ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 402, 403, 404 ... 437, 438, 439  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:00 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Will you guys be happy for LA if the Rams, Dodgers and Clippers all won championships this year? I think currently all three teams are favored in their respective sport to win it all.

I don't follow Baseball so not sure about that but in the NFL the Rams are a fairly distant 4th place currently as favorites to win it all. I def. wouldn't pick them but no doubt they still have a solid chance. The Bills and Bucs are way up there as Favorites.

The Clippers last time I checked were coming in about 5-6th as most likely to win it all. When you have PG and especially Kawhi as your Superstars that's not a great bet either imo but if a miracle happens and both of those guys remain healthy through the entire Season and can play big minutes all Playoffs long then they def. have a good shot.

I wouldn't be happy with any of them winning personally (outside of the Dodgers as I have zero interest in the entire sport) but i'm sure there's some here that will be.

That's why I meant by being "favored". They don't have to be the team with the best odds like the Dodgers. They could just be 4th best odds like the Rams or 6th best odds like the Clippers. The important thing here they all have "good" odds of winning it all.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:33 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
hype wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Will you guys be happy for LA if the Rams, Dodgers and Clippers all won championships this year? I think currently all three teams are favored in their respective sport to win it all.

I don't follow Baseball so not sure about that but in the NFL the Rams are a fairly distant 4th place currently as favorites to win it all. I def. wouldn't pick them but no doubt they still have a solid chance. The Bills and Bucs are way up there as Favorites.

The Clippers last time I checked were coming in about 5-6th as most likely to win it all. When you have PG and especially Kawhi as your Superstars that's not a great bet either imo but if a miracle happens and both of those guys remain healthy through the entire Season and can play big minutes all Playoffs long then they def. have a good shot.

I wouldn't be happy with any of them winning personally (outside of the Dodgers as I have zero interest in the entire sport) but i'm sure there's some here that will be.

That's why I meant by being "favored". They don't have to be the team with the best odds like the Dodgers. They could just be 4th best odds like the Rams or 6th best odds like the Clippers. The important thing here they all have "good" odds of winning it all.

Eff the Clippers.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:50 pm    Post subject:

If Ballmer owned the Lakers, I’d be far more comfortable with the team trading two firsts to improve this season. I fully expect they wouldn’t given the current available options (and expect they wouldn’t have painted themselves into the corner we have). But the relative strength of your ownership position dictates a lot.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
hype wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Eff the Clippers.

First off I fully agree EFF THE CLIPPERS all day everyday!

Secondly, I guess that's more opinion based then because once you pass the top 2-3 teams in both sports there's a good hand full or more of teams you can have all huddled up in that next tier so I wouldn't count the Rams or the Clippers as "favored". There more so in that next tier where if the top few teams don't play up to expectations or get riddled with injuries and everything goes great for them then they have a shot.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:21 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
hype wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Eff the Clippers.

Secondly, I guess that's more opinion based then because once you pass the top 2-3 teams in both sports there's a good hand full or more of teams you can have all huddled up in that next tier so I wouldn't count the Rams or the Clippers as "favored". There more so in that next tier where if the top few teams don't play up to expectations or get riddled with injuries and everything goes great for them then they have a shot.

Rams are top tier. Nfl.com has them ranked #2. Vegas has them 4th favorite.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:30 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
hype wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
hype wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Eff the Clippers.

Agree to disagree I guess.. I think any of the top 7 teams at least have a very valid chance in the NFL especially though. In Vegas the Bills are +600 favorites while the Rams are +1100 right there with the Packers. That's a pretty large gap and pretty much spot on imo as well but guessing this early on is borderline pointless anyways since so much will change by Season's end.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:56 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
hype wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
hype wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Eff the Clippers.

Vegas has the Clippers 4th favorite
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Looks like Momo is off Ballmer's payroll....

https://twitter.com/malika_andrews/status/1572402538321969153

Also, while we're in this thread, it looks like the cLips have a soft local TV deal with KTLA.

https://twitter.com/LAClippers/status/1572239240507031552
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:52 pm    Post subject:

with geniuses like Rob and all managing the team, it is just a matter of time.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:30 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
with geniuses like Rob and all managing the team, it is just a matter of time.

Lawrence Frank won an Executive of the Year award in 2020.
Rob won a championship in 2020.

Which do you prefer?

For all of the pissing & moaning here, the Clippers' legacy during Rob's tenure is massive playoff chokes & a roster full of damaged goods.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:21 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/bj_metta/status/1572575045092016128?s=46&t=ipT0w9kFxpCnAU2K2cq13A

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:27 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Looks like Momo is off Ballmer's payroll....

https://twitter.com/malika_andrews/status/1572402538321969153

Also, while we're in this thread, it looks like the cLips have a soft local TV deal with KTLA.

https://twitter.com/LAClippers/status/1572239240507031552

Yeah V, Momo had that 1 year payroll with others like Woj broadcasting clipper propaganda. Skip and ESPN people getting clippers jerseys It was pretty obvious when Momo got booted from the payroll.

As for TV, I’m sure this is the “we are streetlights not spotlight” type initiative for the hard working people who can’t afford cable or streaming services.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:20 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Kawhi Leonard has full clearance for 5-on-5 play, Clippers say, approaching 500 days since we last saw Leonard in an NBA game.

Via Marc Steinberg
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:13 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Kawhi Leonard has full clearance for 5-on-5 play, Clippers say, approaching 500 days since we last saw Leonard in an NBA game.

Via Marc Steinberg

I’m guessing this is his final surge. He probably retires if he gets hurt again.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:33 am    Post subject:

Anyone who is away from basketball for 500 days will never be what they were. I expect Leonard to be pretty bad this season.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:36 am    Post subject:

Did we dodge a bullet when Kawhi signed with the Clippers over the Lakers?

500 days.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:49 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

500 days.

Yes. Then we got slayed by the Russ bullet.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:50 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:

Via Marc Steinberg

It sure looks like his degenerative tendinopathy became proliferative elephantitis #TheKawhiQuadndry

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1571938424600526850

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1572703397715021824
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:20 am    Post subject:

Kawhi gets such lax treatment when he's missed more games than AD by a long shot. I'm not high on his durability and future.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:30 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:

Via Marc Steinberg

It sure looks like his degenerative tendinopathy became proliferative elephantitis #TheKawhiQuadndry

Got them Deebo Samuel legs
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:38 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:

Via Marc Steinberg

Are the days of him locking down quick wings over?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:04 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:

Via Marc Steinberg

Hey, what up 9er gang?

On an aside, seeing what happened to Trey, maybe that’s why LA is loading up the roster with guards. While we wait on that big trade, something unexpected could happen and now you got something to fall back on. You just never know haha.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:55 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
defense wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:

Via Marc Steinberg

Hey, what up 9er gang?

On an aside, seeing what happened to Trey, maybe that’s why LA is loading up the roster with guards. While we wait on that big trade, something unexpected could happen and now you got something to fall back on. You just never know haha.

A part of me died when Trey went down.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:13 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
defense wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:

Via Marc Steinberg

Hey, what up 9er gang?

A part of me died when Trey went down.

Yeah, as much as I love Shanny, that playcalling was ridiculous.. To run that many designed plays with your future qb right up the middle into the teeth of the defense where the linebackers are licking there chops to lay a hard legal hit is pretty insane imo and it was just a matter of when and not if sadly. The people I was watching the game with were all calling it in the 1st quarter, wasn't shocked at all but def. disgusted.

Back to Basketball though, I still think it's (bleep) crazy to count on PG13 and especially Kawhi to be healthy for a full Playoff run. It's interesting off season talk but c'mon now. Not saying we don't have tons of our own problems which we def. do but the Clips will continue to Clip there selves long before they make it to the Finals.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:48 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

500 days.

You can get something good in return when you trade Kawhi. Russ?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 402, 403, 404 ... 437, 438, 439  Next
Page 403 of 439
Jump to: