*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets (10/30/22 @ 6:30 pm PT) Gm#6 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:33 pm    Post subject:

4 game win streak coming

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:36 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Will take the W obviously.

Honestly not sure if this sort of all around effort is sustainable by this team night after night with this roster...but season early.

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Glad to see they won. From the comments it was a finally great game and energized crowd.

Unfortunately I missed it because it was blacked out here in Denver ( even on League Pass… argh!) because the local teams and local cable can’t work out a contract.

So frustrating!
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:40 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:

Honestly not sure if this sort of all around effort is sustainable by this team night after night with this roster...but season early.

Effort has always been there since game 1… Difference we were making our 3s tonight. I know 40%+ behind the arc is not sustainable. But I’ll be happy if we can shoot around 34-35%. Which probably were our roster career % are at.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Extremely happy to see the Lakers get the win. This should be a big boost for locker room morale, as well as calming down the histrionics of a lot of the Laker fanbase. Good to see the progression to the means, regarding our 3pt shooting. Kudos to AD playing through pain, and LeBron waking up in the second half. BIG props to Westbrook for leading the charge off the bench, and making positive things happen! Enjoyed the game. Lakers!
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:48 pm    Post subject:

The fact we were a Top 5 Defensive team and in every game despite being 30th defensively, says that if we could even shoot league average from three we'd have won a lot of those games, We're one of the top teams creating open threes in the league, we just weren't hitting any.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook off the bench looking like a team-saving move. Was on fire tonight. Now, he won’t be like this every night, so Ham is gonna have to know when to close with him and when not to, but I’d be happy to keep this version of RWB

Hopefully this game can be a catalyst for getting out of our shooting slump, too. Bron, Reaves, LW4 and Ryan all hit huge shots tonight
#18 next...
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:03 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DrDent wrote:

LINK

https://www.facebook.com/DancefloorGeneva/videos/popping-cat-/1240507023117689/
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
We win by 9, then go on to win the next 3 or 4 games.

Book it.

Almost, almost
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Jones, Nunn and Beverly had been so disappointing so far tho I was expecting it from Bev and was more surprised by the optimism displayed by others including the media. I really hadn’t seen anything from Bev that led me to believe he would be anything different than what he has been so far.

But Nunn? What is up with him? After preseason and the 1st game he looked good so can’t blame it on returning from injury rust.

Enough of negative tho…a win yea!!!

Lonnie Walker has stepped up and I’m pleasantly surprised that the praise Reeves has received is well deserved!

TBjr also has given some good minutes.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:16 am    Post subject:

It took that many years for the team to fully acknowledge the Minny titles and retire #99. Kinda disgraceful. For Mikan, perhaps he didn't want an individual honor to take away from what the team accomplished? Some of his teammates were upset with the "Mikan vs Knicks" advertisement, which he was not responsible for. Clearly the honor was important to his family. Any reason it was held pregame instead of the usual halftime? Not many former jersey retirees appeared to have showed up either.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:13 am    Post subject:

We just beat a contender, baby steps
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:58 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
The fact we were a Top 5 Defensive team and in every game despite being 30th defensively, says that if we could even shoot league average from three we'd have won a lot of those games, We're one of the top teams creating open threes in the league, we just weren't hitting any.

My one push back on this is opponents have said they are giving us open 3s.

But yeah, if you can get just respectable shooting with this defense = win decent amount of games.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:32 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DrDent wrote:

LINK

https://www.facebook.com/DancefloorGeneva/videos/popping-cat-/1240507023117689/

I see some positive posts because of this win. I hope it's there after a loss. I wasn't posting in game threads because of the negativity. I'm gonna be posting in the game threads for a while. If I don't post the entire game it's because I'm just not up to it.

LET'S GO LAKERS!!!

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:28 am    Post subject:

Lakers celebrate Darvin Ham's first career win as HC
LeBron James, Anthony Davis and various Lakers dump water on Darvin Ham to celebrate his first career win as a head coach.

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/34918013
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:33 am    Post subject:

I watched the Bills-Packer game and turned on the Laker game at halftime, it was in the second quarter. Lebron was turning the ball over, throwing up horrible shots and I thought, is Lebron drunk? Turned it back on after the football game was over (about 9 minutes left in the game) and Lebron was playing great. A tale of two halves.
AtlLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:37 am    Post subject:

I don’t see them beating the Pelicans. I watched the Clippers vs Pels game before our game and they are legit. This was without Herb Jones and Brandon Ingram. They have depth and can shoot it well. I actually like them when I’m not watching the Lakers.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:41 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I watched the Bills-Packer game and turned on the Laker game at halftime, it was in the second quarter. Lebron was turning the ball over, throwing up horrible shots and I thought, is Lebron drunk? Turned it back on after the football game was over (about 9 minutes left in the game) and Lebron was playing great. A tale of two halves.

The 3rd qt. was the turning point again. The Lakers got hammered in the 3rd last time we played Denver but this time LA outscored Denver 38-35.
The team got hot, the treys were failing which opened up the floor for LBJ, WB and AD. Really good half of basketball and a great team effort.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:29 am    Post subject:

AtlLaker wrote:
I don’t see them beating the Pelicans. I watched the Clippers vs Pels game before our game and they are legit. This was without Herb Jones and Brandon Ingram. They have depth and can shoot it well. I actually like them when I’m not watching the Lakers.

I normally root for the Pelicans, but not when they have control of our pick.

We need them to have the same record as us. If they are better, they will take our pick.

Ideally both of us will have bad records if we don't make any drastic changes that somehow fix the team.
AtlLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:49 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
AtlLaker wrote:

I normally root for the Pelicans, but not when they have control of our pick.

We need them to have the same record as us. If they are better, they will take our pick.

Ideally both of us will have bad records if we don't make any drastic changes that somehow fix the team.

With the way the Lakers have looked, The pelicans may get a top 5 draft pick and that’s being realistic. If they don’t win over 20 games by December. They will go into tank mode and start letting the young players play to get more experience.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26
Jump to: