General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 503, 504, 505 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Floyd got seriously rocked tonight, scared me. He showed heart.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:53 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
It's traditional to give fighters before the fight. The guy dropped Floyd's flowers on the floor disrespectfully turned and walked away. Floyd was cool he bent down and picked them up.

Floyd went on the get a 2nd round KO.

What the hell did I just watch? LOL The whole fight just had a weird vibe.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:25 am    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
It's traditional to give fighters flowers before the fight. The guy dropped Floyd's flowers on the floor disrespectfully turned and walked away. Floyd was cool he bent down and picked them up.

Watch around 5:20 This video won't stay up long. Watch as soon as you can. Round 2

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:31 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
It's traditional to give fighters flowers before the fight. The guy dropped Floyd's flowers on the floor disrespectfully turned and walked away. Floyd was cool he bent down and picked them up.

Watch around 5:20 This video won't stay up long. Watch as soon as you can.

Yeah I saw that. What a rude dude. LOL. Is that Asakura's manager or trainer?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:18 am    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

No, it was a wannabe Samurai

'Wannabe Samurai' hurls flowers at Floyd Mayweather before he KOs MMA star Mikuru Asakura

LINK

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject:

That wasn't a fight as much as it was a gimmick. Good for Mayweather to make some $$$'s but nobody should've watched that and seen it as a legitimate boxing match.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:42 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
That wasn't a fight as much as it was a gimmick. Good for Mayweather to make some $$$'s but nobody should've watched that and seen it as a legitimate boxing match.

I don't think anyone will.

There's a reason Floyd is called Money Mayweather. He's 45 and still clocking big bank. He's using the game instead of letting the game use him. He made $20 million off of this contest. He'll probably find another tomato can and make another $20 million

. DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, LEARN THE GAME!

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:11 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

No, it was a wannabe Samurai

'Wannabe Samurai' hurls flowers at Floyd Mayweather before he KOs MMA star Mikuru Asakura

LINK

Glad it wasn't from the opponents crew. Really disrespectful.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:59 pm    Post subject:

If you watched the fight you saw Mikuru Asakura's corner run in as soon as he went down and before the referee started the count.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:38 am    Post subject:

just saw the highlights, money May making money at 45, can't hate on that. The flower thing is so un-Japanese, prob staged but I'm just guessing.
I'd watch Floyd vs Jake Paul tho, younger, bigger, white, controversial, payday
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:44 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
just saw the highlights, money May making money at 45, can't hate on that. The flower thing is so un-Japanese, prob staged but I'm just guessing.
I'd watch Floyd vs Jake Paul tho, younger, bigger, white, controversial, payday

No way MoneyMay fights Jake Paul. Too much of a risk. Asakura seriously rocked him. I thought he was going to see come canvas. If Paul catches him like that it's lights out.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:17 pm    Post subject:

This is a huge disappointment. I thought we would finally see Bud and Erroll get it on. May have to wait till next year.

Spence vs Crawford negotiation issues continue, fight won’t happen Nov. 19

LINK

Quote:
Errol Spence Jr and Terence Crawford are once again held up in negotiations, ESPN.com’s Mike Coppinger reports, and with the delay in actually finalizing the deal, it is no longer being targeted to take place on Nov. 19

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Deontay Wilder vs Robert Helenius PPV today 6 PM PACIFIC, 9 EASTERN. If you want to spend $74.99. I get to watch it for free on my IPTV.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Deontay Wilder vs Robert Helenius PPV today 6 PM PACIFIC, 9 EASTERN. If you want to spend $74.99. I get to watch it for free on my IPTV.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:44 am    Post subject:

Wilder made quick work of Helenius. Ended it in the first round. LINK

Caleb Plant wins by vicious KO over Anthony Dirrell. You can see Dirrell's eyes roll back in his head... LINK

pointfour
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:23 am    Post subject:

Wilder does that to 99% of the population. That 1% is unfortunately Tyson Fury.

Haney completely outclassed Kambosos again. Lead rights and 1-2 were open all night. Not sure what Kambosos was looking to accomplish with the switches to southpaw. He would switch and do nothing with it. I wonder if Haney's lack of power will hold him back as he steps up in competition, as he probably shouldve put Kambosos away.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Wilder can dominate all the other HWs and take all the belts from Usyk. He will still be behind Fury who actually beat him three times.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:11 pm    Post subject:

That Plant KO was sweet. Set Dirrell up with those lefts earlier and it paid off.

Also Haney put on a boxing clinic in Australia.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:33 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
That Plant KO was sweet. Set Dirrell up with those lefts earlier and it paid off.

Also Haney put on a boxing clinic in Australia.

Dirrell deserved that ass kicking. He was fighting dirty. He said, "Ain't no White boy gonna beat me." I like Plants' reply. Skin color don't win no fights, brains, and heart do.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:41 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Wilder can dominate all the other HWs and take all the belts from Usyk. He will still be behind Fury who actually beat him three times.

The Gypsy King is the best heavyweight to come along in a while. He's a boxer-puncher with power in both hands. If he puts his mind to it, stays in shape, and trains, he can reign for a while.

Good to see you posting again. Hope everything's OK.

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:21 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

The Gypsy King is the best heavyweight to come along in a while. He's a boxer-puncher with power in both hands. If he puts his mind to it, stays in shape, and trains, he can reign for a while.

Don't forget his chin. My man did the greatest impersonation of the Undertaker I've ever seen after Wilder hit him with that shot that would have caused instant CTE to anyone else.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:48 am    Post subject:

pointfour wrote:
Wilder does that to 99% of the population. That 1% is unfortunately Tyson Fury.

Haney completely outclassed Kambosos again. Lead rights and 1-2 were open all night. Not sure what Kambosos was looking to accomplish with the switches to southpaw. He would switch and do nothing with it. I wonder if Haney's lack of power will hold him back as he steps up in competition, as he probably shouldve put Kambosos away.

Time for Haney - Loma, young master vs grandmaster
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:50 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Don't forget his chin. My man did the greatest impersonation of the Undertaker I've ever seen after Wilder hit him with that shot that would have caused instant CTE to anyone else.

Yea, unless he’s looking for a payday, Fury next fights should be nothing but collecting belts. I still wanna see the US-UK Wilder-AJ
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:50 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Yea, unless he’s looking for a payday, Fury next fights should be nothing but collecting belts. I still wanna see the US-UK Wilder-AJ

If true I don't think Fury is looking for a payday. Tyson Fury's Net Worth is listed at $65 Million

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:09 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

If true I don't think Fury is looking for a payday. Tyson Fury's Net Worth is listed at $65 Million

$65 for a heavy weight champ prob on the lower side, promotional giants like Canelo or MoneyMay or even PacMan can clear that in 1 fight but I agree with you, I don't think he looks for payday, I think only thing now is belts
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 503, 504, 505 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 504 of 514
Jump to: