Video: Los Angeles ‘Flash Mob’ Loots 7-Eleven

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:14 pm    Post subject: Video: Los Angeles ‘Flash Mob’ Loots 7-Eleven

This is crazy stuff.

Quote:
Surveillance footage captured the moment when a flash mob of looters burst into a Los Angeles 7-Eleven. According to LAPD, about 100 young people entered the store after being involved in an earlier morning illegal street takeover, where motorists flooded the intersection to block off traffic. They destroyed the store and even tried to steal the cash register. However, they all rushed out of the store with their loot before the police got there.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:57 pm    Post subject:

I was speechless when I saw that.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:37 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:

Yeah, I don't know what's going on nowadays. It's like lawlessness out there.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:22 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Yeah, I don't know what's going on nowadays. It's like lawlessness out there.

It is. You hear about people just walking in to Home Depot / Lowes and just run out with stuff while a car waits nearby. Its like a lot of the younger generation has no respect for law. At least back in the days, the thieves would wear a thick jacket or something and hide the item and walk out.
Robblake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:12 pm    Post subject:

one of the few times i advocate for the LEO to beat some ass lol.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Gonna be fun when some of those mirin’s try to cash in any of those lottery scratchers. They are serial numbered and traceable to their point is sale and will come up as stolen.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:47 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Gonna be fun when some of those mirin’s try to cash in any of those lottery scratchers. They are serial numbered and traceable to their point is sale and will come up as stolen.

Boys will be boys.

Jokes aside, that looks like a VERY young crowd. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if this was personal. Someone working there. Some store owner. Ticked off alot of people.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:41 am    Post subject:

LA and Oakland are putting Bott's dots in intersections (the white raised ceramic dots on freeways). They put em on in patterns to make it harder for the hooligans to do circles. At some point, they will find a way to scrape the dots away. Til they're installed on every major intersection, they'll just keep using the open ones til they run out. But it costs taxpayers around 4K to install them on one intersection per news story.

After a Lakers title, a mob looted a store and I remember them catching one about 9-10 months later when he thought it had all blown over. He was pictured carrying a pack of waters. In all honesty, his ex-heina might've tipped the LAPD off if not a coworker. They arrested at his job as a security officer for a company. How's that? They'll get a handful, maybe.

Bott's dots.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:18 am    Post subject:

Some of the faces are clearly identifiable. They're going down.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:27 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Some of the faces are clearly identifiable. They're going down.

There's a big dude with a beard. He is definitely going down.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:02 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
LA and Oakland are putting Bott's dots in intersections (the white raised ceramic dots on freeways). They put em on in patterns to make it harder for the hooligans to do circles. At some point, they will find a way to scrape the dots away. Til they're installed on every major intersection, they'll just keep using the open ones til they run out. But it costs taxpayers around 4K to install them on one intersection per news story.

After a Lakers title, a mob looted a store and I remember them catching one about 9-10 months later when he thought it had all blown over. He was pictured carrying a pack of waters. In all honesty, his ex-heina might've tipped the LAPD off if not a coworker. They arrested at his job as a security officer for a company. How's that? They'll get a handful, maybe.

Bott's dots.

Apparently they were worthless because those guys took it as a challenge.
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/those-newly-installed-botts-dots-didnt-stop-street-takeover-in-compton/2968931/
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:25 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Bott's dots.

Apparently they were worthless because those guys took it as a challenge.
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/those-newly-installed-botts-dots-didnt-stop-street-takeover-in-compton/2968931/

That looks the same intersection in the first video. CAHMP-ton! California knows how to party, I guess. Can't stop it.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:47 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

Bott's dots.

I dont get the appeal of this street takeover shtt at all.
Rather than pay 4k for useless dots.... stiffen up the fines/penalties for vehicles caught doing this. $10k to get your car out of impound. Offer civilians $2k if they snap photos or videos of cars in the act.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:59 pm    Post subject:

What can an owner do in a situation like this?

I kept wanting to turn on the fire extinguishers.. but that would ruin inventory

Maybe an awesome intercom system.. play sirens or police commands

Lock the doors closed trapping them inside until the police arrive

Launch concussion grenades

Have tear gas canisters under the register?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:11 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Boys will be boys.

Jokes aside, that looks like a VERY young crowd. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if this was personal. Someone working there. Some store owner. Ticked off alot of people.

That's a bit of a reach.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:11 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Bott's dots.

Rather than pay 4k for useless dots.... stiffen up the fines/penalties for vehicles caught doing this. $10k to get your car out of impound. Offer civilians $2k if they snap photos or videos of cars in the act.

Our local King Soopers installed
https://www.spottersecurity.com/blog/lot-cop-mobile-security-camera-units/

and zero homeless hang out anywhere in the parking lot or front doors.. it was instantaneous

Install these on intersections and let them know racing is a Felony and no quarter will be given
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:54 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Bott's dots.

Our local King Soopers installed
https://www.spottersecurity.com/blog/lot-cop-mobile-security-camera-units/

and zero homeless hang out anywhere in the parking lot or front doors.. it was instantaneous

Install these on intersections and let them know racing is a Felony and no quarter will be given

Same happened at a 24 hr CVS near me. There used to be homeless people by the doors who would ask every customer for money. Now they're gone. No value judgment there, just stating facts.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:00 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

That's true, and they will have zero clue of that lest they start Googlin. The orange paper tickets also have a unique code for every register or vending machine they come from so the Lotto can determine which store gets the bonus money when some lucky prick wins a jackpot. The owner will assuredly contact Cal Lotto to have that entire batch of tickets voided and anyone dumb enough who wins over 600 bucks and submits a claim form to Cal Lotto will be getting a knock on the door. I think for anything under 600, when the foo' tries to cash it, the clerk will tell them it's void and/or stolen. Then the kid leaves, but his or her visage is captured on another store's security cams and the visage might be a lot clearer than the one from the looting.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:44 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Boys will be boys.

That's a bit of a reach.

Yeah that's a Sonny Liston reach.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:35 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Boys will be boys.

That's a bit of a reach.

Why would they flash mob THAT store then?
There's alot of similar places in LA.
And flash mobs don't happen everyday here.
Maybe you think they are just animals?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:22 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Boys will be boys.

That's a bit of a reach.

Why would they flash mob THAT store then?
There's alot of similar places in LA.
And flash mobs don't happen everyday here.
Maybe you think they are just animals?

Bunch of jackass kids decided to pick some random store. It happens. And if they picked another store you'd ask that same question. I grew up dirt ass poor and could very well have been one of them if a wrong decision was made here or there. We did some stupid, stupid things growing up but fortunately I had an older friend that pulled me away when the stupid could have gotten us in REAL trouble.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: