Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:36 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Warriors just have so much depth and continuity.... Hard to beat teams like that. Right now I really don't see any team dethroning them.

Their young guys steps up too. I think Curry ends up with like 6-7 rings.

Continuity comes with 400-500mil payrolls, how can we compete with that?

We may not have their bankroll but we've also had front office executives that have made a litany of poor decisions and poor asset management. We could certainly be doing better than some of the nonsense rosters and roster decisions we've had.

Let’s face it, how often can you get a quality player with vet min? I got the RW trade was bad, but let’s say we trade him for Turner and Buddy and they both have great years, would Jeanie keep both?

Well when I say litany of bad decisions I mean decisions going way back that led to us being in the situation that we're in now. A litany poor decisions is what led us to this point of wondering about Turner and Heild. Other teams that also don't have Golden State's bankroll seem to be doing a little bit better with what it is they do have.

But ankywhoo here we are now...

Well, he was talking about GS, not other teams. I was asking a fair question. If we trade RW for turner and hield, and they have all star years(just for the sake of argument), can we keep both? I think you know the answer.
Let’s think about it this way, they have picks and assets, one day they call us and say, how about Poole(Wiggins or DG)+wiseman +3 FRPs for AD?

Indeed lol
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:38 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Warriors just have so much depth and continuity.... Hard to beat teams like that. Right now I really don't see any team dethroning them.

Not sure, but I think the 2020 roster would have gave them a run for their money.

Not a chance, LBJ and AD are not the same players anymore, and that doesn’t even factor in that 2020 roster would be even older today.

I'm not even talking about the championship roster... I was talking about the roster the following season. Imagine having Kuz/AC/KCP/Trezz/Drummond still.

So 2021? Yeah that might fair much better
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:38 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

We may not have their bankroll but we've also had front office executives that have made a litany of poor decisions and poor asset management. We could certainly be doing better than some of the nonsense rosters and roster decisions we've had.

Let’s face it, how often can you get a quality player with vet min? I got the RW trade was bad, but let’s say we trade him for Turner and Buddy and they both have great years, would Jeanie keep both?

Well when I say litany of bad decisions I mean decisions going way back that led to us being in the situation that we're in now. A litany poor decisions is what led us to this point of wondering about Turner and Heild. Other teams that also don't have Golden State's bankroll seem to be doing a little bit better with what it is they do have.

Well, he was talking about GS, not other teams. I was asking a fair question. If we trade RW for turner and hield, and they have all star years(just for the sake of argument), can we keep both? I think you know the answer.
Let’s think about it this way, they have picks and assets, one day they call us and say, how about Poole(Wiggins or DG)+wiseman +3 FRPs for AD?

The thing is if they do the trade they have no choice but to keep them because Miles Turner's contract is trash and Buddy cant guard soooooo?

I would be patient and wait....Good Teaching lesson for LEGM to shutup and dont make no more offerings of his "Friends" or Basketball decsisions because they right up there with MAGIC.

Ohh yeah i would trade AD and WB together if it meant we could get Victor...heck i would call the Pelicans right now and ask do they want AD back.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Man I hate warriors fans
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:41 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

The thing is if they do the trade they have no choice but to keep them because Miles Turner's contract is trash and Buddy cant guard soooooo?

I would be patient and wait....Good Teaching lesson for LEGM to shutup and dont make no more offerings of his "Friends" or Basketball decsisions because they right up there with MAGIC.

Ohh yeah i would trade AD and WB together if it meant we could get Victor...heck i would call the Pelicans right now and ask do they want AD back.

Not the point, let’s just pretend turner and Hield suddenly become 2 way studs , can we afford to keep them?
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:41 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Man I hate warriors fans

Their twitter fans are the worst.

Run their mouths like a mofo and can’t keep the lakers out their minds
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Vogel wasn’t particularly the issue with the team’s shortcoming last year, not even Ham can fix this mess, fans need to owe Vogel a apology.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Vogel wasn’t particularly the issue with the team’s shortcoming last year, not even Ham can fix this mess, fans need to owe Vogel a apology.

Vogel was never the problem.

Pelinka, post Championship year, put three straight rosters together that absolutely did not work and were a poor fit.

Add on injuries and a lesser coach in Ham... and you have this mess.

Pelinka received an extension and the Lakers added several more years of losing seasons.

Ultimately, this is Jeannie Buss's albatross because she is the final word on the FO.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Dan Woike going at Russ right off the bat first game of the season goodness…

Last edited by TDRock on Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I agree with this...he was in a catch 22. You yank russ...he pout and plays like hot mess. You let him play and he ruin the team....He had no way out.

The only thing i didnt like is the small ball junk...but i understood a little because so dummy named LEGM destroyed the Center group asking his good buddy Trez over and that was the beginning of the end...Small Trez and Too Slow Gasol...smh.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Hard to believe the Lakers were better than the Warriors for one season, seems like we diverged in opposite directions.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:51 pm    Post subject:

M2K wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Vogel was never the problem.

Pelinka, post Championship year, put three straight rosters together that absolutely did not work and were a poor fit.

Add on injuries and a lesser coach in Ham... and you have this mess.

Pelinka received an extension and the Lakers added several more years of losing seasons.

Ultimately, this is Jeannie Buss's albatross because she is the final word on the FO.

Honestly its not Rob's fault...you got a bunch of morons in the front office..Phil Rambi and no other Klutch

I wouldnt be surprise if they gave Rob a list to pick from smh......LOL!

But the main culprit is Really Jeannie..She could hjave stopped all this with one simple move LET THE LOGO DO HIS JOB WHEN HE OFFERD HIS HELP...but nnooooo she want to be like DOLAN....she got too much pride.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Klay with the TNT crew talking about when he got to the league the Lakers where Kobe, Artest, Lamar, Bynum, and PAU.
Tough juice

Then they go on to talk about Draymond and Jordan Poole’s fight.
Shaq mentioning about his scuffle with Kobe back in the days at practice.
Damn it still hurts hearing about these Mamba stories.

Klay has been consistent with his Mamba Mentality throughout his entire comeback.
Hopefully our Lakers channel their inner Mamba to make this season respectable to say the least.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:53 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Hard to believe the Lakers were better than the Warriors for one season, seems like we diverged in opposite directions.

The Warriors were 15-50 during 2019-20; look at them now.
This shows what good management, coaching and continuity can do for a team.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:55 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Good ownership is at the top for reasons why GS can bet what they are today
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:58 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

They kept the core together and didnt just give up the future for shinny things...looking at AD,

Also their structure is not determined by one player looking at LBJ...becak to if he would shutup they would have traded mayber THT and got Demar Derozin and other players when he was with the Spurs..but nope..nada..smh.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:59 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

True, everything starts at the top, unfortunately we seem to be lacking in that aspect.
Ryan1973
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:01 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Exactly! The Lakers won't be good again until Jeanie and her family sell the team. The front office is a joke as well but it all starts at the top. The Clippers started turning it around when they got a new owner.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:03 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
pio2u wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

They kept the core together and didnt just give up the future for shinny things...looking at AD,

Also their structure is not determined by one player looking at LBJ...becak to if he would shutup they would have traded mayber THT and got Demar Derozin and other players when he was with the Spurs..but nope..nada..smh.
yep, CONTINUITY, all winning teams takes time to gel & it usually never happens in one season. We got a lot of work to do.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Ryan1973 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Exactly! The Lakers won't be good again until Jeanie and her family sell the team. The front office is a joke as well but it all starts at the top. The Clippers started turning it around when they got a new owner.

Agreed, We can no longer operate as a mom & pop org.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Vogel was coaching the team poorly last year, but who tf is Darvin Ham for us to use as a benchmark of a good coach? The guy has no resume.
. It doesn’t necessarily prove that Vogel was a good coach, it proves neither of them were particularly good, if things continue like this. It’s only game 1 of course, but not encouraging.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:15 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

The TNT crew flat out said they can win a lot of championships in the next couple of years.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:21 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Curry and Klay were injured that year.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:21 pm    Post subject:

I elected not to watch TNT I'm watching spectrum and this is the second interview in a row where I have not loved LeBron's energy and how he speaks about the team. 🤔
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Pelinka should donate his salary to charity. He doesn't deserve to get paid for doing such a terrible job. Jeanie really values friendship and loyalty by giving him that extension. Vogel got the ax for coaching the team to a championship. Pelinka got an extension for building a lotto team even with Bron and AD. Go figure.

Like I've said before. Considering how many coaches we had to cycle thru before finally finding Vogel, I don't expect this time to be any different. Here comes the next coaching carousel presented by Jeanie and Co.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 36 of 37
Jump to: