Official LA RAMS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 194, 195, 196 ... 227, 228, 229  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:59 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Epic collapse and you can't blame it on the OL this time.

The losses of players on both sides of the ball from last year were never fixed and too much to overcome by patchwork journey men players
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Rams front office made the same mistake as the Dodgers, being complacent after winning the title. In dodgers case, they just clinging on the old faces not trying to turn the page, and for the rams, losing Von Miller really hurts, that dude brings attitude this team seriously lacking.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Rams front office made the same mistake as the Dodgers, being complacent after winning the title. In dodgers case, they just clinging on the old faces not trying to turn the page, and for the rams, losing Von Miller really hurts, that dude brings attitude this team seriously lacking.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Drafting guys like Tutu and relying on training camp fodder and late round picks for your OL and other important positions ain't it.

There are no leaders on this team.....Ramsey is one of the only guys with real fire and leadership ability. AD is too reserved, BWags is a 1 year rental and The guys on offense take after McVay and have ZERO sense of urgency.

I'm so sick of the lip service from McVay after every loss.
His manufactured speeches are tiresome.

"Hats off to the 9ers, but we need to look inward and make corrections, And we will...that's all we know how to do. We look forward to the opportunity to see how we respond with our backs against the wall"... Blah blah blah.

Supposedly he was looking forward to "playing for 1st place" today.
Really, McVay? Looks like you were looking forward to crapping your pants again...cuz that's what we saw. No RAMS fans want to pay $400 bucks to go to SoFi to see their team get bent over.... Maybe start playing like you've got a pair and you won't have to worry about opposing fans coming into your stadium.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:37 pm    Post subject:

This team has too many holes and weaknesses with some due to injuries. Unless they make multiple trades to get better this season is over.
I just hope the 49ers don't win the Super Bowl this year.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:23 am    Post subject:

I am a 49ers fan and even Im embarrassed for the Rams to let so many 49ers fans take over their home stadium
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:34 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I am a 49ers fan and even Im embarrassed for the Rams to let so many 49ers fans take over their home stadium

i will bet most, or at least a good portion of those 49er "fans" were just there to be seen on national TV. this is typical LA, everyone does something to get attention, what's a better way to do that by dress in red and show up in bunch on nationally televised game rooting AGAINST the home team? i bet most of them don't even know what Candlestick Park and who Jeff Garcia is. sort of like Clipper fans at Laker games. but i do agree that Rams' fanbase is pretty weak sauce, you have to sell your tickets to have all those 49ers "fans" to get in.

Last edited by SGV-Laker fan on Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:44 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

i will bet most, or at least a good portion of those 49er "fans" were just there to be seen on national TV. this is typical LA, everyone does something to get attention, what's a better way to do that by dress in red and show up in bunch on nationally televised game? i bet most of them don't even know what Candlestick Park and who Jeff Garcia is. sort of like Clipper fans at Laker games. but i do agree that Rams' fanbase is pretty weak sauce, you have to sell your tickets to have all those 49ers "fans" to get in.

I think there are alot of legit 49ers fans in LA because for a very long stretch they were by far the best team in California when LA had no other options. Thats how I became a fan as a kid in the mid 90s when they were the underdogs of the 49ers Cowboys rivalry.
I just thought there would be enough Rams fans to fill out their own stadium
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:10 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

i will bet most, or at least a good portion of those 49er "fans" were just there to be seen on national TV. this is typical LA, everyone does something to get attention, what's a better way to do that by dress in red and show up in bunch on nationally televised game? i bet most of them don't even know what Candlestick Park and who Jeff Garcia is. sort of like Clipper fans at Laker games. but i do agree that Rams' fanbase is pretty weak sauce, you have to sell your tickets to have all those 49ers "fans" to get in.

I think there are alot of legit 49ers fans in LA because for a very long stretch they were by far the best team in California when LA had no other options. Thats how I became a fan as a kid in the mid 90s when they were the underdogs of the 49ers Cowboys rivalry.
I just thought there would be enough Rams fans to fill out their own stadium

In a pretty heated discussion over on a Rams board. There was no FOOTBALL team out here for decades! I continued to follow the Rams, but others jumped ship to the Raiders, 9ers, Cowboys, etc. Sofi is a destination stadium. I know my azz isn't going to plan a trip out to Green Bay or Denver for a few days to catch a Rams game... eff that.

As far as the Niners games specifically... the team has crapped the bed against them repeatedly...even if I had FREE tix I would have passed. Until McVay and these guys start making some changes, they can expect to have their stadium overrun. Maybe start playing with some heart and stop repeating the same mistakes over and over and you can take back your pride and stadium ffs.

The fans or lack thereof had zero to do with the team pissing down their leg on Sunday. ( And the past 7 regular season games as well )
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:06 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:

too many social 49er transplants
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:40 pm    Post subject:

49ers always had a big fanbase in Southern California. Since the Joe Montana / Steve Young days. Unless the Rams go out and win at least another or maybe 2 more Superbowls, I really don't see that changing.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:29 am    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
49ers always had a big fanbase in Southern California. Since the Joe Montana / Steve Young days. Unless the Rams go out and win at least another or maybe 2 more Superbowls, I really don't see that changing.

I don't remember that fanbase being large until Georgia Frontiere moved the team. The Rams are no longer the Rams of the Fearsome Foursome. I don't think winning one for the Gipper will make a real difference. They've already done that.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:08 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:

and this is all the proof the Clippers need to just give up and move out of town. The Rams cant take over their own city with teams that are not even in LA, even after winning the super bowl. And the Clippers think they can somehow supplant the freaken Lakers after winning a Championship or 2??? (and at this point the chances of the Kawhi-PG Clippers ever bringing a championship to the Clippers is looking not much better than Lebron+AD getting a second chip)
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:34 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

I don't remember that fanbase being large until Georgia Frontiere moved the team. The Rams are no longer the Rams of the Fearsome Foursome. I don't think winning one for the Gipper will make a real difference. They've already done that.

Growing up in the 80s a lot of people around me were Niner fans. Everywhere I looked during football season there were niner fans everywhere. I even went to a game at the big A when Rams played the niners and even then there were a lot of Niner fans. Not as much as now at Sofi but there were a good amount.

After last year's SB the fan base did seem to grow a bit so I was just thinking maybe another or two would grow it even more.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Thats because most of the Rams fans were carry overs of when they were the only LA team in town. So this is why you have old heads like Danny Trejo and Mayor Garcetti being high profile Rams fans. They were their childhood teams before the Raiders moved to LA in the 80s, before the 49ers won all those championships in the 80's and before the Cowboys were the team of the 90's. Back then it was Rams football and nothing else. There were more competition for Rams fandom back in the 80's when they were no longer a good team and moved down to Anaheim. And ultimately when they left the area after 1995, there were pretty much no new Rams fans created until they moved back in 2016.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:17 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Growing up in the 80s a lot of people around me were Niner fans. Everywhere I looked during football season there were niner fans everywhere. I even went to a game at the big A when Rams played the niners and even then there were a lot of Niner fans. Not as much as now at Sofi but there were a good amount.

After last year's SB the fan base did seem to grow a bit so I was just thinking maybe another or two would grow it even more.

I'm talking about the 1960s' When I came to Los Angeles it was the Rams, Dodgers, and Lakers.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:16 pm    Post subject:

No moves by the Rams at the deadline. There were reports that the Rams offered two 1st's for Brian Burns, and the Panthers said no. But who knows when that offer was made. Maybe the Rams decided after dropping to 3-4 that this isn't the year to be giving up assets. I would agree with that assessment, and I'm not expecting Beckham to come back now.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:18 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

I'm talking about the 1960s' When I came to Los Angeles it was the Rams, Dodgers, and Lakers.

Ah I see. Yeah thats a bit before my time.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:13 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

The Rams had the Fearsome Foursome Rosey Grier, Lamar Lundy, Merlin Olsen, and Deacon Jones. They were the most dominant defensive line of their era. The Rams were a real force in that era.

By the By I'm before the time of a huge majority of LG posters.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:58 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

The Rams had the Fearsome Foursome Rosey Grier, Lamar Lundy, Merlin Olsen, and Deacon Jones. They were the most dominant defensive line of their era. The Rams were a real force in that era.

Oh nice. Must have been nice to be a Rams fan back in the days.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Lucky for the Rams today they are playing a washed up TB12 and the Bucs team that are reaching the cellar.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:18 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Lucky for the Rams today they are playing a washed up TB12 and the Bucs team that are reaching the cellar.

you got that right…
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:23 pm    Post subject:

defense plays so soft
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Looks like the Rams will collapse with the soft D
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:25 pm    Post subject:

OMG you gotta be joking.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 194, 195, 196 ... 227, 228, 229  Next
Page 195 of 229
Jump to: