The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1813, 1814, 1815 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:10 pm    Post subject:

[quote="jonnybravo"

Warriors were a confluence of events that I can't see happening again. Curry being underpaid for the early parts of their dynasty due to injury issues prior. 2016's massive salary cap increase allowing for KD to join them. What's been really understated though is that both Klay Thompson and Draymond Green "just" missed the 2016 salary cap increase and signing for what would be a pedestrian $70m/4years $82m/5years respectively the year prior. g.[/quote]

That's an interesting point. We all know how they lucked off with the massive cap increase that allowed them to sign Durant. But they also lucked out that Curry was a late bloomer, so they were able to sign him for a more modest extension than he would have gotten if his superstar abilities had been more obvious earlier in his career.
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:46 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Steph and LBJ are on different tiers. LBJ is in the GOAT discussion, Steph is not.

it's all media driven...

the thing about Curry is that he changed the game, and I guess, is more loved the world over.

Media driven? Did you just start watching basketball?

Lebron has been a top 5-10 player for nearly 20 years.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:08 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
[quote="jonnybravo"

Warriors were a confluence of events that I can't see happening again. Curry being underpaid for the early parts of their dynasty due to injury issues prior. 2016's massive salary cap increase allowing for KD to join them. What's been really understated though is that both Klay Thompson and Draymond Green "just" missed the 2016 salary cap increase and signing for what would be a pedestrian $70m/4years $82m/5years respectively the year prior. g.

That's an interesting point. We all know how they lucked off with the massive cap increase that allowed them to sign Durant. But they also lucked out that Curry was a late bloomer, so they were able to sign him for a more modest extension than he would have gotten if his superstar abilities had been more obvious earlier in his career.[/quote]

When people say that the Warriors can be replicated, they are not being truthful.

1. draft 3 HOFers.
2. keep all 3, with a few being severely underpaid due to injury.
3. sign an all time player with a once in a generation cap spike.
4. when said all time player leaves, convince him and his team to do a S&T and give assets back. Usually teams are left empty handed in these situations and the Warriors all of a sudden do not have Wiggins and a pick that was used for Kuminga.

Won't happen again.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:59 pm    Post subject:

How in his right mind has he not demanded a trade.

He's 38 next season, I don't care what anyone thinks he is about to fall off a cliff fast, the guy keeps getting hurt. If he doesn't win a ring next year to tie Kobe he never will. He's not going to be better two seasons from now.

This is not a championship roster, not even close. Is he really going to waste his last good year losing for 3 straight seasons?

It was a success. For the rest of his life, he will be a Lakers champion and no one can take that away and we got number 17. Now we need to rebuild now and he needs number 5. Neither of that will happen next year or ever if he is still here.

what is everyone in this organization thinking? You are not a championship roster if Westbrook is the starting PG
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:

He's 38 next season, I don't care what anyone thinks he is about to fall off a cliff fast, the guy keeps getting hurt. If he doesn't win a ring next year to tie Kobe he never will. He's not going to be better two seasons from now.

This is not a championship roster, not even close. Is he really going to waste his last good year losing for 3 straight seasons?

It was a success. For the rest of his life, he will be a Lakers champion and no one can take that away and we got number 17. Now we need to rebuild now and he needs number 5. Neither of that will happen next year or ever if he is still here.

what is everyone in this organization thinking? You are not a championship roster if Westbrook is the starting PG

Why demand a trade? Living in California with money is great. Who says winning is his priority?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Why demand a trade? Living in California with money is great. Who says winning is his priority?

Cuz Lebron+AD still the best 1-2 in the league
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:18 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

That one-two punch got us a first-round exit followed by the 11th seed and now we will be a year older. I love AD but when you tie up 40 million in Westbrook you cant build a roster around them.

Honest question, do you really believe June 2023 we will have number 18?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

That one-two punch got us a first-round exit followed by the 11th seed and now we will be a year older. I love AD but when you tie up 40 million in Westbrook you cant build a roster around them.

Honest question, do you really believe June 2023 we will have number 18?

If AD and a Bron are healthy, we'll be in it
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

My guess is Lebron himself doesn't think winning is a lost cause. I suspect he feels if he and AD stay healthy they will always have a shot.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:09 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
[quote="jonnybravo"

Warriors were a confluence of events that I can't see happening again. Curry being underpaid for the early parts of their dynasty due to injury issues prior. 2016's massive salary cap increase allowing for KD to join them. What's been really understated though is that both Klay Thompson and Draymond Green "just" missed the 2016 salary cap increase and signing for what would be a pedestrian $70m/4years $82m/5years respectively the year prior. g.

That's an interesting point. We all know how they lucked off with the massive cap increase that allowed them to sign Durant. But they also lucked out that Curry was a late bloomer, so they were able to sign him for a more modest extension than he would have gotten if his superstar abilities had been more obvious earlier in his career.

When people say that the Warriors can be replicated, they are not being truthful.

1. draft 3 HOFers.
2. keep all 3, with a few being severely underpaid due to injury.
3. sign an all time player with a once in a generation cap spike.
4. when said all time player leaves, convince him and his team to do a S&T and give assets back. Usually teams are left empty handed in these situations and the Warriors all of a sudden do not have Wiggins and a pick that was used for Kuminga.

Won't happen again.[/quote]
Next cap spike is coming in 2-3 years
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:06 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:27 am    Post subject:

This LBJ's highlights with the Cavs is insane ....

https://fb.watch/dVcjLjmcD6/

And with the Lakers

Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:53 pm    Post subject:

PinoyLBJFan wrote:

And with the Lakers

Lakers Lebron has been great but damn the earlier iterations of Lebron would absolutely annihilate the one we got.

Father Time stays undefeated
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:16 pm    Post subject:

PinoyLBJFan wrote:

And with the Lakers

Someone here was arguing that Steph was a better player in his MVP years I disliked tf out of Bron at that time but even I wouldn't have said that. Def. kind of crazy watching those vids as I kind of forgot just how dominant he was.. He's one of those few unicorn players that can take nearly any team deep in the Playoffs yearly regardless of the roster. We still got a damn good version of him but it's basically flashes of that Cavs version which is still one of the top players in the League when healthy which is the biggest difference imo. Health, health, health for both of our only star players on the roster.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:46 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
PinoyLBJFan wrote:

And with the Lakers

Someone here was arguing that Steph was a better player in his MVP years I disliked tf out of Bron at that time but even I wouldn't have said that. Def. kind of crazy watching those vids as I kind of forgot just how dominant he was.. He's one of those few unicorn players that can take nearly any team deep in the Playoffs yearly regardless of the roster. We still got a damn good version of him but it's basically flashes of that Cavs version which is still one of the top players in the League when healthy which is the biggest difference imo. Health, health, health for both of our only star players on the roster.

That's pretty much his 2018 run highlights... Crazy is that he was already 33 going on 34 that year... Probably his best season ever. Definitely best playoffs run in history minus the ring. I still laugh when people say he's not a skilled scorer.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:25 am    Post subject:

Matt Barnes names the toughest players to guard in the NBA
Quote:
"Kobe, to me was the toughest I ever guarded. KD was number two. Melo was three. Bron was four. DWade was five. And I think maybe I would do... I might be missing someone. Damn I forgot about T-Mac, he had to be up there. That (bleep) jumps so high in his 3-point shot. Yeah Ginobili and T-Mac are in there. Ginobili was a (bleep)."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/matt-barnes-names-the-toughest-players-to-guard-in-the-nba/ar-AAYVYPq?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=47bc400901594e60a72b72e770c957ec
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:50 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
hype wrote:
PinoyLBJFan wrote:

And with the Lakers

That's pretty much his 2018 run highlights... Crazy is that he was already 33 going on 34 that year... Probably his best season ever. Definitely best playoffs run in history minus the ring. I still laugh when people say he's not a skilled scorer.

Sad to see father time erode what he once was. You want to see some really crazy stuff look up those Olympics with LBJ and Kobe on the team (2012 I think it was), holy hell he was like Superman out there athletically.
Cyberfreak444
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:26 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:

LeBron has never demanded a trade in his career. That just isn’t his MO. He’s not about to start now.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:42 am    Post subject:

Cyberfreak444 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

LeBron has never demanded a trade in his career. That just isn’t his MO. He’s not about to start now.

agree. he's smart like that. He holds on to complete control of his moves and career.

LA is perfect for him. Free reign, money, brentwood. he isn't going anywhere.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Cyberfreak444 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

agree. he's smart like that. He holds on to complete control of his moves and career.

Why potentially tarnish his legacy by demanding a trade? He has four rings and will get the all time scoring record. Even a fifth championship would just be icing for him.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Cyberfreak444 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Why potentially tarnish his legacy by demanding a trade? He has four rings and will get the all time scoring record. Even a fifth championship would just be icing for him.

he wont. He literally said, on video, that last year wasn't a failure.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:47 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
PinoyLBJFan wrote:

And with the Lakers

Lebron has a legitimate case for GOAT, though I wouldn't out him quite at the top seat myself.

It's staggering to think he was probably the best teenager in NBA history, and now he is in the running for the best old player in NBA history.

He has one of the most unique skill sets in NBA history, maybe in sports history. As Dr. J put it: "I haven't seen anybody like him. It's like Karl Malone out at the point running a team. Are you kidding me?"
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:22 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
hype wrote:
PinoyLBJFan wrote:

And with the Lakers

Lebron has a legitimate case for GOAT, though I wouldn't out him quite at the top seat myself.

It's staggering to think he was probably the best teenager in NBA history, and now he is in the running for the best old player in NBA history.

He has one of the most unique skill sets in NBA history, maybe in sports history. As Dr. J put it: "I haven't seen anybody like him. It's like Karl Malone out at the point running a team. Are you kidding me?"

I wonder how many other athletes have still been one of the most athletic players in the league at 37.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:41 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
activeverb wrote:
hype wrote:
PinoyLBJFan wrote:

And with the Lakers

I wonder how many other athletes have still been one of the most athletic players in the league at 37.

none, but unlike generations past Bron takes a ton of days off, so when he plays he's fresh.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:52 am    Post subject:

Yikes
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1813, 1814, 1815 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1814 of 2079
Jump to: