Irving to Lakers? (SAS: Kyrie forcing his way to Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 52, 53, 54  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 20036

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Durant returns to OKC with all those picks…..


If I had to guess, I would say it’s Suns, OKC or Knicks who just got multiple first rounders from OKC.
_________________
2022-23 Klutch Angeles Lakers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 39908

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Durant returns to OKC with all those picks…..


If I had to guess, I would say it’s Suns, OKC or Knicks who just got multiple first rounders from OKC.


OKC is the safe assumption because they usually don’t give up picks unless it’s necessary so I have to think they have something big cooking
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 13778

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:28 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
If we can somehow turn Russ and THT into Kyrie and Seth Curry I’d have to say OMG that’s a big win.

Just gotta figure it out on the defensive end but scoring won’t be a problem that’s for damn sure. No more crappy Russ mid range bank shots or THT going 0-7 from three.


would you still say that if Kyrie plays 30 games next season?
_________________
Coach Vogel, Kidd, Hollins
Max slot : Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 3755
Location: Lake Nacimiento

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
If we can somehow turn Russ and THT into Kyrie and Seth Curry I’d have to say OMG that’s a big win.

Just gotta figure it out on the defensive end but scoring won’t be a problem that’s for damn sure. No more crappy Russ mid range bank shots or THT going 0-7 from three.


would you still say that if Kyrie plays 30 games next season?


Absolutely, I would without thinking twice.. Getting Kyrie is for sure a risk as well but that's a no brainer since if things go sideways next Season you just let him go like you'd do with Russ anyways.. THT could potentially end up being a solid role player in another year or two but Seth is a much needed sniper we could use right now as well.

If Kyrie only plays 30 games next Season it's likely 30 better performances then we would have gotten from Russ anyways.

I don't think it's going to happen but i'd be thrilled if it somehow did all things considered.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 13778

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:44 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Car54 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
If we can somehow turn Russ and THT into Kyrie and Seth Curry I’d have to say OMG that’s a big win.

Just gotta figure it out on the defensive end but scoring won’t be a problem that’s for damn sure. No more crappy Russ mid range bank shots or THT going 0-7 from three.


would you still say that if Kyrie plays 30 games next season?


Absolutely, I would without thinking twice.. Getting Kyrie is for sure a risk as well but that's a no brainer since if things go sideways next Season you just let him go like you'd do with Russ anyways.. THT could potentially end up being a solid role player in another year or two but Seth is a much needed sniper we could use right now as well.

If Kyrie only plays 30 games next Season it's likely 30 better performances then we would have gotten from Russ anyways.

I don't think it's going to happen but i'd be thrilled if it somehow did all things considered.


smh so judging by your comments Russ is the reason we missed the playoffs and nothing else
_________________
Coach Vogel, Kidd, Hollins
Max slot : Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Mar 2014
Posts: 2601

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:51 pm    Post subject:

The expectation now is Kyrie Irving will opt into the final year of his contract and find a new team via trade, per @ShamsCharania.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 3755
Location: Lake Nacimiento

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
hype wrote:
Car54 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
If we can somehow turn Russ and THT into Kyrie and Seth Curry I’d have to say OMG that’s a big win.

Just gotta figure it out on the defensive end but scoring won’t be a problem that’s for damn sure. No more crappy Russ mid range bank shots or THT going 0-7 from three.


would you still say that if Kyrie plays 30 games next season?


Absolutely, I would without thinking twice.. Getting Kyrie is for sure a risk as well but that's a no brainer since if things go sideways next Season you just let him go like you'd do with Russ anyways.. THT could potentially end up being a solid role player in another year or two but Seth is a much needed sniper we could use right now as well.

If Kyrie only plays 30 games next Season it's likely 30 better performances then we would have gotten from Russ anyways.

I don't think it's going to happen but i'd be thrilled if it somehow did all things considered.


smh so judging by your comments Russ is the reason we missed the playoffs and nothing else


You're a strange one You need to read a post.. take a couple deep breathes and think for a minute before replying because I absolutely didn't say that?

Like I just said in another thread Russ doesn't possess that kind of power as a player whatsoever.. He's more on par with our undrafted Rookie then he is an impactful star player. It was obviously because Bron and AD missed so many games and we lacked quality depth but Russ sure as hell didn't help anything all Season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 13778

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:09 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Car54 wrote:
hype wrote:
Car54 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
If we can somehow turn Russ and THT into Kyrie and Seth Curry I’d have to say OMG that’s a big win.

Just gotta figure it out on the defensive end but scoring won’t be a problem that’s for damn sure. No more crappy Russ mid range bank shots or THT going 0-7 from three.


would you still say that if Kyrie plays 30 games next season?


Absolutely, I would without thinking twice.. Getting Kyrie is for sure a risk as well but that's a no brainer since if things go sideways next Season you just let him go like you'd do with Russ anyways.. THT could potentially end up being a solid role player in another year or two but Seth is a much needed sniper we could use right now as well.

If Kyrie only plays 30 games next Season it's likely 30 better performances then we would have gotten from Russ anyways.

I don't think it's going to happen but i'd be thrilled if it somehow did all things considered.


smh so judging by your comments Russ is the reason we missed the playoffs and nothing else


You're a strange one You need to read a post.. take a couple deep breathes and think for a minute before replying because I absolutely didn't say that?

Like I just said in another thread Russ doesn't possess that kind of power as a player whatsoever.. He's more on par with our undrafted Rookie then he is an impactful star player. It was obviously because Bron and AD missed so many games and we lacked quality depth but Russ sure as hell didn't help anything all Season.


Why do I need to take a breath? oh because I disagreed with you? You say the issue was AD and Lebron missing games correct? Ok we both agree on that the problem I see is you believe Kyrie being here in that time would have resulted in a different outcome. Is he a better fit on offense? absolutely but he brings more trouble than. he brings positives
_________________
Coach Vogel, Kidd, Hollins
Max slot : Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jul 2003
Posts: 4179

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
The expectation now is Kyrie Irving will opt into the final year of his contract and find a new team via trade, per @ShamsCharania.


Last edited by paymonM on Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 3755
Location: Lake Nacimiento

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
hype wrote:
Car54 wrote:
hype wrote:
Car54 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
If we can somehow turn Russ and THT into Kyrie and Seth Curry I’d have to say OMG that’s a big win.

Just gotta figure it out on the defensive end but scoring won’t be a problem that’s for damn sure. No more crappy Russ mid range bank shots or THT going 0-7 from three.


would you still say that if Kyrie plays 30 games next season?


Absolutely, I would without thinking twice.. Getting Kyrie is for sure a risk as well but that's a no brainer since if things go sideways next Season you just let him go like you'd do with Russ anyways.. THT could potentially end up being a solid role player in another year or two but Seth is a much needed sniper we could use right now as well.

If Kyrie only plays 30 games next Season it's likely 30 better performances then we would have gotten from Russ anyways.

I don't think it's going to happen but i'd be thrilled if it somehow did all things considered.


smh so judging by your comments Russ is the reason we missed the playoffs and nothing else


You're a strange one You need to read a post.. take a couple deep breathes and think for a minute before replying because I absolutely didn't say that?

Like I just said in another thread Russ doesn't possess that kind of power as a player whatsoever.. He's more on par with our undrafted Rookie then he is an impactful star player. It was obviously because Bron and AD missed so many games and we lacked quality depth but Russ sure as hell didn't help anything all Season.


Why do I need to take a breath? oh because I disagreed with you? You say the issue was AD and Lebron missing games correct? Ok we both agree on that the problem I see is you believe Kyrie being here in that time would have resulted in a different outcome. Is he a better fit on offense? absolutely but he brings more trouble than. he brings positives


You clearly twisted my words and tried to make it seem like I was saying Russ was the ENTIRE problem in two threads at once when I never even came close to saying that. That's why I suggested it.

Russ being among the worst players in the entire NBA across the board was a big reason we couldn't survive Bron and AD's missed games though. You're once again putting words in my mouth because I never talked about Kyrie being here last season as that's a pointless argument as the Season is done. I'm talking about the upcoming Season which bottom line, a risky Kyrie is a significant upgrade over Russ. You can shift and talk about who should get more blame last Season but that's all opinions that will likely change from person to person.

You say Kyrie brings more troubles? That's literally all Russ brought the entire last Season whether it was on the court or his absurdly odd post game interviews where he couldn't own up to anything. Kyrie is a clear upgrade and only has 1 year left as well so not really much of a gamble here? Two headcases for sure but one is actually capable of being competent at the game of Basketball still.

I don't see us actually getting him anyways though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Jun 2020
Posts: 758

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:16 pm    Post subject:

"Kyrie Irving, it appears, is going to find a new home and Kevin Durant has four years left on his contract...his future is very much right now in the air." NBA Insider @ShamsCharania

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1540173850922680324/vid/1280x720/b1ELoPEqEUwOpTNy.mp4?tag=14
Video link
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Luke
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2003
Posts: 4985
Location: Deep Europe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:57 am    Post subject:

Have you thought about the possibility to trade AD+ Westbrook for Kyrie+Durant ?

Nets do it because AD is a better asset than KD (because of KD' age and long term contract). If they rebuild , the could get a great return trading AD, and using RW large expiring contract.

Lakers would have a contender NOW , even if Durant will get old before the end of his contract.

Only thing that I don't know is if KD would be onboard, since he always has had some beef with LBJ, but I think this could be his opportunity to contend again and challenge the Warriors.

I think it would be a great story...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 22725

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:00 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
The expectation now is Kyrie Irving will opt into the final year of his contract and find a new team via trade, per @ShamsCharania.


Kyrie for Westbrook + 2027 1st Round Pick straight up.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jul 2020
Posts: 2735

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:14 am    Post subject:

Luke wrote:
Have you thought about the possibility to trade AD+ Westbrook for Kyrie+Durant ?

Nets do it because AD is a better asset than KD (because of KD' age and long term contract). If they rebuild , the could get a great return trading AD, and using RW large expiring contract.

Lakers would have a contender NOW , even if Durant will get old before the end of his contract.

Only thing that I don't know is if KD would be onboard, since he always has had some beef with LBJ, but I think this could be his opportunity to contend again and challenge the Warriors.

I think it would be a great story...


This trade actually makes a lot of sense for both parties.

AD is the best asset because of his age and Westbrook is the most reliable.

KD is the best asset overall but is four or five years closer to his expiration date and lines up with LBJ's quickly closing window.

Kyrie is more skilled than Westbrook but the biggest wild card.

Might have to throw in a first round pick to get it done but I'd do it... and basketball would be fun to watch next year.

AD might flourish outside of the LBJ microscope... and that would make Brooklyn save face.

Doubt it happens... but a good idea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 7030
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:04 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Luke wrote:
Have you thought about the possibility to trade AD+ Westbrook for Kyrie+Durant ?

Nets do it because AD is a better asset than KD (because of KD' age and long term contract). If they rebuild , the could get a great return trading AD, and using RW large expiring contract.

Lakers would have a contender NOW , even if Durant will get old before the end of his contract.

Only thing that I don't know is if KD would be onboard, since he always has had some beef with LBJ, but I think this could be his opportunity to contend again and challenge the Warriors.

I think it would be a great story...


This trade actually makes a lot of sense for both parties.

AD is the best asset because of his age and Westbrook is the most reliable.

KD is the best asset overall but is four or five years closer to his expiration date and lines up with LBJ's quickly closing window.

Kyrie is more skilled than Westbrook but the biggest wild card.

Might have to throw in a first round pick to get it done but I'd do it... and basketball would be fun to watch next year.

AD might flourish outside of the LBJ microscope... and that would make Brooklyn save face.

Doubt it happens... but a good idea.

If that trade actually happened, can you imagine all the criticism KD would get?

It would be like the hate he got in 2016 when he joined GSW, but 10x because he would be teaming up with LeBron, the man he beat to win both of his championships.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 35171

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:38 am    Post subject:

I endorse this trade. Where do I sign?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 14330

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:41 am    Post subject:

This is one of those "yes, yes, yes, no, no, no" kind of situations.
_________________
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." — Gandhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2014
Posts: 1673

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:15 am    Post subject:

[Woj on Get Up!]: the only team with real interest in Kyrie is the Lakers. The Clippers/Mavs/Sixers have zero, Miami very little and the Knicks are prioritizing Jalen Brunson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 21073

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:17 am    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:
[Woj on Get Up!]: the only team with real interest in Kyrie is the Lakers. The Clippers/Mavs/Sixers have zero, Miami very little and the Knicks are prioritizing Jalen Brunson


Make this (bleep) happen Rob, Bron-AD-Kyrie, use the FRPs, let’s go
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mixtim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 918

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:22 am    Post subject:

What about LBJ for KD straight up,so the two old pals can reunite in Brooklyn?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 20782
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:24 am    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:
[Woj on Get Up!]: the only team with real interest in Kyrie is the Lakers. The Clippers/Mavs/Sixers have zero, Miami very little and the Knicks are prioritizing Jalen Brunson


Westbrook for Irving

Do it Rob
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 46374

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:45 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:


would you still say that if Kyrie plays 30 games next season?


That will fit perfectly with Anthony Davis' playing schedule.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AD23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2019
Posts: 2936

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:49 am    Post subject:

Kyrie is next level. He's been planning past 2 years to escape the Nets.

Fight the vax, flat earth, skip practice... he's so flakey everyone is scared of him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 11657

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:50 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Car54 wrote:


would you still say that if Kyrie plays 30 games next season?


That will fit perfectly with Anthony Davis' playing schedule.

ouch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 69112

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:16 am    Post subject:

I put this in the free agent thread.

Quote:
Kyrie Irving to the Lakers chatter is "somewhat substantive," according to @sam_amick.

"You've got people within the league actually thinking ... 'Man, I think he might find a way to get back with LeBron.'"


https://twitter.com/TheAthleticNBA/status/1540355537283403776?t=07z706aQ7N-zsTGVaNLcgA&s=19
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 45 of 54
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB