Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:46 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I watched The Old Man. It's a great series. I'm hooked. DMR, I'm confused. Who's Emily/Angela's father, Dan Chase or Farzad Hamazad? I think it's Hamazad. I think his daughter is what Chase has that he wants.

The series has been renewed. Can't wait for it to drop.

I'm sure you don't really want spoilers, so just watch the show. I'll just sat this: the real story line on Angela is not who her father is, but which father figure has been the one most connected and invested in her; even saying that is a bit of a spoiler. So, like I said, just enjoy the show and watch it play out.

Great reply. No, I don't and yes it is. I like your take on take on investments. I'll just enjoy and see. 🤜🏾🤛🏾

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject:

The Watcher on Netflix has been really enjoyable. Hard to turn it off.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:39 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I finished it up last night. There are 7 episodes. I won't spoil anything for you or share my thoughts until you've seen it all, so let me know when you've finished it and what you think.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:17 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I finished it up last night. There are 7 episodes. I won't spoil anything for you or share my thoughts until you've seen it all, so let me know when you've finished it and what you think.

I finished and read a bit about the true story. Great, suspenseful series. Very perplexing. The series makes an LLC buyer seem much more secretive than it really is. There still has to be a named person given representative capacity, and the money should be traceable if they thought the LLC did it. Originally I thought the neighbors might be working together to use the house as a slot machine, selling high, scaring the new owners and buying low…repeat. But the timeline of sales and how long people owned the house don’t really match up with that.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:10 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I finished and read a bit about the true story. Great, suspenseful series. Very perplexing. The series makes an LLC buyer seem much more secretive than it really is. There still has to be a named person given representative capacity, and the money should be traceable if they thought the LLC did it. Originally I thought the neighbors might be working together to use the house as a slot machine, selling high, scaring the new owners and buying low…repeat. But the timeline of sales and how long people owned the house don’t really match up with that.

I thought it was compelling through the first part of the 7-episode series, with enough mystery to keep me highly interested. But I thought it kind of went in a bunch of different directions in the latter 3+ episodes or so, and I didn't find it to be that satisfying of a conclusion. It was an odd thing that was happening to them, sure, but they (Ryan Murphy) made it way more dramatic and serious than it actually was, when I read about the real story last night after I got done watching it. And then with all the drama that was put out there, I don't think the payoff was that compelling.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:48 pm    Post subject:

I just started The Watcher. I'd appreciate it if all who've seen it hold up on the spoilers. I'm gonna binge it after the Lakers game tonight. I've also started H2N. I rented it from Amazon Prime. I have 48 hours to finish it. I'm gonna try to see Kyrie's side of the controversy.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:29 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I just started. I'd appreciate it if those who've finished would hold the spoilers. I'll binge tonight. I'm watching H2N. I rented it from Prime Video. I have 48 hours to watch it.

I finished The Watcher. It left a lot to be desired. Looks like a cycle Is Dean Donncok the new Watcher? Are the neighbors going to continue to harass anyone who wants to make changes to the property? I thought Karen Calhoun was the one who wanted to scare people, buy low, and sell high. I googled to see if there would be a season 2. It doesn't look like there will be.

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:40 pm    Post subject:

WESTWORLD: HBO Cancels Sci-Fi Drama Series After Four Seasons

Quote:
In a somewhat surprising move given the recent season finale's cliffhanger ending, HBO has decided to cancel Westworld after a four-season run.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/westworld-canceled-hbo-1235328276/
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Gangs of London s2 is out. Anyone watch yet? Loved the first season of this show..was one of the good ones in recent memory.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Gangs of London s2 is out. Anyone watch yet? Loved the first season of this show..was one of the good ones in recent memory.

Hell ya. I've been busy lately. But I've still crammed in 2 episodes.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:17 am    Post subject:

I started The Peripheral on Prime Video. So far it’s an entertaining show. From the makers of Westworld with some similar themes. The acting is better than I expected and the action is good also. It has elements of a Westworld and Ready Player One type of story.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:46 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
I started The Peripheral on Prime Video. So far it’s an entertaining show. From the makers of Westworld with some similar themes. The acting is better than I expected and the action is good also. It has elements of a Westworld and Ready Player One type of story.

I jumped into this thread to say the exact same thing. This show is definitely worth watching.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:16 am    Post subject:

Netflix - my encounter with evil (Mexican)… interesting, Catholic exorcism always scary
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:03 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I started Peripheral twice. I'm gonna try to get into it.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Amazon prime, check out hands of god
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:14 pm    Post subject:

The guy who created Peaky Blinders, and See. He has a show out on epix. Called SAS rogue heroes. It's sad. But it's also fantastic. A lock on my top 10 list for this year.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10405370/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_6
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:10 am    Post subject:

I enjoyed Inside Man on Netflix. 4 episodes. May not be for all but certainly a writers room I would have loved to be part of.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Wednesday on Netflix is Adams' family meets scooby doo meets Hogwarts, all directed by Tim Burton. It was a fun, mindless viewing. Target audience was probably 15-25.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:25 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Wednesday on Netflix is Adams' family meets scooby doo meets Hogwarts, all directed by Tim Burton. It was a fun, mindless viewing. Target audience was probably 15-25.

I watched E1. I kinda like it.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Watch E2. Love the way she talks to the Hand. Your fun description is spot on.

dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:11 pm    Post subject:

The new Taylor Sheridan Show starring Sylvester Stallone on Paramount+ called "King of Tulsa" started a few weeks ago. It has some potential.

Also, Domenick Lombardozzi plays a character with hair.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, LS for the heads-up on Wednesday. I like the series. Netflix may air a season II.

ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:25 am    Post subject:

Cunk on Earth. This show if effing hilarious
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:24 am    Post subject:

Is there a good non bromance Chinese/HK series on Netflix/Prime? Action-ish, like Warriors but not Hollywood
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:46 am    Post subject:

Jack Ryan season 3 is up!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 87 of 110
Jump to: