Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 194, 195, 196 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:27 am    Post subject:

THT gonna be the next Andre Iguodala without the bball IQ!
Hmm, is that a good player?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:32 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

Hard to say cause Iggy has 18 years of NBA experience. Can’t remember back to 2005 when he was 21 years old on the 76ers, but I’m sure those following years of experience have helped his BBIQ.

This fan base has no patience.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:42 pm    Post subject:

For fun... Iggy came into the league at the same age that THT was last season. He averaged 9 points, 5.7 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 1.7 steals, 0.6 blocks and shot 33.1% from three in 33 minutes of playing time. The following year he would up that to 12.3 points and similar other stats across the board in 37.6 minutes.

THT last season averaged 10 points, 3.2 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 1.0 steals, 0.5 blocks but on a much less efficient mark (26.9% from three) in 25.2 minutes.

If you turn those both into PER 36 minutes stats at the same age:

Iggy: 9.9 points, 6.2 rebounds, 3.3 assists, 1.8 steals, 0.6 blocks, 1.9 turnovers
THT: 14.2 points, 4.6 rebounds, 3.8 assists, 1.4 steals, 0.7 blocks, 2.0 turnovers

Igoudala had his breakout season in year 3, at age 23. When his numbers shot up to 18.2, 5.7, 5.7 and 2 steals.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:16 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
For fun... Iggy came into the league at the same age that THT was last season. He averaged 9 points, 5.7 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 1.7 steals, 0.6 blocks and shot 33.1% from three in 33 minutes of playing time. The following year he would up that to 12.3 points and similar other stats across the board in 37.6 minutes.

THT last season averaged 10 points, 3.2 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 1.0 steals, 0.5 blocks but on a much less efficient mark (26.9% from three) in 25.2 minutes.

Iggy: 9.9 points, 6.2 rebounds, 3.3 assists, 1.8 steals, 0.6 blocks, 1.9 turnovers
THT: 14.2 points, 4.6 rebounds, 3.8 assists, 1.4 steals, 0.7 blocks, 2.0 turnovers

Igoudala had his breakout season in year 3, at age 23. When his numbers shot up to 18.2, 5.7, 5.7 and 2 steals.

6th man role at 15/4/4/50%/34% with good def at $13m would A-Ok for me
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:42 am    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Hard to say cause Iggy has 18 years of NBA experience. Can’t remember back to 2005 when he was 21 years old on the 76ers, but I’m sure those following years of experience have helped his BBIQ.

This fan base has no patience.

Andre Iguodala in 2005 was ultra competitive. He was a dog. I still remember his dunk over Caron and Kobe. He became the 76ers franchise player. They traded Allen Iverson. Nuggets wanted him as their franchise player. He became a sixth man for the Warriors. Won finals MVP.

Vintage Iggy
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:54 am    Post subject:

As a comparison, young Andre Iguodala on the 76ers was like young Jimmy Butler on the Bulls.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:59 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:

Let’s not forget Iggy was as elite as an athlete as you can ask for in the NBA. I always wanted the lakers to get him to be Kobe’s Pippen.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:28 am    Post subject:

It took Wiggins 8 years to reach his potential. He was so hyped in 2014 when he went #1. Or maybe it's just because we were in the lottery, and I paid more attention for the first time. THT heading into year 4. And he's a 2nd round pick. IMO Pelinka messed up by not signing him to a 3 year contract as a rookie. If he was now a RFA, no way he gets $10 million annually, and without the constant trade pressure, fan expectations, etc. would have given him more time to grow. But alas, he signed the dotted line, and now he needs to back it up with his play.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:59 am    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
It took Wiggins 8 years to reach his potential. He was so hyped in 2014 when he went #1. Or maybe it's just because we were in the lottery, and I paid more attention for the first time. THT heading into year 4. And he's a 2nd round pick. IMO Pelinka messed up by not signing him to a 3 year contract as a rookie. If he was now a RFA, no way he gets $10 million annually, and without the constant trade pressure, fan expectations, etc. would have given him more time to grow. But alas, he signed the dotted line, and now he needs to back it up with his play.

Only difference is Wiggins is 6'8" 220 and is a freak athlete lol
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

You forget Iggy is a freak athlete. THT has long arms.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:15 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
epic_ wrote:

You forget Iggy is a freak athlete. THT has long arms.

That can catch a good pass.
https://youtube.com/shorts/mhqy95gG57g?feature=share
Or create his own..which is why he is valuable to us..
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:

It takes both parties to want to sign a 4 year dirt cheap contract.. Like some fans got upset we didn't sign Reaves to a longer contract but why would either do that? I'm sure Rich Paul told THT to make the smart move and only sign for 3 years. Same with Austin, he signed a 2 year minimum deal and if he was a free agent this off season he'd easily surpass that by a good amount on a new contract. I get it as a fan wanting to lock in talent at bargain contracts but both of these situations the players made the pretty obvious best choice for themselves imo. Saying that though, with THT especially he signed the bigger contract so the expectations went drastically higher so he has to prove he's worth it now with the added pressure.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:39 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

It takes both parties to want to sign a 4 year dirt cheap contract.. Like some fans got upset we didn't sign Reaves to a longer contract but why would either do that? I'm sure Rich Paul told THT to make the smart move and only sign for 3 years. Same with Austin, he signed a 2 year minimum deal and if he was a free agent this off season he'd easily surpass that by a good amount on a new contract. I get it as a fan wanting to lock in talent at bargain contracts but both of these situations the players made the pretty obvious best choice for themselves imo. Saying that though, with THT especially he signed the bigger contract so the expectations went drastically higher so he has to prove he's worth it now with the added pressure.

THTs contract is ridiculous. Jordan Poole a 1st rounder from the same draft class is making $3.9 million. Bol Bol picked just before THT is at $2.7 million.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:17 am    Post subject:

Breakout season for THT, if Pelinka was more Pat Riley ish, he’d tell WB and THT, you want the starting job, get it at the camp and btw, I can do more push up than you two chumps
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:12 am    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
hype wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

THTs contract is ridiculous. Jordan Poole a 1st rounder from the same draft class is making $3.9 million. Bol Bol picked just before THT is at $2.7 million.

Not comparable at all imo.. THT bet on himself and signed the shorter 2 year contract so he's already on his second contract.. Both of those guys you listed are still on there rookie deals so obviously they're going to be bargains but I can promise you they wont be on deals like those on there 2nd Contract like THT currently is.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:18 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
hype wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

Not comparable at all imo.. THT bet on himself and signed the shorter 2 year contract so he's already on his second contract.. Both of those guys you listed are still on there rookie deals so obviously they're going to be bargains but I can promise you they wont be on deals like those on there 2nd Contract like THT currently is.

Bol is on 2nd deal.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:18 am    Post subject:

THT hasn't shown or produced any more than any other young Laker player that's been on this roster the past 8 to 10 years.

None of them were allotted the time to grow.

Why should THT be any different?

Oh, that's right, he's Klutch.

So sick and tired of Klutch's influence over this franchise.

Ridiculously overpaid in relation to production.

Would not hesitate to trade him.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:55 am    Post subject:

Noticed this too

https://twitter.com/ralph_masonjr/status/1537875462424125440?s=21&t=d1qOxZbmoo7Pnu_ERFonEw
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:04 pm    Post subject:

THT is one-handed. Until that changes, he's not cut out to be much more than a guy
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
THT is one-handed. Until that changes, he's not cut out to be much more than a guy

What's the main issue with being "one-handed"? Not saying he is, just wondering what's the main issue.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:38 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

What's the main issue with being "one-handed"? Not saying he is, just wondering what's the main issue.

Gives him less options to counter NBA defenses and makes him one-note and predictable. he'll drop 30 against a checked out team, but any team trying can eliminate a guy like THT pretty quickly just by forcing him left and sitting on his right hand.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:40 pm    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
Why should THT be any different?

Oh, that's right, he's Klutch.

Nobody on the roster is untradable. I don't think it has much to do with Klutch. They traded KCP and Trez who were Klutch clients. They didn't resign Drummond.

It all comes down to value. Lonzo, Hart, and Ingram were sent out for AD.

Kuzma, KCP, Trez were sent out for Westbrook. That was a bad move sure, but the Lakers used them to gain an asset they believed would improve the team erroneously.

Randle, Bryant, Bazmore (first time), Zubac, and Russell were cost cutting moves. I don't agree with all of them, but they choose Zubac over Bryant, and with Bazemore they didn't expect him to bail.

Randle was a misused asset that they let go rather than have him eat into the cap space that they created with the Russell trade. They could have signed him and then moved him but that move freed up space to make a run for Paul George or another star to pair with Lebron. Zubac was moved before he was due a payday (he got $29m with the Clippers) so they could try to make a run at Kawhi and AD that summer.

I think there's a very good chance THT is dealt this summer, if they are seriously considering keeping Westbrook. Those two don't fit, and THT and Nunn are your best trade assets outside of Lebron and AD. But I think the reason THT hasn't been dealt to date is because they like his upside more than the offers they had received for him.

The Lowry trade for example they were going to give up Dennis Schroder, KCP, AND THT for a 35 year old Lowry who was starting to show signs of age. They probably liked the trade of Schroder for Lowry, needed KCP to match salaries and give Toronto some additional value, but then adding another young player to that mix in THT was too much. They listened to offers for him at the deadline last year as well but those fell apart.

THT isn't a cancer. His teammates like him. He has upside. They need to value their assets as they don't have a ton of them. So I wouldn't expect them to jettison him without getting what they feel is fair value in return. But if they get fair value on a piece that is a better fit then I'd expect him to be moved.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:09 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Noticed this too

https://twitter.com/ralph_masonjr/status/1537875462424125440?s=21&t=d1qOxZbmoo7Pnu_ERFonEw

Nor has he been asked, so it just may be coincidence.

Would think if Russ is going to stay, Klutch will ask for the Lakers to move THT to get some solid play prior to his player option year.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:04 pm    Post subject:

LFR podcast today spoke about THT and echoed what some of us here have been saying.

He was the one hurt the most by the Russ acquisition
He’s been an on ball player his whole life and that is his skill set. Having him play off ball is just not effective.
His only shot at getting PT is if his defense and shooting get better.

If I had to bet on it, I think he’s moved this off-season if Russ is not.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
LFR podcast today spoke about THT and echoed what some of us here have been saying.

He was the one hurt the most by the Russ acquisition
He’s been an on ball player his whole life and that is his skill set. Having him play off ball is just not effective.
His only shot at getting PT is if his defense and shooting get better.

If I had to bet on it, I think he’s moved this off-season if Russ is not.

Crazy that the Lakers would prioritize someone they’ve been trying to trade all last season over a 21 year old who can improve.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 194, 195, 196 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 195 of 202
Jump to: