How do/did you guys feel about LeBron fans cheering for Boston?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
The warriors annoy me and their fans are the worst.

Their owner is annoying too with the lightyears ahead crap.

The lakers live rent free in their minds

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1539084571198767104?s=21&t=azND8HMJK7GsT0xh2n6WWA

The Warriors are just like the Spurs. Capitalized on unforeseen events (spurs hitting Duncan lottery with Robinson missing entire year. Warriors on a salary cap spike, insecure superstar and also post KD, injuries to their stars led to lottery picks).

Let’s see what they do once Curry is done. Spurs have been that treadmill team for years now post-Duncan.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:47 pm    Post subject:

I live in the Bay and literally right after the Warriors won, a bunch of fans first thoughts were fk the Lakers and Lebron lol.

Poverty azz fan base think about our team constantly.

I’ve witnessed 6 championships as a Laker fan in my lifetime and not once did I ever think about the Warriors. I could care less they existed lol.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Objection!
Speculation your honor.
Lack of foundation.

DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:25 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Going against the grain here: I think it’s their right to do so. Celtics have likable players outside of Marcus Smart. Warriors are unlikable in my view.

Being tied for #1 in championships outweighed likability for me personally, but that doesn’t make me more of a Lakers fan than someone who did the opposite.

No one is questioning "rights", this a thread about expressing feelings.

And, I wholeheartedly disagree on that last point. If you supported Boston in any championship round, then you are not a Laker fan in my opinion.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:40 am    Post subject:

The opposite could be said about people who “like” Jason Tatum. I know people who like him only because he trained with Kobe. And that was the reason why they ended up cheering for Boston… all because they liked Tatum. Kobe is my favorite player., but I’m not cheering for no Celtic (bleep) just because they have links to Kobe.

As for the Warriors, somebody wake me up when they are knocking on that doorstep with 17 championships. Until then, they can beat up the Celtics as much as they want for all I care. No tears from me
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:02 am    Post subject:

This is sport, rivalries are of course a part of it. BUCK FOSTON and BUCK THE FOSTON CHEERING FAKERS 'FANS'
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:11 am    Post subject:

DShotMaker1824 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Going against the grain here: I think it’s their right to do so. Celtics have likable players outside of Marcus Smart. Warriors are unlikable in my view.

Being tied for #1 in championships outweighed likability for me personally, but that doesn’t make me more of a Lakers fan than someone who did the opposite.

And, I wholeheartedly disagree on that last point. If you supported Boston in any championship round, then you are not a Laker fan in my opinion.

It's all semantics about whether you use the word rights or feel. But you can use them both: You feel a Lakers fan doesn't have the right to root for the Celtics in the finals; because once a Lakers fan roots for the Celtics and the final he loses the right to be a Lakers fan, in your view.

My self, I feel you don't have the right to determine who is and who is not a Lakers fan.

No matter what word games you play, it all comes down to the same thing: you have your own little clubhouse for Lakers fans, and the only ones who can come inside are those who think just like you do.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:38 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
DShotMaker1824 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

It's all semantics about whether you use the word rights or feel. But you can use them both: You feel a Lakers fan doesn't have the right to root for the Celtics in the finals; because once a Lakers fan roots for the Celtics and the final he loses the right to be a Lakers fan, in your view.

My self, I feel you don't have the right to determine who is and who is not a Lakers fan.

No matter what word games you play, it all comes down to the same thing: you have your own little clubhouse for Lakers fans, and the only ones who can come inside are those who think just like you do.

And you're entitled to that opinion as I am entitled to mine. That's why we're here on this forum.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: How do/did you guys feel about LeBron fans cheering for Boston?

DShotMaker1824 wrote:
An offseason thread and the question is there...

You guys know I am not really a fan of LeBron James in general, mostly due to what I feel is a corruption of the game of basketball owing mostly to his issues with footwork, defensive commitment after leaving Miami, and overall mentality. I am also not fond of the philosophy that is the "player-first" fandom. When I saw this phenomenon (as indicated by the subject), it really reminded me of one of the biggest indirect (i.e. non-basketball) reasons I did not want LeBron in purple and gold.

To be a Laker fan is to hate the Boston Celtics—and any deviation from that premise is an insult, akin to heresy, in my book.

Bronsexuals
King Kleazy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject:

I don't recall the lakers in a heated series with GS, and they've been hot garbage most of my NBA fandom, so I'm not sure why there's so much hate for them specifically considering laker fans get the ultimate hate from EVERY fan base. Even so much that we are literally the ONLY team in the league that even won't get fair trade interactions with other front offices because they hate on the team so bad.

Boston has always been the rivalry regardless of whether or not it has been hot and heavy as of late, it's the unspoken rule as a laker fan. After reading through this thread and the playoff thread it's just obvious that true loyalty to your team has gone to (bleep), and is trending more into player following. As to lebron, nothing more sickens me to hear my buddy reference "us" when talking lakers when this fool was knobbing cleveland and miami most of the last 15yrs.

People can obviously do what they want, but it don't change that rivalries are a big part of sports on all levels, up until nowadays where folks can't commit to (bleep) in this microwave society......one of the many reasons marriage has gone to hell, so I have no hope for baskeball fandom.

None the less this was one of the worst things to experience seeing "laker fans" finding any justification to root for boston and I'm disgusted as I full on wanted to draft JT instead of hot garbage lonzo that fooled magic and so many others here.
King Kleazy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Yo wasssup with the curse sensors, I wanted to stress my points
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Who cares?

Like how sad that this even bothers you, and bother you this much.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:30 pm    Post subject:

DShotMaker1824 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
DShotMaker1824 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

And you're entitled to that opinion as I am entitled to mine. That's why we're here on this forum.

I never said you weren't entitled to have and express an opinion. I said that the opinion you expressed was presumptuous and arrogant.

It is presumptuous and arrogant for you to think you are the authority who can decide who and who is not entitled to be called a Laker fan.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:34 pm    Post subject:

It makes me feel disgusted.
But that's life.
Fortunately it's the minority of Lakers fans (for those that do rep themselves as Lakers fans).
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
^^^^

I respect those of you who feel that way. I just can't get motivated by title counting that includes the Mikan era and the Bill Russell era. The Celtics have won a total of four titles since the merger. I enjoy all of the history and tradition, but the root of the rivalry is that Jerry West and Elgin Baylor could never beat the Russell era Celtics.

But anyway, I've said all of this elsewhere. My point is just that there is a different perspective. Anyone who insists that all Laker fans think a certain way is destined for disappointment.

I agree with you. I saw the kobe-celtics finals when I was growing up, but that was 12-14 years ago. This Celtics team is completely different; they've been irrelevant for most of my adult life. I dont hate them or have 50 years of resentment towards their franchise.

TBH the warriors winning is even more annoying because now you have people saying Steph is better than Kobe.
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Well, you can't do anything about it. Lebron's fans have their reasons and so do Laker's fans.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:30 pm    Post subject:

No self respecting Laker fan would root for Boston. I can LBJ fans rooting for Boston they are not Laker fans so they have no vested interest if Boston passes the Lakers again.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:01 pm    Post subject:

I became a Lakers fan as a kid, about the same time Kareem was traded to the Lakers, so I'm guessing about 1976-1977. I really knew nothing of the Old Celtics and their dominance a generation ago. My time as a Laker fan, especially with the emergence of Magic/Bird was how douche the Celtics were. So I've pretty much hated on the Celtics since 1980.

As for every other team in the league, I really don't care if they win a title in a non-Lakers year. golden State I thought was very respectful of Kobe, even when the Warriors sucked. I also don't generally hate on another team, just because they play well - even the Spurs with Popovich and his anti-Lakerism, I thought his teams played well and I don't begrudge them their success.

You really can't expect players to feel like dyed in the wool hometown fans. They usually get drafted by the team that wasn't their favorite, and generally chase the money for most of their careers.

I'm happy Lebron has brought us one title, maybe we will get another shot at a second ring with the King. But he isn't like Kobe or Magic, West, etc. who played their entire career as Lakers.

I mean Rick Fox was a good Celtic player, who played as a grinder on a couple of our Shaq/Kobe teams. Be glad for any player who helps the purple and gold win a title.
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:06 am    Post subject:

PinoyLBJFan wrote:
Well, you can't do anything about it. Lebron's fans have their reasons and so do Laker's fans.

I think it can be argued that most posters here are player fans. People who complain about LeBron fans (or any other player fans for that matter) are likely fans of another player, with likely with the same type of allegiance to that player as the very LeBron fans that they are talking about. And if that said player wears a Laker uniform, it’s just easier to use the purple and gold cloak what the true intentions of that person are. With that said, I do agree that LeBron fans have no allegiance to the Lakers. (bleep) them and those Jason Tatum fans who openly cheer for Boston here. If we’re gonna call out one, call out the other as well.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:45 am    Post subject:

I live in the northeast and never once hear Yankees fan arguing that it's cool to cheer for the Red Sox lol, Los Angeleans tsk tsk tsk

BUCK FOSTON!!!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:46 am    Post subject:

j-dawg wrote:
PinoyLBJFan wrote:

I think it can be argued that most posters here are player fans. People who complain about LeBron fans (or any other player fans for that matter) are likely fans of another player, with likely with the same type of allegiance to that player as the very LeBron fans that they are talking about. And if that said player wears a Laker uniform, it’s just easier to use the purple and gold cloak what the true intentions of that person are. With that said, I do agree that LeBron fans have no allegiance to the Lakers. (bleep) them and those Jason Tatum fans who openly cheer for Boston here. If we’re gonna call out one, call out the other as well.

It's probably a combination. Lots of people like specific teams as well as specific players.

Ultimately, who cares? It's fine to follow a particular team, if that's your thing. And it's fine to follow a particular player, and only care about a particular team as long as the player is on it, if that's your thing.

The NBA is nothing but entertainment. People who get worked up about this stuff are like people who think anyone who doesn't watch Martin Scorsese films isn't "a true movie fan." It's just another way of saying, "Everyone should be like me, because my way is better than anyone else's."
King Kleazy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:58 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Who cares?

Like how sad that this even bothers you, and bother you this much.

Sad that I’m standing firm on my fandom or that I’ll call out fickle fanboy with no loyalty to the team?
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:18 pm    Post subject:

I feel like the whole trend of player-first fans started with Michael Jordan.

In the late 90s, there were at least as many Jordan/Bulls fans at my school as Lakers fans, even though we had Shaq and Kobe and were contenders.

When Jordan retired from the Bulls, all those "Bulls fans" vanished and I never saw any of them wearing Bulls gear ever again.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:59 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

In the late 90s, there were at least as many Jordan/Bulls fans at my school as Lakers fans, even though we had Shaq and Kobe and were contenders.

When Jordan retired from the Bulls, all those "Bulls fans" vanished and I never saw any of them wearing Bulls gear ever again.

I think Kobe started it. He got mvp chants in Boston. I know people who acknowledged mjs greatness but they never rooted for him unless he was playing the enemy.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I think Kobe started it. He got mvp chants in Boston. I know people who acknowledged mjs greatness but they never rooted for him unless he was playing the enemy.

I once saw Game 5 of the 1991 NBA Finals on ESPN Classic, which was when Jordan's Bulls won their first title here in L.A. Right after the final horn, you can see a bunch of fans rushing the court, and they were all Jordan/Bulls fans holding signs like "Michael [Jordan] for president." In L.A.

For someone like me who has lived pretty much his whole life in the Southland, it's disgusting to see crap like that from others who grew up here but act like they're too cool to root for our teams.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: