“Was a pleasure 2 represent the Lakers in any type of Way” - Thank You PAT BEVERLY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
ocho wrote:
gng930 wrote:
ocho wrote:
gng930 wrote:
Yeah but you could argue that we lost defense where we needed it more (on wings) and gained where we weren't really lacking (on smaller guards with Nunn and Reaves already in the fold). Does Pat give us another closer? Arguably not if Nunn returns to form as you can't really consistently close with both, sometimes not even with either depending on the opponent.

I was more excited about the deal when I thought it might be a precursor to a palatable Westbrook trade. The Mitchell deal pretty much killed that.

That said, Bev might be the only person that can fire up Westbrook. Though he is probably equally likely to start a fistfight with him. Otherwise, if the plan was to marginalize THT and Stanley anyway and continue to pursue a Westbrook deal, it can't hurt.

If Kendrick Nunn (who hasn’t played a game in 15 months and has questions about his readiness even now) is closing games for us we are seriously screwed.

Even if we're talking late into the season? I don't think it's out of the question that there is a version of Kendrick Nunn that can close for us in certain situations. If so, there is some redundancy with PatBev. That said, one is injured often and the other coming off a major injury so it is a luxury to have both.

Unless he’s seriously cooking I just would prefer to not play an undersized guy who isn’t a defender when we’ve got defensive options on the roster. I think the other guys are better fits playing off Bron/AD as well.

Who are the best 3 players around LeBron/AD that we currently have?

Westbrook
Nunn
Pat Bev

Car54, are you seriously going to omit Reaves from that group? I would start w/Reaves, then insert Beverley & preferably someone w/size would can play serious defense like (at least I hope) Brown jr.

Y’all overrating Reeves now. Lol I like the kid but he’s behind those guys

But the kid is just a consistent jumper, and a little stronger, from being a damn near perfect fit with AD & James. He's super intelligent, he's fearless, he's got decent handles, he's got size at 6'5, and he seldom makes mistakes, which is critical in tight games and the playoffs, and again imagine him coming back with a jumper.

We'll see but don't be surprised to find him closing a lot of games.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
ocho wrote:
gng930 wrote:
ocho wrote:
gng930 wrote:
Yeah but you could argue that we lost defense where we needed it more (on wings) and gained where we weren't really lacking (on smaller guards with Nunn and Reaves already in the fold). Does Pat give us another closer? Arguably not if Nunn returns to form as you can't really consistently close with both, sometimes not even with either depending on the opponent.

I was more excited about the deal when I thought it might be a precursor to a palatable Westbrook trade. The Mitchell deal pretty much killed that.

That said, Bev might be the only person that can fire up Westbrook. Though he is probably equally likely to start a fistfight with him. Otherwise, if the plan was to marginalize THT and Stanley anyway and continue to pursue a Westbrook deal, it can't hurt.

If Kendrick Nunn (who hasn’t played a game in 15 months and has questions about his readiness even now) is closing games for us we are seriously screwed.

Even if we're talking late into the season? I don't think it's out of the question that there is a version of Kendrick Nunn that can close for us in certain situations. If so, there is some redundancy with PatBev. That said, one is injured often and the other coming off a major injury so it is a luxury to have both.

Unless he’s seriously cooking I just would prefer to not play an undersized guy who isn’t a defender when we’ve got defensive options on the roster. I think the other guys are better fits playing off Bron/AD as well.

Westbrook
Nunn
Pat Bev

Car54, are you seriously going to omit Reaves from that group? I would start w/Reaves, then insert Beverley & preferably someone w/size would can play serious defense like (at least I hope) Brown jr.

But the kid is just a consistent jumper, and a little stronger, from being a damn near perfect fit with AD & James. He's super intelligent, he's fearless, he's got decent handles, he's got size at 6'5, and he seldom makes mistakes, which is critical in tight games and the playoffs, and again imagine him coming back with a jumper.

Yes but can we wait for it to happen before giving him flowers?
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:12 am    Post subject:

^You haven’t earned anything in the NBA till they actually care to make you look like yourself in 2k. Reaves doesn’t get his flowers till then…

https://twitter.com/KamBrothers/status/1567920610793385985

🤣

From one goofy take to another, PatB has a “good feeling” Skippy is wrong…

https://twitter.com/patbev21/status/1567668405305749504
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
ocho wrote:
gng930 wrote:
ocho wrote:
gng930 wrote:

Westbrook
Nunn
Pat Bev

Yes but can we wait for it to happen before giving him flowers?

He can improve his jumper this year, which I think he will, but to the point of being "consistent"?. Probably not. But my original question was which three best players to play w/James & Davis?

What I was really asking is who are the best fits around those two that we have? No doubt Nunn, or maybe even Lonnie Walker IV, are better players right now than Reaves, but I'd still put him up there as a great, or better fit.

He actually led the entire league in taking charges for an entire month. We got him for nothing and yet I'd play him more frequently that a 47mil player who doesn't "get it".
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Get a room you 2! 🫣

LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:22 am    Post subject:

We're talking basketball and facts. What are you talking about with the snide comment? You typically add something useful to the topic. Please continue to do so.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:53 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
We're talking basketball and facts. What are you talking about with the snide comment? You typically add something useful to the topic. Please continue to do so.

I could see how you confused it haha. I wasn’t referencing the exchange between you and @Car. I just ran into that Spectrum vid between Brodie and Bev and wanted to share it here.

Hope you understand
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:01 am    Post subject:

What do you guys think about the backcourt of Beverly and Reeves?

I can see how this backcourt as being undersized but as Caruso has taught high defensive IQ can make up for lack of size
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:21 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

I can see how this backcourt as being undersized but as Caruso has taught high defensive IQ can make up for lack of size

I think Reeves is a nice solid rotation player, not a starter. Beverly may provide the defensive energy and attitude the Lakers desperately need. But in limited doses, not a starter. I expect both to have key roles this year.

Yet both will likely get multiple starts throughout the season due to matchups and necessity. With or without WB this team is full of nice role players, problem is they only have a couple of legitimate starters.

Maybe some excel and Ham gets it to work.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:21 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

I could see how you confused it haha. I wasn’t referencing the exchange between you and @Car. I just ran into that Spectrum vid between Brodie and Bev and wanted to share it here.

Hope you understand

I more than understand

Now, on the interaction between those two: that "dime" RW threw at their press conference at Beverley was a great gesture, but I sure would like to be a fly on the wall when they have their first "hard" talk as Beverley described it.

I want to hear their raw exchange about bitter comments directed toward each other in the past. They do need to clear the air man to man, something Shaquille O'Neal was never good at according to his legendary team mate KB.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

I think Reeves is a nice solid rotation player, not a starter. Beverly may provide the defensive energy and attitude the Lakers desperately need. But in limited doses, not a starter. I expect both to have key roles this year.

Yet both will likely get multiple starts throughout the season due to matchups and necessity. With or without WB this team is full of nice role players, problem is they only have a couple of legitimate starters.

Maybe some excel and Ham gets it to work.

True, but the poster asked what did we think of Reaves/Beverley as a combo, not as starters. To answer that question, I like it because they set a tone defensively that we need. If they shoot at a decent % they'll be good to very good together.

Otherwise, I agree with practically everything you posted.

What we need most is a monster defensive year from AD!
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:11 am    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
I’m so excited to have him on our team. He is exactly what we need in more ways than one. He will be a fan fave no doubt.

Well, lets not overdo it.
tinkusur
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:17 am    Post subject:

I’m so excited to have him on our team. He is exactly what we need in more ways than one. He will be a fan fave no doubt. tellculvers com survey taco bell breakfast hours

Last edited by tinkusur on Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:41 am    Post subject:

Training camp about 2 weeks away. WB still with the team.

So my guess is they will run some Bev at the 1 defensively, WB at the 2 lineups. On offense switch it up.

Bev has started almost all his games last 5-6 years, and WB has been a career starter. Both guys are very hard headed.

Has anyone asked Bev about coming off the bench?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:53 am    Post subject:

I would feel a lot better about this team if they started Bev/Reaves, and let Russ run the 2nd unit when LBJ sits. It may not happen due to politics, but Ham did stress that defense will determine whether Russ starts and that has been among his weakest traits.

I just hope it won't take Ham long to realize that Bev is the much superior 3/D fit over Russ. I don't want to see Russ guarding SGs off ball as he is too much of a ball watcher and guys will be open at the corner while Russ waits at the dunker's spot for a rebound.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I would feel a lot better about this team if they started Bev/Reaves, and let Russ run the 2nd unit when LBJ sits. It may not happen due to politics, but Ham did stress that defense will determine whether Russ starts and that has been among his weakest traits.

I just hope it won't take Ham long to realize that Bev is the much superior 3/D fit over Russ. I don't want to see Russ guarding SGs off ball as he is too much of a ball watcher and guys will be open at the corner while Russ waits at the dunker's spot for a rebound.

What's the word though, is Bev or WB or both starting? Surely they have an idea.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
poppies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:25 pm    Post subject:

I've really disliked this guy for so many seasons, and now he's already starting to win me over
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Patrick Beverley Plans To Hound Chris Paul Until He Retires Or His Ankles Fall Off
Quote:
Throughout his NBA career, Los Angeles Lakers guard Patrick Beverley has picked up his fair share of rivals. In fact, many wondered how he and current teammate Russell Westbrook would get along considering their long history. But there is no rival of Beverley’s that is bigger and with more vitriol than the one with Phoenix Suns point guard Chris Paul.

https://lakersnation.com/lakers-video-patrick-beverley-plans-to-hound-chris-paul-until-he-retires-or-his-ankles-fall-off/2022/10/12/
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:07 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Patrick Beverley Plans To Hound Chris Paul Until He Retires Or His Ankles Fall Off
Quote:
Throughout his NBA career, Los Angeles Lakers guard Patrick Beverley has picked up his fair share of rivals. In fact, many wondered how he and current teammate Russell Westbrook would get along considering their long history. But there is no rival of Beverley’s that is bigger and with more vitriol than the one with Phoenix Suns point guard Chris Paul.

https://lakersnation.com/lakers-video-patrick-beverley-plans-to-hound-chris-paul-until-he-retires-or-his-ankles-fall-off/2022/10/12/

LOL LOL, we need one of this dude in our team, siempre
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Love the energy Pat brings to the team!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:50 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Pretty sure everyone sees this including last Season where he supposedly hated the idea when presented with coming off the bench so the Lakers tried to just accommodate him to salvage things as much as possible.

I'm with you though, it's so obvious the only way he even has a chance to play with this roster and not severely hamper the lineup on the floor is him coming off the bench. It will be very interesting to see if Ham actually backs the talk up since Vogel couldn't/wouldn't last Season. If you start Beverly though which is the obvious choice and we lose a few games in a row I have a feeling things will get wild real fast.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:02 pm    Post subject:

This was the Pat Bev game I expected.
Hoping for more.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:06 pm    Post subject:

It's the Laker curse or pressure. It's true that most players play better on other teams than with the Lakers.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:07 pm    Post subject:

He played well tonight. Need him to start knocking down some threes, but he made an impact defensively.
dj1337
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Seems like everytime a decent shooter comes to the lakers they forget how to shoot.. minus the shooting he played good
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 21 of 31
Jump to: