OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8021, 8022, 8023 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Jovan Buha
@jovanbuha
·
4m
Rob Pelinka says he and Davin Ham have had multiple meetings with Russell Westbrook and have been honest about Russ' role on the team and that he needs to be a defense-first player. He says Westbrook has yet to make a final decision on his player option for the 2022-23 season.

Excellent. This makes the expectation clear.

I like this. Commit or GTFO.

We know how this guy has knack of fooling people in summer

Even if he commits I don't expect him to play any defense
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:24 pm    Post subject:

This may be strange for some, but I think I want RW to opt in. I don't think there's an avenue to improve the team enough with the limited cap space we would have if he does opt out. If he opts in, at least it brings the possibility to take back massive salary, which, in theory, could bring you enough help. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't want us to make an awful trade.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:25 pm    Post subject:

The expectations on Westbrook is unrealistic that even players who are signed to big contracts when they are in their prime aren’t pressured to be a defense-first PG, at least don’t make it obvious if you are trying to up his trade value then Pelinka isn’t fooling anyone.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Jovan Buha
@jovanbuha
·
4m
Rob Pelinka says he and Davin Ham have had multiple meetings with Russell Westbrook and have been honest about Russ' role on the team and that he needs to be a defense-first player. He says Westbrook has yet to make a final decision on his player option for the 2022-23 season.

And Ham doesn’t (bleep) around. Russ life will be miserable to the point where he wishes he never opted in.

I have full confidence in Ham to resolve this. He’s got 4 years and isn’t a lame duck coach like Vogel situation.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

LakerSD wrote:
epic_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Pelinka: "We have to get younger. We have to start developing players.”

He said it can be the “wrong thing to do” to only think about who can play in the NBA right now.

"That’s where you can make big mistakes. We wanted to take a kid who can turn into something special."

Omg! The Lakers actually care about asset management and development again!!

Maybe Klutch had to give the keys back to Lakers brass.

Rob is learning?
Better late than never I guess.

Rob just does whatever gets him promoted or keeps his job.

Bread crumbs tell me that he was married to Klutch, but now he has pivoted to what Jeanie/Phil/Magic/Ham want… not saying it’s good or bad, just that it’s not do whatever Klutch says anymore..imo at least

The biggest tell will be the contract details. If Max gets another 2yr rookie min deal via the vet min exception, that’s a poor way of showing how you’re investing into developing young players.

Now if we earmark from our tpMLE a 3yr deal starting at the rookie min of just under 1m (leaving about 5.4m of the exception) or earmark from our ntpMLE a 4yr deal starting at just under 1m (leaving 9.3m of the exception and obviously hard-capping us at about 155m in team salary) then I’ll believe the story he’s telling us.

The contract details matter. We gave a 2yr deal to a 19 y/o THT using a vet min exception when we had plenty of cap space to give him a linger deal. We did the see as me with AC that summer. We repeated that same mistake last offseason with Reaves when Nunn took 5m of our exception leaving us just 35k short of what we needed to lock Reaves up to a 3yr deal.

We gotta be much more smarter about these kids this time around. We have all the leverage…they don’t. Lock em up to longterm rookie scaled deals and develop em before they show that they earned & deserve the bag.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:27 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epic_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Pelinka: "We have to get younger. We have to start developing players.”

He said it can be the “wrong thing to do” to only think about who can play in the NBA right now.

"That’s where you can make big mistakes. We wanted to take a kid who can turn into something special."

Omg! The Lakers actually care about asset management and development again!!

Maybe Klutch had to give the keys back to Lakers brass.

Rob is learning?
Better late than never I guess.

Rob just does whatever gets him promoted or keeps his job.

Bread crumbs tell me that he was married to Klutch, but now he has pivoted to what Jeanie/Phil/Magic/Ham want… not saying it’s good or bad, just that it’s not do whatever Klutch says anymore..imo at least

I'm all for doing what's best for the team.
I was surprised he didn't draft the Klutch kid who was available at 35.

Maybe it was the Lakers being passive aggressive?

Saw that Hardy had some unimpressive stats in gleague…maybe red flag on some of the #analytics?
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:27 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Jovan Buha
@jovanbuha
·
4m

"i want you to be our alex caruso"
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook hasn’t played consistent defense since he was with the Thunder, setting the standard for a guy who hasn’t done that approach for years isn’t gonna magically happen over night but I’m happy that Pelinka and Ham aren’t criticizing him in public
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:31 pm    Post subject:

What Westbrook can give you right now is versatility at the PG position and play under the rim with his quickness he will end up with very nice stats but it has to translate to winning.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

lakersfan32 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Jovan Buha
@jovanbuha
·
4m

"i want you to be our alex caruso"

Quote:
Kyle Goon
@kylegoon

Rob Pelinka says Russell Westbrook has indicated to Darvin Ham that he's ready to embrace a "defense-first" philosophy. Says Russ hasn't told the Lakers definitively what he's doing with his $47.1M option, but: "If he comes back, he will be embraced here with open arms."

Rob Pelinka declines to say exactly what the team will do with the team options for Austin Reaves (fairly obvious opt-in), Stanley Johnson and Wenyen Gabriel, but says all three have been in the building and they've seen growth with all of them.

alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

Potential Westbrook trades aside - who do we think are some candidates for our MMLE? Just a few off the top of my head (I think guys like Gary Harris, Kyle Anderson, PJ Tucker, Bobby Portis, Mo Bamba will command too much)

TJ Warren (obvioulsy risk, but he won't be getting paid that much this summer. I'd be willing to take it)
Taurean Prince (fits the mould perfectly. That said, I think he's said he wants to stay in MIN)
Jalen Smith (would love him. Could be very useful as an energetic, young 4/5)
Damion Lee (solid 3 and D potential)
Malik Monk (think he only commands the MMLE, would love to have him but does he fit what Ham's trying to produce?)
Bryn Forbes (see Monk)
Isaiah Hartenstein (shot blocking big off the bench)

Min guys could be Danuel House, Boogie, Robin Lopez, Jeremy Lamb?
#18 next...
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:32 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Jovan Buha
@jovanbuha
·
4m

Exactly as how I've envisioned it. This is more reality. All of these rumors were just rumors. In the end, nobody wants to touch Brick so we'd just have to start the season with him. We've made a huge mistake with the Westbrick so we'd just have to pay a steep price with 2 seasons being irrelevant. This coming season will be season 2. Hopefully, we could finally sign someone decent next year once Brick would be off the books.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Jovan Buha
@jovanbuha
·
4m

Fooling people during the summer? What are you talking about Willis?
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:35 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Damn, the Rockets had a hell of a draft. Smith, Eason and TyTy all fell.

Which of your kids do you see as the future?

Green and Smith. I think both can be the best players from their drafts.

Very well could be. I actually have a soft spot for Scottie Barnes though.
I wouldn't be surprised if Smith is the best of his class. But only because I feel like Paolo got picked 1 due to the Tatum effect. Slight similarities, and from Duke, no one wanted to miss out on the next Tatum again, which I don't believe Paolo is or will be.

I actually really like what Spurs did. With exception of their actual first pick of Sochan who I don’t think will ever live up to a lottery pick. Matter of fact, of all the guys they got, I could see him being the least impactful, especially rookie season. If they wanted a big, I think Williams fits well there or trade down and taken someone like Laravia. Though he is a big time defender so maybe he will help some this coming season.

But grabbing Chandler where they did I think was HUGE. Malaki at 20 I think feel further than expected and even Wesley was looked at as a top ten pick next season before deciding to come out this year.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:36 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Potential Westbrook trades aside - who do we think are some candidates for our MMLE? Just a few off the top of my head (I think guys like Gary Harris, Kyle Anderson, PJ Tucker, Bobby Portis, Mo Bamba will command too much)

TJ Warren (obvioulsy risk, but he won't be getting paid that much this summer. I'd be willing to take it)
Taurean Prince (fits the mould perfectly. That said, I think he's said he wants to stay in MIN)
Malik Monk (think he only commands the MMLE, would love to have him but does he fit what Ham's trying to produce?)
Bryn Forbes (see Monk)

If Dragic doesn’t go to Dallas would it make sense to give him some of the MLE?

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:38 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:

Bryn Forbes (see Monk)

Dream world?

tMLE = Gary Harris

But I guess that depends on what happens with Russ. If there is a deal out there for him (Hayward/Rozier or Burks/Fournier/Noel) that brings guard depth, Warren would be great.

Last edited by 2019 on Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

Bryn Forbes (see Monk)

If Dragic doesn’t go to Dallas would it make sense to give him most of the MLE?

Can we please get younger?
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

I know it’s pretty unlikely, but if Russ doesn’t opt in and decides to test free agency/ends up leaving, how much cap space would we get to spend if he came off the books? Can any cap experts help me out?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

we need Russ to opt in and trade him for pieces, otherwise we have very little room to improve the team
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

Bryn Forbes (see Monk)

If Dragic doesn’t go to Dallas would it make sense to give him some of the MLE?

Did he look cooked for Brooklyn?

With Nunn and I'm going to assume Westbrook, I don't really see a need there
#18 next...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Jovan Buha
@jovanbuha
·
4m

Fooling people during the summer? What are you talking about Willis?

Both of you guys should go out for lunch and rehash your stuff there
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:41 pm    Post subject:

crackadon wrote:
I know it’s pretty unlikely, but if Russ doesn’t opt in and decides to test free agency/ends up leaving, how much cap space would we get to spend if he came off the books? Can any cap experts help me out?

Somebody said 13m and we get to spend full mle and bi annual.

If we trade tht and Nunn without anything coming back? Then I think it's around 18m

Ask V
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:42 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

Bryn Forbes (see Monk)

Dream world?

tMLE = Gary Harris

But I guess that depends on what happens with Russ. If there is a deal out there for him (Hayward/Rozier or Burks/Fournier/Noel) that brings guard depth, Warren would be great.

Harris would be excellent, but I do think he demands the full ntMLE

That Hayward/Rozier for Westbrook (plus pick, probably) deal would really be as much of a good deal for our roster construction as you'll find IMO, but I'm pessimistic about it happening
#18 next...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Says Russ hasn't told the Lakers definitively what he's doing with his $47.1M option, but: "If he comes back, he will be embraced here with open arms."

Sounds like keeping him isn’t set in stone and the Lakers probably told him he can get traded at any moment
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
crackadon wrote:

Somebody said 13m and we get to spend full mle and bi annual.

If we trade tht and Nunn without anything coming back? Then I think it's around 18m

Ask V

Thanks for your input, Dennis. Much appreciated.

Hopefully vasashi can confirm.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8021, 8022, 8023 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 8022 of 8560
Jump to: