X's and O's -- what are the principles of Darvin Ham's 4 out - 1 in offense
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:32 pm    Post subject:

All the Bucks starters shoot 36% or above from 3 except Giannis.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Bucks have two stretch centers who shoot 36% plus from 3 (we have none and tough to get with our limited options). AD is a poor 3 point shooter (but he is starting). So where exactly does Russ fit in again if we can’t find a stretch center? You can’t play him, AD, non 3 shooting center together in a 4 out system with 3 terrible 3 point shooters.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:02 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
I don't think he's gonna play the traditional PG role next year. We'll see.

So what other role is he playing? If he’s playing anything else they’ll just stick a bigger defender on him and he’s basically neutralized. He’s literally the non ideal type of PG in that system. Hopefully we find a more favorable trade soon.

I think there will be times he's the screen and roller.
And hands off when his man doesn't play up on him.
And hearing how the offense works, there will be opportunities to post up.
Ideally, they play enough defense and break to not play against a set defense.
If it doesn't work with Lebron, he'll most likely be staggered out for Bron or come off the bench.

But again, we'll see. We don't even know who's gonna be in the team yet.

Don’t let the Debbie Downers get to you lol

It’s called being realistic. Russ isn’t going to magically become something he isn’t.

What exactly is he asking Russ to do that he can’t do?

Team defense.
Shoot the 3.
Have gravity as an off ball shooter.
Finish at the rim.
Be a threat to roll or pick and pop.

Literally does none of these things and hasn’t. I don’t expect he will.

There you go adding stuff show me the video or quote of him mentioning 3s? Show me gravity as 3 pt shooter. He can do the rest of those things.

You must not actually watch Bucks games. They value shooting and defense around Giannis. And Russ isn’t Giannis. So what is he playing?

Again where did Coach say this? You’re making things up he most certainly can play the role of the one inside.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:06 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Bucks have two stretch centers who shoot 36% plus from 3 (we have none and tough to get with our limited options). AD is a poor 3 point shooter (but he is starting). So where exactly does Russ fit in again if we can’t find a stretch center? You can’t play him, AD, non 3 shooting center together in a 4 out system with 3 terrible 3 point shooters.

I just looked at our roster and noticed Free agency hasn’t happened yet unless you can see the future you can’t argue any of these points until we have a roster. And no I don’t believe your Center have to shoot 36 from 3 for it to work. The bucks aren’t the first team to run this offense.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:15 pm    Post subject:

The bucks run a 5 out with a dunkers spot right?
Close but slightly different than the 4 out 1 motion.
Offense is gonna require read and react. Will see if WB has the those chops.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:19 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
The bucks run a 5 out with a dunkers spot right?
Close but slightly different than the 4 out 1 motion.
Offense is gonna require read and react. Will see if WB has the those chops.

I think they run both but the 1-4 is for Giannis advantage.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I just looked at our roster and noticed Free agency hasn’t happened yet unless you can see the future you can’t argue any of these points until we have a roster. And no I don’t believe your Center have to shoot 36 from 3 for it to work. The bucks aren’t the first team to run this offense.

He literally came from the Bucks and the system they ran absolutely benefits and IMO requires bigs who can shoot the 3.

Thanks to Russ’s 47m contract we will only have the MMLE and min deals to find an otherwise unicorn and highly sought after target: bigs who hit 3s. They are not cheap and plentiful. And with AD shooting poorly and Russ being a terrible shooter, you absolutely need a big who hits 3s.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:42 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He literally came from the Bucks and the system they ran absolutely benefits and IMO requires bigs who can shoot the 3.

Thanks to Russ’s 47m contract we will only have the MMLE and min deals to find an otherwise unicorn and highly sought after target: bigs who hit 3s. They are not cheap and plentiful. And with AD shooting poorly and Russ being a terrible shooter, you absolutely need a big who hits 3s.

I guess based on your prediction we should all go to sleep now and forget about the season because all is lost

Last edited by Car54 on Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I guess based on your predict we should all go to sleep now and forget about the season because all is lost

I admire your optimism but don’t share your blind optimism.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:47 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I guess based on your predict we should all go to sleep now and forget about the season because all is lost

And if you’re correct then you shouldn’t waste anymore time talking about this season because it’s over before it starts.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

And if you’re correct then you shouldn’t waste anymore time talking about this season because it’s over before it starts.

I often wonder if you can contribute less to a discussion, and you never disappoint.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I often wonder if you can contribute less to a discussion, and you never disappoint.

Thank You Omar
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: