OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8299, 8300, 8301 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dj1337
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:08 pm    Post subject:

yea don't be picky now if its harris so be it take him.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Principles of the deal are prob well know. Nets likely to not want any thing in return salary wise other than Russ. Guessing Harris is coming back which would be a nice cost cutting move for the Nets. I don’t understand the contingency of the Durant deal. Nets are getting rid of their biggest two undesirables.
Hopefully they will agree tomorrow and we can see what is the next play. Have to think THT would be moved. I thought a THT+ Nunn+ Gabriel
Deal for Buddy maybe the next move. Then sign Thomas Bryant.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Any news on a Beverley buyout?
Capehorn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:15 pm    Post subject:

maybe harris isn’t healthy?
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:15 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Principles of the deal are prob well know. Nets likely to not want any thing in return salary wise other than Russ. Guessing Harris is coming back which would be a nice cost cutting move for the Nets. I don’t understand the contingency of the Durant deal. Nets are getting rid of their biggest two undesirables.
Hopefully they will agree tomorrow and we can see what is the next play. Have to think THT would be moved. I thought a THT+ Nunn+ Gabriel
Deal for Buddy maybe the next move.
Then sign Thomas Bryant.

I don't like that idea. It would leave us without a backup PG and weaken us defensively.

Buddy Hield is overrated by some Lakers fans.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Capehorn wrote:

His season ending ankle injury
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:17 pm    Post subject:

At least we have buddy Hield as our back.
The dream can finally be our backup reality.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
I would love to keep THT and Nunn out of all Irving trades. I might be in the very small minority but I still feel like THT has a really bright future in this league. He just was a terrible fit next to both Russ and LeBron. With that said, if we can somehow get Kyrie and Joe Harris for Russ and 1 FRP, and sign Thomas Bryant, I think we are in a healthy position to contend next season

PG: Kyrie Irving/Kendrick Nunn
SG: Joe Harris/Lonnie Walker
SF: LeBron James/THT (?)
PF: Anthony Davis/JTA/Carmelo (?)
C: Thomas Bryant/Damian Jones

Thats not a bad team at all. Much improved compared to last season. Still have a glaring weakness without having a 6'8 3 and D guy, but that was going to be a tough hole to fix with the tools we had at our disposal this off season. If Rob somehow pulls off this roster, we're in a great spot

Now assume that Lebron, Davis, and Irving play 50 games each and that Bryant plays 40. Further assume that some of these injuries affect the playoffs (i.e., no "everyone is healthy for the playoffs" assumptions). How good of a team is that?

I really, truly don't mean to be Debbie Downer. I can see the appeal of that roster, if it is possible to make the moves. But there is no depth at all. If the injury gods are mean to us, it could be ugly. I could respect the fact that we're going for a title, but we might just be covering over the fact that we lack a sustainable base and in fact are just making things worse. But it *could* work for a year. The siren song is compelling.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:19 pm    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
if we are giving up 2 firsts, what 2 do you want:

oneale, curry, harris

Unfortunately I think Harris is a given. Nets want to unload him and the Lakers have only so much negotiating leverage.

I still prefer the Lakers find a way to get Claxton if they are forced to send two FRPs.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:

oneale, curry, harris

Unfortunately I think Harris is a given. Nets want to unload him and the Lakers have only so much negotiating leverage.

I still prefer the Lakers find a way to get Claxton if they are forced to send two FRPs.

Pretty sure that isn't possible. Lakers receiving a player in a sign and trade hardcaps them. You aren't going to fit Bron/AD/Kyrie/Claxton into a hardcap.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Throw in THT and Nunn and get Harris and Curry
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:28 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
I wonder if the hold up is moving Harris to a third team that can absorb him into cap space, maybe with the Lakers and Nets each sending a distant crappy second

Seems like a Spursy guy, right?

The Nets were talking about trading Harris to Charlotte before Bridges went crazy. He should be easy for the Lakers to flip to the Hornets for Oubre and somebody like Kai Jones.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-brooklyn-nets-exploring-joe-183035861.html
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inverse wrote:
I would love to keep THT and Nunn out of all Irving trades. I might be in the very small minority but I still feel like THT has a really bright future in this league. He just was a terrible fit next to both Russ and LeBron. With that said, if we can somehow get Kyrie and Joe Harris for Russ and 1 FRP, and sign Thomas Bryant, I think we are in a healthy position to contend next season

PG: Kyrie Irving/Kendrick Nunn
SG: Joe Harris/Lonnie Walker
SF: LeBron James/THT (?)
PF: Anthony Davis/JTA/Carmelo (?)
C: Thomas Bryant/Damian Jones

Thats not a bad team at all. Much improved compared to last season. Still have a glaring weakness without having a 6'8 3 and D guy, but that was going to be a tough hole to fix with the tools we had at our disposal this off season. If Rob somehow pulls off this roster, we're in a great spot

Now assume that Lebron, Davis, and Irving play 50 games each and that Bryant plays 40. Further assume that some of these injuries affect the playoffs (i.e., no "everyone is healthy for the playoffs" assumptions). How good of a team is that?

I really, truly don't mean to be Debbie Downer. I can see the appeal of that roster, if it is possible to make the moves. But there is no depth at all. If the injury gods are mean to us, it could be ugly. I could respect the fact that we're going for a title, but we might just be covering over the fact that we lack a sustainable base and in fact are just making things worse. But it *could* work for a year. The siren song is compelling.

That's a very realistic concern for sure but for a single FRP it's worth the gamble imo at least.. If one of Bron or Irving is healthy the Lakers at least have a solid chance at beating anyone in the regular season unlike how it was with Russ where we had no real chance. If they want more then that and are looking to slaughter us in a trade and Rob is holding his ground then i'm also cool with that as well. If they want more then we better be getting some good players back as well like Seth or Claxton.

Like you said if the big 3 aren't mostly healthy heading into the Playoffs it likely wont matter anyways but at least with Kyrie and Bron, you have two guys capable of keeping us afloat for a few games here and there when necessary. I'm all for the trade but still a bit on the fence when we start adding more pieces.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:31 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Capehorn wrote:

His season ending ankle injury

Yea he had ankle ligament reconstructive surgery 3 months ago.
Agent thinks he'll be ready by training camp.
But after Grant Hill, I'm always weary of ankle surgeries.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:37 pm    Post subject:

dj1337 wrote:

i would like to see Rob actually negotiate for once and not just give a team what it wants.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:39 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
dj1337 wrote:

i would like to see Rob actually negotiate for once and not just give a team what it wants.

We actually need Harris tho.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:43 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
dj1337 wrote:

Yeah but he’s worthless if he’s not healthy.

As someone else said, negotiate and have them include Seth Curry as well. Compensation for taking on Harris’s contract.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Now Rob's being stingy so nobody wants to make a fair deal. Everybody wants to win in a deal with Rob. If that's the case, then let's just stay put and play out the season with Brick.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:51 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:

oneale, curry, harris

Pretty sure that isn't possible. Lakers receiving a player in a sign and trade hardcaps them. You aren't going to fit Bron/AD/Kyrie/Claxton into a hardcap.

At some point they have to commit. Lakers need the best roster they can get on the court. One with depth and a realistic opportunity to compete.

If they choose to include one or two FRPs. They better believe they can do it.
Commit to a team and let it ride. At this point being hard capped is just another issue to accept and navigate the best they can.

If Irving is worth it this trade as so many keep saying. And James and Davis are the leaders and players they are supposed to be. If all the Klutch young players are worth their contracts. If the rest of the roster is ready to contribute.

No more excuses. Quit worrying about the “next guy”. Lakers players need to prove they can compete!

Last edited by Four Decade Bandwagon on Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
dj1337 wrote:

As someone else said, negotiate and have them include Seth Curry as well. Compensation for taking on Harris’s contract.

And when Nets say no.. Rob still has nothing
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:08 pm    Post subject:

I have heard several times in reports that the Nets want Reaves…. Would you guys rather trade Reaves and a first of two first round picks and keep Reaves?
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:14 pm    Post subject:

A lot of people are forgetting what Kyrie is. You get him, Harris, and Curry. Win 2 more
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:15 pm    Post subject:

BamBam1031 wrote:
levon wrote:
32 wrote:
ocho wrote:
32 wrote:
Ed Begley says the Lakers are optimistic and a trade could be done as early as tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/SNYNets/status/1543442616854921219?t=JvgbTLfhoCptsgUxHqhCRw&s=19

Reporting from his electric car.

It took me a few minutes. Lol

what am I missing

Ed Begley is an actor that pushes green energy. Ian Begley is the reporter linked above.

Ed Begley is Juror number 10 from the film 12 Angry Men starring Henry Fonda.

Ed Begley, Jr. is the tall lanky blonde who was in St. Elsewhere and more recently played Clifford Main in Better Call Saul

He's the one known for the electric car.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:15 pm    Post subject:

cital wrote:
I have heard several times in reports that the Nets want Reaves…. Would you guys rather trade Reaves and a first of two first round picks and keep Reaves?

I'll trade whatever. The timeline will be Kyrie and AD. We sill reset in 5 years
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
dj1337 wrote:

We don't know Rob's constraints - chiefly, the budget he's been allotted.

Kyrie + Joe for WB + THT saves the Lakers $1.7 million (not including luxury tax)

Kyrie + Seth for WB + Nunn saves the Lakers $6.9 million (not including luxury tax)

Kyrie + Joe AND Seth for WB + THT costs the Lakers $6.5 million (not including luxury tax)

I doubt either the Lakers or Brooklyn want to take more than a tiny amount of additional salary, or take on long term contracts.

Contrary to LG opinion, NO OWNER - even the sainted Lacob partnership - wants to lose money and ALL owners would like to turn a consistent profit.

For all of the "Jenny is too cheap/mom & pop Lakers need a syndicate of billionaires type ownership" crowd, the Lakers outspent:

- Dallas
- Boston
- Miami
- Phoenix
- Denver
and 20 other teams.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8299, 8300, 8301 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 8300 of 8560
Jump to: