Kyrie Irving - Staying in Dallas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 70, 71, 72  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:08 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:
🦉 Lakers Vino
@VinoUncorked
The “belief” is that the #Lakers are trying to keep as much cap space available next summer for Kyrie Irving when he becomes a free agent.

LA will “try” their best in any trade to not take back any long-term salary past this year.

(via @MikeAScotto on @LateNightLakersSpaces)

😑

Meanwhile they waste possibly LeBron’s last superstar season.

I think that we have already seen Lebron’s last superstar season
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:
@VinoUncorked

The “belief” is that the #Lakers are trying to keep as much cap space available next summer for Kyrie Irving when he becomes a free agent.

LA will “try” their best in any trade to not take back any long-term salary past this year.

😑

If Brooklyn starts out meh, Lakers won’t have to wait til next summer to get Kyrie.

I love your optimism bro. Here, I’ll give it a try…

If Lakers make a meh trade right now, they can wait till next summer to swap it out for a maxed out Ky S&t. All we need is Conley/JC (player opt in) to get the minimum 38m necessary to bring Ky back on a 47.6m BK re-up S&t. Who needs cap space!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:27 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:
@VinoUncorked

😑

If Brooklyn starts out meh, Lakers won’t have to wait til next summer to get Kyrie.

If Lakers make a meh trade right now, they can wait till next summer to swap it out for a maxed out Ky S&t. All we need is Conley/JC (player opt in) to get the minimum 38m necessary to bring Ky back on a 47.6m BK re-up S&t. Who needs cap space!

Oh wow, didn't think it before, the cap space is incase we get hard capped by Kyrie? is this even possible mathematically?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:32 am    Post subject:

The cap spike is 2025. They might be able to convince Kyrie to sign 1+1 to get that new max in 2025, but a 4 year max at 32 years old would trigger over 35 rule. I can see why Kyrie is pressed to sign a 4 year max this off-season or next to avoid the over 35 rule.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:01 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
The cap spike is 2025. They might be able to convince Kyrie to sign 1+1 to get that new max in 2025, but a 4 year max at 32 years old would trigger over 35 rule. I can see why Kyrie is pressed to sign a 4 year max this off-season or next to avoid the over 35 rule.

They changed it - it's the OVER 38 RULE now (scroll to the bottom).
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:37 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

I highly question if there will be a cap spike, TV ratings aren’t increasing. League Pass has cut their asking price as well. It could be continued hangover from the disastrous 2020 season or cord cutting but the numbers have declined.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:34 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:
@VinoUncorked

😑

Oh wow, didn't think it before, the cap space is incase we get hard capped by Kyrie? is this even possible mathematically?

A S&t’d Ky hard caps us at roughly 173m aka cap apron (on a projected 136m salary cap). I’m thinking LA is more interested in the 165m number which is the tax line. But yeah, you don’t need cap space to bring Ky in on his max number. Not only can’t we do it (we don’t have a projected 47.6m in cap space to get him that number), but recall that Miami didn’t have cap space when they brought in a maxed out Butler via S&t. So this would be no different. 😉

FYI: Bron/AD/Ky@max leads to team salary of about 136m just with those three. In this hypothetical, we wound be capped out already in a 136m salary cap. So we have just about 30m to figure out the rest of the roster before hitting the 165m tax line.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:30 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

I highly question if there will be a cap spike, TV ratings aren’t increasing. League Pass has cut their asking price as well. It could be continued hangover from the disastrous 2020 season or cord cutting but the numbers have declined.

Viewership has changed and ratings as Nielsen records them don't capture what the analysts look at. My wife was doing her MBA project focusing on TV about 15 years ago. She interviewed a very senior guy at Warner Brothers TV who told her that monetization was changing because of technology at that networks were going to make money differently, through a variety of subscription services, partnerships and other stuff. She didn't quite "get it" then - but when we started getting things like Disney+ and Apple TV bundled with cell phone service, etc., it clicked.

The networks have figured it out: DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE RATINGS

Quote:
That is why you have seen sourced reporting that anticipates a massive increase when the NBA's current media rights deal expires in 2025, like the one from CNBC's Jabari Young in March that set expectations at $75 billion — more than triple the existing package — even amid another regular-season ratings decline.

"The value is always rising. You have to think about what that means. What the ratings decline means isn't, 'Oh, my goodness, they're all going to go broke.' That's absurd," added Lewis. "What the ratings decline means is you're going to have to make some sacrifices to get as much money as you want to get. Those sacrifices aren't going to be paying players less. They're probably going to have to put some games on Peacock or ESPN+ or one of these platforms that networks are willing to overpay to get programming for."

levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:45 am    Post subject:

Everything in entertainment is being dilluted. There are just so many options. Still, what is probably the only thing America actually still cares to watch live? Sports.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:54 am    Post subject: Kyrie Irving has requested a trade

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1621582468762460161?s=42&t=DkEIAACcmMbC_BM98thx0Q

Get ready boys
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:57 am    Post subject:

Not too long ago they were working on an extension right? That probably means Kyrie was trying to get every penny of his max extension number and Brooklyn refused.
Robblake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:03 am    Post subject:

If rob turns Russ into kyrie… (I know I’m dreaming) then he’d deserve his extension
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:05 am    Post subject:

I would literally cry in happiness
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:05 am    Post subject:

It just seems like Rob would have to do another historic overpay... get rid of all our young talent and future picks to get someone who has as many mental issues as AD has physical issues and as LBJ has age issues.

Talent though is undeniable.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:06 am    Post subject:

The only advantage of moving for him now is that you would get his bird rights. So you could keep him with bird rights AND also have bird rights for Reaves and Rui. You could use the MMLE to bring back TBryant and have some early bird rights on Gabriel. You'd have some roster continuity something we didn't have with the last big 3 expriment. We'd have better than vet min talent around them with TBryant, Rui, Reaves. We'd be able to probably bring back LW4 as well.

So something like TBryant/AD/Bron/Reaves/Kyrie + Gabriel/Rui/Walker this year and next.

Is that worth giving up FRP/FRPs? I dunno. That's a totally different question all together, but to move for Kyrie now if you plan on trying to sign him anyway in the summer would be far better for the Lakers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:06 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Not too long ago they were working on an extension right? That probably means Kyrie was trying to get every penny of his max extension number and Brooklyn refused.

Ding ding ding.

BKN refuses to commit to Kyrie. I think that ass kicking by Foston made it extra clear.

Laker pov - just becareful because anyone who says they know that Kyrie is committed to basketball is lying. So it’s a risk to give up those FRPs.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:10 am    Post subject:

Lol

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1621582468762460161

Last edited by Nash Vegas on Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:12 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
The only advantage of moving for him now is that you would get his bird rights. So you could keep him with bird rights AND also have bird rights for Reaves and Rui. You could use the MMLE to bring back TBryant and have some early bird rights on Gabriel. You'd have some roster continuity something we didn't have with the last big 3 expriment. We'd have better than vet min talent around them with TBryant, Rui, Reaves. We'd be able to probably bring back LW4 as well.

So something like TBryant/AD/Bron/Reaves/Kyrie + Gabriel/Rui/Walker this year and next.

Is that worth giving up FRP/FRPs? I dunno. That's a totally different question all together, but to move for Kyrie now if you plan on trying to sign him anyway in the summer would be far better for the Lakers.

If you can get Kyrie and keep Thomas Bryant, Reaves, Rui, Wenyen, and Lonnie... then it's worth losing two first round picks.

Kyrie is the only one I'd say this about... not Buddy and Myles.

It could blow up in our faces, but at least he's a transcendent talent.
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

Woj on ESPN Just In saying Lakers are in play.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nash Vegas wrote:
Lol

They can have WB straight up.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:14 am    Post subject:

WB, 2029#1 for Kyrie and salary ballast is my final offer.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:15 am    Post subject:

Not a fan of Kyrie the pseudo-intellectual anti-vaxxer, but as a basketball player there's no doubt getting him would be like getting Gasol in 2008 in terms of impact.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:18 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
WB, 2029#1 for Kyrie and salary ballast is my final offer.

i'd give them 2 with 1 protected if they add Curry to match salary, or 2 FRPs for Kyrie and O'neal.
however, i am concerned about his baggage.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:18 am    Post subject:

IG!!! U did it!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:22 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

If you can get Kyrie and keep Thomas Bryant, Reaves, Rui, Wenyen, and Lonnie... then it's worth losing two first round picks.

Kyrie is the only one I'd say this about... not Buddy and Myles.

It could blow up in our faces, but at least he's a transcendent talent.

The fact that he's 30, and that's AD's age, which is 8 years younger than Bron, is what I think the Lakers would view it as. 2 younger-mid career stars in AD/Kyrie teaming up. A team of Kyrie/AD is still considerably good, as shown in BRK. Kyrie/KD when they actually suit up, won a lot of games.

Now it may seem I am for the move. I'm not sure I can say until I know the price tag, the amount of $$$ needed to shell out to Kyrie in FA. Etc. If it's to give Kyrie, Bradley Beal money (Or that range). Hell no. If it's a 3 year deal, with a team option in year 3, it's a different thing. How many picks?

One things for sure, I can't see us pass up trying to sign Kyrie in FA. In which case, if you think about that, it means the Lakers would need to let go of all their bird right FAs to make that happen (Rui, Reaves, etc). If that's something we really intend on doing, we should just make the deal now and trade for him. If we have no intention of trying to sign him in the summer, then obviously we shouldn't try to trade for him (unless it's WB for Kyrie straight up with some second rounders involved on our end given up to the Nets).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 33 of 72
Jump to: