*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets (10/26/22 @ 7:00 pm PT) Gm#4 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:00 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Bron even giving Trudell a bit of a 'tude tonight.

I love it
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
To put things in perspective Vogel never started 0-4 as the Lakers HC.

We’ll it’s only been the 4th time it’s happened in franchise history and 2nd time in Lebrons career. First time was his rookie year.

Not sure what putting it into perspective as it pertains to Vogel even accomplishes.

It’s a disaster is a better way to say it, still enough time to turn things around but time is running out.
lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:05 pm    Post subject:

0-4 is rough. Somehow with the effort in the first 2 games, I thought we might figure something out. I was wrong, and I am shocked at the level of BBIQ out there from our supposed Superstars. This is a sad state of affairs right now. I wonder if there is any chance the Buss' sell. The Lakers should be run like the High-Class franchise they are, this mom and pop, let your buddy run the film room, and your bartender be the scout b.s. is as far from top tier professionalism as one could imagine. I feel sorry for Darvin, but mostly I feel sorry for us fans...used to get some of the most exciting and competitive basketball, even the 90's felt like a fun time despite the ringlessness. Now they are just selling names, the inmates are running the asylum, we haven't made a value plus trade in a long time, and we do not understand how to maximize cap space, skirt the tax apron, pay some luxury tax, but avoid the repeater tax. Im sure V17 would do it for half of Rob's salary. Man this is a bad look. Sorry, Rant Over.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:06 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Coach Ham says AD is "fine".

Per Trudell

Darvin Ham on Anthony Davis, who appeared bothered by his sore low back, but stayed in the game for his full 37 minutes: 22P (11 of 19 FG’s), 14R, 5A, 3S, 2B.

“He’s fine. He’s fine. He was able to get through the game and give us a lot of production.”

https://twitter.com/lakersreporter/status/1585492312326434816?s=46&t=o97mNLEmpUU02alwowILMg

Sore back.. Yea lets put him at C and have him guard Jokic.
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:07 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
acer77 wrote:
Lakers now 0-3 when outscored in the 3rd.

2021-22: 13-34 (when outscored in 3rd)

This team sucks. Thats about all the stats you need and it saves time.

Well, they suck mainly cause they come out of HT lethargic and uninspired.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:10 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
This game highlights why you can't lose games like Portland. Like you can't win the game and then just lose it in the last two minutes for no reason. Because then next game you're playing Denver!! So hopefully they get their mental back together when we play Minnesota.

Portland is 4-0

Portland just got blown out tonight after they lost Lillard with calf injury.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Are we actually going to tank for the Pels to get Wembanyama? If the Pels did get Wemb from us, I don't think our franchise would ever recover to what it was assuming it's not already in that state.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:12 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
This game highlights why you can't lose games like Portland. Like you can't win the game and then just lose it in the last two minutes for no reason. Because then next game you're playing Denver!! So hopefully they get their mental back together when we play Minnesota.

Portland is 4-0

Portland just got blown out tonight after they lost Lillard with calf injury.

Well too bad Dame played us
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:16 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Portland is 4-0

Don’t think TD’s premise is that Portland is bad. Them being 4-0 doesn’t have anything to do with the post.

We completely blew that game in the last 2 minutes due to dumb decisions.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Are we actually going to tank for the Pels to get Wembanyama? If the Pels did get Wemb from us, I don't think our franchise would ever recover to what it was assuming it's not already in that state.

14% chance to get #1 even if we finish dead last.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Portland is 4-0

Don’t think TD’s premise is that Portland is bad. Them being 4-0 doesn’t have anything to do with the post.

Yes that was exactly what I meant. WE had a good quality win in our hands and then WE lost it.
bertrome
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Similar to last season, only silver lining for me in another miserable season is getting to make money constantly betting against them. Nuggets -6.5 was easy money, with 3 more likely beatdowns on the horizon.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:20 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Good for the Pelicans, not the Lakers.
We have no picks.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:21 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Good for the Pelicans, not the Lakers.
We have no picks.

Actually we do... It will just depend where the Pels finish. Hoping they dont make the playoffs.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:29 pm    Post subject:

I wish we got more corner 3s instead of above the break ones.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Embarrassment, demoralizing, disgusting…another season of being a joke of a franchise. The GM that caused it got an extension. We may be in this for several more years.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Portland is 4-0

I know, I am just saying they are not a bad team. Of course that loss was demoralizing
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
This team makes me want to drink an insane amount of alcohol

Currently drinking fireball. I don't normally drink on a Wednesday and I don't drink fireball, but this game frustrated me and my girlfriend left fireball at my house and it's all I have.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Los Angeles Lakers never started 0-4 during Dr. Jerry Buss’s 34-year ownership tenure.
- Lakers will start 0-4 for third time in past nine years (Previous: 2014-15 & 2015-16).
- Remaining winless teams: Magic (0-5), Kings (0-3) and Lakers.

All of them, GTFO.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:17 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Per Trudell

Darvin Ham on Anthony Davis, who appeared bothered by his sore low back, but stayed in the game for his full 37 minutes: 22P (11 of 19 FG’s), 14R, 5A, 3S, 2B.

“He’s fine. He’s fine. He was able to get through the game and give us a lot of production.”

https://twitter.com/lakersreporter/status/1585492312326434816?s=46&t=o97mNLEmpUU02alwowILMg

You actually bring up a point that gets glossed over, especially in discussing trade options. AD has always made it clear he prefers to not play C, yet here he is, playing C. My guess is even when Bryant returns, AD will probably still play C most of the time.

It sort of explains why the Lakers were, per one article I ran across, "close" to pulling the trigger on getting Turner. While I know Turner has his own issues, he at least would be good enough to start at C and play with this group, and also save AD the headache of guarding a guy like Jokic, etc.

Before anyone gets too excited in arguing, I will concede there are arguments that can be made against such a trade. But, from a what's presumably available and allows AD to not play C perspective, it does make sense.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:50 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Per Trudell

if he can play he plays. We have missed out a whole season of him.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:43 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
The Los Angeles Lakers never started 0-4 during Dr. Jerry Buss’s 34-year ownership tenure.
- Lakers will start 0-4 for third time in past nine years (Previous: 2014-15 & 2015-16).

All of them, GTFO.

Those were ironically a great public speaking coach who had a great rap with vetern players/stars in Byron was coach. Weird coincidence. At least I hope. Our offense production is Byron level bad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:55 am    Post subject:

I've seen The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly I've never seen the Lakers this ugly in my 62 years of Lakers fandom.

Our FO is a joke. IMO the Buss ride isn't over. I'm not getting off the Lakers Buss but I'm gonna take a back seat. I don't see a season with anything good on the horizon.

Love me some Jeanie but I don't think she has what it takes to lead the franchise. Don't sell, that would turn Dr. Buss in his resting place. HIre some confident people in the FO and exercise patience. It's early and there may be a miracle in waiting.

I'ma be here, I'ma ride the Buss till the wheels fall off.

GO LAKERS!!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:41 am    Post subject:

The hits just keep coming.
Quote:
ESPN Stats & Info ( a t ) ESPNStatsInfo
The Lakers are shooting 33-for-148 on 3s this season.
That 22.3% 3-pt FG pct is the worst over any 4-game span by any team within a season in NBA history (min. 125 3-pt FGA).
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:48 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

All of them, GTFO.

Those were ironically a great public speaking coach who had a great rap with vetern players/stars in Byron was coach. Weird coincidence. At least I hope. Our offense production is Byron level bad.

this is bad shooting. I have seen a lot of wide open bricks. BScott situation was different. he was brought here to celebrate kobe. We are actually generating decent looks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 28 of 29
Jump to: