DENNIS SCHRÖDER - Toronto (2yr, $26M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 255, 256, 257 ... 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:54 pm    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
I only hope there is a trade to moves Russ otherwise not sure the point here. The team has no true wings other than Lebron there is a void for guys 6'7"-6'9" that can guard multiple positions. Instead a repeat of the 6'4" and under league.

Juan Toscano-Anderson and Troy Brown Jr. are both wings who are listed at 6'6". Also, Wenyen Gabriel is 6'9" and can play/defend PF/SF. The thing they have in common is that they're young and unproven, of course.

Still, fans need to stop acting like we have no wings whatsoever. A proven 3 & D wing would be nice, but those don't exactly grow on trees.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Still think Booker should have been suspended for this.

Then again they probably would have been if Dennis was the kind of player that would have rolled around pretending to be hurt. But anyway, if AD doesn't go down we had the Suns beat and they knew it too, which is why they resorted to this.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:20 pm    Post subject:

If Healthy I think this will be their best unit:

DS
PB
AR (JTA)
LBJ
AD

Might be a deep playoff unit, at every position, there's a plus defender. Has the potential to be the best defensive lineup in the NBA. Reminds me of:
DS AC KCP LBJ AD. I'm actually excited to see what they can do together. We are going to be a lot better than most people think
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
"Yessir!! So damn happy to have you back!! You're like that! LFG!!!" LeBron James posted on Instagram straight after the news about Schroder's return to Los Angeles.

They already talked about his return to the Lakers.

"I can't wait. I've been talking to him. I can't wait to go back. I want to go for something this time," a 29-year-old point guard said.

"LeBron said he was glad he got me back," Schroder added. "It's unfinished business. That year when I was there, there were no fans. There was covid, everybody was hurt. This year hopefully, everything stays good, everybody stays healthy, and then we'll try to go for something."

https://basketnews.com/news-178148-schroder-reveals-conversation-with-lebron-promises-to-give-away-his-medal.html
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:40 pm    Post subject:

This thread title lol!

Someone needs to update it.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:43 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
This thread title lol!

Someone needs to update it.

Also because that team has won a ring in 36 years,now
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:46 am    Post subject:

I know Dennis got a lot of flak for his playoff performance with the Lakers, but here are the #s outside LBJ/AD for the 6 game series:

Dennis: 14ppg/3rpg/2.8apg/1.7 TOs

Look at the rest of our returning 2020 championship core role players. To say they crapped the bed is an understatement:

Kuz: 6.3ppg/3.8rpg/1.2apg/1 TO
KCP: 6.2/2.8/1/0.4
AC: 5.8/1.3/0.5/1.2
THT: 6.5/3.5/0.5/0.8

Our "big" MLE signing (Trezz), our BAE use (Wes), and huge buyout signing (Drummond):

Trezz: 5.8/2.5/0/0.5
Wes: 5.5/1.7/.3/0
Drummond: 9/11/0/2.2

What's even worse is our 3 point shooting. Our 3/D guys shot terribly:

KCP: 21% from 3 on 3.8 attempts
AC: 29% on 2.8 attempts
Wes: 28% on 4.2 attempts

Dennis? 31% on 4.3 attempts.

So he had the bagel game. That was horrible. But he was far from the reason we lost that series (AD getting hurt, LBJ still hobbled, our supporting cast just collapsing like crazy).

I think this version of Dennis we are getting will be much better, and once we get past Mr. Fumbled Bag ($84m) and the weird narrative that he cost us the Suns series, we will see that at a min deal, we have a bargain. He really balled out in the Eurobasket tournament, which is outside the NBA, the highest level of competition.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:31 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Quote:
"Yessir!! So damn happy to have you back!! You're like that! LFG!!!" LeBron James posted on Instagram straight after the news about Schroder's return to Los Angeles.

They already talked about his return to the Lakers.

"I can't wait. I've been talking to him. I can't wait to go back. I want to go for something this time," a 29-year-old point guard said.

"LeBron said he was glad he got me back," Schroder added. "It's unfinished business. That year when I was there, there were no fans. There was covid, everybody was hurt. This year hopefully, everything stays good, everybody stays healthy, and then we'll try to go for something."

https://basketnews.com/news-178148-schroder-reveals-conversation-with-lebron-promises-to-give-away-his-medal.html

What do you think he meant by unfinished business? I have this feeling based on comments by AD that they felt they could beat Phoenix 2 years ago and possibly take the title but “bad luck” got in the way

Perhaps they feel this year with them 3 back together and hopefully no covid distractions they can show everyone they are contenders???
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I know Dennis got a lot of flak for his playoff performance with the Lakers, but here are the #s outside LBJ/AD for the 6 game series:

Look at the rest of our returning 2020 championship core role players. To say they crapped the bed is an understatement:

Our "big" MLE signing (Trezz), our BAE use (Wes), and huge buyout signing (Drummond):

So he had the bagel game. That was horrible. But he was far from the reason we lost that series (AD getting hurt, LBJ still hobbled, our supporting cast just collapsing like crazy).

I think this version of Dennis we are getting will be much better, and once we get past Mr. Fumbled Bag ($84m) and the weird narrative that he cost us the Suns series, we will see that at a min deal, we have a bargain. He really balled out in the Eurobasket tournament, which is outside the NBA, the highest level of competition.

So actually Drummond was arguably the third best player in that series just by the numbers?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:36 am    Post subject:

Quote:

I think Pelinka is very reactive as an executive and is heavily influenced by the thing he just saw. Danny Green was great for us all year, but started showing wear in the playoffs so he was immediately shipped off. Kuz, Caruso, and Kcp shot poorly in the Phoenix series and they were dumped that summer. Dennis had his 0pt game and he was out. Trez could barely see the court and he was out. I think this quality about him causes him to undervalue our guys, which might explain why he’s often fine just losing them for nothing.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:49 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

So actually Drummond was arguably the third best player in that series just by the numbers?

Not really. IIRC we stopped playing him b/c he was getting toasted. I would say it was LBJ/AD and then Dennis.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:50 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

I think Pelinka is very reactive as an executive and is heavily influenced by the thing he just saw. Danny Green was great for us all year, but started showing wear in the playoffs so he was immediately shipped off. Kuz, Caruso, and Kcp shot poorly in the Phoenix series and they were dumped that summer. Dennis had his 0pt game and he was out. Trez could barely see the court and he was out. I think this quality about him causes him to undervalue our guys, which might explain why he’s often fine just losing them for nothing.

For a GM who is so "what have you done for me lately," he gets to skate by when you ask him "what have you done for me lately?"

He signed off on the Russ trade.
He seemingly is not able to undo the disastrous trade.

What has he done for the Lakers lately?
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:07 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

For a GM who is so "what have you done for me lately," he gets to skate by when you ask him "what have you done for me lately?"

Shouldn’t you ask that question to LeGm? He the one putting junk on the team that doesn’t fit...trez westbrick Drummond smh...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Shouldn’t you ask that question to LeGm? He the one putting junk on the team that doesn’t fit...trez westbrick Drummond smh...

Why? The GM and then the owner have to sign off on every one of these. I guarantee you they wanted each of these moves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:32 pm    Post subject:

When I think of DS dumbass comes to mind.

Dennis signed a one-year deal with L.A. the deal is reportedly worth $2.64 million nothing to scoff at unless you previously turned down $84 million ... which, in 2021, Schroder did in arguably the biggest fumbling of the bag in modern history. DUMB (Y)

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:41 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
When I think of DS dumbass comes to mind.

Dennis signed a one-year deal with L.A. the deal is reportedly worth $2.64 million nothing to scoff at unless you previously turned down $84 million ... which, in 2021, Schroder did in arguably the biggest fumbling of the bag in modern history. DUMB (Y)

Him turning down that contract some how is connected to us eventually going for Westbrook... We probably would have Hield or Derozan right now.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:51 pm    Post subject:

You know, I've been trying to be positive about Dennis's return.

And at a minimum contract with our lack of depth he is a godsend.

But if people keep trying to rehabilitate him with revisionist history of how beneficial he was to the team... I'm going to have to start protesting again.

Just because he's less damaging than Westbrook isn't a selling point in my mind.

It's like saying our wildfires are better than Florida's hurricanes.

Dennis was greedy and he paid the price... let's hope he can help... but I'm not going to listen to how he would have saved us from acquiring Russ.

We would have had four years of overpay instead of two.

At this wage, I can't complain.... but at 100 million... it would have been just as crippling.

Last edited by BILBJH on Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:00 pm    Post subject:

I thought Dennis was good on the Lakers.
That's why we wanted to extend him.
I believe COVID messed him up towards the end of the season + playoffs.

Anyway, are you back from Germany yet?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:31 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
You know, I've been trying to be positive about Dennis's return.

And at a minimum contract with our lack of depth he is a godsend.

But if people keep trying to rehabilitate him with revisionist history of how beneficial he was to the team... I'm going to have to start protesting again.

Just because he's less damaging than Westbrook isn't a selling point in my mind.

It's like saying our wildfires are better than Florida's hurricanes.

Dennis was greedy and he paid the price... let's hope he can help... but I'm not going to listen to how he would have saved us from acquiring Russ.

We would have had four years of overpay instead of two.

At this wage, I can't complain.... but at 100 million... it would have been just as crippling.

Lakers were 38-23 with Dennis starting in 20-21.

He wasn't offered 100m, it was apparently 84m with some conditions on it.

If we kept Dennis, and that meant we also kept KCP/Kuz/2021 1st, and possible re-signed AC, I would have much preferred that trajectory over what happened last season.

I think folks need to get over it and at a minimum deal, he's a steal and provides us (with Bev/Nunn) with Russ insurance.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:53 am    Post subject:

One thing forgotten in the Dennis stuff, he was a member of the Hawks during some of the years Bud coached there and Ham was an assistant. So he's familiar with the language of this sort of coaching and knows some of the 4-1 sets.

The way the roster is set up, a Westbrook trade is all but inevitable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:08 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

How long have people been posting that? Yet the market for Westbrook isn’t there.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:27 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

How long have people been posting that? Yet the market for Westbrook isn’t there.

Vasashi posted a report that the Indy offer is ‘there’ so there’s a market but the price is everyasset we got
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:34 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Vasashi posted a report that the Indy offer is ‘there’ so there’s a market but the price is everyasset we got

The market is for the picks.
But maybe if the tankathon is real for a team, the market opens up for Russ? Haha
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:49 am    Post subject:

Hoping the showcase of the #1/2 picks for next year's drafts made teams rev up the Tank.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:24 am    Post subject:

Allow me to clarify my post about DS being a dumbass. He is that but for the price, he's a steal. He has the talent. My concern is, will he fit?

He'll be playing for a contract which means we'll see the effort. He's only 29 so he can be a building block. He's played Ham so there's a familiarity.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:26 am; edited 3 times in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 255, 256, 257 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 256 of 284
Jump to: