Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1200, 1201, 1202 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:16 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Not really. Here are his shooting numbers from his two playoff runs in New Orleans:

Shooting wise he was on fire in the bubble, we can all agree on that. He's traditionally stepped it his performance in the playoffs though.

In 2015 he scored +7.1 points and grabbed +0.8 more rebounds from the regular season. Was pretty much the same in other categories with a 0.1-0.2 plus or minus. In 2018 he scored was +2 points and +2.3 rebounds per game. He led the playoffs in blocks both of those seasons, and led the playoffs in rebounds in 2018.

You're talking about counting numbers. I'm talking about shooting. Counting numbers are affected by a lot of factors. For example, in 2015, Davis played 7 more minutes per game in the playoffs and took 4 more shots per game. On a per 36 basis (or a per 100 possession basis) his rebounding and block shots went *down* in the playoffs.

There's nothing wrong with Davis carrying a heavier load in the playoffs. In fact, it's a good thing if he stays healthy. What I'm talking about is that unguardable scoring machine that we saw in the 2020 playoffs. That may have been a one-off.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:27 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Davis clearly has no desire to improve. He’s peaked and he’s regressing now that he’s in L.A., won a ring, and got his contract. It’s as if he’s saying “once you catch the bus, why keep running?”

this is what is irritating.. and people making the excuse of JJ Reddick does not get it...

first off, Reddick is a great shooter, so he maybe could get away training late. Not AD.
secondly, JJ Reddick never had expectations of being the best in the NBA, not like AD, who at one point in his career had expectations of carrying torch as being the best in the league.

Seems now, he's got the Lamar Odom complex, wasting his talents and looks like he's decided to be so-so for the rest of his career.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Lethal Shooter
@LethalShooter__
Great workout today getting my brother Anthony Davis ready for next season. It’s been over a year and a half since we locked in! God is truly good to help others master The Art of Shooting. BROTHER 4 LIFE! -Stay locked in!🎯 #NBA #LethalShooter
Tweeti Çevir

Oh no, Lethal Shooter???
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
Lethal Shooter wrote:
Jun 14, 2022ReplyRetweetFavorite

Oh no, Lethal Shooter???

https://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=188640
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Should have went after Brandon Ingram’s shooting trainer.. oh well.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:29 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

What’s wrong with Lethal Shooter?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:58 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
Davis clearly has no desire to improve. He’s peaked and he’s regressing now that he’s in L.A., won a ring, and got his contract. It’s as if he’s saying “once you catch the bus, why keep running?”

this is what is irritating.. and people making the excuse of JJ Reddick does not get it...

first off, Reddick is a great shooter, so he maybe could get away training late. Not AD.
secondly, JJ Reddick never had expectations of being the best in the NBA, not like AD, who at one point in his career had expectations of carrying torch as being the best in the league.

Seems now, he's got the Lamar Odom complex, wasting his talents and looks like he's decided to be so-so for the rest of his career.

I’ve heard multiple NBA players defend him and say they don’t shoot this early in the summer. And I’ll be more concerned with his body than his shot
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:09 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I have seen mixed views on him, he can’t be worse then Mike Penberthy but it wouldn’t have hurt to try something different.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:01 am    Post subject:

AD not being an above avg 3pt shooter is ok, just hover around 30-33%, but the other 4 dudes gotta be able to knock down those open threes to get AD the lane he needed to operate, give him Giannis space
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:13 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/JamCristopher/status/1536883678487248896?s=20&t=yClwlbuvO-j6ubo_Ku4I_w

Reddick not having the AD hype.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:11 am    Post subject:

AD (seemingly) gets injured walking back to the bench or walking back at halftime (hyperbole).

So he may need to do less. Because he needs to stay on the floor if he's shooting great but he's injured for another three months that isn't doing anyone any good. I said last season that I don't think holding a lot of weight and lot of bulk works for his build. I think that works against his natural talents of speed and agility. I agree with somebody I think it might've been IG that mention maybe he should do yoga. Yoga does a lot for you with the way it stretches and lengthens your body -obvs- but it also does a lot for your mental state. I mean The Captain did yoga that's why he was able to go for so long.

I am biased. I do yoga. 🧘🏾‍♂️
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject:

I gotta agree with Raj.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:30 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
AD (seemingly) gets injured walking back to the bench or walking back at halftime (hyperbole).

So he may need to do less. Because he needs to stay on the floor if he's shooting great but he's injured for another three months that isn't doing anyone any good. I said last season that I don't think holding a lot of weight and lot of bulk works for his build. I think that works against his natural talents of speed and agility. I agree with somebody I think it might've been IG that mention maybe he should do yoga. Yoga does a lot for you with the way it stretches and lengthens your body -obvs- but it also does a lot for your mental state. I mean The Captain did yoga that's why he was able to go for so long.

I am biased. I do yoga. 🧘🏾‍♂️

Voice of reasons, TD and IG
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

I’ve heard multiple NBA players defend him and say they don’t shoot this early in the summer. And I’ll be more concerned with his body than his shot

that's the reason why not all NBA players are superstars. I get it, a lot of players just play the game because they are tall, it's their job, or it's vacation time, they get paid to play after the summer... etc etc... excuses.

we all get that, right? but if AD wants to be THE top guy in the league, this is not the way to go. Again, he seems to have decided, he's just gonna be a regular guy, same as the rest of those multiple NBA players defending him.

I just realized, I was totally wrong about AD, I thought he had that Kobe mentality, or Lebron's dedication.. apparently, not. it's all ok though, we'll just have to find that guy some other time.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

that's the reason why not all NBA players are superstars. I get it, a lot of players just play the game because they are tall, it's their job, or it's vacation time, they get paid to play after the summer... etc etc... excuses.

we all get that, right? but if AD wants to be THE top guy in the league, this is not the way to go. Again, he seems to have decided, he's just gonna be a regular guy, same as the rest of those multiple NBA players defending him.

I just realized, I was totally wrong about AD, I thought he had that Kobe mentality, or Lebron's dedication.. apparently, not. it's all ok though, we'll just have to find that guy some other time.

Lets say you're intimate knowledge of AD is somehow accurate.
Is he still top 25 while being "undedicated" but healthy?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Davis after dedicating months of the off-season to working on his body, is now working with LethalShooter on his jumpshot

https://www.instagram.com/p/CezlPKtpiB2/
lethalshooter
Verified
Great workout today getting my brother @antdavis23 ready for next season. It’s been over a year and a half since we locked in! God is truly good to help others master The Art of Shooting. BROTHER 4 LIFE! -Stay locked in!🎯 #NBA #LethalShooter
-
📸: @lethalshooter___

Now ya'll can quit making a mountain out of a molehill.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Let the man play the 4 and get healthy, need this dude to ball out, MVP/DPOY/avg 3pt shooter

epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:59 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Let the man play the 4 and get healthy, need this dude to ball out, MVP/DPOY/avg 3pt shooter

I didn't know he was buds with Kyrie.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:32 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

When overrated guys like Kuz went from shooting 30% to 20% everyone on the forums blamed LethalShooter. Little did they know that Kuz was just never that good…
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:11 pm    Post subject:

AD in the lab with lethal shooter.

https://twitter.com/LethalShooter__/status/1542645180238397440
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:35 pm    Post subject:

AD plays next to a guy who is still beasting at like 95 years old and was never hurt until his late 30s

You can’t have a better example to follow than Lebron. His ass needs to be in the gym whenever Lebron is doing what he does. Crazy he doesn’t recognize that
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:53 pm    Post subject:

So what’s the consensus on AD? Is he still an all star caliber player? Or is he going downhill and will give us the same output as the last 2 years?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:03 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
So what’s the consensus on AD? Is he still an all star caliber player? Or is he going downhill and will give us the same output as the last 2 years?

Revenge season coming up, only 30
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:33 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:

Not likely the consensus, but IMO he remains healthy this year. (72+ games)

When healthy, he is capable of being top 5-10 player in the league.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:24 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/espnnba/status/1543011604320616448?s=21&t=KdNHdGwqE_YA0HzFr25-Gw

KG is correct.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1200, 1201, 1202 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 1201 of 1425
Jump to: