NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 459, 460, 461 ... 2544, 2545, 2546  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:04 pm    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
I know we are light on wings but dammit i want craig randall on this team

You see the distance he was shooting those 3's? Reminds me of James Harden or Steph Curry.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:17 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
twisted wrote:

You see the distance he was shooting those 3's? Reminds me of James Harden or Steph Curry.

Yes and in transition too, quite ballsy. If we get shooting like that around Lebron and AD.. Wow
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:57 am    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
twisted wrote:

Yes and in transition too, quite ballsy. If we get shooting like that around Lebron and AD.. Wow

Kendrick ‘Craig Randallesque’ Nunn, superb acting on HBO industry
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:49 am    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
was that the dude torching the Suns yesterday?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:34 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
twisted wrote:
was that the dude torching the Suns yesterday?
yep.... 35 points with most of his shots coming from beyond the parking lot (9-17 treys)
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:00 am    Post subject:

Charania, Amick, and Buha:

Quote:
While Westbrook wasn’t traded in the summer like so many across the league expected, league sources tell The Athletic that the prospect of him being traded in the coming weeks and months remains real. In a perfect world, Westbrook would find his stride with these Lakers, the team would perform at a high level, wins would follow and the franchise would finally show its short- and long-term potential. But a decision to trade him or not would be based on a multitude of factors – not the least of which are his play and his continued willingness to follow through on the plan set forth by first-year coach Darvin Ham. For this storied franchise that wants so desperately to make the most of LeBron James’ twilight years after he signed an extension in mid-August, this is a crucial choice that could determine whether the Lakers return to title contention anytime soon.

Quote:
Vice president of basketball operations and general manager Rob Pelinka, owner Jeanie Buss and senior basketball adviser Kurt Rambis seriously considered sending Westbrook and unprotected first-round picks in 2027 and 2029 to the Pacers for center Myles Turner and guard Buddy Hield, sources said. They held a series of meetings in the days leading up to camp to analyze the possible Pacers deal from every angle, with the views of Ham and Lakers executives Joey and Jesse Buss also being strongly considered in the process. The organization even delayed the midweek news conference for Pelinka and Ham as the debate continued.

Quote:
Throughout the summer, the Lakers and Pacers discussed several trade iterations. Some included just Turner, such as a package that would have sent Westbrook and one first-round pick for Turner, sources said. Others included deals centered on just Hield.

Quote:
The Lakers and Pacers also discussed adding a third team, such as the Grizzlies, who could take a 2027 or 2029 first-rounder from the Lakers for two first-rounders of their own to send to Indiana, according to sources. For the Pacers, every conversation with the Lakers led to an ultimate demand: Both of L.A.’s available first-round picks — or no deal.

https://theathletic.com/3651933/2022/10/03/lakers-russell-westbrook-trade-possibility/
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:04 am    Post subject:

More:

Quote:
Westbrook and Ham have gotten off to a much better start than Westbrook and former head coach Frank Vogel did last season.

During scrimmages, Westbrook has been doing many of the little things that the Lakers have asked of him. He’s been an active on-ball screener. He’s relentlessly pushing the pace in Ham’s uptempo system, looking for his teammates first and his own shot second. He’s been engaged defensively, hounding ballhandlers while adjusting to Ham’s new pick-and-roll coverage.

Westbrook slightly refined his shooting form this summer, and sources say his catch-and-shoot 3-point percentage has been improved in workouts and scrimmages.

Quote:
Ham’s trust in Westbrook – and Westbrook’s subsequent trust in Ham – has been a key component in the Lakers’ belief that they can find a way to optimize Westbrook in a winning environment. But if Westbrook struggles and they stumble at the start, then this Lakers brass that has been focused on this issue for so many months now might be back at the bargaining table before long.

RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:06 am    Post subject:

Thanks for sharing AH!!!!
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:07 am    Post subject:

I was interested in the Indy deal at first but I think ultimately the Lakers were smart to walk away. We should at least see what Ham can do here before making such a big move.

The good news out of that article is that Joey and Jesse appear to have a real voice at the table now.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:10 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Per @ShamsCharania, @sam_amick & @jovanbuha

Lakers 'seriously considered' sending:

Russell Westbrook &
two unprotected first-round picks (2027 & 2029) to Pacers for Myles Turner and Buddy Hield

Lakers are seriously idiots for considering this trade.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:13 am    Post subject:

I love the part about pacers saying no deal unless for 2 FRPs.

Can’t wait until they lose both Turner and Hield for nothing and don’t even get 1 FRP.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:15 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Russell Westbrook &
two unprotected first-round picks (2027 & 2029) to Pacers for Myles Turner and Buddy Hield

So......they are idiots for not doing the trade........ok
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:22 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
More:

Quote:
Westbrook and Ham have gotten off to a much better start than Westbrook and former head coach Frank Vogel did last season.

During scrimmages, Westbrook has been doing many of the little things that the Lakers have asked of him. He’s been an active on-ball screener. He’s relentlessly pushing the pace in Ham’s uptempo system, looking for his teammates first and his own shot second. He’s been engaged defensively, hounding ballhandlers while adjusting to Ham’s new pick-and-roll coverage.

Westbrook slightly refined his shooting form this summer, and sources say his catch-and-shoot 3-point percentage has been improved in workouts and scrimmages.

Quote:
Ham’s trust in Westbrook – and Westbrook’s subsequent trust in Ham – has been a key component in the Lakers’ belief that they can find a way to optimize Westbrook in a winning environment. But if Westbrook struggles and they stumble at the start, then this Lakers brass that has been focused on this issue for so many months now might be back at the bargaining table before long.

Thanks for the quotes.
I think if WB displayed things that Ham wasn't comfy with, the Lakers make the trade. So far it's sounding like WB is confirming to Ham's expectations. We'll see if it holds up and if the Lakers should have made the trade or not.

If the Lakers play poorly with WB, I imagine the trade can still be made before the trade deadline. If Indy hasn't already traded their guys. It would be sad if it gets to that cuz it would take time to acclimate those new guys and Indy might raise the asking price and the Lakers might consider that
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:23 am    Post subject:

Also in the article:
- they considered sending just one first for either Hield or Buddy
- they considered trading one first for two with Memphis so that the Pacers could get two
- they sent trade proposals for Kyrie in July and August, but the Nets and Kyrie recommitted
- Kyrie isn't thought to be part of their "long-term plans"
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:25 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Also in the article:
- they considered trading one first for two with Memphis so that the Pacers could get two
- they sent trade proposals for Kyrie in July and August, but the Nets and Kyrie recommitted

This is the best news.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:26 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
levon wrote:
Also in the article:

This is the best news.

All of this is good news besides Kurt continuing to be a voice in the FO.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:28 am    Post subject:

Major gamble going on here.

I don't think Russ's trade cost fundamentally changes much through the season. The Lakers have a brutal 11 game start and if we start of something like 3-8, teams will sense the Lakers desperation and remain firm on their 2 FRP price tag for Russ.

If we wait until the deadline, almost 60% of the season is done and we may already be outside looking in and the Lakers may just punt at that point and not think 2 FRPs are worth trading this late in the season.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:31 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Russell Westbrook &

I hang up the phone if I am the Lakers. My suspicion is they haven’t pulled the trigger but Indiana feels like they can get the Lakers to pull the trigger particularly if they get off to a slow start…so yeah idiots for making Indiana believe that it’s possible to get 2 FRPs unprotected.

I don’t know how much more idiotic this FO can be especially when it’s obvious to everyone and their mom that no one is offering even 1 FRP for Hield or Turner.

Last edited by LakerSD on Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:33 am    Post subject:

wait so the grizz were willing to trade one frp for two frps?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:34 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Russell Westbrook &

I hang up the phone if I am the Lakers. My suspicion is they haven’t pulled the trigger but Indiana feels like they can get the Lakers to pull the trigger particularly if they get off to a slow start…so yeah idiots for making Indiana believe that it’s possible to get 2 FRPs unprotected.

I don’t know how much idiotic this FO can be especially when it’s obvious to everyone and their mom that no one is offering even 1 FRP for Hield or Turner.

If Indy could have gotten this done for 1 unprotected FRP they may really come to regret playing hardball.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:37 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Russell Westbrook &

I don’t know how much idiotic this FO can be especially when it’s obvious to everyone and their mom that no one is offering even 1 FRP for Hield or Turner.

If Indy could have gotten this done for 1 unprotected FRP they may really come to regret playing hardball.

Correct, Ocho. They are playing this dangerous game of 2 FRPs or nothing. They are probably banking on the Lakers 1 FRP offer being there all season long. If I’m the Lakers, I say (bleep) off and no picks for you!
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:41 am    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
wait so the grizz were willing to trade one frp for two frps?

The idea was we'd trade one of ours for two of theirs to send to Indiana. The way the article was written made it seem Indiana blocked it, wanting both Lakers firsts (the more valuable ones). It also said Herb Simon wants to see Haliburton, Hield, and Turner together which is why the price is so high. I think the Lakers are betting the price comes down if the team falters early on again, but as yinoma pointed out, the Lakers might also be faltering.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:42 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Russell Westbrook &

Correct, Ocho. They are playing this dangerous game of 2 FRPs or nothing. They are probably banking on the Lakers 1 FRP offer being there all season long. If I’m the Lakers, I say (bleep) off and no picks for you!

Would be one of the worst trades, if not the worst trade, in Lakers history if they attached 2 FRPs for two mediocre players just to dump Westbrook.
No one with a brain can support that kind of trade.
Lakers are better off keeping Westbrook, ride out the season, which I feel will be much better than last season, and have that huge expiring deal off the books.

That is the best deal for the Lakers.....
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:43 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Russell Westbrook &

Nah...I consider 1 FRP but not 2....and maybe a 2nd round pick....It would obviously balance the roster and make this team much better....title contenders? Possibly....but this team as is...is 42 wins tops.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:46 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Russell Westbrook &

I don’t know how much more idiotic this FO can be especially when it’s obvious to everyone and their mom that no one is offering even 1 FRP for Hield or Turner.

Yea, I'm just thinking to myself, who does this news benefit?
It doesn't benefit the Lakers on the day they have their first game.
It might benefit Myles or Buddy if they wanna get out of Indy.
It definitely benefits the Pacers if Russ craps the bed.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 459, 460, 461 ... 2544, 2545, 2546  Next
Page 460 of 2546
Jump to: