View previous topic :: View next topic  
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:07 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
TMG wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
I don’t think Lebron will play this Sunday versus the Cavs.

He might not be sick anymore but now he’s probably gonna rest his ankle

He's just washed. Honestly it's going to be the same excuses this whole seaosn. It'll be the ankle. He's sick. In the end it's all part of getting older. Dude is 38. He wont ever be healthy, he cant dominate anymore.

Lebron 3 years ago on a bad ankle would still dominate this jazz team.

Now he cant finish against Olynyk. I hope he gets his record which he probably will. But he needs to accept that he isn't the dominant force he used to be.

Yeah bro not totally sold on him being washed and basically Brian Cook 2.0

He’s getting over a flu which for some odd reason made his left toe sore

All These critics will only motivate him more to go off plus PED’s nowadays are amazing an with Lebron billionaire money he got access to those PED’s that don’t show up on drug tests LOL!

Loool we'll see. He better get on those PED's because we need W's right now.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Glad the Lakers beat Denver and New Orleans, always glad with a win and could never root for a loss...but it would have been better for the team to be 0-8 right now to create a sense of urgency to upgrade the roster.

Westbrook for Rozier/Hayward no pics
Bev/Nunn for Turner 1FRP

Turner
AD
LBJ TBjr (Reeves)
Hayward Walker (Reeves)
Rozier Schroeder (Reeves)

Rozier is not needed since we got Lonnie. And Gordon’s contract is beyond terrible. I’d rather get Oubre and PJ Washington if we were to go that route.

Russ is ballin off the bench right now. I still do not believe Bron is washed and he’s just dealing with a lingering flu which for some reason got his toe sore.

I think he’ll wake up soon hopefully against Cleveland this Sunday. He always loves to punish Dan Gilbert for his sins

I understand the sentiment about Rozier but I would play him at PG with Hayward at SG so Schroeder and Walker can make us deep with a bench and injury insurance.

Use Russ ballin to sell high because long term we can use his $47mil more effectively since so many holes on the team. If we had Rozier and Hayward ballin this game perhaps we have a chance to win. Just Russ ballin we lose by double digits.

Yes, would rather have Oubre and Washington but those players are what makes Rozier and Hayward available for Russ for no pics. We would have a team on books with continuity for a change with Rozier/Hayward/LBJ/AD. Without the trade we are headed for another season with AD/LBJ and a bunch of vet min players...again.

Oh, have I mentioned Bev/Nunn for Turner too?

They don’t care if Russ is good or not, they want picks only.there is no sell high on Russ
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:08 pm    Post subject:

I don't know crap about basketball i'm just convinced. Utah without Gobert/Mitchell/Bojdan win no problem. I get than Marketen balled but we have AD/LBJ and WB balled out tonight...WTF is happening?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:09 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Damn could have been 3-5...Instead 2-6.

Trying to see where the (bleep) the next win is and i'd say against the Pistons. I dont know if we'll beat the Kings to be honest. Cavs have both Mitchell and Garland out it seems like. Maybe we'll win against them on Sunday.

Wtf is happening to Lebron man this is just sad to watch. It's crazy how much he's fallen off. Dude would have feasted against 2 years ago.

He cant create anything at half court anymore. And his shooting is so off Centers are just backing off him daring him to shoot.

The lebron hold the ball for 10 seconds offense never worked since 2020
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:09 pm    Post subject:

First 2 quarters were killers allowing 40 and 35 points in back to back quarters. Jazz just started off hot... Just one of those nights. I still like how this team competes.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:10 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Glad the Lakers beat Denver and New Orleans, always glad with a win and could never root for a loss...but it would have been better for the team to be 0-8 right now to create a sense of urgency to upgrade the roster.

Bev/Nunn for Turner 1FRP

Turner
AD
LBJ TBjr (Reeves)
Hayward Walker (Reeves)

Rozier is not needed since we got Lonnie. And Gordon’s contract is beyond terrible. I’d rather get Oubre and PJ Washington if we were to go that route.

Russ is ballin off the bench right now. I still do not believe Bron is washed and he’s just dealing with a lingering flu which for some reason got his toe sore.

I think he’ll wake up soon hopefully against Cleveland this Sunday. He always loves to punish Dan Gilbert for his sins

I understand the sentiment about Rozier but I would play him at PG with Hayward at SG so Schroeder and Walker can make us deep with a bench and injury insurance.

Use Russ ballin to sell high because long term we can use his $47mil more effectively since so many holes on the team. If we had Rozier and Hayward ballin this game perhaps we have a chance to win. Just Russ ballin we lose by double digits.

Myles Turner looked clumsy as heck when I watched him the other night. But yes he is a good defensive presence and alongside AD he would be much needed help.

I’d rather give up Damian Jones and maybe Max Christie along with Nunn if that was even possible.
An fwiw I’m still okay with trading Russ as long as we get to keep our picks.

But tbh we constantly forget that no team will do a deal with our Lakers unless they get to fleece us. They know our history and all 28 of them are still jealous.

That Lakers tax will forever be a thing
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:10 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Last years team was above .500 at this time

we were?

We had an easier schedule though.

Yeah! I was shocked. I don’t remember that at all. But they were floating around 500 or above for most of this part of the season.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:11 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Bev/Nunn for Turner 1FRP

Turner
AD
LBJ TBjr (Reeves)
Hayward Walker (Reeves)

Yes, would rather have Oubre and Washington but those players are what makes Rozier and Hayward available for Russ for no pics. We would have a team on books with continuity for a change with Rozier/Hayward/LBJ/AD. Without the trade we are headed for another season with AD/LBJ and a bunch of vet min players...again.

They don’t care if Russ is good or not, they want picks only.there is no sell high on Russ

Yes, under normal circumstances that's exactly right...but with Melo hurt they would not have to waive Russ, could play him due to injuries and he has proven he can come off the bench. I get that Russ would not be a part of long term plans but neither is Rozier/Hayward but Russ expires and whereas Rozier/Hayward have multi year deals.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:12 pm    Post subject:

This loss was on the defense. We scored 62 points in the first half. But we gave up 75 points in the first half.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:13 pm    Post subject:

I don't know crap about basketball i'm just convinced. Utah without Gobert/Mitchell/Bojdan win no problem. I get than Marketen balled but we have AD/LBJ and WB balled out tonight...WTF is happening?

Jazz were hot from 3... One of those nights. That was the difference right there. Lakers shot well from 3 but jazz made and shot above their average tonight too.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:13 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Bev/Nunn for Turner 1FRP

Turner
AD
LBJ TBjr (Reeves)
Hayward Walker (Reeves)

Yes, under normal circumstances that's exactly right...but with Melo hurt they would not have to waive Russ, could play him due to injuries and he has proven he can come off the bench. I get that Russ would not be a part of long term plans but neither is Rozier/Hayward but Russ expires and whereas Rozier/Hayward have multi year deals.

Ok, I would give it more time because He was not the reason we lost tonight, and I am not sure rozier and Hayward solves much when lebron is playing like this. If we rest lebron, Russ will be badly needed
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:14 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

Jazz were hot from 3... One of those nights. That was the difference right there. Lakers shot well from 3 but jazz made and shot above their average tonight too.

Lebron and Ad didn’t ball out, Ad was ok
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:16 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Bev/Nunn for Turner 1FRP

Turner
AD
LBJ TBjr (Reeves)
Hayward Walker (Reeves)

Myles Turner looked clumsy as heck when I watched him the other night. But yes he is a good defensive presence and alongside AD he would be much needed help.

I’d rather give up Damian Jones and maybe Max Christie along with Nunn if that was even possible.

But tbh we constantly forget that no team will do a deal with our Lakers unless they get to fleece us. They know our history and all 28 of them are still jealous.

Agreed...wonder if Charlotte considers dumping Rozier's contract 4years $21mil and Hayward's 2ye $30mil as enough fleecing? I kinda do but will take it due to the reach around Those added to the team with Turner's shot blocking and shooting make us a contender.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:18 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Bev/Nunn for Turner 1FRP

Turner
AD
LBJ TBjr (Reeves)
Hayward Walker (Reeves)

Agreed...wonder if Charlotte considers dumping Rozier's contract 4years $21mil and Hayward's 2ye $30mil as enough fleecing? I kinda do but will take it due to the reach around Those added to the team with Turner's shot blocking and shooting make us a contender.
Jeanie would’ve vetoed that herself, too much tax
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:19 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Bev/Nunn for Turner 1FRP

Turner
AD
LBJ TBjr (Reeves)
Hayward Walker (Reeves)

Does this make us a contender if this is the best version of Lebron we're getting? Neither he or AD are playing like a top 10 player.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:19 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
This loss was on the defense. We scored 62 points in the first half. But we gave up 75 points in the first half.

Yeah gotta give Utah credit. There 7-3 for a reason.

There offense is just soo much more lethal now with Lauri and Kelly replacing all of Rudy Gobert’s garbage touches.
An tbh as great Donovan Mitchell is him being gone gives more minutes for Clarkson coming off his 6MOTY season with more PT, and Conley actually looks like his Grizzlies days.

Everyone on their squad basically shoots threes with that nothing to lose attitude.

I hope we whoop their ass back in Utah this coming Monday 😤😤😤
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:23 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Bev/Nunn for Turner 1FRP

Turner
AD
LBJ TBjr (Reeves)
Hayward Walker (Reeves)

Ok, I would give it more time because He was not the reason we lost tonight, and I am not sure rozier and Hayward solves much when lebron is playing like this. If we rest lebron, Russ will be badly needed

I'm desperate to get on with the winning but deep down I know your plan is the most logically safe approach. Who knows, Shroeder may give us much of what I'm looking for from Rozier and Bryant may provide some of what I'm looking for from Turner. Also, Lonnie and TBjr are looking like they may do what I want from Hayward.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:24 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Yeah gotta give Utah credit. There 7-3 for a reason.

There offense is just soo much more lethal now with Lauri and Kelly replacing all of Rudy Gobert’s garbage touches.
An tbh as great Donovan Mitchell is him being gone gives more minutes for Clarkson coming off his 6MOTY season with more PT, and Conley actually looks like his Grizzlies days.

Everyone on their squad basically shoots threes with that nothing to lose attitude.

I hope we whoop their ass back in Utah this coming Monday 😤😤😤

Jazz is definitely a surprise team this year so far... One of the hottest teams from behind the arc averaging about 14.6 makes per game. Reason they been winning a lot of games.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Darvin just confirmed Lebron has a stomach virus.
Can’t eat and sleep properly. Probably should of sat out this game...

A few weeks ago I had a stomach flu myself that had me bed ridden for a couple days. I wonder if Lebron also ate some bad shrimp from Costco alongside possibly some bad avocado salad???

Damn you Kirkland food!
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:32 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

A few weeks ago I had a stomach flu myself that had me bed ridden for a couple days. I wonder if Lebron also ate some bad shrimp from Costco alongside possibly some bad avocado salad???

Damn you Kirkland food!

Im taking this as good news lol. Means he's being hindered by illness and a bad foot. He should just rest up and get healthy.

Prove to people you ain't washed BRON!
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:32 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

A few weeks ago I had a stomach flu myself that had me bed ridden for a couple day. I wonder if Lebron also ate some bad shrimp from Costco alongside possibly some bad avocado salad???

Damn you Kirkland food!

Its pretty obvious... He looked lethargic last 2 games compare to the Nuggets game. Definitely something is bothering him.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Wow, I cannot believe we have Russ figured out and playing well. Unfortunately we’re 2-6. But Russ being an asset is a huge plus. Gotta build on this.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:38 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Bev/Nunn for Turner 1FRP

Turner
AD
LBJ TBjr (Reeves)
Hayward Walker (Reeves)

Jeanie would’ve vetoed that herself, too much tax

You are probably right, the focus is on avoiding repeater tax this year not necessarily winning. Not my money so I realize I'm biased, she's probably making a smart business move...paid luxury tax last year and didn't even make the playoffs. It makes sense not to do it again and to reset repeater tax counter...even if it means sacrificing a year of AD/Lebron and leaving us fans without a contender for another year.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Our defense definitely could have been better but Utah just seemed to hit everything tonight so loss was not that upsetting. But I do think the players we brought on for defense (JTA and Beverly) are really having little impact. Also because of all our guards we always seem to be small vs other team. We had Reaves guarding Markkanen at one point. Seems like players can just shoot over our guards so even "contested" shots are not really contested.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:49 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Bev/Nunn for Turner 1FRP

Turner
AD
LBJ TBjr (Reeves)
Hayward Walker (Reeves)

Does this make us a contender if this is the best version of Lebron we're getting? Neither he or AD are playing like a top 10 player.

Yep, it sure does make us a contender, even with AD/LBJ playing like they did. AD/LBJ actually didn't play bad, they just weren't good enough for the flawed roster. If they had Turner as another option with Hayward capable of dropping 25points and Rozier capable of dropping 25 points it would not only help the team score more points but would help AD/LBJ not get as much attention so that they have more space to perform better. Plus TBjr/Walker would be battling against bench players instead of starters making the team even more lethal. Also, players like Gabriel/JTA/Ryan(sorry kid, the 3 was nice last game!) would get only the garbage minutes they are suited for.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20
Jump to: