DENNIS SCHRÖDER - Toronto (2yr, $26M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 250, 251, 252 ... 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:48 am    Post subject:

Lets bring him, we don't have enough drama already
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Bring back DS and that’s the last straw to stop watching this season. It’s hard enough to watch without that cocky alien looking fool.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Lakers looking more like a reality tv show with all this drama

Hollywood gotta hollywood
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:06 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
MJST wrote:
Quote:
Lakers attempt to trade for Dennis Schroeder at Trade Deadline; Celtics pick Rockets instead

However, trade talk rumors that could have led to a reunion with Schroder’s former team in the Lakers emerged in the hours before the trade deadline. According to Steve Bulpett of Heavy, the Lakers made a reasonable offer that included a couple of second-round picks and some veteran’s minimum players to the Celtics. Ultimately, Boston rebuffed them before deciding on the Houston deal on Thursday, which shipped Bruno Fernando and Enes Freedom to the Rockets in exchange for the veteran center. The deal became official on Sunday per league sources after a slight delay.

https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-rumors-lebron-james-la-rejected-trade-offer-to-celtics-for-dennis-schroder-revealed/
https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2022/02/celtics-declined-lakers-trade-offer-for-dennis-schroder-that-included-second-round-picks-players-report.html
https://heavy.com/sports/los-angeles-lakers/trade-offer-dennis-schroder-celtics/

They'll also be targeting him in the buyout market.

Dennis is probably feeling like Thanos right now after the Lakers dealt with Russ for half a season.

Traded a wing defender and a first for him. Then traded away a first for his replacement. Now trying to trade 2 second rounders to get him back. What a joke front office

Traded a first and Kuzma + KCP + Harrell + effectively Caruso for his replacement. So three elite defenders + Kuzma + Harrell + two first for Schroder and his replacement,

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:45 am    Post subject:

Seems like Boston got the order wrong.

Bol Bol & PJ were supposed to be attached to Schro heading to Houston while EnKanto & Bruno were supposed to head to Orlando.

I guess that version got nixed cause Disney’s team can’t be associating itself to Enes in any way due to their allegiance to China and well Bruno….when it comes to trade talks, they can’t really be talking about him.

I’m bored…
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Do we bring him back?
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject:

might have to change the title after tonight, lol
lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Yo Schro, sick ink bruh! haha, j/k he's accomplished more on the bball court than I ever have.
In my defense, I never got an actual life size tattoo of dog (bleep) on my thigh!

DS1 : Lakeshowtacular 1
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:

Who cares? Even if Boston wins it all, I don't think DS can claim he played a significant role in that.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:25 pm    Post subject:

I bet the Celtics are kicking themselves right now for trading Dennis Schroder for nothing.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:26 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
I bet the Lakers are kicking themselves right now for letting Dennis Schroder walk for nothing and then trading their top rated defense away to replace him.

Fixed.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:44 pm    Post subject:

That's an interesting and humorous headline to use in the subject thread. How many teams actually made him an offer? It felt like no one. His value had to be the new lowest point in the US, surpassing Badwater. Was kinda shocking to hear that he landed somewhere.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:05 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:

Still checks out.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:52 am    Post subject:

Did he play in the playoff?

Man, had this dude signed the $84m/3yrs, we wouldn’t have the WB headache, prob still have KCP/Kuz/Caruso
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:23 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

What? He was traded to the Rockets.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:46 am    Post subject:

What I’d give to have Dennis/KCP/Kuz/22nd pick/Caruso/Trezz (to trade) over Russ. He wasn’t worth the reported 84m deal but keeping all these guys would be worth that to me. What a disaster the Russ trade was and it continues to haunt the team going forward.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
What I’d give to have Dennis/KCP/Kuz/22nd pick/Caruso/Trezz (to trade) over Russ. He wasn’t worth the reported 84m deal but keeping all these guys would be worth that to me. What a disaster the Russ trade was and it continues to haunt the team going forward.

It basically killed our championship chances for the next few years. Simply impossible to get out of this hole.

Dennis/KCP/Kuz/22nd/Caruso/Trez makes us better as a team AND give us trade flexibility.
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:13 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It basically killed our championship chances for the next few years. Simply impossible to get out of this hole.

Dennis/KCP/Kuz/22nd/Caruso/Trez makes us better as a team AND give us trade flexibility.

I would hope that this is a lesson to all of those people who seek out big name players only because of the name factor

I would also hope that this is a lesson to those NBA2k armchairs who think their little NBA2k trades for big name players (regardless of fit on a actual basketball team) will work.

And most importantly, I hope the former dwells on the minds of the ownership of this team
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:17 am    Post subject:

j-dawg wrote:
danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I would hope that this is a lesson to all of those people who seek out big name players only because of the name factor

I would also hope that this is a lesson to those NBA2k armchairs who think their little NBA2k trades for big name players (regardless of fit on a actual basketball team) will work.

And most importantly, I hope the former dwells on the minds of the ownership of this team

Yup. Even after decisively winning the 2020 championship without a 3rd “star” (and thankfully we didn’t get Kawhi) they go out to dismantle the team over 2 seasons chasing a star and end up with Russ. Facepalm all day.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:42 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
governator wrote:

What? He was traded to the Rockets.

Lol, didnt know
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:19 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
I bet the Lakers are kicking themselves right now for letting Dennis Schroder walk for nothing and then trading their top rated defense away to replace him.

Fixed.

Celtics could have used some of that top rated defense in the finals.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:32 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Man, had this dude signed the $84m/3yrs, we wouldn’t have the WB headache, prob still have KCP/Kuz/Caruso

The reported offer was 4 years/$84 million.

That would have been a big overpay. But we would be better off now with DS for $21 million a year along with being able to acquire someone else with the assets we gave up for Westbrook.

Water under the bridge. But there certainly has been a big series of asset mismanagement over the past few years.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:30 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
governator wrote:

The reported offer was 4 years/$84 million.

That would have been a big overpay. But we would be better off now with DS for $21 million a year along with being able to acquire someone else with the assets we gave up for Westbrook.

Water under the bridge. But there certainly has been a big series of asset mismanagement over the past few years.

It was wrong to sign Schroder and it was wrong to trade for Westbrook... just because it would have possibly saved us from an even stupider move doesn't make it good by itself.

It's crazy that people try to justify the Schroder signing by saying it might have kept us from an even stupider move.

How about not doing either move in the first place?

How about keeping what we had and trading for a shooter... which is what Rob was trying to do in the first place until LBJ intervened.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:53 am    Post subject:

Your utter contempt of Dennis is making you miss the big picture. This team would be in a far better place to absorb AD/LBJ injuries (see my signature for the evidence) and have tradeable pieces we could opportunistically use. You know how I feel about Russ but having KCP/Kuz/AC/22nd pick/Trezz/Dennis actually makes the team better than what we had. And also gave us pieces to trade for something better.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:13 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Your utter contempt of Dennis is making you miss the big picture. This team would be in a far better place to absorb AD/LBJ injuries (see my signature for the evidence) and have tradeable pieces we could opportunistically use. You know how I feel about Russ but having KCP/Kuz/AC/22nd pick/Trezz/Dennis actually makes the team better than what we had. And also gave us pieces to trade for something better.

I'm not denying we'd be better off with Dennis and those other pieces but you are acting like that was an either/or situation.

We would have been better off with Hield/AC/22nd pick/KCP

And not dealing with the Trezz and Schroder drama.

I said to you many times I had no problem overpaying Dennis for one year just so we had a point guard... but I didn't want him for four years because I felt we couldn't move him.

I was hopeful when we first acquired him because of his season with OKC and then that quickly soured when he regressed back to the mean... and then his salary demands made me really feel negative towards him.

I was even hopeful when we acquired Russ. And that also quickly soured.

You act like I have a personal vendetta against these guys but I usually try to think positive until proven otherwise.

I didn't want Schroder for four years... I felt we couldn't move him and so far that looks to be the case.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 250, 251, 252 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 251 of 284
Jump to: