C M B aka HUEY LOUIS -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!1 (sh! sorry for 9:35PM, bro)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:37 pm    Post subject: C M B aka HUEY LOUIS -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!1 (sh! sorry for 9:35PM, bro)

8/12 is everyone's pal's bday. Let's all wish this young gentleman a happy one, even if it comes AFTER the fact.

Sorry, P. I bleep'd up as usual. I remembered before midnight, that's what counts. Hope you had a debaucherous one and got some (consensual, hopefully).

HBD!!!!11 We love you, jaboney. You are everyone's favorite LG personality, opinion-shaper, and Sass Machine pointer-outer.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:58 pm    Post subject:

That cranky old asian man.. more heart than he wanted to be born with

Thank you for being Younique - not YaniQua sister of Miss Cleo

Shazbot Nanu Nanu and Happy Birthday!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Monty! Happy bday! Love yah brother!
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Hbd pimp
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:30 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:43 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:31 am    Post subject:

Happy birthday old friend!

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:12 am    Post subject:

Sorry I missed your entrance day. You never miss mine. LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:37 am    Post subject:

Happy birthday .
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:24 am    Post subject:

Thank you, paisanos!

It's been a rough couple of months. I had a 2 week stretch during which I literally could not get out of bed without taking vicodin. Then came a 3 week stretch where I was taking 6 extra strength tylenols just to set a baseline when I woke up so that I could function, even though I still had vicodin levels of pain. In order to give my liver and stomach lining a break, I skipped the meds some days and just stayed in bed. I think I understand prescription drug abuse a little better now. There was this weird 3 day period between being discharged from the hospital where I felt like I could hack it without pain meds. Huh.

I've been dealing with that and trying to replace my car that got crushed. Started looking into EVs and obsessing over them. I have been calling dealerships on an almost daily basis. I put a non-refundable deposit down for one a month ago. The $7,500 federal tax credit was a huge incentive. Enter Manchin's version of the IRA that eliminates the credit for the car I'm getting, and the light-speed passage through both houses of congress. Of course. Biden was supposed to sign it last Friday but he took a vacation and is supposed to be back tomorrow. I learned how to track a vehicle down to the overseas vessel carrying it over. I have been compulsively checking it throughout the day, every day. It's at port Hueneme right now. I have nothing but evil for Manchin and every car salesman in the country.

I still have soreness and can sustain a jog for a few minutes at a time. We went down to Doheny on my birthday where we set up around a fire ring. The sunset was unbelievable. We stayed until the rangers told us to leave a second time. I went back to Doheny by myself yesterday, and just as I came up the mound onto PCH, I pulled up alongside the Surfliner, travelling southbound. I raced it for about 10 seconds and caught a red light near the pedestrian bridge that crosses the tracks, just as it sounded its horn. I've always fantasized about that happening. Life is good.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:36 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Thank you, paisanos!

It's been a rough couple of months. I had a 2 week stretch during which I literally could not get out of bed without taking vicodin. Then came a 3 week stretch where I was taking 6 extra strength tylenols just to set a baseline when I woke up so that I could function, even though I still had vicodin levels of pain. In order to give my liver and stomach lining a break, I skipped the meds some days and just stayed in bed. I think I understand prescription drug abuse a little better now. There was this weird 3 day period between being discharged from the hospital where I felt like I could hack it without pain meds. Huh.

I've been dealing with that and trying to replace my car that got crushed. Started looking into EVs and obsessing over them. I have been calling dealerships on an almost daily basis. I put a non-refundable deposit down for one a month ago. The $7,500 federal tax credit was a huge incentive. Enter Manchin's version of the IRA that eliminates the credit for the car I'm getting, and the light-speed passage through both houses of congress. Of course. Biden was supposed to sign it last Friday but he took a vacation and is supposed to be back tomorrow. I learned how to track a vehicle down to the overseas vessel carrying it over. I have been compulsively checking it throughout the day, every day. It's at port Hueneme right now. I have nothing but evil for Manchin and every car salesman in the country.

I still have soreness and can sustain a jog for a few minutes at a time. We went down to Doheny on my birthday where we set up around a fire ring. The sunset was unbelievable. We stayed until the rangers told us to leave a second time. I went back to Doheny by myself yesterday, and just as I came up the mound onto PCH, I pulled up alongside the Surfliner, travelling southbound. I raced it for about 10 seconds and caught a red light near the pedestrian bridge that crosses the tracks, just as it sounded its horn. I've always fantasized about that happening. Life is good.

how'd you get hurt/what's the injury
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
C M B wrote:
Thank you, paisanos!

I was heading east on Beverly at Western to turn left onto Western. My light was green for at least 3 seconds before I could even see around either corner. Routine turn, right? Wrong. Jagoff in a Dodge Ram was going 45-50 southbound on Western. Broke L ribs 8 & 9, nose, L coracoid. Hematoma in my forearm. Bruised thigh bone but felt like it broke in half immediately after impact. Lung abrased by rib.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:44 pm    Post subject:

I'm glad you are on the mend, C M B.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:15 pm    Post subject:

I too am glad you're on the mend.

I know that corner. It's a 2 lane each way N & S, E & W intersection. It's kinda narrow. No way you do 50 in a business area. Was the driver under the influence?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:57 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
C M B wrote:
Thank you, paisanos!

I was heading east on Beverly at Western to turn left onto Western. My light was green for at least 3 seconds before I could even see around either corner. Routine turn, right? Wrong. Jagoff in a Dodge Ram was going 45-50 southbound on Western. Broke L ribs 8 & 9, nose, L coracoid. Hematoma in my forearm. Bruised thigh bone but felt like it broke in half immediately after impact. Lung abrased by rib.

Oh my Gosh, CMB my Man...glad you survived this.

There are so many terrible drivers out there, I almost got creamed last night by someone who literally pulled out right in front of me as if they didnt see me even though visibility was perfect. I was driving my Van and had to literally lock up the brakes to avoid a catastrophic crash by inches.

I love your sense of humor and your tight game and always have, you are a legend.

Really sorry one of these jackholes actually ran into you. Much love my friend and belated Happy Birthday...
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
C M B wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
C M B wrote:
Thank you, paisanos!

Oh my Gosh, CMB my Man...glad you survived this.

There are so many terrible drivers out there, I almost got creamed last night by someone who literally pulled out right in front of me as if they didnt see me even though visibility was perfect. I was driving my Van and had to literally lock up the brakes to avoid a catastrophic crash by inches.

I love your sense of humor and your tight game and always have, you are a legend.

Really sorry one of these jackholes actually ran into you. Much love my friend and belated Happy Birthday...

Yes this. Well said Lanny.

Glad you're still alive Monty. Jeez, after that news of the dumb nurse that ran the red light, I've had my head on a swivel x10000. Get better dude.

On a nosy tangent, which EV did you end up with?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:17 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
C M B wrote:
Thank you, paisanos!

Damn dude! That's horrible, but glad yo are relatively OK considering.

That mother effer should have Dodged rather than Ram!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:28 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

Jesus, man. The silver lining is that, imo at least, you are one of those collectors of interesting anecdotes. Yer one of those lads that sh happens to one way or another. I keep hearing/seeing about stories like this cus after watching that Windsor Hills and Anne Heche footage, I get other recommends of such scenes on YT. I saw another vid yesterday from 2018 that showed a deadly multiple crash from 2014 on the 60 in Diamond Bar where a young woman had finally been sentenced to decades. I figure it'll take at least that long for this Windsor Hills case. And besides that, I remember posting about that area on the 60 being dangerous only a few months ago in some other thread about the danger of flat tires on the freeway side. There was a 3-4 death one in that area in 99/00ish that had handed me a 2 hr commute one morn.

Any rate, sorry you went thru all that. Hematoma in forearm is an interesting, albeit sh'y one. Was it from compartment syndrome in your arm? And you got the not-so-great chance of finding out that Vikes are a B once you stop em cold turkey even after a little while. I used to get them for root canals years ago and I distinctly remember getting the first euphoric whiff of those. That was when I was so medicinally virginal, if you asked me what analgesic meant, I would've assumed something sexual. Then I had taken maybe a few scheduled pills per the script and I realized that I felt GUH mentally even tho my tooth still hurt like a B. That's when I "got" it.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Love you baba. Rooting heavily for your speedy recovery. Keep staying tough and dream of kabob.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
Love you baba. Rooting heavily for your speedy recovery. Keep staying tough and dream of kabob.

How you been, plenipotentiary?
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:32 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
C M B wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
C M B wrote:
Thank you, paisanos!

Damn dude! That's horrible, but glad yo are relatively OK considering.

That mother effer should have Dodged rather than Ram!

lol i made that joke I to the paramedic. couldn't dodge so I got rammed

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:36 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
C M B wrote:

Jesus, man. The silver lining is that, imo at least, you are one of those collectors of interesting anecdotes. Yer one of those lads that sh happens to one way or another. I keep hearing/seeing about stories like this cus after watching that Windsor Hills and Anne Heche footage, I get other recommends of such scenes on YT. I saw another vid yesterday from 2018 that showed a deadly multiple crash from 2014 on the 60 in Diamond Bar where a young woman had finally been sentenced to decades. I figure it'll take at least that long for this Windsor Hills case. And besides that, I remember posting about that area on the 60 being dangerous only a few months ago in some other thread about the danger of flat tires on the freeway side. There was a 3-4 death one in that area in 99/00ish that had handed me a 2 hr commute one morn.

Any rate, sorry you went thru all that. Hematoma in forearm is an interesting, albeit sh'y one. Was it from compartment syndrome in your arm? And you got the not-so-great chance of finding out that Vikes are a B once you stop em cold turkey even after a little while. I used to get them for root canals years ago and I distinctly remember getting the first euphoric whiff of those. That was when I was so medicinally virginal, if you asked me what analgesic meant, I would've assumed something sexual. Then I had taken maybe a few scheduled pills per the script and I realized that I felt GUH mentally even tho my tooth still hurt like a B. That's when I "got" it.

hematoma is in the spot where my arm crashed into my nose at the speed of sound

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:09 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Ioniq5! Finding one has been its own soul sucking epoch. It actually arrives at Westbrook Hyundai GG tomorrow.

TY for recommending the other EVs. Actually considered going with a GV60, but in the end, it's too expensive.

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Ioniq5! Finding one has been its own soul sucking epoch. It actually arrives at Westbrook Hyundai GG tomorrow.

TY for recommending the other EVs. Actually considered going with a GV60, but in the end, it's too expensive.

I want that in the worse way. Did you pay a markup? Did you order at the dealer?
Alpha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, late to the party...

Happy belated CMB!

So thankful that you lived to tell ... please get well soon!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: