Congrats Mac McClung - former Lakers G-League Rookie of Years Signs Deal with Warriors

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:22 pm    Post subject: Congrats Mac McClung - former Lakers G-League Rookie of Years Signs Deal with Warriors

After the Lakers let him him walk during Summer League, McLung was picked up by the Warrior's summer league team where he turned in one amazing performance after another, and became a crowd favorite.

The reigning champs were very impressed, signed him to a 1 year deal (non-guaranteed) and now he has a chance to make their roster.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:57 am    Post subject:

Good for him. Seems Pippen Jr. took his spot with the lakers (and I agree with that), and he not only landed on his feet, he upgraded his status. Good for him and good luck to him.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:41 am    Post subject:

Recent SBL Point Guards: Gary Payton Jr. - John Stockton Jr. - Mac McClung - Scottie Pippen Jr.

LBJ Jr is a PG, right?

Something is out of place there

(also, congrats to Mac!)
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:01 am    Post subject:

Congrats to Mac. But he's on a non-guaranteed deal so he still has to earn it again.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Yep I was happy for Mac when I read about this. Nice opportunity for him to make some money and earn a perm NBA spot.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:41 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Good for him. Seems Pippen Jr. took his spot with the lakers (and I agree with that), and he not only landed on his feet, he upgraded his status. Good for him and good luck to him.

Interesting, I had the opposite feel. I thought Pippen Jr has done little to show he's worth a spot, while McClung won a RS game late last year and his play for Warriors show he's far more ready to get some minutes in the NBA next year.

I thought just the last 2 wins in the RS alone were enough to get McClung, Monk and Reaves a return, but I was wrong. No continuity with our franchise. The chemistry was pretty good between the 3 of them especially in that Denver win, last game of the season. Sad we should have tried harder to keep some of them together to get some continuity into this season.

Honest, if his name is not Pippen, would Pelinka even have signed him?

The other thing, McClung showed some SG skills, dual PG/SG play. That's the sort of guy we need around Lebron, Pippen Jr. is a guy you take a chance on if you're in a complete re-build with no star dominating the ball, IMO. Even then, not sure the upside of taking a guy with questionable decision making and a ball dominant game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:53 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Interesting, I had the opposite feel. I thought Pippen Jr has done little to show he's worth a spot, while McClung won a RS game late last year and his play for Warriors show he's far more ready to get some minutes in the NBA next year.

I thought just the last 2 wins in the RS alone were enough to get McClung, Monk and Reaves a return, but I was wrong. No continuity with our franchise. The chemistry was pretty good between the 3 of them especially in that Denver win, last game of the season. Sad we should have tried harder to keep some of them together to get some continuity into this season.

The other thing, McClung showed some SG skills, dual PG/SG play. That's the sort of guy we need around Lebron, Pippen Jr. is a guy you take a chance on if you're in a complete re-build with no star dominating the ball, IMO. Even then, not sure the upside of taking a guy with questionable decision making and a ball dominant game.

I too would have taken Mac over Pippen. Passed my eye-test more than Pip and has a better story (who else heard about Mac when he was tearing through Varsity HS in 2016).
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:24 pm    Post subject:

he always travels when he goes up for a layup/dunk. i guess they don't call the 3 step gather a travel anymore.
Cedceb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:24 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

100% agree.

Pelinka made the wrong choice keeping Pippen Jr over MM
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: