*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers (10/20/22 @ 7:00 pm PT) Gm# 2 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:51 pm    Post subject:

I tried y'all.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:53 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
TMG wrote:
I get sick to my stomach thinking about Rob Pelinka getting a contract extension with this roster. It's sickening.

Its sickening looking at LEGM thinking he know talent. Its sickening having Klutch in the front office

Well (bleep) i'd think LEGM would know he needs shooters. It's fun to never blame Rob lol. Having Lebron is really a blame proof blanket .

Im sure Lebron went and said he wants zero shooting. Thats logical.

Seriously specially looking back at the teams around him since he got in the league.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:57 pm    Post subject:

ZU was the low key player of the game. 14 points on 6 for 6 shooting, 17 boards, 5 blocks in 35 minutes. We could have used a few easy put backs but ZU kept getting the board.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:59 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
TMG wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
TMG wrote:
I get sick to my stomach thinking about Rob Pelinka getting a contract extension with this roster. It's sickening.

Its sickening looking at LEGM thinking he know talent. Its sickening having Klutch in the front office

Well (bleep) i'd think LEGM would know he needs shooters. It's fun to never blame Rob lol. Having Lebron is really a blame proof blanket .

Seriously specially looking back at the teams around him since he got in the league.

Were they all Klutch Clients? because thats what we been doing for the past 3 years...starting with AD..D,,,D and trez...and KCP...it just goes on and on.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:01 pm    Post subject:

I hate to be right about everything. It's like I knew how everything would turn out and I'm in no position to be able to do anything about it. It's disheartening to see someone without much basketball knowledge tear my beloved Lakers apart. I feel like the Laker brand died with Dr. Buss. I also forsee that the Lakers would not win another championship for at least another 10 years assuming Jeanie remains the owner.

The current team is an imposter. The real Laker team has died.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:04 pm    Post subject:

I got to say, I liked Beverley’s tenacity
Lonnie is solid, as is Reaves.
Westbrook was playing hard too but couldn’t buy a shot.
Nunn had a terrible game.

Dudes that can’t shoot, shouldn’t. Including Beverley, Westbrook, etc. they should pass the ball or drive it.

I liked the defense at times but man, our roster sucks compared to the Clippers roster.

They need to look to trade Westbrook to try and save some face this season. If not, I see a lot of losses compiling.
Davis and Lebron will not play all 82 games.

Need shooters, have crap 💩
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:06 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
TMG wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
TMG wrote:

Were they all Klutch Clients? because thats what we been doing for the past 3 years...starting with AD..D,,,D and trez...and KCP...it just goes on and on.

AD/KCP won you a ring buddy... Trez was a serviceable big off the bench. Walker is starting to look like a bargain. Toscano is a minimum player who plays hard. How about the rest of the team who are not Klutch Klients? Are you implying reason we have no shooters because they are not Klutch?
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook, Bev, and Nunn combining to be 1 of 25 feels impossibly bad. (Westbrook is bad, yes, but coinciding with two horrific Bev and Nunn nights?)

Despite the mediocre-to-atrocious shooting from everyone but AD, the Lakers only lost by 6 points to a team many have picked to win the title.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:08 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
Westbrook, Bev, and Nunn combining to be 1 of 25 feels impossibly bad. (Westbrook is bad, yes, but coinciding with two horrific Bev and Nunn nights?)

Despite the mediocre-to-atrocious shooting from everyone but AD, the Lakers only lost by 6 points to a team many have picked to win the title.

Last time I checked those guys are not Klutch clients....
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:11 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
I got to say, I liked Beverley’s tenacity
Lonnie is solid, as is Reaves.
Westbrook was playing hard too but couldn’t buy a shot.
Nunn had a terrible game.

Dudes that can’t shoot, shouldn’t. Including Beverley, Westbrook, etc. they should pass the ball or drive it.

I liked the defense at times but man, our roster sucks compared to the Clippers roster.

They need to look to trade Westbrook to try and save some face this season. If not, I see a lot of losses compiling.
Davis and Lebron will not play all 82 games.

Need shooters, have crap 💩

Hence the crappy shooters.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:12 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
TMG wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
TMG wrote:

AD/KCP won you a ring buddy... Trez was a serviceable big off the bench. Walker is starting to look like a bargain. Toscano is a minimum player who plays hard. How about the rest of the team who are not Klutch Klients? Are you implying reason we have no shooter because they are not Klutch?

You won one ring in a bubble and thats your defense? lol!!! Trez was hot garbage and that showed when he got fried by Denver in the playoff by Joker. What we do? We bring him in...NOBODY was trying to get him..so why would we? He So goood right?...why he not on this team? You also lost your Centers due to that bone head move...dont remember that huh? DH nad McGEE...You stilllll looking for a decent center till this day! You have few Klutch clients on that team and im implying LEGM and KLUTCH should be kicked out of the office...no voice...because they suck and picking players.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:16 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:

It's like last season all over again. You have Westbrick who was terrible but your other option was THT. Slim pickings.

I still blame it all on Westbrick because his $47M salary made it impossible to sign quality role players.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:27 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
TMG wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
TMG wrote:

AD/KCP won you a ring buddy... Trez was a serviceable big off the bench. Walker is starting to look like a bargain. Toscano is a minimum player who plays hard. How about the rest of the team who are not Klutch Klients? Are you implying reason we have no shooter because they are not Klutch?

You won one ring in a bubble and thats your defense? lol!!! Trez was hot garbage and that showed when he got fried by Denver in the playoff by Joker. What we do? We bring him in...NOBODY was trying to get him..so why would we? He So goood right?...why he not on this team? You also lost your Centers due to that bone head move...dont remember that huh? DH nad McGEE...You stilllll looking for a decent center till this day! You have few Klutch clients on that team and im implying LEGM and KLUTCH should be kicked out of the office...no voice...because they suck and picking players.

Trezz was a former 6th man of the year when he signed here. A lot of fans thought that he was bargain get at that point. Vogel just didn't know how to use him. McGee was traded for Gasol... Last time I checked Gasol is not Klutch. Title is still a title man. A title that tied the Celtics with most ever.

Funny this team lack shooting and your blaming Lebron and Klutch for that?... Like I said from 2014-2018 Lebron was the known GM of that Cavs team... Look at the make up of that team. He was surrounded by shooters. Klutch has already been around at that time. Only difference Cavs had a capable GM at that time in Griffin.

Last edited by miggz23 on Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:34 pm    Post subject:

This team needs to run their offense through Lebron and AD from the mid post. Quit trying to be Gs and chucking 50 3s a game.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:39 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
I hate to be right about everything. It's like I knew how everything would turn out and I'm in no position to be able to do anything about it. It's disheartening to see someone without much basketball knowledge tear my beloved Lakers apart. I feel like the Laker brand died with Dr. Buss. I also forsee that the Lakers would not win another championship for at least another 10 years assuming Jeanie remains the owner.

The current team is an imposter. The real Laker team has died.

Weren’t you predicting a blow out tonight?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Fun game.
Lakers actually made me think they could win for a few of those minutes.
On to the next.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Kawhi came off the bench and only played 21 minutes so one could say this wasn't even the Clippers final form yet.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:45 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Kawhi came off the bench and only played 21 minutes so one could say this wasn't even the Clippers final form yet.

This wasn’t our final form either. AD played
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:50 am    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
ZU was the low key player of the game. 14 points on 6 for 6 shooting, 17 boards, 5 blocks in 35 minutes. We could have used a few easy put backs but ZU kept getting the board.

Magic traded him for Lakers legend MIKE MUSCALA
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:07 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

This wasn’t our final form either. AD played

fire
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:14 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
L.A.T.W wrote:
Lonnie Walker is my new favorite player, seriously.

He's a Monk 2.0.

Never been a fan of low efficiency one dimensional players. Show me something on defense and I will jump aboard
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:14 am    Post subject:

I felt like the Lakers had this game, they just couldn't deliver the final KO punch by hitting the needed 3's down the stretch.

After they were trailing by 4, Clips called a timeout, came out and hit a 3 to stop LAL run. We couldn't deliver the same after out timeouts..

20% on 9/45 from the arc is not going to cut it for us against most teams in the league.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:46 am    Post subject:

The Lakers played with effort and intensity defensively last night.
The defense did show some improvement but still isn't where it needs to be.
Bev, AD, JTA played solid defense; LBJ & WB had their moments.
With our lack of size, rebounding could become a big issue too.
We're going to need a more complete team effort defensively, for four quarters, in order to compete in the west.
    #DefenseLakersDefense
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:42 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
TMG wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
TMG wrote:

Im sick and tired of people talking about the bubble as if it favored us in some way lol. Everyone was put on an even playing field and the best team won it in the end. It's a chip. When i google last Lakers title it will say 2020.
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:07 pm    Post subject:

We are at the very best i think a play-in team and that is being generous. I am giving it less than a month before AD is sidelined. Our leading big (AD) is weak, fragile and sub-par rebounder. We better hope Bryant comes in and is ready to play a lot because AD is going to get us killed on the boards.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31
Jump to: