Mavs get Wood for table scraps!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:06 am    Post subject:

Don’t underestimate the Clippers FO and Jerry West trying to do something dramatic, they have Zubac/Morris/Mann/Kennard to dangle in trade talks and if they want to try something different they can always decide to trade PG13 and bring in another all star caliber player.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:20 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Hey Dream, I was reading a Rockets thread and the fans didn't seem like they wanted CWood. Was that the case?

He doesn't defend and was very bad in the locker room, which matters more in a rebuild full of kids. To be fair, he signed here to join what he thought would be a contender, and we were a clear tanking team once Harden decided he wanted out. Plus our coach is a pushover, and he took advantage of that. Pouting, quit on the team even. Naw, we don't need that dude setting the example.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Mavs get Wood for table scraps!

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34098510/sources-dallas-mavericks-acquire-christian-wood-houston-rockets-26th-pick-nba-draft-4-players

You mean to tell me Rob couldn’t pull off a deal for him/other or are they still deciding which of the 5 masterminds holds the bathroom key!

Absolutely ridiculous!!!

🤔🤨🤔🤨🤯😡🤯😡

We don't have the assets to match the Mavericks offer. They gave Houston a first-round pick this year and expiring contracts. All we could offer is something like THT and Nunn, and they probably don't want either of those guys.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:58 am    Post subject:

I'm not a big fan of Christian Wood for this team. We will see how he does with Luka because he is an ISO type player and holds the ball too long before making a move. Maybe he could learn to get the ball out of his hands quicker, but Luka and Braun both hold the ball too long, so I don't know if it will be taught to Woods. His defense will really benefit them, he could rebound, and stretch the floor. Maybe a solid pickup for the Mavs, definitely an upgrade of porky.

I think you want to improve the team and anybody that is decent will do, but when it comes to trades and free agency, we have to think about fit. I don't see him fitting this team, especially at the PF position and is not that effective at the center position.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:07 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Hey Dream, I was reading a Rockets thread and the fans didn't seem like they wanted CWood. Was that the case?

He doesn't defend and was very bad in the locker room, which matters more in a rebuild full of kids. To be fair, he signed here to join what he thought would be a contender, and we were a clear tanking team once Harden decided he wanted out. Plus our coach is a pushover, and he took advantage of that. Pouting, quit on the team even. Naw, we don't need that dude setting the example.

Thanks man.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:23 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Don’t underestimate the Clippers FO and Jerry West trying to do something dramatic, they have Zubac/Morris/Mann/Kennard to dangle in trade talks and if they want to try something different they can always decide to trade PG13 and bring in another all star caliber player.

Yes, this will haunt me for the rest of my life!

Mr. Clutch was my idol & beyond awesome as our GM, I still don’t understand why Jeanie had an issue with him & wasn’t brought back after Mitch was let go!

He turned around Memphis, GS & Clips. What, how & why wouldn’t you accept & realize he’s still the best & bled Lakers all his life & got disrespected since.

I guarantee you if they had a “Jerry West” night everyone in the building would stand & applaud as much as they did for Magic or Kobe!
HC: Riley
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:41 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm not crying over missing out on Woods.

But that Russ trade effectively ended the LBJ/AD contention window IMO, and really hamstrung us trade-wise as we have 47m in cap space tied up to a player probably at best, is worth MMLE to MLE. We don't have any assets really to trade.

Imagine if you still had KCP, Kuz, AC, player drafted with 22nd pick to use as trade pieces now (or better yet, to keep).

When we’re carrying that gold ball next summer I want to you to admit you suck as a fan lol
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But that Russ trade effectively ended the LBJ/AD contention window IMO, and really hamstrung us trade-wise as we have 47m in cap space tied up to a player probably at best, is worth MMLE to MLE. We don't have any assets really to trade.

Imagine if you still had KCP, Kuz, AC, player drafted with 22nd pick to use as trade pieces now (or better yet, to keep).

When we’re carrying that gold ball next summer I want to you to admit you suck as a fan lol

Take Russ off this team and our chances are better. With Russ? No way.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Are lottery balls gold now?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:53 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/NylonCalculus/status/1537480130599088130

Imagine liking Christian Wood when the best players on offense shoot better without him on the floor.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Appreciate the input DS. I, or the info I was reading back then might be off, but my recollection of the Westbrook/Wall talks had Houston asking for a frp. But when the Lakers stood firm Houston was willing to swap Wall & Wood if we had agreed to offer them the right to switch frp if ours was more favorable.

Lakers declined. Any recollection of that?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Are lottery balls gold now?

lol that’s cold bruh
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:43 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Thanks Rob.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:50 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yes, that was the downfall of basically tearing down a Championship team.

One of my hang ups is Dr. Buss had no problem paying the tax to have the best possible team in 80’s. Well, sure it’s decades later but the Lakers bring a lotta $$$$$$$$ to Jeanie & she continues to be a cheap skate? 🤨

I don’t expect Rob to fix the mess he & LBJ created & all the youth & picks we lost, so is he the guy or will she dump him once LBJ retires & we suffer through 20 win seasons until we recover? Part of me wants the Buss family to sell team but I think their ego’s won’t allow that.

What do you expect from Rob. Does he still hold two positions.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Mitch... errr.. Pelinka sleeping at the wheel while other WC contenders are trying to Improve even though they had a better season then us, if the Blazers get Jerami Grant and Jazz get Capela/Collins/Huerter we are gonna be screwed and the talk of blowing it up will get even louder.

Pelinka is not sleeping at the wheel. He’s sleeping in the tanning bed. Meanwhile some people on LG blame Magic, Rich Paul, and Lebron for all the bad trades, that the SMART GM negotiated.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:05 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
The so-called "lakers tax is" not true if you think about how we got Gasol. It is more about the incompetence of our front office.

Lakers tax is self-imposed. To the tune of about $47M.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Lakers are now so bad now I don't think worrying about making them better even enters anyone's mind now.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:58 am    Post subject:

Mitch & Jerry used to make deals like this all the time and both were ran out of LA.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: