Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 173, 174, 175 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:54 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Geno Smith"They wrote me off, I ain't write back though" He's lighting it up today. He's making money off the quote. He trademarked it.

Seahawks are for real. They could be a threat to win the division. Crazy that they were supposed to be tanking for a high draft pick, but I guess all those outcasts had a crazy idea to win football games.

It was fun to watch them David the Giants. Pretty much owned them almost from the get go, and if not for a couple of mistakes, it would have been worse.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:06 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Geno Smith"They wrote me off, I ain't write back though" He's lighting it up today. He's making money off the quote. He trademarked it.

Seahawks are for real. They could be a threat to win the division. Crazy that they were supposed to be tanking for a high draft pick, but I guess all those outcasts had a crazy idea to win football games.

It was fun to watch them David the Giants. Pretty much owned them almost from the get go, and if not for a couple of mistakes, it would have been worse.

The Giants did muff 2 punts, though, which were killers.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:36 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

True, but the Hawks D was really stifling the Giants
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:23 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

True, but the Hawks D was really stifling the Giants

Agreed. They have come a long way from early in the season, when they had no prayer of stopping the run or the pass. They've become particularly stingy against the pass in the past month. I panned them, but they had a great offseason and look like they may have found a couple of gems in the draft, such as Woolen. Heck, Geno Smith might be a legit above-average starter in the league, who knows. And they certainly have the draft capital to make a play for a young QB in the draft in the next couple of years, should they choose to do so.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:08 am    Post subject:

DAMN!!! šŸ˜” šŸ¤¬Cowboys won and no SAS. I set my alarm clock to watch FirstTake this morning. I was looking forward to watching SAS and Michael Irving go at it. SAS is down with COVID again. Molly wore a short dress this morning. She's definitely very serious eye candy.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Carolina kicker might be looking for a new team after that debacle.

Naw, the goat (not the good kind) of that game was Moores. They should make him walk home after that stupid celebration penalty that cost the the extra point to win in regulation.

Forget the missed extra point, you could put that on Moores.

But the guy compounded that by badly shanking a chip shot 32 year old FG in overtime with an amateur looking approach to the ball that showed a lot of nerves.

I would cut him.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:04 pm    Post subject:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/02/arrest-made-in-brian-robinson-shooting/

Quote:
Arrest made in Brian Robinson shooting

The Metropolitan Police Department in Washington D.C. announced on Wednesday that they have made an arrest in the shooting of Commanders running back Brian Robinson.

In a release, the department announced that two male suspects carrying handguns attempted to rob Robinson on August 28 and one of them fired at him when he resisted. The two suspects fled at that point without taking any property.

The release goes on to say that a 17-year-old male ā€” who was 16 at the time of the shooting ā€” has been arrested and charged with assault with intent to rob while armed with a gun. They also shared photos and video of the other suspect in the case.

Robinson was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries and he returned to the Commanders lineup after missing the first four games of the season.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Carolina kicker might be looking for a new team after that debacle.

Naw, the goat (not the good kind) of that game was Moores. They should make him walk home after that stupid celebration penalty that cost the the extra point to win in regulation.

Forget the missed extra point, you could put that on Moores.

But the guy compounded that by badly shanking a chip shot 32 year old FG in overtime with an amateur looking approach to the ball that showed a lot of nerves.

I would cut him.

There's no shank in OT if Moores don't commit a stupid penalty that even a rookie in his first game should get shamed for. Cutting a kicker for missing an OT kick he should never have had to be in the position to kick is putting blame in the wrong place.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:46 pm    Post subject:

I don't think I have ever seen as many teams consistently get preferential treatment by the refs in the NFL as much as the current Kansas City team.

Every game I watch, the refs are bending over backwards to keep them in it, Travis Kelce in particular would have made a great mid-80s Celtic with his endless flopping and begging for calls.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:13 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I don't think I have ever seen as many teams consistently get preferential treatment by the refs in the NFL as much as the current Kansas City team.

Every game I watch, the refs are bending over backwards to keep them in it, Travis Kelce in particular would have made a great mid-80s Celtic with his endless flopping and begging for calls.

Watching the Cheifs vs Jaguars. They got caught sleeping on the opening kickoff. Jax did an onside kick and recovered the ball but the Cheifs defense held them to no score. It's 32degrees in KC.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:18 pm    Post subject:

The $40 million man Dak Prescot and $50 million Aaron Rogers are battling. If Green Bay beats Dallas SAS is gonna have a field day with Michael Irving. Going into OT 28 28. The Cowboys won the toss-up. They get the ball to start OT.

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:52 pm    Post subject:

It would be full circle if this loss to the Colts ends Josh McDaniels stint with the Raiders..
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:54 pm    Post subject:

McCarthy goes for a 4th and 4 on Packer 45 and didn't make it. They were in field goal range. GB wins with a 28-yard field goal. McCarthy will probably get some heat.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Is this the time of the year the Cowboys choke?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:07 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Is this the time of the year the Cowboys choke?

I set my alarm for 7:00 am. Tomorrow is Michael Irving on FirstTake. SAS will probably be wearing his black cowboy hat and have a cigar in his mouth.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:24 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
McCarthy goes for a 4th and 4 on Packer 45 and didn't make it. They were in field goal range. GB wins with a 28-yard field goal. McCarthy will probably get some heat.

It was at the 35, and I thought it was the right call. A 53-yard FG in cold weather is hardly a sure thing (had to be below a 60% chance to make it), and Green Bay would have still had life even if it goes in, which is the best case scenario. And Green Bay would have had 4 downs on every series of downs to convert, also. The odds of making 4th and 4 from that spot on the field is probably around 50/50, but if you make it, you keep the chances of simply ending the game with a TD alive.

What I didn't like was throwing it on both 3rd down and 4th down. If you know you're going to go for it on 4th down, then run the ball with Pollard on 3rd down. Give yourself a chance to call another running play on 4th down if you don't make it, or at least a higher-percentage pass play if it's 4th and 2, let's say.

Packers had to have that game. At 4-6 they are still breathing. A 3-7 mark would've ended their Wild Card chances. The Vikings have the division on lockdown. Speaking of the Vikes, that was one of the wildest finishes to a game I have ever seen. The Bills remind me of the Dodgers. A great team that wins a lot of games, has high analytical marks on both offense and defense, and yet they lose a lot of close games.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:47 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It was at the 35, and I thought it was the right call. A 53-yard FG in cold weather is hardly a sure thing (had to be below a 60% chance to make it), and Green Bay would have still had life even if it goes in, which is the best case scenario. And Green Bay would have had 4 downs on every series of downs to convert, also. The odds of making 4th and 4 from that spot on the field is probably around 50/50, but if you make it, you keep the chances of simply ending the game with a TD alive.

What I didn't like was throwing it on both 3rd down and 4th down. If you know you're going to go for it on 4th down, then run the ball with Pollard on 3rd down. Give yourself a chance to call another running play on 4th down if you don't make it, or at least a higher-percentage pass play if it's 4th and 2, let's say.

Packers had to have that game. At 4-6 they are still breathing. A 3-7 mark would've ended their Wild Card chances. The Vikings have the division on lockdown. Speaking of the Vikes, that was one of the wildest finishes to a game I have ever seen. The Bills remind me of the Dodgers. A great team that wins a lot of games, has high analytical marks on both offense and defense, and yet they lose a lot of close games.

Hindsight. I would have given the field goal a shot. My angst is if he missed it would have given GB great field position. Aaron at the 35 would have been nervous time. It's a gamble I would have taken and trusted my defense.

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:37 pm    Post subject:

I would've loved a snow game but I understand why..

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/17/nfl-moves-browns-bills-game-to-detroit/

Quote:
NFL moves Browns-Bills game to Detroit

There will not be a snow globe game in Buffalo this Sunday.

Forecasts of a prolonged and paralyzing snow storm in and around Buffalo in the coming days has led the NFL to move Sundayā€™s game between the Browns and the Bills. As many expected, the NFL has announced that the game will move to Detroitā€™s Ford Field.

The game will still kick off at 1 p.m. ET.

Detroit made for a natural landing spot because the stadium has a roof, the Lions will be in New Jersey to play the Giants, and the Bills are already scheduled to be there for a Thanksgiving Day game against the Lions. Itā€™s not clear if the Bills will stay in Detroit, but returning to Buffalo may not be logistically possible if the storm is as massive as predicted.

Itā€™s not the first time that the Bills have had a home game moved to Ford Field because of weather. A 2014 game against the Jets also moved and that one also moved back a night, but postponement was more difficult this time because of the quick turnaround to Thanksgiving for the Bills.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:17 pm    Post subject:

It's snowing, 26 degrees with an expected low of 24 degrees in Green Bay. What's harder to play in, snow or below freezing weather? Gotta give the Pac an edge. They're use to it.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Titans open with an 83 yards multi-series plays to score. Pac went 3 and out. Titans lead 7 0.

An Aside: Basketball games don't start until 7:00 tonight. I wonder if that's because of TNF.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:48 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
It's snowing, 26 degrees with an expected low of 24 degrees in Green Bay. What's harder to play in, snow or below freezing weather? Gotta give the Pac an edge. They're use to it.

Snow because it is wet
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

An Aside: Basketball games don't start until 7:00 tonight. I wonder if that's because of TNF.

Nope. All three games are on the West Coast.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:32 pm    Post subject:

The game has been surprisingly free of penalties. Rodger is doing what Dan Orlovsky suggested working under the center. It looks like the thing to do. Tannehill is treading the needle. Titians leading 27 17.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:20 pm    Post subject:

It will never ever, ever never, get old watching Karen Rogers lose. And the icing on the cake was the Titans throwing down field to really drive the final nail in.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:43 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
It will never ever, ever never, get old watching Karen Rogers lose. And the icing on the cake was the Titans throwing down field to really drive the final nail in.

I went out and watched Wakanda Forever today, but got home in time to watch the Packers' final drive. That sack that Rodgers took on what ended up being their third-to-last play is literally one of the worst sacks I've ever seen a QB take. He had all day to throw that ball. Eons. It's near the end of the game, you're two scores down, and the clock's running if you take the sack. A Pop Warner QB should know that you can't take that sack. He just took it! God forbid he should throw it away and risk lowering his completion percentage. He's always, always been loathe to throw the ball away because of the completion percentage/QB rating thing, but even with the game on the line, he still won't just throw it away.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 173, 174, 175 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 174 of 335
Jump to: