In Memory of Kobe Bryant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 152, 153, 154 ... 160, 161, 162  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 7:18 am    Post subject:

https://boardroom.tv/body-armor-kobe-bryant-foundation/
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Check out the Mamba Mentality leading into game 7 of the NBA Finals

This guy wasn't joking around. He wasn't trying to make friends in the media so they can write puff pieces about him. He wanted to WIN. He didn't downplay it because it wasn't an epic matchup. The damn job wasn't finished. He no longer cared what anybody thought about him. By 2010, those days were gone.

He just wanted to win at all costs, and he did. And for that, we are forever grateful for all the ups (and the downs) during his two decade tenure with this great franchise.

Missing you Kobe, as usual.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 7:00 pm    Post subject:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbG1L7cILKm/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 8:54 pm    Post subject:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc9MKVZJuqr/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:15 pm    Post subject:

It's been a rough few years without the Mamba, and now that this will get buried in these last pages, I just wanted to share my Mamba story.

I was bartending at a Hotel/Bar in Reno, NV in 2019 and Kobe was staying at our Hotel. Of course, part of working at nicer hotels is you have to practice tons of discretion when famous people are there. So I had heard he was staying there with Gigis Volleyball team. I lost it, he's my dude. I had seen him a few times before in Southern California (where I am from and live now), probably why I was such a fan, but never in an up close and personal situation.

The first night he was in town he walked through the lounge and out on the patio (Hotel is right on the Truckee River). I was trying to get his attention, but you could tell he was just taking a quick walk to check out the place. He had 2 guys about 20 feet from him making sure no one followed him in. We made eye contact and I gave him a big smile and a head nod. He smiled back and I was stoked.

Didn't see him the following day, but on Sunday he and his crew of 2 sat on the patio by the river, and they didn't ask us to, but we closed it off to the public. It's a pretty small spot where he sat, so only another 4 top could fit out there so we just VIPd it for him. They sat out side for about 2 hours, and the server that was at their table had to go to her other job. So I told her I'd keep an eye on them, and let her close out the tab.

After she left, they were outside for about an hour, and when I went to check on them I asked if they needed anything else. Kobes friends said they were good, but Kobe raised up an empty Heineken and motioned for another. I ran back in the bar, and in front of my manager I counted out $7 on the bar in ones. He looked at me like I was crazy, and I said loudly "I am buying this beer". He said "What"? and I repeated emphatically, "I am buying this beer". I took it outside and opened it in front of him and said "Life long Laker fan, thanks for everything Mamba", and then I walked away.

They left about a half hour later and Kobe looked at me from about 15 feet away and said "Thanks man", and left, that was the last time we talked (well only time).

So maybe this a catharsis of some sort, but I just wanted everyone to know I bought Kobe a beer. Thanks for reading, I miss KOBE
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:12 pm    Post subject:

lakeshowtacular wrote:
It's been a rough few years without the Mamba, and now that this will get buried in these last pages, I just wanted to share my Mamba story.

I was bartending at a Hotel/Bar in Reno, NV in 2019 and Kobe was staying at our Hotel. Of course, part of working at nicer hotels is you have to practice tons of discretion when famous people are there. So I had heard he was staying there with Gigis Volleyball team. I lost it, he's my dude. I had seen him a few times before in Southern California (where I am from and live now), probably why I was such a fan, but never in an up close and personal situation.

The first night he was in town he walked through the lounge and out on the patio (Hotel is right on the Truckee River). I was trying to get his attention, but you could tell he was just taking a quick walk to check out the place. He had 2 guys about 20 feet from him making sure no one followed him in. We made eye contact and I gave him a big smile and a head nod. He smiled back and I was stoked.

Didn't see him the following day, but on Sunday he and his crew of 2 sat on the patio by the river, and they didn't ask us to, but we closed it off to the public. It's a pretty small spot where he sat, so only another 4 top could fit out there so we just VIPd it for him. They sat out side for about 2 hours, and the server that was at their table had to go to her other job. So I told her I'd keep an eye on them, and let her close out the tab.

After she left, they were outside for about an hour, and when I went to check on them I asked if they needed anything else. Kobes friends said they were good, but Kobe raised up an empty Heineken and motioned for another. I ran back in the bar, and in front of my manager I counted out $7 on the bar in ones. He looked at me like I was crazy, and I said loudly "I am buying this beer". He said "What"? and I repeated emphatically, "I am buying this beer". I took it outside and opened it in front of him and said "Life long Laker fan, thanks for everything Mamba", and then I walked away.

They left about a half hour later and Kobe looked at me from about 15 feet away and said "Thanks man", and left, that was the last time we talked (well only time).

So maybe this a catharsis of some sort, but I just wanted everyone to know I bought Kobe a beer. Thanks for reading, I miss KOBE

Ngl, my eyes are watering reading that. Can't believe it still hurts so much.
lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:25 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Ngl, my eyes are watering reading that. Can't believe it still hurts so much.

Sometimes it will just catch me out of the blue and I lose it. It's great to have LG and likeminded fans to share the tears with, but man it just aint fair.

JB you've always been a fav of mine here on LG, thanks for reading. May comfort find us soon, and may it find Kobes family too.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:16 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/Da1Only16/status/1536400891237978113?s=20&t=zGFGij7KBDO8nZZLTCpPAw
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:37 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/Thortontucker/status/1538919426833010689?s=20&t=uqrIS7561wnUGF0xufzg6w
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:09 am    Post subject:

lakeshowtacular wrote:

This is awesome, dude.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:24 pm    Post subject:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce7Gp1kM1B3/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Kobe was the reason I love basketball again.
If you are wondering... yes I was losing interest in bball once MJ, PJ and the Bulls parted ways. I was a huge MJ fan. The most memorable game was when MJ met Magic and the Lakers. I remember vividly, Magic was fouled inside the perimeter and while falling down he managed to shoot the ball and ...dang! and-1! However as we know it, the MJ and the Bulls dominated the NBA with 2 threepeats, denying many legends like Ewing, Barkley, Stockton and Malone, Hakeem, the dirty Pistons, and even the Lakers from winning it all. The only time other teams were winning coincided with MJ temporarily retiring after first threepeat.

MJ and PJ certainly stole my heart the way they relate on and off the court. After 2nd threepeat, things changed. Mj retired, PJ left and thus the end of Bulls dynasty. I blamed the mess on the GM that had too much power at the time. I resent the way Bulls were dismantled. I would not watch NBA after MJ and PJ retired and left. But thank goodness, PJ was hired to coach the Lakers. But I was still not interested in watching NBA despite Shaq's dominance on news headline. Not until I learned about a young man named Kobe.

His moves were so similar with those of MJ's and as years go by, more. Since the 2000 I was stuck on Kobe. Having watched Pippen and MJ for so long, I could easily see that PJ "force" young Kobe to be Pippen and Jordan in one body. Sometimes he was fully Pippen, sometimes fully Jordan. And most of the time both. Certainly, Kobe stole my heart even though I was not a Lakers fan.

I watched Lakers because I felt as if I was watching PJ, MJ and Pippen play again together. Although this time, instead of three, there were only PJ and Kobe.

Having watched MJ and Kobe in their respective prime, I treated them as equally good. Each had unique strengths that offset one another "weaknesses". For example, if each team needed a slow but sure comeback, MJ would be good. MJ and the Bulls would slowly and steadily kill you. But the team were in big hole and needed a faster comeback, Kobe would be the best choice. This kid could shoot from all ranges when in zone. MJ could not do that. Not as "regularly" as Kobe could. Besides, Kobe was a proven ball handler throughout his years under PJ.

And MJ himself finally admitted that only Kobe could give him most troubles. In his final game against Lakers as a Wizzards, a prime Kobe presented an almost 40 year old MJ honorly with 55 points. (It could have been more if PJ didn't take him out during his hottest time only to insert him back later when he had cold down).

Thank you Kobe.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:56 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/Real7Talk/status/1541895126250921984?s=20&t=KCvfzW5eTGtcDXK4MxeIcg
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:10 am    Post subject:

Pau practicing his ballet with Bianka Bryant

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:16 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Pau practicing his ballet with Bianka Bryant

an NBA player we can all aspire to be like^^
He may not have been a very big Center but he is a Giant of a Man
His commitment to The Bryant Family is so heartwarming
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:04 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/Mamba_Insider/status/1544754365675831296?s=20&t=PDcwb8EX0LR3U3u2pjkhmA
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:17 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
https://twitter.com/Mamba_Insider/status/1544754365675831296?s=20&t=PDcwb8EX0LR3U3u2pjkhmA

We went 57-25 that year. If Kobe bricks all 7, we would've gone 50-32, tying us for 8th in the conference. Boston would have gone 51-31, meaning they would've had HCA in the Finals if it played out the same.

Hard to see a path toward a ring as the 8th seed . . . we needed HCA against OKC, PHX, and BOS that year
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:51 pm    Post subject:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2022/07/08/kobe-bryant-widow-vanessa-trial-graphic-photos-crash-delayed/10011321002/

If they decide against her they better know his fans are Legion and won't let these scum get away with this.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Halflife wrote:

We went 57-25 that year. If Kobe bricks all 7, we would've gone 50-32, tying us for 8th in the conference. Boston would have gone 51-31, meaning they would've had HCA in the Finals if it played out the same.

Hard to see a path toward a ring as the 8th seed . . . we needed HCA against OKC, PHX, and BOS that year

I still say that he is underrated
Technical Lead
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Anyone else who still hasn't watched the Kobe memorial? I couldn't get myself to after a couple of years. I stay away from any short clips with Kobe as I hate crying and each time I see him especially with Gigi, I just lose it. God, I miss Kobe. I hope you all are doing well.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:23 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/tupacag/status/1546263619570085888?s=21&t=SVwh_a-EppGxseFpGcu5tQ
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Q-Rich told no lies

https://twitter.com/kobehighlight/status/1546638143163486208?s=20&t=NqfzO7s4And4W5JkEs-h3g
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:13 am    Post subject:

Kobe Bryant’s widow, Vanessa, gets her day in court over crash photos: What we know

Quote:
They are seeking to hold the county liable under the so-called Monell doctrine, in which local governments can be held responsible when their employees deprive others of their constitutional rights. Bryant has argued the county failed to adequately train county personnel to ensure they did not take or share photographs of human remains without any legitimate governmental purpose.

Quote:
She wants more, but not necessarily more money. She wants “accountability,” said her attorney, Luis Li.

He said it goes beyond a dollar amount, such as a “public statement” that the county’s actions merited punitive damages.

Another possible motivation for Bryant was hinted at in a post on her Instagram account last October. In the post, she is dressed in a Halloween costume as Cruella de Vil, the fictional character from “101 Dalmatians.”

Bryant quoted de Vil, writing, “They say there are five stages of grief: Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. Well, I'd like to add one more… Revenge.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/kobe-bryants-widow-vanessa-gets-her-day-in-court-over-crash-photos-what-we-know/ar-AA10vBEQ?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBnb7Kz
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:00 am    Post subject:

Lakers GM Rob Pelinka fights through tears at Vanessa Bryant's trial over Kobe crash photos

Quote:
Fighting through tears, Pelinka paused for at least 30 seconds before answering.

“He’s still my best friend,” Pelinka said. “And I feel so grateful. Being friends with Kobe was like having a true superhero as your best friend. He was incredibly loving and courageous. … And a day doesn’t go by where I don’t think about how grateful I am to be chosen as the person who walked side by side with him through 20 years of his NBA journey.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/lakers-gm-rob-pelinka-fights-through-tears-at-vanessa-bryants-trial-over-kobe-crash-photos/ar-AA10ylTS?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBnb7Kz
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:49 am    Post subject:

🕯️🎈 🎈 🎈 🕯️

Happy Birthday
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 152, 153, 154 ... 160, 161, 162  Next
Page 153 of 162
Jump to: