Irving to Lakers? (SAS: Kyrie forcing his way to Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Durant returns to OKC with all those picks…..

If I had to guess, I would say it’s Suns, OKC or Knicks who just got multiple first rounders from OKC.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Durant returns to OKC with all those picks…..

If I had to guess, I would say it’s Suns, OKC or Knicks who just got multiple first rounders from OKC.

OKC is the safe assumption because they usually don’t give up picks unless it’s necessary so I have to think they have something big cooking
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:28 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
If we can somehow turn Russ and THT into Kyrie and Seth Curry I’d have to say OMG that’s a big win.

Just gotta figure it out on the defensive end but scoring won’t be a problem that’s for damn sure. No more crappy Russ mid range bank shots or THT going 0-7 from three.

would you still say that if Kyrie plays 30 games next season?
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
If we can somehow turn Russ and THT into Kyrie and Seth Curry I’d have to say OMG that’s a big win.

Just gotta figure it out on the defensive end but scoring won’t be a problem that’s for damn sure. No more crappy Russ mid range bank shots or THT going 0-7 from three.

Absolutely, I would without thinking twice.. Getting Kyrie is for sure a risk as well but that's a no brainer since if things go sideways next Season you just let him go like you'd do with Russ anyways.. THT could potentially end up being a solid role player in another year or two but Seth is a much needed sniper we could use right now as well.

If Kyrie only plays 30 games next Season it's likely 30 better performances then we would have gotten from Russ anyways.

I don't think it's going to happen but i'd be thrilled if it somehow did all things considered.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:44 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Car54 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Absolutely, I would without thinking twice.. Getting Kyrie is for sure a risk as well but that's a no brainer since if things go sideways next Season you just let him go like you'd do with Russ anyways.. THT could potentially end up being a solid role player in another year or two but Seth is a much needed sniper we could use right now as well.

If Kyrie only plays 30 games next Season it's likely 30 better performances then we would have gotten from Russ anyways.

I don't think it's going to happen but i'd be thrilled if it somehow did all things considered.

smh so judging by your comments Russ is the reason we missed the playoffs and nothing else
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:51 pm    Post subject:

The expectation now is Kyrie Irving will opt into the final year of his contract and find a new team via trade, per @ShamsCharania.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
hype wrote:
Car54 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

smh so judging by your comments Russ is the reason we missed the playoffs and nothing else

You're a strange one You need to read a post.. take a couple deep breathes and think for a minute before replying because I absolutely didn't say that?

Like I just said in another thread Russ doesn't possess that kind of power as a player whatsoever.. He's more on par with our undrafted Rookie then he is an impactful star player. It was obviously because Bron and AD missed so many games and we lacked quality depth but Russ sure as hell didn't help anything all Season.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:09 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Car54 wrote:
hype wrote:
Car54 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

You're a strange one You need to read a post.. take a couple deep breathes and think for a minute before replying because I absolutely didn't say that?

Like I just said in another thread Russ doesn't possess that kind of power as a player whatsoever.. He's more on par with our undrafted Rookie then he is an impactful star player. It was obviously because Bron and AD missed so many games and we lacked quality depth but Russ sure as hell didn't help anything all Season.

Why do I need to take a breath? oh because I disagreed with you? You say the issue was AD and Lebron missing games correct? Ok we both agree on that the problem I see is you believe Kyrie being here in that time would have resulted in a different outcome. Is he a better fit on offense? absolutely but he brings more trouble than. he brings positives
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
The expectation now is Kyrie Irving will opt into the final year of his contract and find a new team via trade, per @ShamsCharania.

Last edited by paymonM on Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
hype wrote:
Car54 wrote:
hype wrote:
Car54 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Why do I need to take a breath? oh because I disagreed with you? You say the issue was AD and Lebron missing games correct? Ok we both agree on that the problem I see is you believe Kyrie being here in that time would have resulted in a different outcome. Is he a better fit on offense? absolutely but he brings more trouble than. he brings positives

You clearly twisted my words and tried to make it seem like I was saying Russ was the ENTIRE problem in two threads at once when I never even came close to saying that. That's why I suggested it.

Russ being among the worst players in the entire NBA across the board was a big reason we couldn't survive Bron and AD's missed games though. You're once again putting words in my mouth because I never talked about Kyrie being here last season as that's a pointless argument as the Season is done. I'm talking about the upcoming Season which bottom line, a risky Kyrie is a significant upgrade over Russ. You can shift and talk about who should get more blame last Season but that's all opinions that will likely change from person to person.

You say Kyrie brings more troubles? That's literally all Russ brought the entire last Season whether it was on the court or his absurdly odd post game interviews where he couldn't own up to anything. Kyrie is a clear upgrade and only has 1 year left as well so not really much of a gamble here? Two headcases for sure but one is actually capable of being competent at the game of Basketball still.

I don't see us actually getting him anyways though.
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:16 pm    Post subject:

"Kyrie Irving, it appears, is going to find a new home and Kevin Durant has four years left on his contract...his future is very much right now in the air." NBA Insider @ShamsCharania

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1540173850922680324/vid/1280x720/b1ELoPEqEUwOpTNy.mp4?tag=14
Video link
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:57 am    Post subject:

Have you thought about the possibility to trade AD+ Westbrook for Kyrie+Durant ?

Nets do it because AD is a better asset than KD (because of KD' age and long term contract). If they rebuild , the could get a great return trading AD, and using RW large expiring contract.

Lakers would have a contender NOW , even if Durant will get old before the end of his contract.

Only thing that I don't know is if KD would be onboard, since he always has had some beef with LBJ, but I think this could be his opportunity to contend again and challenge the Warriors.

I think it would be a great story...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:00 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:

Kyrie for Westbrook + 2027 1st Round Pick straight up.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:14 am    Post subject:

Luke wrote:
Have you thought about the possibility to trade AD+ Westbrook for Kyrie+Durant ?

Nets do it because AD is a better asset than KD (because of KD' age and long term contract). If they rebuild , the could get a great return trading AD, and using RW large expiring contract.

Lakers would have a contender NOW , even if Durant will get old before the end of his contract.

Only thing that I don't know is if KD would be onboard, since he always has had some beef with LBJ, but I think this could be his opportunity to contend again and challenge the Warriors.

This trade actually makes a lot of sense for both parties.

AD is the best asset because of his age and Westbrook is the most reliable.

KD is the best asset overall but is four or five years closer to his expiration date and lines up with LBJ's quickly closing window.

Kyrie is more skilled than Westbrook but the biggest wild card.

Might have to throw in a first round pick to get it done but I'd do it... and basketball would be fun to watch next year.

AD might flourish outside of the LBJ microscope... and that would make Brooklyn save face.

Doubt it happens... but a good idea.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:04 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Luke wrote:

This trade actually makes a lot of sense for both parties.

AD is the best asset because of his age and Westbrook is the most reliable.

KD is the best asset overall but is four or five years closer to his expiration date and lines up with LBJ's quickly closing window.

Kyrie is more skilled than Westbrook but the biggest wild card.

Might have to throw in a first round pick to get it done but I'd do it... and basketball would be fun to watch next year.

AD might flourish outside of the LBJ microscope... and that would make Brooklyn save face.

Doubt it happens... but a good idea.

If that trade actually happened, can you imagine all the criticism KD would get?

It would be like the hate he got in 2016 when he joined GSW, but 10x because he would be teaming up with LeBron, the man he beat to win both of his championships.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:38 am    Post subject:

I endorse this trade. Where do I sign?
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:41 am    Post subject:

This is one of those "yes, yes, yes, no, no, no" kind of situations.
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:15 am    Post subject:

[Woj on Get Up!]: the only team with real interest in Kyrie is the Lakers. The Clippers/Mavs/Sixers have zero, Miami very little and the Knicks are prioritizing Jalen Brunson
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:17 am    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:
[Woj on Get Up!]: the only team with real interest in Kyrie is the Lakers. The Clippers/Mavs/Sixers have zero, Miami very little and the Knicks are prioritizing Jalen Brunson

Make this (bleep) happen Rob, Bron-AD-Kyrie, use the FRPs, let’s go
mixtim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:22 am    Post subject:

What about LBJ for KD straight up,so the two old pals can reunite in Brooklyn?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:24 am    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:

Westbrook for Irving

Do it Rob
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:45 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:

That will fit perfectly with Anthony Davis' playing schedule.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:49 am    Post subject:

Kyrie is next level. He's been planning past 2 years to escape the Nets.

Fight the vax, flat earth, skip practice... he's so flakey everyone is scared of him.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:50 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Car54 wrote:

That will fit perfectly with Anthony Davis' playing schedule.

ouch.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:16 am    Post subject:

I put this in the free agent thread.

Quote:
Kyrie Irving to the Lakers chatter is "somewhat substantive," according to @sam_amick.

"You've got people within the league actually thinking ... 'Man, I think he might find a way to get back with LeBron.'"

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticNBA/status/1540355537283403776?t=07z706aQ7N-zsTGVaNLcgA&s=19
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 45 of 55
Jump to: