will see how he does next year, I’m a big AD fan you guys act like I’m inching to get rid of him, I’m just frustrated that his body seems to always align with a injury that keeps him out for weeks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1198, 1199, 1200 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 1199 of 1425
Jump to: