Official RUSSELL WESTBROOK Thread (Traded to Utah)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 329, 330, 331 ... 424, 425, 426  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
A small percentage of us where optimistic thinking Russ would work well with Lebron and AD when the move happened last summer. Only to find out how wrong we all where.

Russ just lost sight of putting basketball first. Came back home to LA and was more focused on his clothing line “Honor the Gift” and his Bank Sponsorship with Varo.

OKC Russ would never let Patrick Beverly or Reggie Jackson destroy him like they did this past season!

I’m a huge fan of the Darvin Ham hire but not a believer he can turn Russ around. Russ is currently in Paris right now with the opening of his HTG store. Dude doesn’t care about basketball like he used too. I hope we move on from him this summer and find a suitor

I thought he was either huffing glue last season or has a neurological disorder
I have never seen a player look so loopy lazy in all my years watching NBA
Missing layups and the most horrible turnovers ever.. just (bleep) timing and low intelligence ball handling
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:38 am    Post subject:

What does Himothy mean?

Quote:
Darvin Ham telling media he wants Westbrook to basically play the GP2 role for Lakers next season and Russ is posting stuff about him being #Himothy

https://twitter.com/ralph_masonjr/status/1540232933390180352

Quote:
Russ posting in clip from that 2012
series is hilarious #Himothy

https://twitter.com/ralph_masonjr/status/1540230231297929216
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:36 am    Post subject:

I think the dude thinks he’s bigger then what he is and is being offended that he’s being asked to play a different role, I give credit to Ham for sticking up to him.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:17 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
What does Himothy mean?

Quote:
Darvin Ham telling media he wants Westbrook to basically play the GP2 role for Lakers next season and Russ is posting stuff about him being #Himothy

Quote:

It’s a play on the name Timothy.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:35 am    Post subject:

Ship his ass out!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:02 am    Post subject:

LBJ is up for an extension. I think he's looking to tack on one more year and the Lakers want him to. I don't think he will want Russ back and that as part of his re-up, he will LeRequire trading Russ. Thankfully, looks like Charlotte is an increasingly possible candidate IMO. Just can't do anything until Russ actually opts in.

And about Russ saying he will all of a sudden be a defense-first team player, yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. There are so many bad habits ingrained in him, specifically on defense. When I saw him play live this year, it was just mind boggling how much he stands around on defense and loses his man. Just a lack of focus and attention that won't all of a sudden be there after playing this way for 13 years.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:16 am    Post subject:

Maybe he’s thinking to stick it to these unappreciated westbrig calling fans and do the Schroeder, sign with the leprechaun for $5m
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:30 am    Post subject:

The whole Rob talk re: Russ is interesting b/c Rob said that if Russ returns, he will "embraced with open arms."

You don't phrase it that way unless the team and its players are all done with Russ, which it appears to be the case.

Wondering if privately, Ham is telling Russ things that Russ will be uncomfortable with, up to and including that his "starting" spot is up for grabs at training camp. Coaches/GMs say one thing to the press; who knows what is going on behind the scenes. If there's one thing about Rob, is he's a snake oil salesman.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:45 am    Post subject:

Tracy McGrady Reveals The Only Way To Fix The Lakers: "Russ Has Gotta Come Off The Bench."

Quote:
"I don’t like that group, I don’t like Russ, Bron, and AD, I don’t like that trio. I love Russ as a player, but I don’t like him with those two. Because both of them need the ball. Russ to me is not a guy that you just put in the corner… Russ needs the ball. ... The only way it's gonna work, Russ has gotta come off the bench. That's the only way to work bro. With them in the starting lineup together... I'm talking about for it to work, I don't see him doing it."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/tracy-mcgrady-reveals-the-only-way-to-fix-the-lakers-russ-has-gotta-come-off-the-bench/ar-AAYOZBz?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBnb7Kz
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:50 am    Post subject:

IF Russ stays (and I think Lakers will feverishly keep on working to trade him), I 100% agree with TMAC.

Shoving Russ into the starting lineup just isn't going to work in a 4 out system, where AD due to his lack of 3 point shooting must be the 1 player that is playing "in." That means we'll need to surround him with 4 other players who are at least threats to shoot the 3. Missing piece is still a 3 point shooting center if we keep AD at "PF." You can't have both AD/Russ/traditional center in a 4 out system.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:50 am    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
Tracy McGrady Reveals The Only Way To Fix The Lakers: "Russ Has Gotta Come Off The Bench."

Quote:
"I don’t like that group, I don’t like Russ, Bron, and AD, I don’t like that trio. I love Russ as a player, but I don’t like him with those two. Because both of them need the ball. Russ to me is not a guy that you just put in the corner… Russ needs the ball. ... The only way it's gonna work, Russ has gotta come off the bench. That's the only way to work bro. With them in the starting lineup together... I'm talking about for it to work, I don't see him doing it."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/tracy-mcgrady-reveals-the-only-way-to-fix-the-lakers-russ-has-gotta-come-off-the-bench/ar-AAYOZBz?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBnb7Kz

Yep. That's probably the best version of the current roster.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:52 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Quote:

Yep. That's probably the best version of the current roster.

And honestly, it will further damage Russ to start him IMO as it will be painfully obvious that he hurts the spacing around LBJ/AD again.

I think the BEST version of Russ is as a bench guard where he can operate with the ball, and play 22-24mpg at 100% instead of coasting on defense.
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:17 am    Post subject:

Yep. Anyone who knows even a little bit of basketball can tell that Russ does still have something left in the tank, but it just doesn't work with LeBron and AD... the only path for this team to succeed with him on it is for him to come off the bench.

Sadly, it's just something that he will not do. It's even more sad because it's his only real chance to extend his career for another 3-4 years. If Westbrook came off the bench and showed that he could deliver in a 6th man role and sacrifice his ego (which he won't do), he's probably getting 2-3yr full MLE offers next summer. Instead, he's going to continue digging his heels in, keep being a diva, and probably won't get offered more than the league minimum next year. Honestly, I could see him being out of the league next year. Nobody wants to deal with a past-his-prime superstar who kills team chemistry and doesn't understand his role on the team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:19 am    Post subject:

Big Shot Bob wrote:
Yep. Anyone who knows even a little bit of basketball can tell that Russ does still have something left in the tank, but it just doesn't work with LeBron and AD... the only path for this team to succeed with him on it is for him to come off the bench.

Sadly, it's just something that he will not do. It's even more sad because it's his only real chance to extend his career for another 3-4 years. If Westbrook came off the bench and showed that he could deliver in a 6th man role and sacrifice his ego (which he won't do), he's probably getting 2-3yr full MLE offers next summer. Instead, he's going to continue digging his heels in, keep being a diva, and probably won't get offered more than the league minimum next year. Honestly, I could see him being out of the league next year. Nobody wants to deal with a past-his-prime superstar who kills team chemistry and doesn't understand his role on the team.

The next possible Allen Iverson end game.

Russ, if he chose to, could extend his career as a bench player who could help a team out but we won't see that until he learns the hard way. Hopefully Ham is telling him that the "starting" spot is not his and will be up for competition.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:21 am    Post subject:

Agree, let Russ Cook off the bench.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:24 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:

He would likely have his minutes go from 34mpg last year to more like 22-24mpg, and likely not finishing out games. Will his ego allow that? Doubtful.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:28 am    Post subject:

this guy is so clueless its not even funny.

full of himself
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AD23 wrote:

He would likely have his minutes go from 34mpg last year to more like 22-24mpg, and likely not finishing out games. Will his ego allow that? Doubtful.

He can also not play at all for 4-5 months then get traded and look like the biggest clown to ever have played for the Lakers
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:30 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:

let russ cook in his house...get him outta here
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:57 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
AD23 wrote:

let russ cook in his house...get him outta here

I get that. But seems Lakers are bracing for the possibility that we are stuck with him.

If we are, we have to find a productive use of a player making 47m. Coddling him and letting him start hurts him and the team. TMAC is 100% right about Russ having to be a bench player. Dwight, Melo, all time great players, also came to that realization too (some through much harder ways).
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:06 pm    Post subject:

A 47 million dollar bench player
Thanks Russ
Did this guy opt in yet so we can move his ass
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:18 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
A 47 million dollar bench player
Thanks Russ
Did this guy opt in yet so we can move his ass

He didn't cause he knows he's gone
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
What does Himothy mean?

Quote:

Quote:

It’s a play on the name Timothy.

I remember that game. He dropped 40 on the Heats. Instead of giving the man his flowers. Magic called it the worst performance by a point guard in finals history.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:12 pm    Post subject:

10-11 years ago????

(bleep) NUTCASE
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Quote:
Russell Westbrook _at_ russwest44
Yoooo… watch your mouth. Don’t say anything here you wouldn’t say to my face.

Skip Bayless AT RealSkipBayless
Lakers acquire a 2nd-round pick, take Michigan State's Max Christie, who shot only 32% from 3 last season. Perfect! He'll fit right in with LeBron and Westbrick.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 329, 330, 331 ... 424, 425, 426  Next
Page 330 of 426
Jump to: