NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 407, 408, 409 ... 733, 734, 735  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 117125

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:49 am    Post subject:

We have the most toxic contract in the NBA, even as an expiring deal. Rob is not a talented trade negotiator so the writing is on the wall. He lost a prime trade asset to the Pistons for literally no picks, no consequential players.

Your move Rob. Monday's press conference should be interesting. They are so setting up Russ to fail and be spectacularly scapegoated this year. Ham is new, and Rob/Jeanie won't take the heat either.
_________________
Make the Lakers Great Again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2014
Posts: 6499

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:49 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Welp, that probably means Westbrook stays

Get ready for an unwatchable year of basketball. FML


Agreed...it's over before it ever gets started.....that's the frustrating part. It's hard enough gong through a wasted year and going through the playoffs without the team in it...but to know that before the season even starts is killer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 117125

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:50 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
So Danny claimed to be able to get a first for each of Clarkson, Boggy and Conley.........

Thanks Rob for not letting Ainge swindle you. Thank you for not breaking under the pressure of Laker fans that think they know what's really going on behind the scenes, and are calling for your job.


So if the BATNA for the Jazz was that low, you're telling me Rob couldn't negotiate a deal for just 1 FRP to get Bogs/other expiring deals? Tells me they weren't even willing to offer 1 FRP.
_________________
Make the Lakers Great Again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 117125

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:52 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Welp, that probably means Westbrook stays

Get ready for an unwatchable year of basketball. FML


Agreed...it's over before it ever gets started.....that's the frustrating part. It's hard enough gong through a wasted year and going through the playoffs without the team in it...but to know that before the season even starts is killer.


Folks need to look at the first 10 games. Yes, 2 games against the Jazz, but it's a murderer's row and conceivable we are at 2-8 in that first stretch. We have no team identity. At least in 19-20 we were just going to punish you with our size, defense, and shooting.

What is this year's team mantra? We're small?
_________________
Make the Lakers Great Again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 41882

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:57 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
ocho wrote:
Yowza.

Quote:
No final decision has been made on the length of a suspension, but internal discussions have included scenarios that would keep Udoka out for the entirety of the 2022-2023 season, sources told ESPN.


If it's a subordinate or someone near his area, he should be fired. If it's a person in a different area who doesn't report to him or in his chain, they should both be fired.

HERE ARE THE SUSPECTS.


We can narrow down the search


https://www.nba.com/celtics/team/front-office

LIKELY

Basketball Operations
Ashley Battle - Scout
Allison Feaster - Vice President, Player Development and Organizational Growth
Kathleen Lynch - Team Services Manager
Candice Williams - Director of Mind Health & Wellness

Partnerships/Community Engagement
Tessa Caffrey - Vice President, Corporate Events & Hospitality
Anna Dyakiv - Manager, Corporate Partnerships Activation
Kara Keena - Sr. Director Partnership Development
Amelia McQuade - Coordinator, Donations & Dept Ops

UNLIKELY

Finance / Administration
Wendy Cooper - Executive Assistant
Janet Hayes - Payroll Specialist
Barbara Reed - Vice President, Human Resources
Alice Zottoli - Director of Financial Planning & Analysis

Marketing, Ticket Sales, and Service
Jacky Arndt - Commercial Design Coordinator
Susan Barabino DeLuca - Executive Assistant
Kelly Brown - Sr. Season Ticket and Premium Project Manager
Sarah Burbank - Commercial Insights Analyst
Ashley Earle - Sr. Director, Marketing
Sara Eldemery - Group Sales Account Executive & Event Manager
Sarah Fox - Member Experience Executive
Brittany Glenn - Sr. Director VIP Experience, Retention & Operations
Katie Hamm - Sr. Premium Sales Account Executive
Leanda Helms - Director, Content Strategy & Commercial Design
Erin Kelly - Manager, Member Engagement & Guest Experience
Chrissy Leach - Director, Group Sales
Carley Lenahan - Sr. Manager, Live Production & Entertainment
Lexie Nason - VIP Member Experience Executive
Eileen O'Malley - Sr. Manager Digital Marketing
Marina Ortega - Director of Celtics Entertainment
Olivia Pastore - VIP Member Experience Executive
Amanda Pflugrad - Team Reporter
Colleen Rossetti - Manager VIP Experience & Retention
Lauren Scurini - Sr. Manager Member Experience & Retention
Kate Sullivan - Inside Sales Manager

Media Relations
Heather Walker - Vice President of Public Relations

Operations
Tiffany Brathwaite - Receptionist & Assistant Office Manager
Olivia Ware - Legal Assistant
Sarah Willson - Associate Counsel


Rumor is Allison Feaster

https://newsone.com/4414187/allison-feaster-ime-udoka-report/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 117125

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:58 am    Post subject:

Yay, let's spread libel on LG now!
_________________
Make the Lakers Great Again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 49746

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:03 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Boston Celtics coach Ime Udoka is likely facing a suspension for the entire 2022-2023 season for his role in a consensual relationship with a female staff member, sources tell ESPN. A formal announcement is expected as soon as today.

_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 12775
Location: Somewhere watching a Laker game

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:04 am    Post subject:

What's the possibility of the Pistons flipping Bojan in a deal with the Lakers? He doesn't fit the Pistons youth movement.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 49746

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:04 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
Boston Celtics coach Ime Udoka is likely facing a suspension for the entire 2022-2023 season for his role in a consensual relationship with a female staff member, sources tell ESPN. A formal announcement is expected as soon as today.


Quote:
Assistant coach Joe Mazzulla is likely to become Boston's interim coach for the season, sources tell ESPN.

_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 41882

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:04 am    Post subject:

Shams Charania wrote:

    The Utah Jazz and Detroit Pistons are in serious talks on a trade sending Bojan Bogdanovic for Kelly Olynyk and additional salary, sources tell me and @JLEdwardsIII.
Sep 22, 2022ReplyRetweetFavorite


Bojan to Detroit


Last edited by JUST-MING on Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 12775
Location: Somewhere watching a Laker game

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:05 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
Boston Celtics coach Ime Udoka is likely facing a suspension for the entire 2022-2023 season for his role in a consensual relationship with a female staff member, sources tell ESPN. A formal announcement is expected as soon as today.


Ime lost the Finals, his job, AND Nia Long?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2014
Posts: 6499

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:08 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
What's the possibility of the Pistons flipping Bojan in a deal with the Lakers? He doesn't fit the Pistons youth movement.


Probably not...it would've been a 3 way deal then...obviously Utah has zero interest in Russ. It's becoming very clear not one team in the league is interested in Russ...think about that...no team in the entire league wants this guy....that's very telling.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 12775
Location: Somewhere watching a Laker game

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:10 am    Post subject:

This should NOT be a surprise. Lakers had a better deal for KG back in the day, but he couldn't stomach sending him to LA. If Pau and Kobe went to 3 straight Finals with 2 chips, imagine what Kobe and KG would have done.

Ainge is doing the same thing. All the Lakers need is a sniper to open up the offense for Bron and AD. Ainge knows that and said nope. Not happening.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 49746

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:13 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
This should NOT be a surprise. Lakers had a better deal for KG back in the day, but he couldn't stomach sending him to LA. If Pau and Kobe went to 3 straight Finals with 2 chips, imagine what Kobe and KG would have done.

Ainge is doing the same thing. All the Lakers need is a sniper to open up the offense for Bron and AD. Ainge knows that and said nope. Not happening.


It is simpler than this conspiracy stuff: we have nothing to trade.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 41882

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:13 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Shams Charania wrote:

    The Utah Jazz and Detroit Pistons are in serious talks on a trade sending Bojan Bogdanovic for Kelly Olynyk and additional salary, sources tell me and @JLEdwardsIII.
Sep 22, 2022ReplyRetweetFavorite


Bojan to Detroit


No picks in the deal, as expected.

Reactions

https://jazzfanz.com/threads/trade-confirmed-jazz-get-jack-for-bogey.177867/

Bobby Marks wrote:
Sep 22, 2022ReplyRetweetFavorite


Just seems to be a deal to cut payroll.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 8170

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:15 am    Post subject:

Nice FRP for Bogs right?
_________________
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2003
Posts: 3211
Location: Space City

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:19 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:
Boston Celtics coach Ime Udoka is likely facing a suspension for the entire 2022-2023 season for his role in a consensual relationship with a female staff member, sources tell ESPN. A formal announcement is expected as soon as today.


Ime lost the Finals, his job, AND Nia Long?



Never dip your pen in the company ink.
_________________
S.O.S.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 117125

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:22 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
This should NOT be a surprise. Lakers had a better deal for KG back in the day, but he couldn't stomach sending him to LA. If Pau and Kobe went to 3 straight Finals with 2 chips, imagine what Kobe and KG would have done.

Ainge is doing the same thing. All the Lakers need is a sniper to open up the offense for Bron and AD. Ainge knows that and said nope. Not happening.


It is simpler than this conspiracy stuff: we have nothing to trade.


1. No one wants Russ at 47m unless you are compensating them for this with at least 1 FRP. Any goodies on top of that = another FRP.

2. Based on this, wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers didn't even offer 1 FRP to Utah. I bet Ainge is sitting there laughing while Rob argues that Russ is a positive trade asset and shouldn't require a FRP.

This is a results business. I tire of the excuses from Rob/Jeanie. Either get it done or don't at this point.
_________________
Make the Lakers Great Again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dennis100mtrash
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jun 2021
Posts: 3874

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
We have the most toxic contract in the NBA, even as an expiring deal. Rob is not a talented trade negotiator so the writing is on the wall. He lost a prime trade asset to the Pistons for literally no picks, no consequential players.

Your move Rob. Monday's press conference should be interesting. They are so setting up Russ to fail and be spectacularly scapegoated this year. Ham is new, and Rob/Jeanie won't take the heat either.


Everybody and their mother knows lakers are desperate to get rid of Westbrook. If I am other team I am asking 2 1st and 2 swaps
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2003
Posts: 6037
Location: Central Coast

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:29 am    Post subject:

Bogs would have been nice, but the Jazz didn't want Russ.

We are rolling with Russ in some shape or form, even if it means not making the playoffs. That's not on the coach, its on the management. They traded all that depth (at the urging of Lebron and AD) for a bologna sandwich.
_________________
LAKERS 2019-2020: NBA World Champions!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Mar 2014
Posts: 2674

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:31 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
We have the most toxic contract in the NBA, even as an expiring deal. Rob is not a talented trade negotiator so the writing is on the wall. He lost a prime trade asset to the Pistons for literally no picks, no consequential players.

Your move Rob. Monday's press conference should be interesting. They are so setting up Russ to fail and be spectacularly scapegoated this year. Ham is new, and Rob/Jeanie won't take the heat either.


Everybody and their mother knows lakers are desperate to get rid of Westbrook. If I am other team I am asking 2 1st and 2 swaps


That's where I think fans get in completely wrong. They would like to move Russ but, If the Lakers were desperate, they would have taken any deal, picks be damed. The didn't trade Russ and include picks because they are not desperate. That is a media/fan perspective.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 41882

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:35 am    Post subject:

If Russell was as bad as you guys make him out to be they would have bought out his contract long ago.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 1980

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:36 am    Post subject:

Lakers want a Westbrook trade where they improve but:

-don’t want to take additional salary beyond this year for their cap space/repeater tax plan.
-don’t want to increase this year’s payroll due to luxury tax concerns.
-don’t want to give up a frp or 2 unless it leads to a championship.

All that means is Westbrook isn’t traded unless it’s for a star, which likely isn’t happening for only those 2 frps in this current market.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Darkndeep
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 1882

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:37 am    Post subject:

Well, there is still the Pacers, Spurs, Hornets, Knicks ... I personally think that the Lakers already have a deal in place for Russ; if not, I cannot believe they will start the season with him, in any event.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 28970

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:38 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
That's where I think fans get in completely wrong. They would like to move Russ but, If the Lakers were desperate, they would have taken any deal, picks be damed. The didn't trade Russ and include picks because they are not desperate. That is a media/fan perspective.


Sure. Desperate is hyperbole. There are better words, like eager, motivated, or determined.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 407, 408, 409 ... 733, 734, 735  Next
Page 408 of 735
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB