NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 120, 121, 122 ... 2543, 2544, 2545  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
I would do

THT
Gabriel (for matching salaries)
2023 2nd Rounder (Chicago or our own)

for Patrick Beverley. I'd even throw in a distant second for Ainge's pick fetish, or Stanley instead of Gabriel.

Only in that case would I do Russ + the 2 firsts for Buddy and Turner.

Beverley/Nunn/Christie
Buddy/Reaves/LW4
Lebron/JTA/TBJ/Stanley
AD/Lebron/Swider
Turner/TB/Jones

I'd still look to trade one of Nunn or LW4 at the deadline for a more balanced fit, ideally at the 4.

That team I can see, health-permitting, as a 3 seed below GS and Phoenix. You have shooting, spacing, size, switchability, and secondary and tertiary playmaking in Ham's system.

Levon, buddy, unless your a fan of Beverley’ game, which I’m not a fan of.

I feel THT, if he worked on his game this summer, will contribute more than Beverley. Beverley is just a loud mouth, annoying player. Sure he can play some defense but he’s not worth THT + Gabriel + 2nd round pick.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Logical Inspector wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
The infamous cuffs on Twitter who is close with LeBron is suggesting that Laker fans are getting frustrated for no reason basically hinting that there is gonna be moves coming that will give us excitement.

IG interpretation is way different than the actual meaning behind the said tweet.

No lol, he tweeted that Laker fans should relax so I figured he got wind that the Lakers are working on moves no one is trying to change the context.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:14 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
levon wrote:
I would do

THT
Gabriel (for matching salaries)
2023 2nd Rounder (Chicago or our own)

for Patrick Beverley. I'd even throw in a distant second for Ainge's pick fetish, or Stanley instead of Gabriel.

Only in that case would I do Russ + the 2 firsts for Buddy and Turner.

Beverley/Nunn/Christie
Buddy/Reaves/LW4
Lebron/JTA/TBJ/Stanley
AD/Lebron/Swider
Turner/TB/Jones

I'd still look to trade one of Nunn or LW4 at the deadline for a more balanced fit, ideally at the 4.

That team I can see, health-permitting, as a 3 seed below GS and Phoenix. You have shooting, spacing, size, switchability, and secondary and tertiary playmaking in Ham's system.

Levon, buddy, unless your a fan of Beverley’ game, which I’m not a fan of.

I feel THT, if he worked on his game this summer, will contribute more than Beverley. Beverley is just a loud mouth, annoying player. Sure he can play some defense but he’s not worth THT + Gabriel + 2nd round pick.

There's credible analytics to suggest Beverley is actually more valuable to a team than Kyrie Irving. He's a really, really valuable player that can be had for relatively cheap and I think there's a quiet little market of smart GMs bidding for his services.

I'm with you, (bleep) his antics. But this team desperately needs a player like him. Think of him like the Danny Green or Caruso from 2020, just far more abrasive. And he's an expiring, and super tradeable if you re-sign him.

THT doesn't fit. Sure, we might be kicking ourselves if he turns out to be some kind of stellar player. But he projects as a high usage guy who's thus far been really inefficient. We need the exact opposite: a low usage highly efficient guy. Is he going to become completely different in an offseason?
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, I can give a rats azz to what Cuffs, Wojo, Shams, Windy, Chaz the bartender, the dbag about the Kwame "wait for it" dinner, etc. Nobody knows NOTHING. Just sit back and go under the auspice that the team will be different at the start of the season than it is now. I am scared to hell because Rob (who seems like a good dude), is a HORRIBLE GM. The nice thing is we are at a point where Rob can no longer squander assets because we have little to none remaining.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:19 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
the speed at which we've convinced ourselves that Utah's mediocre perimeter castoffs are worth 2 FRPs is very troubling. Hopefully FO isn't as shortsighted.

I would honestly rather let Westbrook expire than trade for Bojan/Beverly/Clarkson pupu platter.

I think people need to wrap their head around one of two outcomes: we either trade both picks to dump Russ AND get back valuable players or we start the season with Russ as a starter. It’s one or the other. We’ve been dangling the Russ and 1 FRP package and nobody is interested.

Play the season with Russ and if nothing is there at the deadline, use cap space next season to bring in 1-2 role players.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:27 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
the speed at which we've convinced ourselves that Utah's mediocre perimeter castoffs are worth 2 FRPs is very troubling. Hopefully FO isn't as shortsighted.

I would honestly rather let Westbrook expire than trade for Bojan/Beverly/Clarkson pupu platter.

I think people need to wrap their head around one of two outcomes: we either trade both picks to dump Russ AND get back valuable players or we start the season with Russ as a starter. It’s one or the other. We’ve been dangling the Russ and 1 FRP package and nobody is interested.

Play the season with Russ and if nothing is there at the deadline, use cap space next season to bring in 1-2 role players.

Okay… but u still have to trade THT, Nunn for better role players of need. That is if u want to at least compete.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:30 pm    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
gng930 wrote:
joeblow wrote:
levon wrote:
You don't empty your cupboard for Beverley, Bojan, and Reddish. If that's the best deal available for 2 first rounders, wait until the deadline or even Christmas when you would have paid off some of Westbrook and teams are clearer about blowing it up vs contending.

For the second time, no one is saying we should use 2 FRPs for any of the trade packages we speculate on acquiring, let alone this one.

It'll cost a FRP to get rid of Westbrook. Why do people keep ignoring that simple (sad) fact?

You should check your post earlier at 7:54AM.

joeblow wrote:
If the Lakers can snag Bogdonovich, Reddish and Pat Bev for Westbrook and the two FRPs, I would be very pleased with this off season.

I never advocated including 2 FRPs in the deal to be honest. As you noted, it was only an imagined machination that would work under the CBA rules. Would any of those teams do it? Who knows? It ultimately comes down to the picks probably.

I probably wouldn't include 2 FRPs either. Although there are pie-in-the-sky scenarios where all 3 of them could close, they each have tangible flaws, Pat's size, Bogs' defense, and Cam's inconsistency/inexperience. You'd still have to depend on at least one of our current players to fill a closing role with no more FRPs to fill that need later.

King Randle wrote:
Not being a d*ck but this is what u posted Joe.

I read these two posts and asked myself, "What in the world are they talking about?"

Now I see what's happening. Maybe it's semantics, but there is likely confusion on what's being stated by all sides.

The quote of mine approving the trade proposal is what I support - no confusion there - but I clearly show that WB is part of it. When it was first challenged, I said that it costs one FRP to ditch WB, and spending one more FRP to get three contributing role players for areas of need is worth it to me.

After that, several posters stated they would not trade two FRPs for a mediocre package of role players. That's when I chimed in two more times to clarify no one says we should do that; it's one FRP to ditch WB and the other one is used for pieces.

Thanks Joe….IMO though 2 FRP’s to get rid of Russ and a return of Bev, Bogs and Reddish is not enough….need to throw in Clarkson or Beasley too.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Nunn has no trade value now, THT might if not for his opt out. I wouldn’t expect a big return for them.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:39 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Nunn has no trade value now, THT might if not for his opt out. I wouldn’t expect a big return for them.

Should have given Monk what we gave Nunn but team option instead of player.

I don't see Nunn being a contributor.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:43 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Got to at least give it a shot…some reports had both of them going to Indy for Turner…..I would do that in a second. Whatever the case they have to explore all avenues.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Speaking of THT some Jazz fans are open to taking on THT for Beverly, would you guys do it?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Speaking of THT some Jazz fans are open to taking on THT for Beverly, would you guys do it?

Pass….Bev maybe bought out and THT is much younger. Bev’s best days are behind him.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:05 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
ocho wrote:
The Westbrook trade that makes us a slam dunk contender doesn’t exist. So now we are talking about doing a trade that takes us out of the play-in tier into the next tier above and hope the two stars and Ham can get something to click to make a run happen. It’s not a great option, but the other option is likely shipping another lottery pick to New Orleans.

Nice Post Ocho!

I would say the bolded unto itself is a sunk cost and t/f not relevant in future decisions. If you were more speaking euphemistically about having a lousy season, yeah .

While no one is looking forward to the prospect of starting the season with Russ, patience imo is better than best bad plan from a set of pre-training camp options.

I guess the question I ask is, what are we being patient for exactly? Cap space next summer? There’s nobody but Kyrie and nobody can know what that guy is going to do. And Lebron will be a year older. Are we being patient for the 27 and 29 draft picks? We don’t know where those picks will land. That’s worth washing our hands of the Lebron/Davis era? When are we going to have two players of this caliber again? A decade? More? If we had our pick next year I’d be more open to having the season we are about to have.

Valid points for sure. To be a little more specific, to me the start of training camp isn't a necessary deadline, even if it has value in avoiding discomfort. The waiting would be to see what other options emerge, and getting a sense of how our own season is going (are we healthy? I have questions about LeBron's durability at this point after watching a season of multiple lower extremity non-contact injuries).

I also happen to believe Russ' expiring and (up to) two firsts will draw a bigger market closer to the deadline. You have tanking teams, teams with shifting financial objectives and teams who just don't like how their season is playing out. We will also know more about it's value proposition to us. That comes with risk. But there are no risk free options here. It's a sell low timeframe at the moment.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Jazz approach is to take Russell, Talen, Kendrick ($63 million) and send out $50 million in salary.

Out of the luxury tax.

Worth 2 unprotected first round picks?
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Knicks first rounders they got from other teams are terrible:

Quote:
2023 first round draft pick from Dallas
Dallas' 1st round pick to New York protected for selections 1-10 in 2023, 1-10 in 2024 and 1-10 in 2025; if Dallas has not conveyed a 1st round pick to New York by 2025, then Dallas will instead convey its 2025 2nd round pick to New York [Dallas-New York, 1/31/2019]

2023 first round draft pick from Detroit
Detroit's 1st round pick to New York protected for selections 1-18 in 2023, 1-18 in 2024, 1-13 in 2025, 1-11 in 2026 and 1-9 in 2027; if Detroit has not conveyed a 1st round pick to New York by 2027, then Detroit will instead convey its 2027 2nd round pick to New York (via Houston to Oklahoma City) [Detroit-Houston, 11/24/2020; Houston-Oklahoma City, 7/30/2021; New York-Oklahoma City, 6/23/2022]

2023 first round draft pick from Washington
Washington's 1st round pick to New York protected for selections 1-14 in 2023, 1-12 in 2024, 1-10 in 2025 and 1-8 in 2026; if Washington has not conveyed a 1st round pick to New York by 2026, then Washington will instead convey its 2026 2nd round pick and 2027 2nd round pick to New York (via Houston to Oklahoma City) [Houston-Washington, 12/2/2020; Houston-Oklahoma City, 7/30/2021; New York-Oklahoma City, 6/23/2022]

But they have their own picks that can be valuable.

Anyone want Toppin, Quickley, Barrett, Randle, Reddish plus 5 firsts for AD?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
ocho wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
ocho wrote:
The Westbrook trade that makes us a slam dunk contender doesn’t exist. So now we are talking about doing a trade that takes us out of the play-in tier into the next tier above and hope the two stars and Ham can get something to click to make a run happen. It’s not a great option, but the other option is likely shipping another lottery pick to New Orleans.

Nice Post Ocho!

I would say the bolded unto itself is a sunk cost and t/f not relevant in future decisions. If you were more speaking euphemistically about having a lousy season, yeah .

While no one is looking forward to the prospect of starting the season with Russ, patience imo is better than best bad plan from a set of pre-training camp options.

I guess the question I ask is, what are we being patient for exactly? Cap space next summer? There’s nobody but Kyrie and nobody can know what that guy is going to do. And Lebron will be a year older. Are we being patient for the 27 and 29 draft picks? We don’t know where those picks will land. That’s worth washing our hands of the Lebron/Davis era? When are we going to have two players of this caliber again? A decade? More? If we had our pick next year I’d be more open to having the season we are about to have.

Valid points for sure. To be a little more specific, to me the start of training camp isn't a necessary deadline, even if it has value in avoiding discomfort. The waiting would be to see what other options emerge, and getting a sense of how our own season is going (are we healthy? I have questions about LeBron's durability at this point after watching a season of multiple lower extremity non-contact injuries).

I also happen to believe Russ' expiring and (up to) two firsts will draw a bigger market closer to the deadline. You have tanking teams, teams with shifting financial objectives and teams who just don't like how their season is playing out. We will also know more about it's value proposition to us. That comes with risk. But there are no risk free options here. It's a sell low timeframe at the moment.

You may be right, but Westbrook’s contract number narrows the field of teams who can make it happen.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Another thing to note with holding onto Russ’s 47m to trade at the deadline in February is that it could potentially lead to a lopsided trade that impacts available roster spots. During the season, teams can only slot up to 15 players at any one time. In the offseason, you can roster up to 20. (Not counting the two 2-way players slots of course).
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Here are some excerpts from Buha's mailbag. It's just his assessment, which is nothing earth shattering. However, you can expect this to echo around the blogosphere, just like the last one.

Quote:
Yes, insofar as I think the ultimate price to trade Westbrook will include attaching two first-round picks. If the Lakers can finagle an alternate outcome — be it a pick swap or two second-round picks — that’s a win for them, in my opinion. That seems unlikely, though, which is why there’s a possibility Westbrook isn’t traded.

Between the two trades mentioned, the Lakers would prefer the Irving option. I think that’s a deal they’d eventually be willing to include two first-round picks for. I don’t think they’d be willing to do so in the Indiana deal.

Quote:
Now, to the second question, there will come a time in which the Lakers have to decide if they’re willing to continue to play hardball and risk missing their window to trade Westbrook. There is a sense among some that training camp is a soft deadline to move Westbrook. If he’s on the roster in late September, there will be a massive off-court distraction, with the media asking about his future, his relationship with James and the organization, Ham’s vision of his role and responsibilities.

Quote:
In terms of likelihood at this moment, I’d rank them as 1) Indiana, 2) Brooklyn, 3) Utah and 4) New York. I think one and two are close, but Indiana seems more open to trading than Brooklyn at this moment. (There’s also a path to a three-way deal with Utah and New York.)

Quote:
The Lakers have already begun exploring other options. They’ve spoken with multiple teams beyond Brooklyn and even Indiana. The rub is that they’re not interested in giving up picks — definitely not two — if it’s not going to dramatically improve the roster. Therefore, unless a hypothetical trade checks that box, the Lakers will likely hold onto Westbrook and seek alternative solutions to their problem.

https://theathletic.com/3476573/2022/08/05/lakers-mailbag-westbrook-trade/

That just sounds like smart thinking to me. We missed the play in last season. It would take dramatic improvement to take a team that couldn’t even make the play in to an actual contender, so giving up both picks for a marginal improvement doesn’t actually help anything and just leaves us bereft in the future. We put ourselves so far behind the 8 ball with the Russ trade we need to insist on trying to hit home runs now to make up for it. That means trying to get trades like the one for Miles/Hield for as little going out as possible so we could potentially make another move to supplement the team further.

If that can’t be done, then the Lakers are likely better off just not doing anything and letting Russ come off the books if he can’t be moved by the deadline. Maybe Ham can even get through to him and we wildly outperform expectations (not likely, but still a hope).
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:39 pm    Post subject:

I rather have the Utah players and depth over Indy players

Bogs
Pat bev
Clarkson
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:42 pm    Post subject:

I would love:

Pat
Bojan
Beasley
Cam

In that 3 way trade
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:44 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
I would love:

Pat
Bojan
Beasley
Cam

In that 3 way trade

What more does Cam Reddish have to do to convince you guys that he stinks?
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:01 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
I would love:

Pat
Bojan
Beasley
Cam

In that 3 way trade

Beasley over Clarkson?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:01 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

I feel like i was one of the first people to wrap their head around this. But to me it's only worth doing if the trade improves the team enough to where we're a semi-contender. The Turner/Hield trade is the only one i've seen so far that's worth 2 1sts or possibly even 1. Kyrie i would do for one 1st even though i think we're not a serious contender with him since we'd still have horrible spacing and mediocre D.

Yeah the Kyrie situation appears to be dead if it was ever alive. The Utah deal doesn’t make much sense. The only one that seems worth it is the Indy deal which I think we will regret not doing.

The team stinks right now and the Westbrook situation likely gets ugly if we bring him into camp. I don’t envision a very fun season.

That might be the best deal available but who do you close with and how far do you see that team getting?

Reaves
Hield
Lebron
AD
Turner

maybe even Stanley Johnson instead of Hield if he can get decent from 3. That’s a huge lineup that can switch and give AD and Lebron space to operate.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:10 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
logical24 wrote:
I would love:

Pat
Bojan
Beasley
Cam

In that 3 way trade

6 points a game. Yeah, I need to be convinced.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:11 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
ocho wrote:
logical24 wrote:
I would love:

Pat
Bojan
Beasley
Cam

In that 3 way trade

6 points a game. Yeah, I need to be convinced.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 120, 121, 122 ... 2543, 2544, 2545  Next
Page 121 of 2545
Jump to: