Most Aggressive Dog Breeds study
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:59 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Wait. You just were presented with a fictitious car was equipped with deadly blades that kill drivers and passengers and others sometimes randomly, and your observation is that maybe driving it slow would be ok?

Got it. as noted not a car guy. If the goal is to make up fictitious scenarios then there is no argument. The stereotyping of anything isn't ideal. You can show me the worst and I can show you the best.

Like everything, surroundings and how "creatures" are raised ultimately determine how they end up. Obviously, we could take this debate away from dog breeds and put it onto people but why.

Obviously, people > dogs but like people, some dogs are at the point of no return and should be handled as such.

Some can be reformed and some were raised to know and do the right thing.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:12 am    Post subject:

This is a concept known as an analogy, which uses an often hypothetical or manufactured situation to illustrate something about an actual one. That’s the whole point of an analogy. To take someone outside if the actual where their biases may prevent understanding.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:25 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
This is a concept known as an analogy, which uses an often hypothetical or manufactured situation to illustrate something about an actual one. That’s the whole point of an analogy. To take someone outside if the actual where their biases may prevent understanding.

I understand.
Its like
humans raised in households with zero love, zero guardrails, abused, etc probably grow up with a similar pattern

Humans raised with love, discipline and teachings most likely grow up in a similar pattern.

in both cases, there can be loose chips in the brain that cause reverse outcomes.

Just like pits.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:02 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I understand.
Its like
humans raised in households with zero love, zero guardrails, abused, etc probably grow up with a similar pattern

Humans raised with love, discipline and teachings most likely grow up in a similar pattern.

in both cases, there can be loose chips in the brain that cause reverse outcomes.

Just like pits.

This would hold true if this was actually the result. I was huge skeptic based on what I had read and my built in desires and biases, but the data is pretty irrefutable. It's not just poorly raised or trained. No other breed of dog has the frequency and devastating efficacy of attacks that pits do.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Wait. You just were presented with a fictitious car was equipped with deadly blades that kill drivers and passengers and others sometimes randomly, and your observation is that maybe driving it slow would be ok?

The real world versions of the Ferrari Guillotino were sadly more dowdy. Corvair and the Pinto pre gas tank bladders. Corvair's rear air cooled engine plus swing rear axle would cause the rear wheels to camber all the way into the wheel well after rolling over a low dip and the tires would clip the undercarriage thus causing a fishtail. The manufacturer's manual had to advise 15 pounds of pressure for the rears and 30 for the fronts or some similar wide disparity, but few did it. The Corvair was much more bleeped up than the reffing in Game 6, Ralph.

Early Pinto models scrimped on safety and had crappy gas tanks that were easily punctured in low speed rear collisions and often caught fire. In Top Secret, a vehicle barely touches a Pinto's bumper to the sound of crystal glasses pinging and then the Pinto explodes. Good gag, tho dated. Doors would also be crammed shut from impact. I knew someone who survived severe burns in a Pinto fire, tho he had a skin tone as deep as Manute Bol's so the swirling on his arms didn't show until you were close up to him. Both of his forearms were completely swirled and his torso probably had extensive burns as well, tho I didn't wanna bring up what was probably the worst day of his life by asking him, but I did know the overall gist of the story from others. By the time Ford put rubber liners inside the tanks, making them fully puncture proof, the rep was already kaput. It could've been the cheapest and safest car of its size ever made to that point, but Ford got greedy on em.

To tie this back into dangerous dogs, don't take your diabetic son in your Pinto low on fuel anywhere that a rabid St. Bernard might be present.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:24 am    Post subject:

pitbulls scalp 11 year old boy in Georgia

https://www.augustachronicle.com/story/news/local/2023/01/13/11-year-old-appling-boy-mauled-by-pit-bulls-recovering-says-his-mother/69799179007/

just an old sweet song

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:46 am    Post subject:

Dogs, like humans, are a product of their environment. My pit/boxer is nothing but love.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:10 am    Post subject:

Unfort, pits are often the product of a numbskull environ. Too many meatheads who feel validated or Alpha by having one (and then honing its viciousness) want pitbulls as pets. Not only that, but they tend to be irresponsible and leave them in yards the dog(s) can escape.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:58 pm    Post subject:

The top 5 dog breeds with the most bite attacks in the United States are listed below.

1) Pit Bull. Attacks: 3,397. Deaths: 295. ...
2) Rottweiler. Attacks: 535. Deaths: 8. ...
3) German Shepherd. Attacks: 113. Deaths: 15. ...
4) Presa Canario. Attacks: 111. Deaths: 18. ...
5) Wolf-Dog Hybrids. Attacks: 85. Deaths: 19.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:38 pm    Post subject:

This thread keeps repeating itself.

Yes, there are plenty of pit bulls who are well behaved and haven't attacked anybody.

Sure, environment is one factor in whether they act aggressively or not.

However, the evidence is undeniable. Pit bulls are clearly the most dangerous breed by far. The way thy have been bred over history has accentuated and engrained that trait. Even good pit bulls in good homes have proven themselves to be prone to reflexively acting upon those traits. Those who have been fortunate to have good experiences with the breed should consider themselves lucky that their pets have not had that one incident that is a trigger for their pet. It would be false to claim that because one's experience has been positive, it negates the inherent traits within the breed that pose a threat.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:17 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
This thread keeps repeating itself.

Yes, there are plenty of pit bulls who are well behaved and haven't attacked anybody.

Sure, environment is one factor in whether they act aggressively or not.

However, the evidence is undeniable. Pit bulls are clearly the most dangerous breed by far. The way thy have been bred over history has accentuated and engrained that trait. Even good pit bulls in good homes have proven themselves to be prone to reflexively acting upon those traits. Those who have been fortunate to have good experiences with the breed should consider themselves lucky that their pets have not had that one incident that is a trigger for their pet. It would be false to claim that because one's experience has been positive, it negates the inherent traits within the breed that pose a threat.

There are plenty of well-behaved pitbulls until one of the bad ones rips off your genitals. At that point, you're not as quick to defend the good ones.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:15 am    Post subject:

Nice dogs, the only surprise here is that it wasn't in Florida.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11792629/Pitbull-owner-31-arrested-bloodthirsty-dogs-mauled-man-81-death.html
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:55 pm    Post subject:

It's as DMR posted, this thread keeps repeating itself. There's a reason and I don't think it should be environmentally reasoned. I believe it's inbred. That's an opinion.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:17 am    Post subject:

Each dog has a unique personality, has characteristics that reflect their breed, and challenges that come from both those things and also the size / power of each dog.

I think an important part of picking a dog breed that a lot of first time owners maybe don't realilse, is that some dogs are a lot easier to train than others, and that with stronger dogs the risk is much greater if not trained properly. A lot of people maybe don't pick the right dog for their lifestyle / experience.. I volunteered at a rescue dog shelter when I was younger, and the amount of people who would give away their dogs "because it was too hard" or "picked it because it was good looking dog" or any number of reasons that showed they didn't understand what it meant to be an owner of that particular breed, it was crazy.

In my opinion, dogs are wonderful, but a huge commitment too though. People need to understand their breed, what it needs to be happy, training, what it is capable of, and also at THEY are capable of as owners.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:02 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Each dog has a unique personality, has characteristics that reflect their breed, and challenges that come from both those things and also the size / power of each dog.

I think an important part of picking a dog breed that a lot of first time owners maybe don't realilse, is that some dogs are a lot easier to train than others, and that with stronger dogs the risk is much greater if not trained properly. A lot of people maybe don't pick the right dog for their lifestyle / experience.. I volunteered at a rescue dog shelter when I was younger, and the amount of people who would give away their dogs "because it was too hard" or "picked it because it was good looking dog" or any number of reasons that showed they didn't understand what it meant to be an owner of that particular breed, it was crazy.

In my opinion, dogs are wonderful, but a huge commitment too though. People need to understand their breed, what it needs to be happy, training, what it is capable of, and also at THEY are capable of as owners.

Yes. Also, being a lifelong owner of the tougher breeds I would support some breeds needing the owners to have licenses. If you own a pit there should be some mandates.

Life long training
secure yards
No apts.
and the dog should not be past a point of no return.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Definitely agree that certain dogs should require a higher level of understanding / expertise from their owners, be it a license or some other way to demonstrate proficiency.

We have a German shepherd who is super well behaved, but we have lots of dogs across our family and have always had dogs. He’s taken a lot of training and requires a lot of exercise and attention, I don’t think he’d be the type of dog that an inexperienced owner would manage well with.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Saw a clip of the latest pitbull related death, a dog savaging an 81 yr old man on the ground with agonized expressions of pain as the dog conntinuously changed its grip on his left arm. He was all bloodied up. Imagine making it to 80 and you go out THAT way. Pitts. Cuddly breed.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:35 pm    Post subject:

If I had kids no way I'd own a Pit.

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:36 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
If I had kids no way I'd own a Pit.

Pits > kids
With all due respect to mine.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: