NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 430, 431, 432 ... 2544, 2545, 2546  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Jae was a terrible fit with prime Lebron in Cleveland.

Why would anyone think old Jae and old Lebron would be a good fit together?

No Laker fan wants Jae here.
He brings nothing we need.

That is flat-out incorrect, and I hate Jae Crowder.

Jae brings us a 3-D wing that we solely lack on the roster, anyone who doesn’t want him is doing it for hatred reasons instead of basketball reasons.

Happy to admit I’m one of those lol

Probably one of the only guys in the league I’d hate to see wearing a Laker uniform
#18 next...
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Russ/Pat/Dennis
Reaves/Lonnie/TBJ
LeBron/Crowder/JTA
AD/Weyen/Cole
TB/DJ/Huff
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Jae brings us a 3-D wing that we solely lack on the roster, anyone who doesn’t want him is doing it for hatred reasons instead of basketball reasons.

Given the guards we have, given that Phoenix wants another useful guard, given that we lack wings, and given that Phoenix has other wings they want to give minutes to, this seems like a deal that would actually help both sides. That said, do the Lakers see Christie as someone they'd like to keep and develop, and is Jeanie willing to add to the payroll? And of course, Phoenix may very well get a better offer than that anyway.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:09 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Probably one of the only guys in the league I’d hate to see wearing a Laker uniform

We already have Westbrook and Beverley, at this point it would just be white noise.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:21 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

I gave a basketball reason. I don't even hate Jae Crowder.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Kendrick Nunn is more valuable than Crowder.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:30 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
Kendrick Nunn is more valuable than Crowder.

In a down year, Crowder had more value last season than Nunn had with the Heat 2 seasons ago. Given the needs of our team, I don't think that's true. We signed a guy, Schroder, who should be able to at least approximate what Nunn can do, if healthy. We have no one like Crowder on our roster. We just don't.

Now, I understand arguments of "we shouldn't be giving up Christie, the scouts were obviously high on him", etc, but 3-and-D wings who legitimately make a defensive difference are worth more than bench sparkplug guards, in almost every case.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Crowder is 1 of the few guys who can irritate Curry and Harden with his defense and style, just imagine having Beverly guard guys like Durant and PG13 and Crowder guarding the elite shooting guards, that would give us lots of advantage in match ups.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:46 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
Nunn/Christie/1st for Crowder!! DO IT!!!

Is that you CP3?
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:48 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Ok, but does he really fit a need here?
I thought people here hated him.
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:50 pm    Post subject:

We don’t have the salaries to trade for Crowder, even Nunn, Gabriel, and Christie puts us at about 2.5 million short of a deal working…. Let’s give it a rest.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:50 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
logical24 wrote:
Nunn/Christie/1st for Crowder!! DO IT!!!

Is that you CP3?

Terrible deal.
You would give up a 1st for Crowder? Yikes.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Crowder makes sense if we can clear space for the Suns and get him for cheap.

Russ, Christie, 1st and a 2nd to Indy for Myles and Hield.

Wenyan to Phoenix for Crowder or New York for Cam. Whichever team wants the cap savings.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:52 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Ok, but does he really fit a need here?
I thought people here hated him.

You really think hate will get in the way of someone who gives us a much needed defense and 3pt shooting at the wing position? This isn’t street ball we have had guys like Barnes/Artest/Rodman playing for this Organization and most learned to appreciate them.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:58 pm    Post subject:

If a $47M player had to compete with a vet min player for the starting spot, that would mean we're admitting that the $47M player is worth AT MOST only vet min.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:19 pm    Post subject:

cital wrote:
We don’t have the salaries to trade for Crowder, even Nunn, Gabriel, and Christie puts us at about 2.5 million short of a deal working…. Let’s give it a rest.

125% + 100K rule.
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:48 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

I gave a basketball reason. I don't even hate Jae Crowder.

Jae has attributed his struggles that season to a lack of focus after his mother passed in the 2017 offseason. Though, he actually shot the ball worse on the Jazz and Grizzlies in the following years. The fit concerns with Lebron are overstated.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Do you feel wanted by the Los Angeles Lakers?

"I don't need to," Westbrook told ESPN recently. "I need to just do my job. Whether I'm wanted or not doesn't really matter. I think the most important thing is that I show up for work and I do the job like I've always done it: Be professional and go out and play my ass off and compete."

Quote:
Westbrook, 33, is in his second season with the Lakers and with it come assurances of nothing. He isn't promised to be a starter, or stay a Laker, or get traded to a team that will keep him on the active roster. He understands it all, and yet he's still smiling on this late summer afternoon.

Quote:
"I'm going to make mistakes. I'm not going to have good games. There will be times and stretches when I don't play well. I've owned that, and there were times last year that I could've played better and I own that part of it. Moving into this year, I feel even more prepared than I was in years past. That's what I'm looking forward to the most. That, right there, will get me past any struggles that come my way."

LINK
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:04 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

"I don't need to," Westbrook told ESPN recently. "I need to just do my job. Whether I'm wanted or not doesn't really matter. I think the most important thing is that I show up for work and I do the job like I've always done it: Be professional and go out and play my ass off and compete."

Quote:
Westbrook, 33, is in his second season with the Lakers and with it come assurances of nothing. He isn't promised to be a starter, or stay a Laker, or get traded to a team that will keep him on the active roster. He understands it all, and yet he's still smiling on this late summer afternoon.

Quote:
"I'm going to make mistakes. I'm not going to have good games. There will be times and stretches when I don't play well. I've owned that, and there were times last year that I could've played better and I own that part of it. Moving into this year, I feel even more prepared than I was in years past. That's what I'm looking forward to the most. That, right there, will get me past any struggles that come my way."

LINK

Hopefully Russ get its that it isnt his numbers that was the problem but how he approaches the game in general. In fact, I would be perfectly happy and thinks its reasonable if his numbers drop if he is playing good fundamental defense and playing within himself on offense.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:10 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LINK

Hopefully Russ get its that it isnt his numbers that was the problem but how he approaches the game in general. In fact, I would be perfectly happy and thinks its reasonable if his numbers drop if he is playing good fundamental defense and playing within himself on offense.

Nothing he has said between last season and now leads me to believe he understands where his deficiencies are. He thinks if he gets big numbers, he had a good game, regardless of if we win or not.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:16 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LINK

Nothing he has said between last season and now leads me to believe he understands where his deficiencies are. He thinks if he gets big numbers, he had a good game, regardless of if we win or not.

I don't think you need to believe. Westbrook just needs to perform, be professional, and do his job; like he said.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook basically giving you that vibe with the way he’s speaking that if he stays it’s all good but if he gets traded see you later.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Jae would be nice to have, an expiring $10m. Nunn since he has the biggest tradable contract + Max (prospect) +/- SRP + modified Wenyen contract to match $… is that legal?
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:44 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LINK

He says and does all the right things and is always so durable. But I don't know if the Lakers should spend anymore time on him though. There were plenty of opportunities for him to prove himself even before coming to the Lakers.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

He wants out of Phoenix because he doesn’t want to come off the bench, will he be starting here ahead of Lebron or AD?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 430, 431, 432 ... 2544, 2545, 2546  Next
Page 431 of 2546
Jump to: