The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1832, 1833, 1834 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:42 am    Post subject:

LakersInFour wrote:
Who gives a crap about LeBron's kids? Is that how far we've fallen as a franchise, that we're mortgaging the future to fulfill the wishes of what will soon be a 40 year player to play professionally with his sons?

What a joke.

Who gives a crap? Isn’t it obvious the Lakers do haha.

I understand your underlying concern, but you’d be lying to yourself if you didn’t consider the gravity of Bron’s influence not only to the Lakers but to the league.

There are negotiations towards the new CBA that potentially could give players equity stakes that they can eat off of after their playing days are over. We know Bron is going to be around after his playing days are over and he’s angling towards ownership.

He is also the premier name for Klutch and we know he is one of the founding fathers of that agency.

Quote:
KC Johnson @KCJHoop
Intriguing line in official team release on the new sponsor for jersey patch: “The Bulls partnered with KLUTCH Sports Group on the sale of its jersey patch.” The agency represents Zach LaVine and Lonzo Ball among its numerous clients.

Chicago ended up going with Motorola, but Klutch really out here making moves and appeasing Bron with signing his sons aint only a James thing, but it’s a Klutch thing as well. As that agency continues to grow and get their tentacles into more players, it would be in the Lakers best interest moving forward to be in good footing with Rich and that agency.

So imho I agree with you in that we shouldn’t bend over backwards for the James gang and drafting his sons here, but we should consider all the intangibles in putting forth a sincere effort in at least considering drafting his sons if the opportunity were to ever present itself.

But since you wanted a joke and I’m a people pleaser, here you go…

https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/status/1572225492291555329
#HeirApParent
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:26 am    Post subject:

Sports should have PTO days. You get this amount to be out sick or hurt, then you start getting your salary deducted.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:09 am    Post subject:

LakersInFour wrote:
Who gives a crap about LeBron's kids? Is that how far we've fallen as a franchise, that we're mortgaging the future to fulfill the wishes of what will soon be a 40 year player to play professionally with his sons?

What a joke.

Imagine the TV possibilities. Jeanie can even get one of Lebron’s kids hooked up with one of her WOW members and have a crossover event.
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:25 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

I understand your underlying concern, but you’d be lying to yourself if you didn’t consider the gravity of Bron’s influence not only to the Lakers but to the league.

There are negotiations towards the new CBA that potentially could give players equity stakes that they can eat off of after their playing days are over. We know Bron is going to be around after his playing days are over and he’s angling towards ownership.

He is also the premier name for Klutch and we know he is one of the founding fathers of that agency.

Kobe is turning over in his grave right now. I swear, if LeBron becomes a part owner of the Lakers I might turn in my Lakers fan card of 46 years.

Quote:
Quote:
KC Johnson @KCJHoop
Intriguing line in official team release on the new sponsor for jersey patch: “The Bulls partnered with KLUTCH Sports Group on the sale of its jersey patch.” The agency represents Zach LaVine and Lonzo Ball among its numerous clients.

Chicago ended up going with Motorola, but Klutch really out here making moves and appeasing Bron with signing his sons aint only a James thing, but it’s a Klutch thing as well. As that agency continues to grow and get their tentacles into more players, it would be in the Lakers best interest moving forward to be in good footing with Rich and that agency.

So imho I agree with you in that we shouldn’t bend over backwards for the James gang and drafting his sons here, but we should consider all the intangibles in putting forth a sincere effort in at least considering drafting his sons if the opportunity were to ever present itself.

I suppose it would be worthwhile to curry favor with one of the most powerful sports agencies in the future should the opportunity present itself. What's the 14th roster spot worth really? What I take issue with is the Lakers planning this half-decade farewall tour for old man LeBron when they should be working on putting together a competitive team.

LeBron ain't Cap. LeBron ain't Kobe. Those guys earned their retirement tour with the Lakers. LA don't love LeBron like that. And to be frank I think Jeanie is really out of touch with her fanbase if she thinks putting a 2nd round playoff team on the floor while parading LeBron around as he passes Cap's scoring record is going to satisfy Lakers fans.

Quote:
But since you wanted a joke and I’m a people pleaser, here you go…

https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/status/1572225492291555329
#HeirApParent

"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:55 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

And that isn't unreasonable.

The players aren't simply employees; they are the product,

There really isn't a reason they shouldn't enjoy a piece of the franchise appreciation they are creating.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:58 pm    Post subject:

LakersInFour wrote:
What I take issue with is the Lakers planning this half-decade farewall tour for old man LeBron when they should be working on putting together a competitive team.

LeBron ain't Cap. LeBron ain't Kobe. Those guys earned their retirement tour with the Lakers. LA don't love LeBron like that. And to be frank I think Jeanie is really out of touch with her fanbase if she thinks putting a 2nd round playoff team on the floor while parading LeBron around as he passes Cap's scoring record is going to satisfy Lakers fans.

It's weird how some fans seem to think Lebron is on a farewell tour. especially given that he just signed an extension that will keep him here at least one or two more years. I don't think the Lakers and Lebron himself are thinking in terms of a farewell tour at all.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:23 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:
What I take issue with is the Lakers planning this half-decade farewall tour for old man LeBron when they should be working on putting together a competitive team.

It's weird how some fans seem to think Lebron is on a farewell tour. especially given that he just signed an extension that will keep him here at least one or two more years. I don't think the Lakers and Lebron himself are thinking in terms of a farewell tour at all.

He also just averaged 30.3 ppg this past season and was playing at an MVP level prior to getting Solomon Hilled the season before. Not a top five or maybe even ten player anymore, but not comparable to Kobe in his last two seasons either.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Kobe had the whole team on his back in the second half of the year he tore his Achilles and was playing at an MVP level. Father time is undefeated. LeBron is going to be 38 by the time the playoffs roll around.

I'll be happy if he gets the Lakers another title, but I don't see it happening.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:34 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:

He also just averaged 30.3 ppg this past season and was playing at an MVP level prior to getting Solomon Hilled the season before. Not a top five or maybe even ten player anymore, but not comparable to Kobe in his last two seasons either.

Lebron is going to retire at some point, and he's going to be susceptible to injuries, but the notion that he is wrapping up his career now is pretty silly. He is indeed still an MVP-level player
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:30 am    Post subject:

A player that is injury prone due to age and unable to get his team into the playoffs MVP level... not in my book.
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:13 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Lebron is going to retire at some point, and he's going to be susceptible to injuries, but the notion that he is wrapping up his career now is pretty silly. He is indeed still an MVP-level player

For how many games a season? For three of his four seasons as a Laker his playing time has been severely curtailed by injuries. This is an age-related issue - it's not so much that players are more susceptible to injury, it's that it takes longer to recover from even minor injuries and perform at a high level. I don't think his ability to play at an "MVP" is going to suddenly "fall off a cliff;" it's that his ability to stay on the court has declined in the past four years.

Given his age and mileage, it is likely that his health and availability is going to decline over the next few seasons, rather than improve. Oh, sure, it's possible that he has a resurgence over the next 3-4 years and is able to play 65-70 games each year, it's just not likely.

Code:

Year   GP   Min   Pts   FG%    3pt%  Reb   Ast  Stl   Blk

2021   56   37.2   30.3 52.4   35.9  8.2   6.2   1.3   1.1
2020   45   33.4   25.0 51.3   36.5  7.7   7.8   1.1   0.6
2019   67   34.6   25.3 49.3   34.8  7.8   10.2  1.2   0.5
2018   55   35.2   27.4 51.0   33.9  8.5   8.3   1.3   0.6

activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:32 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:

What a joke.

Who knows? Lebron's kids won't even be eligible to play in the NBA for 2 and 3 years, respectively. A heck of a lot could happen between then and now.

It's anyone's guess if his kids will actually declare at that point, if Lebron will still be a Laker, and if we would offer his kids a contract.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:08 am    Post subject:

So when are we getting some hype videos and photos from the mini camp?

I'm sure we'll get the mandatory Russ smiling and Russ having a good time with Pat Bev ones too
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:54 am    Post subject:

Hope he can stay healthy for at least 50 games this season. I am sick of having injury prone star players.

2018-19 55 games played
2019-20 67 games played
2020-21 45 games played
2021-22 56 games played

I would be super happy if he can play 50 this season.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:47 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Hope he can stay healthy for at least 50 games this season. I am sick of having injury prone star players.

2018-19 55 games played
2019-20 67 games played
2020-21 45 games played
2021-22 56 games played

If he only plays 50 games we may miss the playoffs again. It will be Kobe massive payday and retirement tour all over again
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:48 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

2018-19 55 games played
2019-20 67 games played
2020-21 45 games played
2021-22 56 games played

If he only plays 50 games we may miss the playoffs again. It will be Kobe massive payday and retirement tour all over again

I am die hard Laker fan and I pray he will play 82 games. But facts are saying different and he played 55 games in average last 4 seasons. With 38 years on his back I dont see him playing more than 50. That is why I hope we will not trade our 1 round picks to please a guy who is probably done and we will not win anything with him anymore.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:12 am    Post subject:

Just as a reminder though on these games per season numbers. There were only 71 games three years ago, and only 72 two years ago. So that is 10-11 games fewer than usual. In 19-20 for example he only actually missed 4 games.

In relation to the number of games:

18-19: Played in 67.1% of games.
19-20: Played in 94.3% of games.
20-21: Played in 62.5% of games.
20-22: Played in 68.3% of games.

I think it's a fair assumption to say that he's going to miss some games. However if you are looking at his games played and not factoring in the reduced schedules then it seems like he's missed more games than he actually has.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:45 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Just as a reminder though on these games per season numbers. There were only 71 games three years ago, and only 72 two years ago. So that is 10-11 games fewer than usual. In 19-20 for example he only actually missed 4 games.

In relation to the number of games:

18-19: Played in 67.1% of games.
19-20: Played in 94.3% of games.
20-21: Played in 62.5% of games.
20-22: Played in 68.3% of games.

I think it's a fair assumption to say that he's going to miss some games. However if you are looking at his games played and not factoring in the reduced schedules then it seems like he's missed more games than he actually has.

3 out of 4 seasons in the 60s -that's a lot of games missed. The pandemic season was unique in that Lebron got to rest. I am no Lebron hater, I appreciate his efforts to bring LA a title. Everywhere he has gone he has won a title (or 2 in Miami). But his presence destroys longterm assets, that's also a fact and now he's a declining player in terms of production/games played and he can no longer carry a team to the playoffs let alone the Finals. He needs the most help possible, because of his age, and the Lakers have the least amount of assets. The best thing to do for us was to move him, and get some assets back, but we won't even go there because Jeanie needs to ensure the Lakers brand has relevance with star power.

All I fear right now is him having a Kobe like injury in the season. At LBJ's age if he gets one serious injury the recovery time and result is that he may never be able to play like an all-star/superstar again. Kobe was a MVP level guy in April 2013 and then never the same. It's the age and years. Lebron may escape any serious longterm injury, but I fear that it will catch up to him on our watch. Then that contract LA gave him looks really bad. Fingers crossed it never happens.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:34 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
The best thing to do for us was to move him, and get some assets back, but we won't even go there because Jeanie needs to ensure the Lakers brand has relevance with star power.

I don't disagree with you at all there. That's my biggest problem with the Lakers offseason. They either need to be all in on Lebron/AD. Trying to put together a team that can contend with them... Or they need to move them and getting what they can. They did neither. Instead they held on to all three guys, while making marginal roster improvements. I just don't get what they are trying to accomplish here.

It seems to me that Jeanie is trying to have Lebron break the scoring title as a Laker, while trotting out a losing team and avoiding the repeater tax. They haven't made a single move in the past two summers that makes me think the franchise is heading in the right direction. From the Westbrook trade, then inability to move him. To reportedly passing up on trades or resigning players to avoid taxes. To missing free agents due to not being willing to make trades to preserve salary cap for a weak free agency class. To the inability to close a Kyrie deal. The odd roster construction with lack of shooting, lack of wings, and an overflow of small guards.

You know I'm generally an optimist. But this front office is making it hard to find things to be optimistic about.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:20 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
A player that is injury prone due to age and unable to get his team into the playoffs MVP level... not in my book.
agreed
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:23 pm    Post subject:

I'm really excited for Lebron. He's always put in tremendous work to keep his body looking like he's still 28. His 3pt jumpshot has only gotten better with age. He might have to average 35 pts a game in order to carry this Laker team to a championship this season. Imagine breaking the all time scoring record while helping the Lakers to a championship. Can't top that. I wish him the best this season!
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Every Lebron dunk as a Laker... So Far
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:08 am    Post subject:

Lebron was a turnstile on D. Combo of age and effort. Even with effort, he’s going to get torched by the better SF in the league.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:17 pm    Post subject:

He’s cooked. He’ll still have some LBJ games but he’ll he guy-guy he once was can only really exist for a handful of minutes each game - let alone a few games in a series.

Dark days ahead.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
He’s cooked. He’ll still have some LBJ games but he’ll he guy-guy he once was can only really exist for a handful of minutes each game - let alone a few games in a series.

Dark days ahead.

Why do you think he declined so fast? Was it the Solomon Hill ankle injury? Prior to that, he was playing at an MVP level in the 2020-2021 season. And the season before that, he led us to a championship.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1832, 1833, 1834 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1833 of 2079
Jump to: