The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1814, 1815, 1816 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:36 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
How in his right mind has he not demanded a trade.

He's 38 next season, I don't care what anyone thinks he is about to fall off a cliff fast, the guy keeps getting hurt. If he doesn't win a ring next year to tie Kobe he never will. He's not going to be better two seasons from now.

This is not a championship roster, not even close. Is he really going to waste his last good year losing for 3 straight seasons?

It was a success. For the rest of his life, he will be a Lakers champion and no one can take that away and we got number 17. Now we need to rebuild now and he needs number 5. Neither of that will happen next year or ever if he is still here.

what is everyone in this organization thinking? You are not a championship roster if Westbrook is the starting PG

Why demand a trade? Living in California with money is great. Who says winning is his priority?

My guess is Lebron himself doesn't think winning is a lost cause. I suspect he feels if he and AD stay healthy they will always have a shot.

Lol they do not though.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:21 am    Post subject:

He doesn't have to demand a trade. He's leaving to whatever team drafts Bronny.

Maybe trading LBJ for KD isn't a bad idea
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject:

Trade lebron, ad, and Westbrook, and first rounder, for KD, Irving, and Simmons
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:48 am    Post subject:

Mama there goes that man ... Mark jackson

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:54 am    Post subject:

Remember this folks. Prior to LBJ joining us, I was not a LBJ fan. Openly rooted against him in every Finals.

-But he joined the Lakers when a succession of "stars" rejected us.
-he came without another superstar joining us.
-won a ring.
-when the going got tough, unlike KD who has 4 more years on his deal, he didn't demand a trade.

Yes, he's unduly influenced the FO (Russ) and he could give a lot more effort out there (but then again he's 37). But this is why I have to tip my hat to LBJ once he leaves.

KD's a snake, and he flees at the first sight of trouble. Not a surprise that teams that have Steph/LBJ seem to win more titles than KD's teams.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:09 am    Post subject:

LeBron won a championship on every team he's been part of.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:15 am    Post subject:

Race to 5
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:46 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
How in his right mind has he not demanded a trade.

He's 38 next season, I don't care what anyone thinks he is about to fall off a cliff fast, the guy keeps getting hurt. If he doesn't win a ring next year to tie Kobe he never will. He's not going to be better two seasons from now.

This is not a championship roster, not even close. Is he really going to waste his last good year losing for 3 straight seasons?

It was a success. For the rest of his life, he will be a Lakers champion and no one can take that away and we got number 17. Now we need to rebuild now and he needs number 5. Neither of that will happen next year or ever if he is still here.

what is everyone in this organization thinking? You are not a championship roster if Westbrook is the starting PG

Why demand a trade? Living in California with money is great. Who says winning is his priority?

My guess is Lebron himself doesn't think winning is a lost cause. I suspect he feels if he and AD stay healthy they will always have a shot.

Lol they do not though.

Ah, I guess you're one of those people who think they can unerringly predict the future. Don't waste your time here. Focus on the stock market
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Remember this folks. Prior to LBJ joining us, I was not a LBJ fan. Openly rooted against him in every Finals.

-won a ring.
-when the going got tough, unlike KD who has 4 more years on his deal, he didn't demand a trade.

Yes, he's unduly influenced the FO (Russ) and he could give a lot more effort out there (but then again he's 37). But this is why I have to tip my hat to LBJ once he leaves.

KD's a snake, and he flees at the first sight of trouble. Not a surprise that teams that have Steph/LBJ seem to win more titles than KD's teams.

Agree with all of this. Will add that he won said ring in the immediate year that followed Kobe's untimely passing. I will never forget that.

Lakers were a dumpster fire before he came here and we will be once again when he leaves. People blaming him/Klutch for our misfortunes, how were we doing right before he got here? Horrible.

Lakers will always have the legacy and be the marquee LA franchise, but the fact is our current FO is just not very good.

We were fortunate to have him.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:04 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

-won a ring.

Bron, on video said last year wasn’t a failure. He got his numbers on a horrid team. He isn’t leaving LA , not because he’s toughing it out it’s because kaj is coming and LA has given him everything post career he was looking for.

He’s not asking foratrade because he doesn’t want one. He doesn’t care.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

-won a ring.

Bron, on video said last year wasn’t a failure. He got his numbers on a horrid team. He isn’t leaving LA , not because he’s toughing it out it’s because kaj is coming and LA has given him everything post career he was looking for.

He’s not asking foratrade because he doesn’t want one. He doesn’t care.

chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:00 pm    Post subject:

I believe Lebron is gone before the start of this season.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:26 am    Post subject:

We know what she meant. Team over individual
https://twitter.com/jeaniebuss/status/1543839959668297729?s=12
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:39 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

Like a moth to a flame
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:45 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Like a moth to a flame

I know right? I post and just watch them flutter.

#freekyrie
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:49 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

Imagine if LBJ didn’t bail out Jeanie and we are in year 9 of the rebuild.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Too many variables to be so certain the Lakers are still in a rebuild IMO. It is easy to think they could be another Memphis , Atlanta up and coming team.

Who knows what could have been done with the young players and picks squandered over the past four years. Or the decisions made differently in trades or old vet signings to support the all in win now James plan.

Too many alternative universes to consider. Not all of them have James as the Savior.

Who would they have drafted? Who would of signed with the Lakers? How would the young players have developed chemistry together? I tend to believe the rebuild was gaining traction. Vet players other then James were taking notice and “may” have been the key addition.

Let’s not forget that other marquee vets chose not to sign with the Lakers after James did. How different could the roster have looked? We will never know.

Signing James led to a championship. We can be appreciative. But it also led to one of the most disappointing underachieving teams the Lakers organization, perhaps NBA has ever seen. Both count.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:31 am    Post subject:

If Lebron is unwilling to sign an extension then I believe the Lakers are smart not to spend anymore draft capital.

At some point they need to start thinking about the long term future of the team. I can just see them spend 1-2 picks to dump Westbrook and acquire Kyrie just to see Irving potentially walk out the door with Lebron next summer after an early playoff exit. That could take years to recover from esp with no controllable picks thru the end of the decade.

If it does come to that point where Lebron asks out then simply thank him for #18 and move along. Most Laker fans understand the business esp after the last 4 seasons. I'm guessing this all relates to Jeanie's tweet last night.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Huh? He led us to the lottery before AD. Imagine if jeanie was set on keeping our youth. No bubble title, probably another trip to lotto vs 1st round bounce.

remember it is not Jeanie or Rob claiming last season wasn't a failure. Only 1 player did that.

Keep it real. I have never stated anything false about bronzo. just things that his stans hate to recognize.

#freekyrie
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:02 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Huh? He led us to the lottery before AD. Imagine if jeanie was set on keeping our youth. No bubble title, probably another trip to lotto vs 1st round bounce.

remember it is not Jeanie or Rob claiming last season wasn't a failure. Only 1 player did that.

Keep it real. I have never stated anything false about bronzo. just things that his stans hate to recognize.

#freekyrie

No title huh?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:04 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

#freekyrie

No title huh?

not without AD.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:04 am    Post subject:

And that’s the whole point? Our YUTES were years away from a title and still are.
coldzim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
As a Laker since 2018, LeBron has these stats in 223 games playing with the purple and gold:

27 PPG, 8.0 RPG, and 8.2 APG with a shooting split of 50.9/35.3/70.1 while playing 35.2 MPG. His EFG% is 56.8% and TS% is 59.6% which are both higher than the league average from 2018-2022.

Even in his mid to late thirties, he's still averaging what he usually averages in his entire career. That's just insane longevity.

Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:44 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

-won a ring.

I don’t understand why you must make it a point to tell us you weren’t a Lebron fan before.

Those succession of stars that turned us down was a different situation all together. We had no plan no assets no nothing. Lebron came knowing we would have 3 max slots and our young players were slowly turning into severely valuable assets.

He played 1 season alone. AD arrived a year later - and then they almost got KL. THAT is why he came. Not to “save us”. How naive do you have to be to believe Lebron would come to save the Laker franchise? He came to the best situation where he could build another super team.

Didn’t leave when the going got tough? We have given him everything and mortgaged our entire future for him. We have paid Klutch guys..we have found Rich Paul a gf in Adele..what more does he want? What got tough? He broke records last year and we didn’t break the playoffs. We got him Westbrook when 99% of the league knew the guy was washed. His scenario is nothing like KDs.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:59 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

-won a ring.

I don’t understand why you must make it a point to tell us you weren’t a Lebron fan before.

Those succession of stars that turned us down was a different situation all together. We had no plan no assets no nothing. Lebron came knowing we would have 3 max slots and our young players were slowly turning into severely valuable assets.

He played 1 season alone. AD arrived a year later - and then they almost got KL. THAT is why he came. Not to “save us”. How naive do you have to be to believe Lebron would come to save the Laker franchise? He came to the best situation where he could build another super team.

Didn’t leave when the going got tough? We have given him everything and mortgaged our entire future for him. We have paid Klutch guys..we have found Rich Paul a gf in Adele..what more does he want? What got tough? He broke records last year and we didn’t break the playoffs. We got him Westbrook when 99% of the league knew the guy was washed. His scenario is nothing like KDs.

this.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1814, 1815, 1816 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1815 of 2079
Jump to: