Official RUSSELL WESTBROOK Thread (Traded to Utah)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 354, 355, 356 ... 424, 425, 426  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
FWIW, LeBron’s camp in San Diego is today it will be interesting to see if Westbrook will be there and how he will interact with LeBron and AD if both are there.

They changed it from Friday?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:01 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Russ
Walker
Austin
JTA
Bryant

is gonna be a fire 2nd unit.
Russ surrounded by hustle guys and a 3ball big, gonna at least be better than last year.

Having him as a bench lead makes so much sense. But too much politics involved. He would actually do better IMO in that setting not playing alongside LBJ.

WB will start, he’s the better player. Ham will stagger his minutes, to play with the 2nd unit.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:50 am    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Russ
Walker
Austin
JTA
Bryant

Russ surrounded by hustle guys and a 3ball big, gonna at least be better than last year.

Having him as a bench lead makes so much sense. But too much politics involved. He would actually do better IMO in that setting not playing alongside LBJ.

WB will start, he’s the better player. Ham will stagger his minutes, to play with the 2nd unit.

Question is not about better player, as Russ is obviously more talented than Dennis/Bev/Nunn. It's fit. I don't see how you stagger his minutes to have a lot of 2nd unit lead guard minutes if he starts. That means guys like Dennis/Nunn don't play?

It seems we can't trade Russ, so my next hope is the team finds the best way to utilize him. I don't see him excelling as a Bruce Brown role player if he starts. I think he's wired to be the Guy. So why not let him do that on the bench unit and really lead that unit when LBJ sits?

We still have too many undersized guards and this is just a recipe for disaster, unless Nunn is still too injured to play. You still have to worry about minutes for Reaves/Walker (remember we spent our entire MMLE on him).
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:35 am    Post subject:

It seems that Westbrook is getting too much blame for the current state of the
Lakers.
The blame is on Pelinka and his staff for getting Westbrook. And ownership for allowing it.
A lot of the fit and what the Lakers gave up is not on Westbrook. It is up to the management and the coach.

Now it is up to the coach to see if he can make everything fit.
But to give up two FRPs to get rid of Westbrook is stupid.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:43 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
It seems that Westbrook is getting too much blame for the current state of the
Lakers.
The blame is on Pelinka and his staff for getting Westbrook. And ownership for allowing it.
A lot of the fit and what the Lakers gave up is not on Westbrook. It is up to the management and the coach.

Now it is up to the coach to see if he can make everything fit.
But to give up two FRPs to get rid of Westbrook is stupid.

Nope its LeGM fault. He need to stop because he siuck as a GM. Need examples? AD when AD was gonig to be here the following year..we gave up so much for Mr Glass and if the bubble didnt happen who knows if we would have got a ring.

Next? Trez...what did he do? Nothing...got owned by Joker and then we get him and break up our big Centers..for what? Nothing

Next? WB...should i even say anyrhing about that choice...smh.

If LeGM and Klutch would stay out the front office things would be a lot bette4r.
Trevacious2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:57 pm    Post subject:

zambia wrote:

WB will start, he’s the better player.

Make him prove it in training camp.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:24 pm    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Russ
Walker
Austin
JTA
Bryant

But he makes the team worse
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Do you feel wanted by the Los Angeles Lakers?

"I don't need to," Westbrook told ESPN recently. "I need to just do my job. Whether I'm wanted or not doesn't really matter. I think the most important thing is that I show up for work and I do the job like I've always done it: Be professional and go out and play my ass off and compete."

Westbrook, 33, is in his second season with the Lakers and with it comes assurances of nothing. He isn't promised to be a starter, or stay a Laker, or get traded to a team that will keep him on the active roster. He understands it all, and yet he's still smiling on this late summer afternoon.

Westbrook spoke of getting back to work in the gym sooner in the past offseason than he has ever done in his career, about a summer full of conversations with Lakers coach Darvin Ham, about a "connection" and "trust" with Ham's vision to utilize him in a way that impacts winning on these Lakers.

Maybe that's as a starter or maybe it's off the bench. "I'm all-in on whatever it takes for this team to win," Westbrook said. "I'm prepared for whatever comes my way."

And Westbrook spoke of his communications with teammates LeBron James and Anthony Davis, about how they only played 21 games together a year ago, and that he still sees the possibilities.

"There's so much optimism on how we can be great, how AD, LeBron, myself -- can be unstoppable in my opinion," Westbrook said.

Nothing about the Lakers' last season went according to a plan, but Westbrook has the chance to try again with Los Angeles. There are likely no scenarios in which Westbrook is back with the Lakers on a new contract in 2023-24, and perhaps only a few that don't include the Lakers continuing to see if they can turn Westbrook's expiring contract and draft picks into a trade for multiple rotation players -- or perhaps even a star player.

Westbrook spent his summer trying to show the Lakers he was committed to making his role on the team work -- showing up at the news conferences for Ham and Patrick Beverley, joining the Lakers' young players at Summer League in Las Vegas and spending a lot of his days at the team's practice facility.

"I'm not even close to being done," Westbrook said. "I'm super grateful and blessed to be able to go compete year after year and that's all I can do is prepare my myself, my mind, my body for as long as I play...

"I'm going to make mistakes. I'm not going to have good games. There will be times and stretches when I don't play well. I've owned that, and there were times last year that I could've played better and I own that part of it. Moving into this year, I feel even more prepared than I was in years past. That's what I'm looking forward to the most. That, right there, will get me past any struggles that come my way."

Ask Westbrook whether he thinks he'll deliver a surprising performance this season, he laughs and pauses: "In my mind, no, but ... I guess in other peoples' minds? Yeah, I guess it might be surprising to other people."

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/insider/story/_/id/34665888/russell-westbrook-second-season-los-angeles-lakers-all-takes-team-win

defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:07 pm    Post subject:

You spend your entire career thinking you are a top tier player, your mindset won't change in a season. That's why you have to get rid of older stars. They will always think they are great.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Same [bleep], different year.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:33 pm    Post subject:

I like what he's saying.
Hope it's true.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully I dont become an alcoholic from watching this (bleep) this year
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
Hopefully I dont become an alcoholic from watching this (bleep) this year

Another year like last year and I'm going to end up with less hair than lebron from the stress.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Trevacious2 wrote:
zambia wrote:

Make him prove it in training camp.

Tell the other guards to take his position.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:24 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Trevacious2"]
zambia wrote:

Make him prove it in training camp.[/quote

Last edited by zambia on Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:38 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
zambia wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Russ
Walker
Austin
JTA
Bryant

We have a new team, let’s see what what happens. People need to stop looking in the rear view mirror. Last year the team was horrible, too bad we didn’t have our FRP.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:43 am    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
zambia wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Russ
Walker
Austin
JTA
Bryant

We have a new team, let’s see what what happens. People need to stop looking in the rear view mirror. Last year the team was horrible, too bad we didn’t have our FRP.

Did u start watching brick last year?
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:58 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
zambia wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
zambia wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Russ
Walker
Austin
JTA
Bryant

Who’s Brick?
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:38 am    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
scout_0 wrote:
zambia wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
zambia wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Russ
Walker
Austin
JTA
Bryant

Who’s Brick?

Probably AD, 18% from 3 yikes
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:52 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
zambia wrote:
scout_0 wrote:
zambia wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
zambia wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Russ
Walker
Austin
JTA
Bryant

Who’s Brick?

AD has been working with Lethal Shooting, he should also be working on his post moves with Worthy. AD will have a very good year.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:24 am    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
zambia wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Russ
Walker
Austin
JTA
Bryant

Last year team wasn’t capable of playing defense. This team is

defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:16 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
zambia wrote:
scout_0 wrote:
zambia wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
zambia wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Russ
Walker
Austin
JTA
Bryant

Who’s Brick?

Could apply to a lot of our players
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:21 am    Post subject:

If we lose all our preseason games like last year, I'm going to stay away from Laker basketball for this season. At least until this ninja turtle is off the team.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:49 am    Post subject:

BEazy wrote:
If we lose all our preseason games like last year, I'm going to stay away from Laker basketball for this season. At least until this ninja turtle is off the team.

Not me. I’ll be looking for the effort on defense. That’s what’s gonna matter. Our offense will come from the stars
YouCantSeeMe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:13 pm    Post subject:

hypothetically, if Westbrook does adjust his game, what is the best case scenario?

Becomes a 6th man type of player to come off bench and lead the second unit?

Could be in closing lineup depending on match up? Can he become a strict 3 + D player assuming he can make respectable rate of corner 3’s?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 354, 355, 356 ... 424, 425, 426  Next
Page 355 of 426
Jump to: