Head Coach Mr. DARVIN HAM Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:11 pm    Post subject:

So you suggest posters get on me but yet you didn’t understand what I posted? How should I be clear to you? Ham needs to stop acting like Westbrook can suddenly change as a player, telling Westbrook to defensively lock in is laughable.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
So you suggest posters get on me but yet you didn’t understand what I posted? How should I be clear to you? Ham needs to stop acting like Westbrook can suddenly change as a player, telling Westbrook to defensively lock in is laughable.

Usually punctuation and using the right words in a coherent sentence will do the trick BUT I know your excitement gets the best of you. You love the Lakers and the rumor mil.

I agree that expecting Russ to be anything other than he's been his whole his career is fools good. But I also don't think FO, LeBron, or even Ham are believing Russ is going to magically change. Rather, they're setting minimum expectations. Play defense, see screens, and we'll create a system that will get you some easy looks.

I think you're being overly reactive to what Ham is saying. Rob also has to say these things but don't kid yourself, they're 100% trying to move Russ. But if they can't, which is 50/50 at best, they need Russ to understand expectations.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:47 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Usually punctuation and using the right words in a coherent sentence will do the trick BUT I know your excitement gets the best of you. You love the Lakers and the rumor mil.

I agree that expecting Russ to be anything other than he's been his whole his career is fools good. But I also don't think FO, LeBron, or even Ham are believing Russ is going to magically change. Rather, they're setting minimum expectations. Play defense, see screens, and we'll create a system that will get you some easy looks.

I think you're being overly reactive to what Ham is saying. Rob also has to say these things but don't kid yourself, they're 100% trying to move Russ. But if they can't, which is 50/50 at best, they need Russ to understand expectations.

No worries bro, hopefully good times are coming for the Lakers this off season and next year.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

When did I suggest posters get on you? You thought Deandre was gonna be good here when he was washed in Brooklyn How is that any different from what you're accusing Ham of doing? Receipts are coming
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

When did I suggest posters get on you? You thought Deandre was gonna be good here when he was washed in Brooklyn How is that any different from what you're accusing Ham of doing? Receipts are coming

DJ was a 10/10 guy when you count the 36m per when he was with BRK I never said he was gonna be a all star for us but a productive big.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Not real high on him. Heard the same things about promoted assistant Luke Walton. We’ll see if Lebron and Russ walk all over him.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Wow

Quote:
The Lakers are hiring Atlanta Hawks assistant Chris Jent to become the top assistant coach, sources tell ESPN. New coach Darvin Ham recruited Jent over the past week to lead his staffs Jent has a strong history with LeBron James from early Cleveland years.

Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

DJ was a 10/10 guy when you count the 36m per when he was with BRK I never said he was gonna be a all star for us but a productive big.

Silly wabbit if you had to multiply his mins to get 10 10 then he wasn’t a 10 10 guy I told your silly ass he was trash and you kept talking about he was gonna be better here.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Silly wabbit if you had to multiply his mins to get 10 10 then he wasn’t a 10 10 guy I told your silly ass he was trash and you kept talking about he was gonna be better here.

He was indeed garbage. Sixers found out he was unplayable too.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Their is a big difference between trash and washed up, and yes DJ was in-deed washed up this past year
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Their is a big difference between trash and washed up, and yes DJ was in-deed washed up this past year

Imagine how clueless off a gm you have to be to watch DJ on the nets and say dam that guy can help us win 😂
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Imagine how clueless off a gm you have to be to watch DJ on the nets and say dam that guy can help us win 😂

It just goes to show the laziness of GMs and some scouts.

DJ has been washed for a few seasons now. Same with Ariza.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Just watched this interview with Ham on the Rich Eisen show. Couple tidbits. He says he has control over his staff. He says he can't confirm or deny Rasheed Wallace is an assistant coach. He says he's a candidate. At the end of the video, he says he had dinner with AD and Russ.

Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:52 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Just watched this interview with Ham on the Rich Eisen show. Couple tidbits. He says he has control over his staff. He says he can't confirm or deny Rasheed Wallace is an assistant coach. He says he's a candidate. At the end of the video, he says he had dinner with AD and Russ.

Yea I watched that.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:04 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Thanks 32!

Interesting that Ham listed Quinton Crawford as a coach they "kept on board". Between that and McNenamin listing Crawford as being retained I wonder if the report of his leaving for Dallas is accurate.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
32 wrote:

Thanks 32!

Interesting that Ham listed Quinton Crawford as a coach they "kept on board". Between that and McNenamin listing Crawford as being retained I wonder if the report of his leaving for Dallas is accurate.

That video was uploaded earlier today. Not sure when it was aired. Brad Turner said on Friday that Quinton Crawford is joining Dallas. Brad is reliable so it's probably true.

https://twitter.com/BA_Turner/status/1537934689062686723
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:15 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

It just goes to show the laziness of GMs and some scouts.

DJ has been washed for a few seasons now. Same with Ariza.

💯
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:22 pm    Post subject:

I was shocked that DJ was in the 90+ percentile as a screen roller last year (with Philly. 70%ile with Lakers).
Too bad he sucked on defense.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

He was beyond trash brother. On EVERY team he's been on in the last few seasons, he was deemed unplayable by his team soon after he plays a few games. This is the most bizarre hill to die on.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:31 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He was beyond trash brother. On EVERY team he's been on in the last few seasons, he was deemed unplayable by his team soon after he plays a few games. This is the most bizarre hill to die on.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:47 am    Post subject:

He's not going to last two seasons if Westbrook isn't traded. Money's worth it, but he's been set up to fail.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:49 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
He's not going to last two seasons of Westbrook isn't traded. Money's worth it, but he's been set up to fail.

Particularly if they bring back Monk and double down on the “The defense will be good because Frank” strategy with the slight twist of “the defense will be good because Darvin.”
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:56 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
He's not going to last two seasons of Westbrook isn't traded. Money's worth it, but he's been set up to fail.

Particularly if they bring back Monk and double down on the “The defense will be good because Frank” strategy with the slight twist of “the defense will be good because Darvin.”

The point of a scapegoat is to cover your ass. Pelinka (and Jeanie) can't be stupid enough to actually believe the difference between an 11th seeded roster and a championship was just switching from Frank to Darvin. You use the scapegoat to try and fool stupid fans; you don't actually believe it yourself!
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:01 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

The point of a scapegoat is to cover your ass. Pelinka (and Jeanie) can't be stupid enough to actually believe the difference between an 11th seeded roster and a championship was just switching from Frank to Darvin. You use the scapegoat to try and fool stupid fans; you don't actually believe it yourself!

Considering how much defensive talent they have dumped, the acquisition of Westbrook, the signings last year, and Pelinka’s quotes, it is entirely reasonable to surmise that they think a great defense can be achieved by simply having a coach emphatically ask for it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:36 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
ocho wrote:

Considering how much defensive talent they have dumped, the acquisition of Westbrook, the signings last year, and Pelinka’s quotes, it is entirely reasonable to surmise that they think a great defense can be achieved by simply having a coach emphatically ask for it.

In defense of Darvin, there's not much else he can do but preach it. Rob needs to build it. But he gave away all the building materials and the labor force is lazy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 55 of 277
Jump to: