Assistant Coaches (Update: Woj - Jordan Ott from BKN joins Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
All the media guys on Twitter are hyping up the Jent hire

Links please

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisKirschner/status/1538281241262206977

https://mobile.twitter.com/Tjonesonthenba/status/1538282288588259329

Thank you IG
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
All the media guys on Twitter are hyping up the Jent hire

Links please

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisKirschner/status/1538281241262206977

https://mobile.twitter.com/Tjonesonthenba/status/1538282288588259329

Thank you IG

Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Jent (Pierce to McMillan) and Ott (Atkinson to Nash) are guys who were kept through head coaching changes. That speaks to bringing value seen by the organization. Both worked with Ham under Budz in Atlanta.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
I don't know anything about Jent, but I'm gonna look him up.

More I read the more I like.
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
easybreeze wrote:
Seems like the FO is in a money saving mode, with these hires.

How so has that been reported?

I'm reporting it.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:10 pm    Post subject:

easybreeze wrote:
Car54 wrote:
easybreeze wrote:

I'm reporting it.

Ok Pincus lol
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
easybreeze wrote:
Car54 wrote:
easybreeze wrote:

I'm reporting it.

Ok Pincus lol

lol...

Has anyone reported the salary of the new coach? I haven't been able to find anything on the net.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:36 pm    Post subject:

FWIW, McMenamin still listed Crawford as returning (no mention of Dallas) in his piece on Jent today and Quinton still lists himself presently as an Assistant Coach for the Lakers on his Linked-In. Seems like the dust hasn’t settled on his move to Texas.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:08 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
I don't know anything about Jent, but I'm gonna look him up.

More I read the more I like.

This is an encouraging comment. I'm really glad Darvin has all the reigns to select his staff.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:23 am    Post subject:

Short clip of Jent coaching mini camp for ATL

https://twitter.com/AUST1NREAVES/status/1538286557357961216?s=20&t=de_dN9lDt6pTVo0JNBP4yw
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:58 am    Post subject:

I dont know about Jent but a lot of people cried about the previous coaching staff and how the FO stifled that. I assume whining about this is no longer a thing.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:22 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
I dont know about Jent but a lot of people cried about the previous coaching staff and how the FO stifled that. I assume whining about this is no longer a thing.

I liked the previous staff (2020 championship staff to be clear)
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:19 pm    Post subject:

It looks like we are hiring a coaching staff suited to a rebuild (or re-tool) more than a title run. That’s probably smart so long as we start to shift our roster building strategy. It’s essentially building on a Davis timeline instead of a LeBron one.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
It looks like we are hiring a coaching staff suited to a rebuild (or re-tool) more than a title run. That’s probably smart so long as we start to shift our roster building strategy. It’s essentially building on a Davis timeline instead of a LeBron one.

To me it seems we’re building a staff that’s win now and also developing talent. I believe Darvin Resume as a player and coach is better than Udokas was before becoming a head coach. I like what I’m hearing about Jent and I love that we kept Phil. I like what Darvin has been saying about how he’s gonna use Russ. I know Russ isn’t gonna turn into Jru but his athleticism coupled with effort is gonna pay dividends. I think the defense will improve a lot but Rob has to do his part of providing the players for Dham.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

To me it seems we’re building a staff that’s win now and also developing talent. I believe Darvin Resume as a player and coach is better than Udokas was before becoming a head coach. I like what I’m hearing about Jent and I love that we kept Phil. I like what Darvin has been saying about how he’s gonna use Russ. I know Russ isn’t gonna turn into Jru but his athleticism coupled with effort is gonna pay dividends. I think the defense will improve a lot but Rob has to do his part of providing the players for Dham.

It's pretty hard to pull off both win now and build for the future. Udoka had a young and talented roster with years playing together. We're going into year three of heavy roster turnover with limited resources. Bron is a part time player at this stage, Russ will be a daily challenge, and Davis has to prove he can stay healthy. Most of the rest of the roster will be developmental players or bargain vets new to the team.

In real terms, you aren't going to compete with teams who have spent years carefully building their structure and are more talented. If it's a title we want, looking at the Davis timeline, which is more like a three year runway than the Lebron timeline, makes the most sense.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

It's pretty hard to pull off both win now and build for the future. Udoka had a young and talented roster with years playing together. We're going into year three of heavy roster turnover with limited resources. Bron is a part time player at this stage, Russ will be a daily challenge, and Davis has to prove he can stay healthy. Most of the rest of the roster will be developmental players or bargain vets new to the team.

In real terms, you aren't going to compete with teams who have spent years carefully building their structure and are more talented. If it's a title we want, looking at the Davis timeline, which is more like a three year runway than the Lebron timeline, makes the most sense.

We just watched the spurs go 20 years as a playoff team what do you mean it can’t be done? You can argue about the talent level but the Lakers have been able to get good pieces late in the draft.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Really seems like we can use another offensive coordinator on the staff, if Stotts doesn’t get the Utah HC job then maybe Ham can work his magic and bring him over, the same alludes to Mike D’Antoni
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Really seems like we can use another offensive coordinator on the staff, if Stotts doesn’t get the Utah HC job then maybe Ham can work his magic and bring him over, the same alludes to Mike D’Antoni

I doubt Stotts wants to be an assistant. I’m not sure we really need the coach to be offensive minded. I could be wrong though.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

We just watched the spurs go 20 years as a playoff team what do you mean it can’t be done? You can argue about the talent level but the Lakers have been able to get good pieces late in the draft.

That’s fair. But the Spurs were an elite organization run by Buford, Pop and Duncan in their respective roles. Current Laker ownership has been in power for ten seasons during which we’ve missed the playoffs seven times. In that time our top basketball executive has been one of Jim Buss, Magic Johnson or Rob Pelinka. Rob is on the clock and the built in successor is Kurt Rambis. We’ve had Mike Brown, Mike D’Antoni, Byron Scott, Luke Walton and Frank Vogel as head coach, the latter who was thrown under the “Buss” so badly, possible successors pulled their names out of the running.

All of that to say we don’t have the leadership or resources to focus on more than one objective at a time. We’re playing from behind.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I doubt Stotts wants to be an assistant. I’m not sure we really need the coach to be offensive minded. I could be wrong though.

Doesn’t seem like Ham wants an oc. Watching the press conference it seemed like this is his team with his philosophies. Maybe they bring in someone with an offensive identity, but i don’t see us getting Stotts, Dantoni, or anyone like that.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Doesn’t seem like Ham wants an oc. Watching the press conference it seemed like this is his team with his philosophies. Maybe they bring in someone with an offensive identity, but i don’t see us getting Stotts, Dantoni, or anyone like that.

Agreed in the presser he talked about everyone being 360. Coaching all aspects of basketball not just one end of the court.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:33 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Spurs never had the roster turnover like we did.
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:13 am    Post subject:

Jordan Ott rumored to be joining. I believe he is the Nets OC
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:14 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/BA_Turner/status/1538310757980393472
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:03 pm    Post subject:

easybreeze wrote:
Car54 wrote:
easybreeze wrote:

I'm reporting it.

That is a opinion and a bad one
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11
Jump to: