OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8022, 8023, 8024 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Quote:
Says Russ hasn't told the Lakers definitively what he's doing with his $47.1M option, but: "If he comes back, he will be embraced here with open arms."

Sounds like keeping him isn’t set in stone and the Lakers probably told him he can get traded at any moment

He knows he's not wanted by the Lakers but he also knows there isn't a market for him out there so he knows it's unlikely that he would get traded.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:48 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Quote:
Says Russ hasn't told the Lakers definitively what he's doing with his $47.1M option, but: "If he comes back, he will be embraced here with open arms."

Sounds like keeping him isn’t set in stone and the Lakers probably told him he can get traded at any moment

He knows he's not wanted by the Lakers but he also knows there isn't a market for him out there so he knows it's unlikely that he would get traded.

Knicks are gonna sign him when they get rebuffed by Brunson
C'mon Russ! Don't opt in. You deserve better!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:50 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Potential Westbrook trades aside - who do we think are some candidates for our MMLE? Just a few off the top of my head (I think guys like Gary Harris, Kyle Anderson, PJ Tucker, Bobby Portis, Mo Bamba will command too much)

TJ Warren (obvioulsy risk, but he won't be getting paid that much this summer. I'd be willing to take it)
Taurean Prince (fits the mould perfectly. That said, I think he's said he wants to stay in MIN)
Jalen Smith (would love him. Could be very useful as an energetic, young 4/5)
Damion Lee (solid 3 and D potential)
Malik Monk (think he only commands the MMLE, would love to have him but does he fit what Ham's trying to produce?)
Bryn Forbes (see Monk)
Isaiah Hartenstein (shot blocking big off the bench)

Min guys could be Danuel House, Boogie, Robin Lopez, Jeremy Lamb?

My guess is Monk is out. Think he will get a little more in FA and we got Nunn. Plus if we move RW, will likely are taking back multiple players to make $$$ work and will assume at least one of them will be a guard (IE replacement for Monk).

We need to use that $$$ on the best available PF/C that be our starter at the 5.

Expected Roster:
G: Nunn
G: TBD (RW trade)
F: LBJ
F: AD
C: TBD - MMLE

Bench:
Avery
Stanley
Christie
THT
Wenyen (assume we keep)
Austin
FA
FA
FA

Take some risks with those open spots on youth. IE Culver is just a few years removed from being a lottery pick. Or Damian Jones, Josh Jackson, Jones JR

Basically try to add one or two youth players on deals and hope playing with AD/LBJ they can flourish and be value add to hold onto.

But my guess is we bring back Melo, sign Millsap or someone like that hoping they can turn it up for one more season for a championship run.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:50 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Quote:

If there's a team that would sign someone like Russ, the Knicks would be one of them.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:52 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if any team has called about Russ. I wonder if any team has called the Lakers at all. This is so sad. Nobody wants to play with us.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:53 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Quote:

If he opts out which he won’t, we have less chance of improving the team. As the clippers and the blazers shown, expiring contracts does have some value.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:56 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Potential Westbrook trades aside - who do we think are some candidates for our MMLE? Just a few off the top of my head (I think guys like Gary Harris, Kyle Anderson, PJ Tucker, Bobby Portis, Mo Bamba will command too much)

TJ Warren (obvioulsy risk, but he won't be getting paid that much this summer. I'd be willing to take it)
Taurean Prince (fits the mould perfectly. That said, I think he's said he wants to stay in MIN)
Malik Monk (think he only commands the MMLE, would love to have him but does he fit what Ham's trying to produce?)
Bryn Forbes (see Monk)

Partial to full TpMLE for me:

Gary Harris
Chris Boucher
Otto Porter
Victor Oladipo
Nicolas Batum
Jeremy Lamb
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:01 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Quote:

If he opts out which he won’t, we have less chance of improving the team. As the clippers and the blazers shown, expiring contracts does have some value.

We'd have about $13M in cap space without having to add potential assets in a trade. Kyrie would take that ... Jk
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:09 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Kyle Goon
@kylegoon

Rob Pelinka says Russell Westbrook has indicated to Darvin Ham that he's ready to embrace a "defense-first" philosophy. Says Russ hasn't told the Lakers definitively what he's doing with his $47.1M option, but: "If he comes back, he will be embraced here with open arms."

Russ, shock the world and don't opt in.
You deserve better bro!

“Play defense and stop chasing my triple doubles? Nah man, I’m out!” What I hope Russ says
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Lakers do right with Magic, Kobe, Kareem, now Shaq
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Kyle Goon
@kylegoon

Rob Pelinka says Russell Westbrook has indicated to Darvin Ham that he's ready to embrace a "defense-first" philosophy. Says Russ hasn't told the Lakers definitively what he's doing with his $47.1M option, but: "If he comes back, he will be embraced here with open arms."

Russ, shock the world and don't opt in.
You deserve better bro!

“Play defense and stop chasing my triple doubles? Nah man, I’m out!” What I hope Russ says

"I have 3 beautiful children to feed and I need every cent of the $47mil!!" Probably what he's thinking
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:28 pm    Post subject:

I like TJ Warren.. He was having breakout before he got injured
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:49 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Lakers do right with Magic, Kobe, Kareem, now Shaq

putting lebron on notice with bronny
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:50 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
2019 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

Bryn Forbes (see Monk)

Dream world?

tMLE = Gary Harris

But I guess that depends on what happens with Russ. If there is a deal out there for him (Hayward/Rozier or Burks/Fournier/Noel) that brings guard depth, Warren would be great.

Harris would be excellent, but I do think he demands the full ntMLE

That Hayward/Rozier for Westbrook (plus pick, probably) deal would really be as much of a good deal for our roster construction as you'll find IMO, but I'm pessimistic about it happening

I think he does command full MLE but perhaps starting guard on Lakers could entice him. Oladipo is another guy who probably wants full MLE + but who knows what they do.

But if Russ is traded for Hayward and Rozier.. which I doubt bc Jeanie isn trying to pay repeater tax... then I'd give the tMLE to Warren and run a big starting 5 with TJ as 6th man.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:

His scoring potential is just so intriguing to me

Obviously a risky move, but one I’d be willing to take
#18 next...
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:41 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:

IF we are talking MLE, yeah he could be a good bet
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:37 am    Post subject:

Saying Kyrie is more skilled than Westbrook is the biggest understatement in western civilization.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:51 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
27 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
27 wrote:
IG with all due respect, your constant proposals and suggestions are insufferable.

Im sure you’re a nice person but you make it really difficult to read through threads.

What am I doing wrong? Are you talking about the Nunn for Clarke/Tilman proposal or my Danny Green scenario? Seriously we are in the off season not everyone is supposed to agree with each other that’s apart of the fun.

Its not about agreeing, it’s about the amount of ridiculous trades you throw out there. Every name mentioned, you suggest how Lakers can get that player. It makes no sense, and honestly a waste of time and space within the thread. I imagine its fun for very few who come here. In my opinion, what you do wrong is derail the thread with nonsense and i wish a moderator would address it. Anyway, enjoy, thats my 2cents and I dont want to contribute anymore to detailing the discussion.

About 15 years back I trained myself to simply skip posts with certain ID's in the quote tree (instead of skipping entire threads as I used to before). Now I can breeze through tens of pages in a few minutes /wink
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:04 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Jovan Buha
@jovanbuha
·
4m
Rob Pelinka says he and Davin Ham have had multiple meetings with Russell Westbrook and have been honest about Russ' role on the team and that he needs to be a defense-first player. He says Westbrook has yet to make a final decision on his player option for the 2022-23 season.

"i want you to be our alex caruso"

Quote:
Kyle Goon
@kylegoon

Rob Pelinka declines to say exactly what the team will do with the team options for Austin Reaves (fairly obvious opt-in), Stanley Johnson and Wenyen Gabriel, but says all three have been in the building and they've seen growth with all of them.

Pretty telling that Rob said "embraced here with open arms." Why would you have to say that if Russ wasn't already embraced by the team and players?
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:05 am    Post subject:

crackadon wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
crackadon wrote:
I know it’s pretty unlikely, but if Russ doesn’t opt in and decides to test free agency/ends up leaving, how much cap space would we get to spend if he came off the books? Can any cap experts help me out?

Somebody said 13m and we get to spend full mle and bi annual.

If we trade tht and Nunn without anything coming back? Then I think it's around 18m

Ask V

Thanks for your input, Dennis. Much appreciated.

Hopefully vasashi can confirm.

From the Q&A thread (which I’ll update with current numbers once we know the status to all the options on players)…

Quote:
What does our current cap sheet (as of April 8th 2022) look like and what exceptions will be available to us as a result?
First off, no more Deng corpse on our books…Yay! And I will not entertain a Russ stretch-waive corpse…at least for now I won’t! Please let me have this haha

1) Russ (Player Option) 47.1m
2) Bron 44.5m
3) AD 38m
4) THT 10.3m
5) Nunn (PO) 5.3m
6) Stanley (Team Option) 2.4m
7) Gabriel (TO) 2m
8) Reaves (TO; nonguaranteed) 1.6m
= team salary of 151.2m on a projected 122m salary cap & a hard cap (ie cap apron) of 155.2m

As you can see we are already past to salary cap, well into the tax and have roughly 4m in wiggle before we hit the apron…and that’s with only 8 on the roster and needing to still fill out 6-7 more roster spots. So if we stay as is, it’s safe to say we will not be using the hardcap triggering ntpMLE, BAE and/or committing to a trade that has an incoming S&t’d player hitting our books (more on that below).

We will only have the tpMLE available to use.

How much cap space do we have if we option out of/waive/renounce everyone so that our team salary is just players with already guaranteed money (ie Bron/AD/THT)?
Bron: 44.5m
AD: 38m
THT: 10.3m
9 incomplete roster charges: 9m
= 101.8m in team salary, which means 20.2m in potential cap space

So considering that Nunn officially opted in and that Max will take one of those 9 incomplete roster spots (fyi a rookie min cap hold is the same amount as a single IR charge), that 101.8m in team salary above would come out to 106.1m meaning we would have roughly 16m in potential cap space along with the use of the 5.4m room MLE exception (due to the fact we would be a cap-having team if Russ opts out of his option).

Bron 44.5m
AD 38m
THT 10.3m
Nunn 5.3m
MaxC 1m cap hold
7 IR charges 7m (@ roughly 1m per)
= 106.1m in team salary giving us ~16m in cap space on a projected 122m salary cap.

That number shrinks to about 13m in cap space (as D100 stated above) if you consider we pick up the options on Reaves, Gabriel & Stan and have their deals replace the 3m in IR cap holds.

Hope that answers it for y’all.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:06 am    Post subject:

We have a glaring hole at big wing. My MMLE choices would be all about those types of player, with Otto Porter being my first choice.

Second, with Ham's 4 out system, and if Russ is staying (at least beginning of the year), you need a stretch center.

So in order of importance for me is a big wing, then stretch center.

Unfortunately, we've had these players and let them go (Brook Lopez for example), and the market for these types of players is very competitive and everyone wants one.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:11 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:

He never overcame the bullying by Jimmy Butler. That was tough to watch because he was starting to become really good.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:14 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
crackadon wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
crackadon wrote:
I know it’s pretty unlikely, but if Russ doesn’t opt in and decides to test free agency/ends up leaving, how much cap space would we get to spend if he came off the books? Can any cap experts help me out?

Somebody said 13m and we get to spend full mle and bi annual.

If we trade tht and Nunn without anything coming back? Then I think it's around 18m

Ask V

Thanks for your input, Dennis. Much appreciated.

Hopefully vasashi can confirm.

From the Q&A thread (which I’ll update with current numbers once we know the status to all the options on players)…

Quote:
What does our current cap sheet (as of April 8th 2022) look like and what exceptions will be available to us as a result?
First off, no more Deng corpse on our books…Yay! And I will not entertain a Russ stretch-waive corpse…at least for now I won’t! Please let me have this haha

1) Russ (Player Option) 47.1m
2) Bron 44.5m
3) AD 38m
4) THT 10.3m
5) Nunn (PO) 5.3m
6) Stanley (Team Option) 2.4m
7) Gabriel (TO) 2m
8) Reaves (TO; nonguaranteed) 1.6m
= team salary of 151.2m on a projected 122m salary cap & a hard cap (ie cap apron) of 155.2m

As you can see we are already past to salary cap, well into the tax and have roughly 4m in wiggle before we hit the apron…and that’s with only 8 on the roster and needing to still fill out 6-7 more roster spots. So if we stay as is, it’s safe to say we will not be using the hardcap triggering ntpMLE, BAE and/or committing to a trade that has an incoming S&t’d player hitting our books (more on that below).

We will only have the tpMLE available to use.

How much cap space do we have if we option out of/waive/renounce everyone so that our team salary is just players with already guaranteed money (ie Bron/AD/THT)?
Bron: 44.5m
AD: 38m
THT: 10.3m
9 incomplete roster charges: 9m
= 101.8m in team salary, which means 20.2m in potential cap space

So considering that Nunn officially opted in and that Max will take one of those 9 incomplete roster spots (fyi a rookie min cap hold is the same amount as a single IR charge), that 101.8m in team salary above would come out to 106.1m meaning we would have roughly 16m in potential cap space along with the use of the 5.4m room MLE exception (due to the fact we would be a cap-having team if Russ opts out of his option).

Bron 44.5m
AD 38m
THT 10.3m
Nunn 5.3m
MaxC 1m cap hold
7 IR charges 7m (@ roughly 1m per)
= 106.1m in team salary giving us ~16m in cap space on a projected 122m salary cap.

That number shrinks to about 13m in cap space (as D100 stated above) if you consider we pick up the options on Reaves, Gabriel & Stan and have their deals replace the 3m in IR cap holds.

Hope that answers it for y’all.

I would do backflips if Russ opts out.

-13m ish in cap space?
-full MLE
-BAE of around 4m.

So could replace Russ with 3 competent NBA players and not have to burn up a future 1st or take back bad contracts. Where do I sign up? I'll drive him to LAX if he opts out.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:19 am    Post subject:

We really need some wings and centers. Hopefully we'll get YOUNG ones.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:19 am    Post subject:

Is it me or does the NBA take Fridays off and wait for Monday mornings East Coast time to release all the juicy rumors so that the sports shows can scream about it and generate emotions in people for the next 4 days. Then the agents and the talking heads take the next 3 days off because news is less impactful when dads are packing their cars with beach umbrellas and have a thick paste of sunscreen on their noses.

On the other hand, the NFL loves to release their negative press on Fridays because they fly under the radar, and once the weekend is over, no one cares anymore, because on Monday there will be more NBA trade rumors and fake holdouts.

Last edited by AFireInside619 on Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8022, 8023, 8024 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 8023 of 8560
Jump to: