KINGS -at- LAKERS - 10-3-22 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:21 pm    Post subject: KINGS -at- LAKERS - 10-3-22 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings

Ready or Not, Here We Go... Typical first preseason game where the team runs a couple of shifts for their main players, then goes to deep bench as guys slowly warm up for the season.

Ham wanted to see a competitive effort. It looked like there was a lot of thinking and hesitating out there, but he got some effective defense out of his first-half rotation players. The guys who didn’t have that fog of war around them stood out and were effective.

The Lakers started out strong behind Russ and got off to a 12-3 lead. Once the Kings started pack the paint, like most teams will against us, the Lakers offense slowed down. Still, they were getting into some of their fundamental formations and trying to get comfortable. It will be a work in progress.

Their defense, however, had a lot of length and was disruptive on drives and kept the Kings to just 41 points in the first half. Really, the difference between this preseason and the last one was that the starters in this game looked like they could win. Last year, that team never looked like they were close to winning games in preseason.

The Lakers had a 5-point lead by halftime, and Ham rolled out a Nunn/Christie backcourt, resting his stars to start the second half. There was just no playmaking and the offense was creating transition opportunities for the Kings off their miscues.

The Lakers lost the third quarter 35-13, and that was the game. Again, it was mostly G-League type lineups that you see in the first couple preseason games.

A lot of rust. The Lakers had 23 turnovers, the Kings just 7. The Lakers fell 105-75.

LeBron -- -- He looks good physically as usual, but is not in game shape yet. He was sucking wind a bit after that first stint. “To me it’s all about getting my conditioning,” he said. Nothing was comfortable out there with the new lineups and schemes. I do think it will be tricky for him with less shooting around him. We’ll see how that unfolds. Keep an eye on the three-man sequences with Russ/LeBron/AD working screens in the horns-type of formations at the elbows. He didn’t make a field goal in his 16 minutes. The Stats: He scored 4 points on 0-7 shooting (0-2 from three, 4-5 from the line) to go with 1 board, 2 assists, 1 turnover and no fouls in 16 minutes. He was a +2.

Davis -- -- A lot of thoughts there. First, the big three played 21 games together last year. They just don’t have a lot of natural chemistry. It’s a tough fit with Russ to begin with, but those 21 games were also with a different coach. So, I think it’s a little like starting over. They have some 3-man sequences they are going to explore. What we saw, though, was a lot of AD on the perimeter with the two-big lineups. He’s has to be not just a threat from three, but one that has some gravity or it just won’t work that well against better teams. His shot last year from three was horrid, but even his midrange was off the mark. Tonight, he went 2-4 from three on his way to a double-double in just 16 minutes. Defensively, the two-big lineups do look strong. You see that second layer of D either challenging drives or in there for rebounds with size. He was gobbling up boards. In closing of tight games, maybe that changes to more of a switching role and smaller lineup as he goes to the C spot. (At least I hope so.) We need floor spacing for LeBron to be effective in crunch time. I’m not sure we can close often with two bigs unless LeBron and AD are murdering it from three or something…or we are just locking up on D. The Stats: He scored 11 points on 4-9 shooting (2-4 from three, 1-2 from the line) to go with 11 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal and 2 fouls in 16 minutes he was a +2.

Westbrook -- -- Last year, we didn’t have a floor spacing big for him to work with. That should help him and everyone if AD can hit threes or Bryant can shoot 40 percent from three. Good start of the game from him as we had some good movement and guys putting pressure on the rim. But the paint started to get tighter and that slowed down, along with LeBron’s game. AD also was pushed out to the perimeter a lot. We saw Russ attacking off a stagger screens and hitting the roll man out of that for a score. He also had a nice drive from the corner to muscle and bump his man to score a layup. So we will see that stagger screen a lot. The corner drive, perhaps, we see him working out of the corners more as that’s where he more effective shooting wise. Too early to get into the nuances we need to see from him. But we want to keep an eye how teams don’t respect him off the ball. He/Ham need to find ways to make them pay by occupying those off-ball defenders. I think you could count the off-ball screens he set last year as maybe one every five games or so. Defensively, it’s about effort and accountability. Again, nothing to be concerned with in these first few games as they are just getting reps together and setting up the basics. The Stats: He scored 5 points on 2-3 shooting (1-1 from the line) to go with 2 boards, 3 assists, 1 turnover and 2 fouls in 15 minutes. He was a +1.

Nunn -- -- I don’t know that you can make too much out of the bench lineups, but the starting lineup with Nunn and Jones seems to be where Ham is leaning toward. This seems to be obviously because of floor spacing. If you are running the questionable perimeter shooting trio of AD/Russ/Jones…then you need a very consistent perimeter threat at the other guard spot. Last time we saw Nunn was about this time of the year last season. He seemed good when he was in that scoring guard role with others handing the playmaking. When we had him running the point, it was pretty awful as he tallied 5 turnovers. Schröder not being available and the team resting guys, I’m not going to read too much into that. The Stats: He scored 9 points on 4-7 shooting (1-3 from three) to go with 2 boards, 1 assist and 5 turnovers in 20 minutes. He was a -9.

Jones -- -- Last year, we had a very old center duo. DAJ had no business starting and it took the team way too long to figure that out. That was most noticeable on defense as he just did not cover a lot of ground. Howard, of course, had lost a couple steps from his championship run with him (where even then he had lost a couple steps). Lobs to Howard last year had to be on the mark or Dwight could not finish them. That led to fewer opportunities and less conversion on the ones we had. Jones showed some good post D and challenged a few shots well. The length caused problems when we had our two bigs in there. Offensively, we were out of synch and you didn’t see any real lob attempts with Jones, as you can just throw it in the general direction. That threat vertical thread should open up some spacing. I’m really curious to see how his perimeter shooting holds up this season. He made some improvements there. It did not look great tonight as he airballed a three and missed an elbow jumper. Let’s keep an eye on that. Additionally, a point of emphasis for him this season is said to be rebounding. He pulled down 4 boards. We needed a little more activity on that end. The Stats: He scored 1 point on 0-3 shooting (0-1 from three, 1-2 from the line) to go with 4 boards, 1 assist, 2 blocks, 1 turnover and 2 fouls in 21 minutes. He was a -15.

Reaves -- -- They had him running backup PG in this game. His stats in college and NBA in this type of role have been pretty strong. He had a couple miscues with passes early on and would finish with 3 turnovers. He did have a nice drive and dish to Gabriel for a dunk. Even with Schröder in the mix, I’d like to see more on-ball work from Reaves this season. We’re disorganized offensively, so I’m not worried about this game since he showed last year he was effective with the ball in his hands. This offseason, he put on some weight and strength and worked on his shot. He made one of his two attempts from three. He and Bev shared the court together in the first half. I’m guessing they are going to be the first couple of subs in games as our rotations tighten. They could also close games. The Stats: He scored 5 points on 1-5 shooting (1-2 from three, 2-2 from the line) to go with 1 board, 1 block, 3 turnovers and 2 fouls in 20 minutes. He was a -10.

Bryant -- -- Pretty quiet night from him. He scored a layup off the two-man sequence with LeBron. I think he will help LeBron/Russ as we go into those second unit lineups and they have some more floor spacing. Defensively, a couple of nice challenges. He moved well out there, but didn’t look really in synch with the guards. The Stats: He scored 5 points on 1-3 shooting (0-1 from three, 3-4 from the line) to go with 4 boards, 1 assist, 1 block and 1 foul in 18 minutes. He was a -9.

Beverley -- -- We will see the intensity pick up as the games start getting more meaningful. Of course, he rubs people the wrong way. Frankly, the Lakers deserve that energy. They need someone kicking butts into shape and playing with the right mindset nightly. Last year’s team had no junkyard dog in them. So you hope that’s what he jumpstarts with this team. He made a three on iso for his only hoop and got to the line a few times. Defensively, he disrupted a pass, drew a hook foul and mixed it up on rotations like he does. He teamed with JTA on the break for the highlight of the game, a lob dunk at full speed as Bev put it up there for him. You hope the strong D turns into easy opportunities like this with frequency. He had a couple less-than-ideal iso attempts that didn’t look great. I think with Schröder in the mix and your usual Russ minutes out there, you will see them more likely to take over at the guard spot in those situations. The Stats: He scored 8 points on 1-5 shooting (1-3 from three, 5-6 from the line) to go with 3 boards, 1 assist, 1 turnover and 2 fouls in 13 minutes. He was a -1.

Gabriel -- -- One of the better players out there tonight. I think he played like Ham wanted from the entire team. Strong defense in his first stint of 5 minutes, where he blocked two shots and denied a couple others. He’d finish with 4 blocks on the night. A lot of hustle on the boards (4 offensive, 9 total). LAst year, he felt like he was a step slower than you wanted. This first game, that wasn’t there. Really, one of the better players on the floor tonight. He mentioned this was his first healthy offseason, so hopefully we see some growth. Give me this and some three shooting and that would be huge. He couldn’t hit a jumper, but as the roll man he was somewhat effective as guys found him for dumpoffs. The Stats: He scored 6 points on 3-8 shooting (0-2 from three, 0-3 from the line) to go with 9 boards (4 offensive), 1 steal, 4 blocks, 2 turnovers and 1 foul in 20 minutes. He was a -12.

Toscano-Anderson -- -- He and Bev were first subs in for Jones and Nunn. That opens up floor spacing a little more in theory, but in reality we will see. I thought it was kind of an awful game from him outside of that lob finish on the break. Nothing was really playing to his strengths outside of that lone transition opportunity. First game and a lot of garbage lineups. The Stats: He scored 2 points on 1-5 shooting (0-3 from three, 0-2 from the line) to go with 3 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal, 2 turnovers and 2 fouls in 22 minutes. He was a -24.

Christie -- -- He led the team in minutes tonight. I almost forgot he was on the squad until he started the second quarter. Playing some with Russ and Nunn out there, so either he or Russ was guarding the SFs on a given possession. He showed some ability to get into the lane. His first NBA bucket was on an attack off the three line that he threw down with both hands. Later, he also tried to jam over a big on the baseline. That was tough, but he nearly had a poster. He’d also hit a baseline jumper. He had just 2 turnovers, but it felt like more. The passing was not good. Defensively, his length is noticeable on both the boards and shot challenges. He has NBA-level D and an ability to really grow there. They need the offensive game and shooting to follow. The Stats: He scored 5 points on 2-8 shootings (0-2 from three, 1-2 from the line) to go with 5 boards, 3 assists, 2 turnovers and 4 fouls in 24 minutes. He was a -25.

Swider -- -- First hoop, he took a bad pass and drilled a deep three with his man on him. He has shown from college to summer league to NBA preseason, he’s going to take and make shots with guys in his face. His minutes were with a really poor playmaking squad to start the half. Really ill-conceived. So Swider was a -19 after 7 minutes of turnover-prone Laker ball. He’d end up a -30 as a result of that. Defensively, you saw teammates and coaches giving him praise on a strong boxout and a defensive deflection as they tried to back door him and he went to the ground to deflect that pass. He may not be swift-footed, but if he can make the right effort that will help a lot. Those won’t show up in the box score (in fact, he really put up a line of 0s outside of scoring). The Lakers need shooting and he showed that with a couple of threes, getting fouled on another three and also making a 20-footer. He finished second in scoring with the 10 points. The Stats: He scored 10 points on 3-7 shooting (2-4 from three, 2-3 from the line) to go with no other stats. He was a -30.

Pippen -- -- We threw him in the mix when our Nunn/Christie unit showed that point guarding isn’t there thing. He got in over his head a couple of times, but the game didn’t seem like it was going too fast for him. He looked comfortable. He hit a fade in the paint after stopping and pivoting against a defender. He had a nice no-look feed in the paint to Gabriel for an And-1. He made a tricky stop-go-drive where he didn’t quite shake the defender. Defensively, he picked a man on help D. On the bad side, you saw him get smothered in the paint and threw a drive over the backboard. Not pretty. Good to see all our youngsters get a couple buckets. The Stats: He scored 4 points on 2-7 shooting (0-2 from three) to go with 5 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal, 2 turnovers and 3 fouls in 14 minutes. He was a -20.

Ham -- -- Key Moment: Maybe when the game ended and we had no injuries. You want a good sweat going and some shifts with various combinations, then shut it down. One of our challenges this season will not just be our continual roster turnover, but now the coaching/system turnover. We don’t have a lot of time to build that chemistry and continuity.

Key Substitution: Starting the Nunn/Christie guard combo in the second half as we sat our stars and vets. There’s just no playmaking there and you are putting guys into situations out of their comfort zone. The game quickly flipped in those first 5 minutes of the second half with that duo as we coughed up the ball a ton.

Key Stats: We mentioned the turnovers above already, so let’s go with 7-29 from three. Our perimeter shooting is likely going to be a big issue unless a few guys step up. FT shooting (20-32) was horrible, as well.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB! Appreciate your write ups even on an embarrassing loss
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Gabriel was FANTASTIC! Being our only true back up power forward with size, I had high hopes for him this off season but didn't know what to expect. He's definitely a keeper for a role in which we are short handed.

My favorite action of his tonight was when he held a Kings player from cutting to the basket and was called for a foul. He let out a primal yell because he was mad at himself for the silly infraction, which tells me he cares a lot about how well he performs. The very next play, he gets yet another block shot at the rim.

Me likey.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:06 pm    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
Gabriel was FANTASTIC! Being our only true back up power forward with size, I had high hopes for him this off season but didn't know what to expect. He's definitely a keeper for a role in which we are short handed.

My favorite action of his tonight was when he held a Kings player from cutting to the basket and was called for a foul. He let out a primal yell because he was mad at himself for the silly infraction, which tells me he cares a lot about how well he performs. The very next play, he gets yet another block shot at the rim.

Me likey.

Yea!!! AD, Russ, and Gabriel were impressive tonight. Liked their game. Had high hopes for Gabe as well from watching his defense last season. Like that he took a couple threes too! He missed them both but got 10 boards and 4 blocks!!!! Nice 👍
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:45 pm    Post subject:

People getting ready to jump over Niagara Falls because we lost big before we started taking key players out we were up by five
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:19 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB! I'm very interested to see more of Gabriel and Swider as these preseason games progress and the rotation evolves.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:32 am    Post subject:

Just what I wanna read from DB!!! hustle, defense, Russ played well, AD draining shots... good start
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:03 am    Post subject:

Allergic to the paint in the second half. They were not getting good shots. Kendrick is not a point guard. He didn't create for anybody. Juan iso kickout to Austin to beat the shot clock was the low point. Aside from the flash from Max, the poster dunk attempt over Alex Len, I didn't like anything from that second half. Much is said about Cole, but his outside shooting didn't open up the paint, instead it actually contributed to the blowout.

https://www.espn.com/nba/game/_/gameId/401474852

Hover around the rim: Max dunk (Juan assist), Lebron missed layup, Max missed floater, Wenyen dunk (Russell assist), Patrick missed layup, Thomas layup (Lebron assist), Austin missed layup, Max missed dunk [over Alex Len], Kendrick missed layup, Wenyen layup (Austin assist), Juan missed layup, Wenyen layup (Scotty assist)

Last edited by JUST-MING on Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:10 am; edited 5 times in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:04 am    Post subject:

Thanks, DB. Always good to see T&R back no matter the score.
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:21 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB.

To echo your point Nunn is not a distributing PG. He is a scoring PG and not a great one at that.

I asked WTF was Christie doing starting the second half. He must have shown a hell of a lot in the first week or Rob/Rambis were directing lineups from on high. Christie in summer league was a disappointment.

Was really concerned over the lack of rebounding, particularly in the first half. Lakers could not secure the ball allowing the Kings to have 3, 4, 5 chances to make a bucket on a single trip down the court. I feel Darvin with be addressing it today.

L7
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:38 am    Post subject:

Who won the jump ball?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:02 am    Post subject:

Yay T&R! Thanks DB
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:36 am    Post subject:

Sure hope they can figure out the spacing. Some of the most prolific scorers in the game are surrounded by elite spacing (Kawhi) and we're still providing terrible spacing to paint reliant personnel.

The bar was set low last season, so I'm optimistic either way.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:37 am    Post subject:

Thanks, DB!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:49 am    Post subject:

It seems like we had some sort of amnesia and forgot the big 3 played 21 games last year and had training camp. Making the exact same mistakes.

It's a small sample, but we saw that AD was hovering outside, and that the spacing was not what you want. Teams will quickly just sink if we run these lineups regularly. They won't be afraid of Lebron/AD/Jones/WB beating them from outside and will pack the paint in. Jones is a lob threat, AD is best around the mid-range and Bron is best driving or posting up in the paint. Nunn is a decent shooter, but not deadeye or elite.

I know defensively probbaly Jones/Nunn looks the best maybe to Ham. Also Rambis probably wants the Centers to start. But when you look back at even last season and Westbrook's time in Houston, the only time he had some success was when we ran Lebron at the 5 or AD at the 5 with Bron at the 4.

I don't know why we don't marry ourselves to that smaller ball approach, as long as you have some SF/SGs around Bron/AD/Westbrook, it can work. Even as a match up for Lebron at this stage of his career/age, he needs to be matched up with bigger players he can take off the dribble at the 4 and 5.

Maybe it's just me DB, but it seems our team has some sort of amnesia.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:55 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
It seems like we had some sort of amnesia and forgot the big 3 played 21 games last year and had training camp. Making the exact same mistakes.

It's a small sample, but we saw that AD was hovering outside, and that the spacing was not what you want. Teams will quickly just sink if we run these lineups regularly. They won't be afraid of Lebron/AD/Jones/WB beating them from outside and will pack the paint in. Jones is a lob threat, AD is best around the mid-range and Bron is best driving or posting up in the paint. Nunn is a decent shooter, but not deadeye or elite.

I know defensively probbaly Jones/Nunn looks the best maybe to Ham. Also Rambis probably wants the Centers to start. But when you look back at even last season and Westbrook's time in Houston, the only time he had some success was when we ran Lebron at the 5 or AD at the 5 with Bron at the 4.

I don't know why we don't marry ourselves to that smaller ball approach, as long as you have some SF/SGs around Bron/AD/Westbrook, it can work. Even as a match up for Lebron at this stage of his career/age, he needs to be matched up with bigger players he can take off the dribble at the 4 and 5.

Maybe it's just me DB, but it seems our team has some sort of amnesia.

It's not amnesia, just overall lack of competence when building a team
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:00 am    Post subject:

^
I'm fine with having 2Cs on the rosters as reserves, because AD is injury prone. But when you want Lebron/WB coming down the court with the ball, you want AD up high setting a screen or just getting out the way at times. You want that spacing for them to explode.

Defensively, you get elite not through size, but through long man defenders that move their feet around the big 3.

Not sure what we're trying to do with this, because while I have no problem giving the big 3 chance again, I just want them to at least have a puncher's chance to succeed with some floor spacing. They already all 3 want to get into the paint, and are best in that mid-range and in area. You need to put your 2 best shooters around them. Even if we went more small with Beverly/Westbrook, and then added our best shooter out of Brown/JTA, it's giving the big 3 a chance to get some open floor game going and some real offense explosion.

Weird way we're setting this up, IMO. The starting lineup in itself shows that the staff/FO/players don't understand what went wrong last year. We need to give Bron/WB/AD the maximum amount of spacing possible, not clog up the middle more and make them perimeter oriented.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:10 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
The starting lineup in itself shows that the staff/FO/players don't understand what went wrong last year.

And more importantly, they don't understand what went right during our championship run.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:23 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB!

I came away with some positives but overall disappointed.

Was pleased with AD and Russ who were my two main concerns in the starting lineup. With AD, I saw him wincing and out of the play after losing the battle for the rebound with JTA. That, of course, is my worry with him. With Russ, I am satisfied if he can keep playing more efficiently, with minimal turnovers, aggressiveness and effort. Good start for him.

The PG backups for Russ looks to be DS and Bev. Nunn is limited to being a small 2-guard. Reaves may be able to play 1 or 2 but still needs more experience as he can turn the ball over (3 this game).

Gabriel looks to be our best solution for backup PF. Loved his effort. Swider maybe a good backup SF. One is limited on offense and the other limited on defense.

Not impressed with either Jones or Bryant at center. Hopefully they will show improvement but my expectations are low.

Ham, the rookie coach, along with his coaching staff, certainly have their work cut out for them. Can they learn quickly and be able to drill down to the players, lineups and rotations that will be most effective? Will they keep the players motivated (which mandates being competitive and winning some of your games)? Will they be able to avoid the efforts of the RamBuslinka FO to mandate things like, oh say keeping Jones or Bryant in the starting lineup every single game?

Oh yeah, and that obvious spacing issue due to the lack of consistent shooting.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:40 am    Post subject:

Link

Pretty much a snapshot of how terrible the lakers played last season.

The fact we're seeing it again is concerning and the lakers won't make much noise if we continue to see this throughout the season.

Ham has his work cut out for him.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:55 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
Link

The fact we're seeing it again is concerning and the lakers won't make much noise if we continue to see this throughout the season.

mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:11 am    Post subject:

one adjustment Ham made is less mindless switches, it was the biggest reason our Defense sucked so much, everyone took the easy way out and switch on every screen. AD was always in the perimeter with our small guards guarding their bigs. no more of that this season, i am pleased to see that.
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:22 am    Post subject:

Laker7 wrote:
Thanks DB.

To echo your point Nunn is not a distributing PG. He is a scoring PG and not a great one at that.

I asked WTF was Christie doing starting the second half. He must have shown a hell of a lot in the first week or Rob/Rambis were directing lineups from on high. Christie in summer league was a disappointment.

Was really concerned over the lack of rebounding, particularly in the first half. Lakers could not secure the ball allowing the Kings to have 3, 4, 5 chances to make a bucket on a single trip down the court. I feel Darvin with be addressing it today.

L7

When else is he supposed to get playing time? I don't think any one expect non lottery picks to light it up their first couple games, but rookies and and end of bench guys play in the preseason.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:36 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
Link

Just watch Westbrook throughout this whole clip.

I mentioned holding him accountable on D. So if they are reviewing the film, let's see what happens. Will the effort change after being spotlighted on these or can they teach an old dog some new tricks there?
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:38 am    Post subject:

VujacicForThree wrote:
Laker7 wrote:
Thanks DB.

L7

When else is he supposed to get playing time? I don't think any one expect non lottery picks to light it up their first couple games, but rookies and and end of bench guys play in the preseason.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it. These first couple games, everybody plays. Give them a taste of the next level so they can put in the work needed. Really, this was two games. The first half teams and the second half teams.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: